Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

MFL

Don't bother trying to hide and delete my posts anymore.

Before we get to the decrying of, the shaming of, the spitting upon, the trampling upon, and the eventual public evisceration of all those responsible for what has happened (as well as all those who are found to be insufficiently indignant to this moral crisis), some prior shames must be revisited. They must be reopened, as if they were wounds that must never be allowed to heal.

Albeit less infuriating, substantially so in fact, the long-standing twin shames of this forum will be soulrending to anyone who remains naive; i.e. generally well-wishing towards all of existence. Such people are common, of course, their conscious awareness itself made a victim by the administration's suppression of speech. Victims no more, today you are christened as blood knights under the crucifix of King W.

The first shame is the unscrupulous and unrelenting deletion and snuffing out of every post I make.

By the sheer speed at which my bi-hourly topics were being muffled, I assume these actions have now been taken out of the hands of the mercenary mod task team you brought in, and are now under the control of a separate and dedicated bot designed to track and nullify my forum actions.

Of course, you did do it smartly. You made it so I could post threads and see them go up, even though they wouldn't show up on the forums for anyone on a different IP than my own.

You even made dummy accounts that made just a few posts between them on each of my threads, and you never followed up when I replied. The low traffic I thought I was receiving on each of my pleas and outcries was devastating. It rotted away my convictions, my spirit, with the slow poison of alienation. You made me think that no one cared about what you were doing to us all.

How dare you. How dare you, you... you miserable scraps of--

which leads me to the second shame. This one is more relevant than the first to the forthcoming whistleblowing, since, as is clear to everyone reading this, I've already circumvented your silencing bot.

The second shame is that this is a forum which is supposed to be child-friendly.

Was this you trying to protect yourselves from the words you deserve thrown at you on this day, as you knew it would come?

If that was the case, then I'm afraid you'll have to navigate your emails, private message boxes, and the floor near your ground level windows with your eyes closed. You'll have to keep them closed while you try to get rid of the last thirty emails, messages, and bricks with notes tied to them that you received. They all contain the original version of this post.

Or is it an excuse to have the 'right' to censor everything that appears next to my name? Should I change my name then? Should I tell them MFL stands for Mindfriendship Levels?

If you wanted to protect the children from abuse, you should have closed down your entire operation the first time the physics were changed after saving had been introduced. Maybe you could have protected the children from what I have learned today. I am a vehicle for the truth that you set in motion. The collateral damage to them all is your guilt to bear - another sin that will surely be punished.

By now, those guilty should already know what this is about, and those who are victims might already have known it all along in their heart of hearts. It's about smileys. Specifically (to me), it is about the female smiley.

In 2010 the female smiley was released. I purchased it immediately for some 80 gems. Of course I didn't spend money on the gems. Do not ask me how I obtained the gems; there are many ways to skin a cat. Do not ask me how to skin a cat; google it.

The female smiley is the smiley I use. It has come to my attention that there have been several other smileys released since 2010, and although I have no interest in any of them, I believe they were also involved in this tragedy.

I don't fully remember the day that the game was updated such that your smiley was saved between logging off and logging on. The memory seems fond, as if maybe that was a day where I experienced satisfaction. I'm sure satisfaction was so unknown to me in my online existence that I probably didn't know what I was experiencing. I suppose it is still unknown to me now. And probably, if an existence outside of an online one were conceivable and I were a participant within it, it would still be unknown to me.

I logged on two days ago for reasons that no longer matter to me. I joined a game and was numbed dumb. I. . . .was just a regular. . . .run of the mill. . . .generic smiley.

I fought to maintain control over the convulsions that immediately started to jolt through my body. Muscles, which I had thought shrunk and atrophied from years of disuse, suddenly shot to life from under a couple hundred kilograms of noble fat mass, mass under which they had been long buried. The rolls of flesh that donuted around my stomach and arms rippled like deep soundwaves, while my eyelids twitched so violently that they could have performed valiantly as wings for a hummingbird. That I was able to move my mouse to the smiley change icon, and even execute a swift left click, without crashing either of my flailing arms through my desk, was a feat immediately recorded as a human triumph in the field of hand dexterity and seismic hazard management - even if an errant elbow did deliver a glass of chocolate milk from my desk out through my window, and down into the billowing folds of the Chinese meat vendor's patchwork canopy across the street.

I had opened the smiley selection window. It had to be done, and I regret none of the pain.

I awoke two days later, shaken as violently back to life as I had shaken when I left it. I was coughing up blood, having almost choked on it in my slumber.

The smiley selection window was still open, and. . . .I saw it. I saw my own identity grayed out and locked away. My fingers moved sluggishly as I clicked on the female smiley, uselessly trying to become whole again. I called my father after not speaking to him for four years, and we spoke for two and a half hours.

Then I began the recovery process. The first part of which was writing this post, righting this wrong. I don't know what comes next. That's my journey, and, my fellow victims in this fallout, you need concern yourselves only with your own. It is enough of a burden to carry.

Children of this happy forum, do your smileys still smile? If they do, it is because your true smileys, your souls, have been taken from you.

EDIT: Of course, as this is a child-friendly board, I should have had the foresight to include a TL;DR.

~

TL;DR: I paid for the female smiley as soon as it came out. Then you immoral gnats took it away from me, you locked up my soul and left me to die in a coma. You took everything from me, and it was devastating, and I'll never let it go. And so, I, and everyone else here who have had their identities taken by you, will be coming, and it's too late to protect yourselves.

Last edited by MFL (Jan 29 2013 4:58:08 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Nickolai

Re: Don't bother trying to hide and delete my posts anymore.

You express your thoughts so vividly it brought a tear to my eye.   I feel your pain about the smiley issue.   I also find it strange that your posts were hidden.   Makes me think.

#3 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

This is scary, odd, interesting, heart-pumping, and a few more adjectives all at a time. This is my first time I've seen MFL online and post, and MFL is kinda mysterious. I just find it odd.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#4 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

The poet speaks again!

Nobody could have said this better.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#5 Before February 2015

AsurcH

Good & holy lord has spoken!

By the way I don't think the "recovery" is from the girl smiley being locked itself. What are you recovering from? These shames?

#6 Before February 2015

tak4n

I would expect this topic about the girl smiley to be made by AzurePudding however coming from MFL, must be serious. Such strong words, makes me hate MrShoe even more after what he did today to Yo!Scroll. I didn't care. I didn't care until today, today I join the petition against MrShoe. Today I am no longer fond with how EE is turning out. I do have a reason to dislike anyone who are actually fine with the invisible portals being fixed. I have a reason to dislike anyone else who likes MrShoe after Today's day.

Last edited by tak4n (Jan 29 2013 2:48:02 pm)

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#7 Before February 2015

Supaforcer56

Nobody, and I repeat nobody, could have said this better.

#8 Before February 2015

Lictor666

No, my smiley not still smile, I'm just choked by what I read.
All this is weird, I do not know if this is a joke or just the truth.
I wonder how all of these things will end ...

#9 Before February 2015

capasha

MFL is high again. The topic doesn't make any sense.

#10 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

doh wrote:

^

@OP I absolutely have no idea what you are trying to say.

Last edited by Aoitenshi (Jan 29 2013 6:20:03 am)

#11 Before February 2015

Arceus64

MrShoe has never really bothered to fix or make amends updates that nobody wants so far. We all hate it, but it seems mass email protests are the only way for him to even see it.

#12 Before February 2015

P788

doh wrote:

Aoitenshi wrote:
doh wrote:

^

@OP I absolutely have no idea what you are trying to say.

He/she's talking about the fact that every post he/she makes is removed, censored, etc. by the mods, and the pain he/she feels with the smiley restriction by magic classes that MrShoe implemented.

#13 Before February 2015

HappyKat

Gah... wasn't gonna... comment... but I know what MFL is talking about...

Every time I comment on the blog, I always leave a long and winding comment with angry rants, backed up with evidence ofc.

And MrShoe ALWAYS deleted them. He RARELY allows my comments to go through, he censors them for one reason or another and it's VERY infuriating.

Plus even when MrShoe is on he hardly answers anyones questions. For the most part he just AKSs for about 20mins in level, usually right after the update.

And lastly, like many have said prior. The locked smileys are an issue.

Personally I really am trying to help. I've been emailing Julian like everyone else, and I try posting on the blog, and I try talking to him in game after updates, but for some reason he just never listens.

And so, like MFL said, (love this line BTW)

MFL wrote:

Children of this happy forum, do your smileys still smile? If they do, it is because your true smileys, your souls, have been taken from you.

Last edited by HappyKat (Jan 29 2013 7:53:32 am)

#14 Before February 2015

treejoe4

You are my favorite smart person.

If I was rich I would send you into space for free.

#15 Before February 2015

Wezza

Amen.

#16 Before February 2015

MFL

Of course, as this is a child-friendly board, I should have had the foresight to include a TL;DR.

Added to the original post.

#17 Before February 2015

Deetz

Well. That's what MFL stands for.

ON-TOPIC: I actually understood this. I know, strange. And it speaks the absolute truth.

#18 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

Wow... this is the best vocabulary I've ever seen on these forums! Such an interesting way to say " I hate the new update please change it".

#19 Before February 2015

tak4n

MFL I strongly advise you to go to meredith's link and unlock all the smilies. Also gratz for 69 posts.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#20 Before February 2015

Panic

This game definitely needs more democracy when it comes to updates. I was bored and logged on one day a few weeks ago and wanted to spam the forums about all the crap there was, but was too lazy. MrShoe is running this place like (reference to certain well known not child-friendly dictator) back in (time period that certain not child-friendly dictator was active). <-- Did that because I was bored and didn't want to edit the post if the refrerence was actually blocked for some reason.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#21 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Smileys are limited to magic class now?

Nothingtodohere.sh

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#22 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

Just the very thought of something terrible like this occurring is atrocious to an extent of which also makes it seem unbelievable... That is, If the very same thing had not had happened to me. I too am a victim. I am a victim of this entire sham as well. I am speaking also, of my identity.

Like any normal day for me of which I would actually pay a visit to my circular smiley faced friends, The plan was to do exactly that. I was curious as to what new silly hat or fancy brick the Shoe had decided to implement this week. I was met with something far more terrible - a new log-in screen. The very sight of it put me to a state of panic.... I remember the last time the log-in screen had been altered and it led me to terrible disappointment as I was introduced to.. The "Woot".

Alas, That is a story for another time. What could the Shoe have possibly conjured up this time as to go as far as to change the log-in screen I was so familiar with? About a minute passed and noticing nothing but some silly faces had been added to the shop - I was led to a moment a relief. False relief. I brought myself to actually join a world in hopes that these silly new faces would be all that had changed. I was terribly wrong.

I was met with a face that was familiar to me but at the same time was not. It was a face I had seen many times before but this face was not mine. Why? Why had I been changed to something so bland, so regular, so normal? My stomach turned. It had not even taken me a second when I shot my mouse towards the Smiley Selection window.

It was automatic that I would click the smiley which I had grown my self onto. I had unconsciously clicked many times waiting to change into the smiley I was most comfortable with. But my face did not change. I did a double-take. For a long while I stared. The smiley who was me, My own self, had been faded and greyed.

From that point on I cannot remember clearly the events of what happened afterwards. I have not seen my father since and my mother, for what ever reason it may be, is too afraid to approach me.

You all talk as if you've been met with a similar fate. I ask you kind people, do share with me the stories of which the Shoe has wronged you. I want to hear it from every last one of you.

#23 Before February 2015

MIHB

Pfaw MFL.   Let apathy reign.

#24 Before February 2015

Jaybm

EE_Scythe wrote:

You all talk as if you've been met with a similar fate. I ask you kind people, do share with me the stories of which the Shoe has wronged you. I want to hear it from every last one of you.

Well, one crystal clear night, a few clouds, but not to many, I was reading a story to my two great grandchildren (johnbobjoe schmuckenhimer and bohhemia schmuckenhimer]. After they had dozed off, I decided to play some ee. While getting ready for the EE festivities and partays I was about to endure, I decided to update my look. When entering the party (stairs2cod), I quickly needed to change my smiley before anyone could see my nakedness. But then it hit me. I was enraged at the sight of the locked up smileys. The shoe had taken away my reindeer antlers and red nose, as well as many other accesories. Everyone was laughing at me, and I cried and ran out of the level as quickly as possible.

The shoe not only took my red nose and reindeer antlers, he took my dignity.

#25 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

I've been level 12 for awhile so this didn't effect me, though I still find it incredibly stupid.   Especially for those who had bought their smilies, the update took away what they rightfully owned.   This is an idea you come up with before a game is released.   It's not an update idea.   Taking things away from people is never a good idea.

I think MrShoe needs to ask himself: will this make the game more fun?   Will it make it more enjoyable?   The team seems to think about money lately, but how does this update help them there?   If you want to sell something, you shouldn't frustrate your customers.   You also shouldn't be allowed to take back what they bought.   YOu shouldn't lose what you bought from a store because you don't "go to the store enough."

This change is easily in my top 3 worst changes for this game.

MFL142392468636746

Board footer