Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

Santa's Secret Factory

Okay my third and probably final winter level.   This one replaces the second in the Santa's secret workshop theme.
Lw2xa.png
Elves
Santas

Have fun.

Winners-
Guest-1 (Post pic for rep)
Transcend

Last edited by Ikaros (Dec 16 2012 9:01:48 am)

#2 Before February 2015

xAnt123x

Re: Santa's Secret Factory

To start this out, this level is quite interesting. You should really be more original in your art and minis. I have seen these minis and art in other levels, such as:

Mini #1 is like one of EX Crew's minis.

Mini #2 is like one of NC's minis but more annoying.

Mini #3 is like mini #1 but with some jumps.

And wtf are you supposed to do in mini #4, It's ridiculous.

Also, the ground has been used in lots of levels. And this level looks nothing like Santa's Factory.

All I'm trying to say is try to be more original. "Original" meaning different than the commonly used. Goodluck on further levels and I hope you take this advice

Last edited by xAnt123x (Dec 15 2012 3:26:15 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

P788

Well, I had fun with the first 3 minis, and if the level had only the first 3 minis, I could rate it:

Art: 8.25/10
Minis: 8.5/10
Fun: 8.25/10

Overall: 8.33/10

But the 4th mini screwed it all.

I finished the first 3 minis in 20 minutes, but the 4th mini, yeah, I tried to pass it for about 2 hours. 2 HOURS.

I tried everything to pass it, and while I was doing that, I discovered several exploits, but none of them worked.
Then after about 1 hour of trying to pass that mini, you came, and I think you were trying to show me how to pass the mini, and about 15 seconds of trying to do that you quitted.

And I tried to pass the mini doing exactly what you were doing, lots and lots and lots and lots of times. I couldn't pass the mini. Master1 and DCLevels quitted too, Master1 shortly after I reached that mini, and DCLevels 20 minutes after you came.
A lot of people also quitted before reaching that mini, like Polis, Benje00, and lots of people I can't remember their names.

I think that the mini is unsolvable, or is beatable but requires a level of precision so high that nobody is going to waste their time trying to solve it.

Anyway, a picture with things you can do to fix this mini (if it's unsolvable)

santasecretfactorymini4.png

While writting this post I saw this:

omgaguest.png

A guest in the 4th mini?

After taking a screenshot and uploading it to Imageshack I checked the level again, but he ragequitted.
NOTE: THE GUEST ISN'T ME.

Just a warning to everybody planning to play this level: you'll ragequit in the 4th mini. If not, you will in the 3rd, 2nd or 1st mini.

After finishing this post and seeing some topics here in the forum (I forgot to submit the post), I checked the level again and I saw Ant123 in the 3rd mini. I was about to take a screenshot when he ragequitted too. Oh well, this post is taking too long. I'm going to submit it before someone enters the level. Let me check again. ILOVEDADDY entered the level. *writting this* *checking again* Wait, he quitted.

*submitting*

#4 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

Made 4th easier

#5 Before February 2015

P788

Good, you fixed the exploits and you made the 4th mini possible. The place where you needed to go first wasn't possible to reach.

I can't go to the computer anymore until tomorrow. Can you please put me in the 6th mini tomorrow? It's because I spent 5 hours trying to complete the level (20 minutes in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd minis, 2 hours in the 4th mini, 1 hour and 20 minutes doing another things (like eating dinner), and 1 hour in the 4th mini (now possible), 5th and 6th mini), and I don't want to repeat another 5 hours of playing the level. I wasted 5 hours playing that level, if I don't complete it they'll be wasted for nothing. I never left the level.

It took me some time to notice that in the 6th mini you were doing: Hold Right, Jump, Hold Up+Right, instead of Hold Up+Right, Jump.

santasecretfactorymini6.png

#1 is to be possible to do: Hold Up+Right, Jump. I think it's not necessary.
#2, in the other side, I think it is because everytime I did Hold Right, Jump, Hold Up+Right, I always hit that block, and if I manage to hit the portals, I teleport to the other side, but I get stuck in the portal   (I don't move, and I can't pass the >>>>>> arrows, being necessary to restart the mini).

Just a tip:
You should get some people to test your levels first before you publish them.

Last edited by P788 (Dec 15 2012 5:36:09 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

It is a really easy mini.   I'm a just sayin'.

#7 Before February 2015

Transcend

Whoa, I'm winners high. I like adrenaline //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Real good training for pro players, lots of tiny timed corrections to make and planning ahead.
Made about 10 screens, might put the links to them in here later on with comments and a few critics.
Time to completion was 65 minutes. I think I did pretty well.

Pro rating: 5/5

fuEax.jpg
(Imma double crowned king https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL )

#8 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

Cool World!   https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

screenshot00038i.png

#9 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

I seriously hated the first mini, due to the portal crap.
Was actually looking forward to play this map, for a challenge, however, the first mini...

#10 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

1st mini much easier, not luck based

#11 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Mini 2 was a nice mini.
However, mini 3 is not good man, ever since the portal update, they are terrible at carrying speed, and so damn annoying.
And to be honest, I haven't the patience to do minis like that.

However, I suspect the rest of the map (after mini 4) would be better.

A little tip:

If you want to create an enjoyable map, which is still hard, try to use less precision, as most people dislike that.
Although I am quite hypocritical, i tend to give some margin for error.

I also thought i saw a mini very similar to #2 somewhere else a while, however I don't know where.

#12 Before February 2015

P788

Got lag-kicked of the level on mini #5 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#13 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

It isn't a lot of precision.   Just go back and forth a few times, jump, hold right, and jump.

Legoking20001423804053157379

Board footer