Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Thanel

PaintMEE

OaxsErq.png

Level | Teams | Highscores | Trello board

Description

PaintMEE is a bot asisted level in which you have to paint game area with color of your team. When the game starts, you are teleported inisde of the level and by simply moving around it you're able to paint background with color corresponding to your team. From time to time inside of level appears coin, which when collected executes random powerup that can help your team to win the game.

Credits

Thanks to terrorcokkie, lictor666, stagecrew, mylo, dclevels and everyone else who came to the world and helped me to test the bot while I was working on it. I wouldn't manage to finish it without you.

Map submission

Name: (Name of your map - What you want the PaintMEE to display when selecting your level)
Creators: (People who made the map)
Level link: (Link to the level)

Guidelines for the submissions:
     1. All map submissions must be made in a medium (50x50) world.
           * This is to make it easy for my bot to save the maps.

2. There can't be any gravity/empty blocks separated from rest.
           * Note that I might accepts levels where these areas are separate and have exact count of the gravity blocks, but chances for that are small.

3. You can't use any action blocks that are limited (signs, portals, coin gates).
           * Spawn points are allowed.

4. PainMEE levels should also have many shortcuts, no minigames and be fun to play.

Ideas submission

If you have any great ideas for PaintMEE you can share them here. You should give them a good description to make it easy for me to implement.

Please note that I can reject or edit any of the provided submissions.

Last edited by Thanel (Oct 10 2014 9:42:54 am)

Wooted by:

#2 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Re: PaintMEE

Brilliant bot, annoying that only the last 10 seconds matter though.

Will there be more levels in the future?
Edit: I hadn't played since you made more than 1 level

Last edited by Metatron (Sep 26 2014 11:11:29 am)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#3 Before February 2015

Thanel

Squad wrote:

Will there be more levels in the future?

Of course. I plan on getting submissions from players, but want to take some break first //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 Before February 2015

xKiran

Maybe post all the levels there to make it clear?

#5 Before February 2015

some woman

I have some suggestions for this bot:

Coin Effects
Platform: Some blue sci-fi one-way platforms appear near the user who picked up the coin. The length varies.
Smaller Paint: Basically the opposite of Bigger Paint.
Higher Jump: Places two up arrows wherever the user jumps.
Paint Shuffle: (rare) Replaces the most common paint on the board with the most uncommon paint on the board, the second most common paint on the board with the second most uncommon paint on the board, etc. etc.
Coin Blurb: (very rare) Instead of rewarding the user with a powerup, it says a silly line such as "Money count increased by one coin!" or "You turn around the coin and find the word 'gullible' written on it!" and doesn't have any effect.

Items
Blue Coins: They're like yellow coins, but only the negative effects happen, and they happen on the user that picked it up!

Game Modes
Scrubber: It's the exact opposite of the normal mode! There is paint (pastel) that is pre-placed in the level that the players have to scrub off. Scrubbing off red paint is worth one point, yellow paint is two and is slightly rarer than red paint, green paint is three points, and is rarer than yellow paint, and only two blocks of cyan paint appear each round, and are worth ten points! After the paint is scrubbed off, the blocks are replaced by the dark bg blocks of the scrubber's team. After 90% of the paint runs out, the whole playing area is re-painted.

Last edited by some man (Sep 29 2014 7:34:41 am)

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#6 Before February 2015

Anch

Cool bot.

#7 Before February 2015

Froz

Love this level.

And squad, the whole game matters if you play it right, not just the last ten seconds.

#8 Before February 2015

Shadow

paintilliant bot   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

@edit : off topic .. this is my 444th post >:D

Last edited by villager (Sep 28 2014 12:37:31 am)

#9 Before February 2015

Thanel

Changes to PaintMEE:
* Improved teams balancing.
* Better maps saving system to easily get people's suggestions
* Bug fixes

I'm now accepting various submissions, which you can share in this topic.
Some man:

Smaller Paint: Great idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
Blue Coins: This will be added, but not in a way that you described. I still have to think about them.
Paint Shuffle: That's some advanced one. I like the idea, but this is not really a reward for the player that collects the powerup. Might be good for blue coins.

Platform: This sounds like interesting idea. I'll have to test it to see how it works in game.
Higher Jump: Similar to the platform. I'll test it.

Coin Blurb: That's not really useful. I don't like it. Something that has no effect is not what I wan't.
Scrubber: That's interesting concept but I don't think it will fit the PaintMEE idea. Not gonna add it now.

Thanks for these ideas. I'll add/test them when I get some free time.

Last edited by Thanel (Oct 1 2014 6:18:06 am)

#10 Before February 2015

Creature

My suggestions:
General:
-Least players, less teams = Instead making bot balance teams and make lot of loners, bot could reduce the quantity of teams, making those teams get at least 3 members.
-Auto-afk afkers = If the player doesn't move the whole round, he get auto-afked, to prevent teams of getting full of afkers.
-Add signs to say which smiley you should use to be in determinated color.
-Top 5 shown in the world.

Powerups:
-Team trap = Trap all teams of determinated color.
-Elimination = Eliminate someone from the round.
-Color changer = Change a color to the color the collecter is.

Changes:
Not really important, but it would make the world a little better.
-Change darkblue to [color=Navy Blue]Navy.[/color]
-Change lightblue to Cyan.
-Change timer to show the number of seconds left.

This is a false statement.

#11 Before February 2015

Thanel

Thanks for your suggestions Creature. There is my response:

1. Recent balance change instead of randomly giving teams now moves players from unbalanced team to teams with less members.
2. There is already auto-afk which works after 1min of inactivity. You probably didn't notice it but most of the time when new game starts there are no players inside of game area that don't move. Bot also takes afk into account when checking if teams are balanced.
3. Website is designed to show which smileys belong to which teams. There were before signs inside of world telling which smileys should go to which teams, but it didn't work very well in my opinion.
4. Showing top teams or players in world is also replaced by the website. I plan only to add sings telling winners of last round, so non-chat can see who won.

Team trap: This is nice idea. I'll add that
Elimination: I also thought about this before but it seems to be too hardcore. I guess I could make it work with blue coins.
Color changer: Not sure what do you mean with this.

I don't feel like changing names of colors. They sound nice for me and that's what is used in my code.
Blocks from timer are destroyed every half a second. If you really want number of seconds left just count all the blocks and divide that by 2. You actually don't need to see the exact time when you can determine it from current timer. Also it would slow down the bot if it had to show the time.

EDIT:
At second thought I could add exact time to the end of round by updating sign every second. This would work for people that are waiting for next round. Do you want it to be implemented?

Last edited by Thanel (Oct 1 2014 10:23:27 am)

#12 Before February 2015

Creature

Thanel wrote:

Color changer: Not sure what do you mean with this.

Likely, the player who got that powerup is from purple team, if grey will be affected, whoever grey background will change to purple, it's same as clearing grey and changing it to purple.

Also, now that free chat is gone, you will just watch your bot slowly dies in agony.

Last edited by Creature (Oct 1 2014 1:24:58 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

some woman

Creature wrote:

Also, now that free chat is gone, you will just watch your bot slowly dies in agony.

Why are people reacting so harshly to having to spend 3 dollars just to be able to chat? 3 dollars =/= lifetime savings.

#14 Before February 2015

Creature

some man wrote:
Creature wrote:

Why are people reacting so harshly to having to spend 3 dollars just to be able to chat? 3 dollars =/= lifetime savings.

Do you know how much cost sending an card with 3 dollars to another country?

#15 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

uh creature
you aren't sending a card
you do know that right?

#16 Before February 2015

some woman

Fdoou wrote:

uh creature
you do know that right?

Don't tell him... I want to see Julian's reaction when he receives an envelope full of money in the mail.

#17 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

some man wrote:
Fdoou wrote:

uh creature
you do know that right?

Don't tell him... I want to see Julian's reaction when he receives an envelope full of money in the mail.

Well you're not going to see his reaction anyway.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#18 Before February 2015

Ziggurat

You still accepting these? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Name: PaintMEE Submission
Creator(s): Just me, Ziggurat
Link: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWSgT3yo_cbkI

#19 Before February 2015

Thanel

Creature wrote:

Likely, the player who got that powerup is from purple team, if grey will be affected, whoever grey background will change to purple, it's same as clearing grey and changing it to purple.

Thanks for explaination. Now I can see that's really good idea. Added to my to-do.

Ziggurat wrote:

Thanks for your map. I tested it and it plays nicely, but you should give it some good descriptive name instead of 'PaintMEE Submission' (Something space themed would be great). If you change the name to better one, I'll add it to PaintMEE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#20 Before February 2015

Ziggurat

Oh, lol, didn't realize I had ta' be creative there~

Name: Paint Me a Planet

How's that? xD

#21 Before February 2015

Heyimcool16
Website

Thanel wrote:
Ziggurat wrote:

Thanks for your map. I tested it and it plays nicely, but you should give it some good descriptive name instead of 'PaintMEE Submission' (Something space themed would be great). If you change the name to better one, I'll add it to PaintMEE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

wouldnt call it great

Last edited by heyimcool16 (Oct 2 2014 7:06:08 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

minecraftph1537

I am looking forward to also submit a map , but while I'm still preparing it , here are my ideas for the game .

Power-Ups

Confusion : It makes the player paint multiple colors of other teams
Paralyze : Makes the player stop moving for some seconds
Team Paralyze : Well the whole team Paralyzes
Team Confusion : Well , makes the team paint multiple colors of other teams ( This is extreme hahah ! )

Game Modes

Grayscale : Players battle only for black and white , well , the points must go to team black or team white , Also   make Team black and team white a base , but only for Grayscale Gamemodes . Players are selected randomly for black and for white , or maybe specific smilies can go to black or white.
Dynamic : Two teams will join forces and they will paint two colors at the same time , for example , red and lightblue teamed up , Players from that team will paint red and lightblue randomly, If they won , the wins will go to red and lightblue at the same time , Well , teams can be red and orange, gray and yellow, lightblue and yellow, Just a simple dynamic gamemode

Well I can't afford chat , that's why I'm just trying to be part of an awesome game , that's the only way I know I can enjoy EE . Thank you !

Last edited by minecraftph1537 (Oct 4 2014 7:52:36 pm)

#23 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

minecraftph1537 wrote:

Currently, there is no way to make a player stop moving without making blocks or doing something werid. How would that work? Would it place secret blocks around the player? Good idea, but I am not sure how it would work.

#24 Before February 2015

some woman

N1KF wrote:
minecraftph1537 wrote:

Currently, there is no way to make a player stop moving without making blocks or doing something werid. How would that work? Would it place secret blocks around the player? Good idea, but I am not sure how it would work.

I once saw a world with a bot, and if you typed !freeze, whenever you tried to move outside of the block you were in you would be teleported back in (probably with /teleport).

Although I think the Trap "Power-up" is basically the same as paralyze. Trapping a whole team would be cool, though.

Last edited by some man (Oct 4 2014 9:47:56 pm)

#25 Before February 2015

minecraftph1537

some man wrote:
N1KF wrote:
minecraftph1537 wrote:

I once saw a world with a bot, and if you typed !freeze, whenever you tried to move outside of the block you were in you would be teleported back in (probably with /teleport).

Although I think the Trap "Power-up" is basically the same as paralyze. Trapping a whole team would be cool, though.

Yea, probably , it is same as the trap power-up . But maybe , the only difference is that , The player cannot move anywhere , Unlike the trap , the player can still move on his box .

Thanel1423815824145608

Board footer