Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Cool12309

The Future of EE

Let's start with the past.

It was nice, and simple. No energy shop, or woots, or magic class, or builders club or even beta. Just a nice, simple game where you could build things just to pass the time.

Updates started rolling in as Chris got back into the game. The player base was thriving. Over 1,000 users online at a time was common almost all the time.

Then the energy shop came in. At first, it was fine. You just got energy, and got some new blocks. Cool, right? Well, the game needed money, because the only money he was getting was through ads. So, he added beta. He was really working hard, and then, chat came in. It only cost 1 cent (later upped to 3 dollars after PayPal deemed it was too suspicious having all those 1 cent transactions). EE was really thriving. He surprised everyone with a physics rework, backgrounds, and one-way platforms.

But I started to notice something. It was hard to tell at first, but slowly I noticed that Chris was becoming detached. He hired MrShoe, and slowly but surely I noticed that Chris was posting less and less. He added a postman smiley, and MrShoe posted more and more. I noticed less content updates, and more just filler updates with pretty pointless graphical blocks updates. MrVoid was hired.

Then BC was added. This is when I saw crystal clear that the game was doomed. You payed money to get unlimited blocks, and got a special BC door/gate. You also had a "cool" BC icon in the user menu. But then, just a couple days ago, MrShoe made some updates. They got unlimited access to a new block, signs, that let them put (moderated) text in, max 140 characters, with a new command to report abuse. They also no longer decayed magic, and could add 20 more friends. He also put up many sales on the BC, and removed Beta (a bit before this update, however), so that you had to pay for a limited-subscription instead of a permanent one. This just proves that they are trying to grab as much money as they can before the game dies.

So what does this mean for the future of EE? (Please note this is all just speculation, obviously I can't read the future) They'll add in more things to BC, trying to grub in more money. Eventually, BC will have access to smileys/potions as if they were class 12. They will have BC-only worlds, and eventually a BC-only game. The f2p game will die, as they would stop updating it, so that they had to pay for BC to get updates. But then, the number of people playing will decline, until eventually they can't make enough to make a living off it. They quit their jobs, and the people who are paying die off. The domain shuts down, and all the other sites (Kong, facebook, armorgames, heck even nonoba if it's still on there) shut off any ways to pay gems for it, since it'll be useless. The game fades away, never to be seen again.

How long would it take?

At this rate,

Within the year.

(Just a side-note, the history may not be in order 100%, but the notion still stands.)

Last edited by Cool12309 (Apr 12 2013 9:38:04 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: The Future of EE

The game will start getting less and less features, but Chris finally realizes what's going on. He will get someone more professional who listens to the community, and try to revive the game. Eventually, the game will get better soon, will have a new version of RPGMaster2000/Toby.

Later, the game will get great and eventually get copyright. The game will go viral, and tons of features will be here, lots of them from the community. It will eventually grab the old veterans' attention and try the game again, liking it.

THE END.

#3 Before February 2015

Xfrogman43

I agree with you because this is fairly accurate. Especially before you decided to "tell the future."

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#4 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

I completely agree, well thought out man.

#5 Before February 2015

bliske

your wrong, there was always a energy shop.

#6 Before February 2015

bliske

although i hate double posting, (too much effort to really edit the post)

But anyhow the problem i see with the way EE is shaping is "MrShoe" is editing the game (how he would picture it) not how the community would want it to be, look i don't play much like i use to because the fact is i'm pretty much a lot older then most, (but it was something i enjoyed on the side from my main games that i play) the challenges.

There is a lot that i would prefer reversed, this magic class thing is really a joke, and same with the builders pack, the game is shifting but most games do.

#7 Before February 2015

Ben

I agree with everything you wrote.
It will happen within a year or two.

#8 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

Firstly BC released before Mrvoid joined, so I would change your OP.

Anywho to be honest I don't like these types of topics, topics like 'EE is doomed' and 'How long does EE have left' which are stupid remarks which shouldn't be answered. The game at the moment is fine with a few things that could get changed, but nothing severely bad. This game isn't going downhill, its not a pay to play, BC is just a way to enhance the playing experience. MrShoe and Mrvoid work fine, producing some good updates, Chris added all the basic foundation stuff to a game at the start then added more decent updates. But MrShoe and Mrvoid are producing some good updates the majority of the time. You forget that they are both professional developers with alot of experience with other games.

The game is still as it was 2 years ago, besides some new blocks, new smileys, new worlds, builders club, physic changing potions and some other features. The only things wrong with the game are these:

.Signs and friend limit should be released to public
.A new moderator, there's only 3 nowadays, and Chris is never online
.Moderator's active on the forum
.More engaging with the community and creating contests and asking the community for future ideas

And thats all. If these points are sorted out, then you will have nothing to complain about. But then you will still complain about future updates. 6ye1Z.png

/Alex

Last edited by Alexthementalone (Apr 13 2013 3:23:39 am)

#9 Before February 2015

ktostam450

MrShoe is making BC updates to let people buy it. Then, with this cash they will hire new Mr and they will make moar BC updates, like BC-worlds, BC have up to 25 magic class and BC smileys and blocks only (we have one BC-only block already). The game will be 50% p2p, will be flooded by kids and noobs, all veterans will quit. Thats all.

#10 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

ktostam450 wrote:

MrShoe is making BC updates to let people buy it. Then, with this cash they will hire new Mr and they will make moar BC updates, like BC-worlds, BC have up to 25 magic class and BC smileys and blocks only (we have one BC-only block already). The game will be 50% p2p, will be flooded by kids and noobs, all veterans will quit. Thats all.

if all of the veterans leave, then theres no way ee can survive. weve already lost almost all of them. xpo20, lilsneppe, musuki, tokebot, all veterans that made great levels are no longer in the game. im one of the few surviving vets, but i dont even play the game anymore. veteran players are what keep the game alive, because there the ones making all the good levels. you dont need potions or hazards to make a good level. just play looks can decive by edj and you can see what i mean.

#11 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

Postman was added before MrShoe, pls fix

#12 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I have trouble agreeing with the fact that MrShoe is not adding anything the community wants.
As soon as I hear about an idea or get one, he adds it to the game. He is also adding many features that people have always wanted.

Zombies
Way for new members to easily get the absurd number of items
Water
Invisible Portals
Signs
Friends (not sure when this was)
More friends
Way to block out zombies more easily
Report command
Level rating system
Lobby sorting system
Coin Gates

There are also many items or features he has added that are some of my favorite parts of the game.

New years 2013
Diver
Astronaut
Soldier
Monster
Jungle Ruins
Jungle
Christmas 2012
Water Package
Swamp
Cake
Hazards
Checkpoint
Flying potion
Some potions in general

#13 Before February 2015

Krock

I thought I could make an alternative to EE for players, which don't like the new UI and/or updates.
But right now is Blocking Blocks down and therefore no alternative to EE...

Anyways this will happen:
- new mod: mrsocks
- potion to add special fearures to smileys (glow, transparencity...)
- veterans will be gone 4evar
- to 80% full of noobs
- 19% are guests, which appeared through guestbombs
- 1% players which know how to make good levels
- 9 of 10 people troll when they have code (right now is it by 2 every 10 people)
- MrShoe/MrShoe makes over 9000(!)$/month from EE
- P2P system, every block costs 20 cent

#14 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

I don't think EE will die, the community may possibly. Excluding the BC members, I'll be on until January 2014.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#15 Before February 2015

Redhat

fallacy of snowball.

LEVfOrl.png

#16 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

RedHat wrote:

fallacy of snowball.

On a hill with a portal at the top and bottom.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#17 Before February 2015

SmittyW

It seems that everyone has something to complain about, but I find that EE has significantly improved after the arrival of Mr.Shoe. Though I do strongly disapprove of BC, I do enjoy the new features he works to implement, with signs being my favorite. <3

I see a bright future for EE.

#18 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Am I the only one who predicts a good future?

#19 Before February 2015

krubby

Bliske wrote:

No, there wasn't always a shop. It was added in Dec 2010 I believe.

#20 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Number(1)KirbyFan10 wrote:

Am I the only one who predicts a good future?

I see the sun rising over the horizon mushroom cloud of EE, while the members and I huddle in behind our builder's doors...

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#21 Before February 2015

lrussell
Website

Bliske wrote:

Nope, it was added in late 2010, shortly before I started.

#22 Before February 2015

some woman

MrShoe and Void will start to improve/balance out features, and listen to the community more. Everyone will start slowly coming back. Chris will (hopefully) re-support beta, and make more contests to compete in. There will be more action blocks, and everything that costs 1000 energy will only cost 600. An in-game Potion GUI would be used to disable/enable certain potions for the many people that forget /potionsoff #. Brushfire's graphics will be implemented. I think you know what I mean.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#23 Before February 2015

Supershadow30

Personally, I think that E.E. will become better. Perhaps it will be fill of noobs/children, perhaps it will lose veterans, perhaps 9/10 users will troll with the code, but E.E. is still a game based on edit possibility. I you look good, no one, NO ONE, were able to communicate (except certain editors)... Then, the chat was added, and people can start to COMMUNICATE for a little price! But they still a problem: when you are friend with someone, it's a little difficult to find where he/she is (and when...)... So, they add friend system! Re-problem: Other people still CAN'T communicate... Therefor, they added two non-chat rights: first, they can speak with their friends, second, they can speak with moderators... Still a problem!! Non-chat and guests still can't communicate... So, they add signs!! With them, everybody can have a little information... Without the chat and friendship system, perhaps crews and real friends would never exist...

#24 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

After MrShoe, EE got worse, and it will continue to get worse.

fgRzols.png

#25 Before February 2015

MrShoe will add updates...
more updates...
and more updates...
forever...
and ever...
and ever...
then MrShoe hires a new person then MrShoe retires...
new mod adds more updates...
more updates...
more updates...
and more updates...
forever...
and ever...
and ever...
then that person hires a new person then retires... and so forth...

Last edited by 272 (Apr 22 2013 7:29:36 pm)

Cool12309 142392867632756

Board footer