Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

Re: Benje & Benje (EE Law Firm)

BlazingZelda wrote:

My persona online is NOT like my persona in real life.

It's become sort of a part of me, who I am.

yet your experiences in game slightly effect your out of game view on things. and your experiences IRL effect your behavior in game.

I understand why you enjoy trolling. I even do it, and I enjoy it. but guess what? I don't troll other people's worlds unless they give me permission. and the rest of the time I troll in my own worlds. I'm even making a level that looks like trolled stairs. Which completely goes along with the whole theme of trolling nooby worlds. yeah it's fun. I sometimes beg for code and then say something like "YAY! TROLL TIME!" but I don't truly troll because of the other people. because it distresses them. because it ruins what they made. because it wastes their time. maybe It's a little kid on the other side who's really sad because you just made the last half hour of their time go to waste. Sure it's fun, but it's selfish fun. which takes all the fun out of it for me.

Not only that. You can also "troll" just for artistic reasons, like an abstract piece of art, trying not to disturb others. Also, the troll box concept exists for a reason.

#77 Before February 2015

skullz17

theHFnetwork wrote:

You can also "troll" just for artistic reasons, like an abstract piece of art, trying not to disturb others. Also, the troll box concept exists for a reason.

But trolling is not just scribbling. You're missing the point in trolling. How can you troll with a troll box and have fun? It doesn't make sense. Trolling is not fun unless it makes someone annoyed.

However, I have to say that I don't see why people troll worlds that have just been cleared. It's way more fun to troll once the world is full of art. Although I don't like destroying good art. Maybe I'll destroy some effortless stairs that probably took 5 minutes to make, or some smiley art that was copied off EE graphics.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#78 Before February 2015

Calicara

theHFnetwork wrote:

Not only that. You can also "troll" just for artistic reasons, like an abstract piece of art, trying not to disturb others. Also, the troll box concept exists for a reason.

Oh gosh how did I miss this... I don't even...

Do you even understand the concept of the word troll?

Urban Dictionary wrote:

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

And in the case of EE trolling refers to the placement of blocks in a manner which bothers or disturbs the owner of a world. If you are no intentionally trying to **** someone off it's not trolling -,-

The purpose of troll is supposed to be to destroy. Troll boxes are nothing but stupid ruses used by noob level owners who don't understand the point of a troll. Personally if I go in a 'to code' level and see a troll box, I troll in the box and then around the box and then eventually the entire level.

Last edited by Calicara (May 5 2013 9:08:20 am)

#79 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

Allow me to rephrase this post to get the point across... I think I wasn't clear enough with it...

BlazingZelda wrote:

My persona online is NOT like my persona in real life.

It's become sort of a part of me, who I am.

yet your experiences in game slightly effect your out of game view on things. and your experiences IRL effect your behavior in game.

I understand why you enjoy trolling. I even do it, and I enjoy it. but guess what? I don't troll other people's worlds unless they give me permission. and the rest of the time I troll in my own worlds. I'm even making a level that looks like trolled stairs. Which completely goes along with the whole theme of trolling nooby worlds. yeah it's fun. I sometimes beg for code and then say something like "YAY! TROLL TIME!" but I don't truly troll because of the other people. because it distresses them. because it ruins what they made. because it wastes their time. maybe It's a little kid on the other side who's really sad because you just made the last half hour of their time go to waste. Sure it's fun, but it's selfish fun. which takes all the fun out of it for me.

Who you are in a game reflects who you are in real life. I'm not saying that playing as a villain is going to make you evil. I'm saying that your attitude and behavior in game shows your real behavior.

I do not understand why you enjoy trolling if it's to mess up the world. I do understand trolling if it's to have fun making lines in a blank canvas. I do not truly troll, I fake troll. I'm making a level that looks like trolled stairs for enjoyment. I don't understand the point of true trolling, and don't think I will. That is why I sometimes joke about trolling, because it seems so unreasonable.   Again, I do not truly troll. I do not troll because true trolls are jerks and bullies who don't care about other's feelings. Maybe you enjoy trolling, but that doesn't change what it is. If you deny the truth and refuse to listen to reason, then it is a waste to talk to you on this subject.

Edit: Failgirl, from what I see you posting on other parts of the forum and in your sig, I can tell you do not understand our points at all. we are not insulting you for the sake of insulting you, we are stating our view on trolling and trying to explain that   destruction, that is not desired by the owner of the property, is wrong. That's why arson is illegal. Trolling is almost like a mini version of arson. "oooh... the flames look pretty..."
Also, we are not saying you should encourage nooby levels. we are simply saying that you should encourage new players and help them improve at EE, and that destroying a new players level isn't going to get them better at the game at all. I strongly dislike stairs, but I don't play them just to get the code and destroy them. I simply don't play them and encourage people not to make them, unless they enjoy it.

Last edited by BlazingZelda (May 5 2013 12:35:39 pm)

#80 Before February 2015

Calicara

Well maybe you are trying to explain your views on trolls, but others who have posted to nothing but criticize me. Who I am in game does not reflect who I am in real life.

There is no such thing as fake troll, it's either art or troll but not both. If the trolling is part of the art than it's art.

Also I understand everyone reasoning why I shouldn't troll, but honestly I really don't care. I don't see what the big deal is. Your making mountains out of molehills. So what, I go around and troll a few levels, it's really not a big deal. EE is just a game.

And even if I cannot describe why I do it, I still do it. I could tell it's because it's what I like to do, but you wouldn't understand why I like it. I could say it's fun, but you wouldn't understand why it's fun. I am not trying to refute your argument, but rather say back off. We are not hurting you, or really anyone.

I do not swear, I do not hack, I do not use code cracker, I don't crash levels.

Compared to all the major things that I COULD do, trolling is nothing, trolling is like a childs game, anyone with a brain can do it.

You don't have to like me, or agree with me, whatever. It's everyones game, and trolling is how I have my fun. And isn't the purpose of the game to have fun?

#81 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

Would be nice if you all don't post all the tl:dr stuff here? Thanks.

#82 Before February 2015

Calicara

theHFnetwork wrote:

Would be nice if you all don't post all the tl:dr stuff here? Thanks.

This isn't even your thread ._.

#83 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

Failgirl101 wrote:

Well maybe you are trying to explain your views on trolls, but others who have posted to nothing but criticize me. Who I am in game does not reflect who I am in real life.

Then I'd like to meet you irl, to see how different you are...

There is no such thing as fake troll, it's either art or troll but not both. If the trolling is part of the art than it's art.

Ok, so I despise trolling but like art.

Also I understand everyone reasoning why I shouldn't troll, but honestly I really don't care. I don't see what the big deal is. Your making mountains out of molehills. So what, I go around and troll a few levels, it's really not a big deal. EE is just a game.

yes it's just a game. Also, what's wrong with doing bad things?

And even if I cannot describe why I do it, I still do it. I could tell it's because it's what I like to do, but you wouldn't understand why I like it. I could say it's fun, but you wouldn't understand why it's fun. I am not trying to refute your argument, but rather say back off. We are not hurting you, or really anyone.

so here you reveal that you don't care about others feelings... "in game" (cause in game is completely different,by your reasoning, from out of game)

I do not swear, I do not hack, I do not use code cracker, I don't crash levels.

ok... so let's imagine a world where murder is legal. (I know it's a bit extreme) is it still fine to murder someone? if I'm correct, I believe you would say it's not ok. (because it's like a worse form of suicide)now back in our world where murder is illegal, let's say someone murders someone and the reasoning they use is that it's not as bad as what they could have done. sure... they could have helped terrorists...set off a couple bombs... the list goes on... but that doesn't justify what they did.

Compared to all the major things that I COULD do, trolling is nothing, trolling is like a childs game, anyone with a brain can do it.

see above...

You don't have to like me, or agree with me, whatever. It's everyones game, and trolling is how I have my fun. And isn't the purpose of the game to have fun?

Is it truly "everyone's game"? I'm pretty sure it's Chris's game, And I'm pretty sure he discourages trolling. yes the game is to have fun. I'm just hoping that what you get enjoyment from changes.
Go have fun...

#84 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

"Is it truly "everyone's game"? I'm pretty sure it's Chris's game, And I'm pretty sure he discourages trolling, yes the game is to have fun."

My best guess is that Chris made this game for everyone to have fun. Specially in a good and fair way.

#85 Before February 2015

Calicara

I'm pretty sure chris is too busy sitting on his rear end thinking up new ways to scam kids, and doesn't give a care who trolls and who doesn't. I think you need to loosen up and change your perspective. I dare you to make an alt and troll some levels, then tell me it isn't fun and funny.

You need to stop being to uptight and learn to let loose once in a while, it's just a game.

#86 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

Failgirl101 wrote:

I'm pretty sure chris is too busy sitting on his rear end thinking up new ways to scam kids, and doesn't give a care who trolls and who doesn't. I think you need to loosen up and change your perspective. I dare you to make an alt and troll some levels, then tell me it isn't fun and funny.

You need to stop being to uptight and learn to let loose once in a while, it's just a game.

Scamming kids? as in wasting their time and money? sounds familiar...

I believe that it is possible that this isn't all just for money and that they are actually trying to improve the game.

You daring me to troll shows even more how much you don't understand. The reason I don't troll isn't because it would give me a bad reputation in game. The reason I don't troll is because it's destructive, and mean to the player who got trolled. It would also be against my conscious, and as such, be a sin against god.
The fact that I believe in god and you do not, shows even more that we are on different battlefields.

Is it truly "everyone's game"? I'm pretty sure it's Chris's game, And I'm pretty sure he discourages trolling, yes the game is to have fun.

My best guess is that Chris made this game for everyone to have fun. Specially in a good and fair way.

theHFnetwork, by what standards are you measuring "good and fair"? What determines right from wrong? Is it our mind? What our conscious thinks? What the majority of people say? What will get other people to like you? What do you think determines right from wrong?

#87 Before February 2015

Calicara

Blazingzelda my prior comment was directed toward theHFnetwork, but really? A sin against god? Now I'm not religious, but even if I were it seems kind of ridiculous that you would really take it so seriously. Trolling is not like murder, or rape, or cheating on a friend. I'd hardly call it a sin, much less evil.

So I displace a few blocks, big deal. I don't think I'm gonna go to hell (if I believed in it.) You guys just need to calm down ._.

#88 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

@BlazingZelda - Some of the things I think is right is helping other users (e.g. in the levels, helping noobs, etc), while some of the things I think is wrong is troll because is, as you said previously, destructive. This is from my point of view.

#89 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

Failgirl101 wrote:

Blazingzelda my prior comment was directed toward theHFnetwork, but really? A sin against god? Now I'm not religious, but even if I were it seems kind of ridiculous that you would really take it so seriously. Trolling is not like murder, or rape, or cheating on a friend. I'd hardly call it a sin, much less evil.

So I displace a few blocks, big deal. I don't think I'm gonna go to @#!*% (if I believed in it.) You guys just need to calm down ._.

I never said that trolling is a sin. I simply said that going against your conscious is a sin. Also, you seem to not understand that it's not what you do that determines whether you go to heaven or hell, but that's not the current discussion.

theHFnetwork wrote:

@BlazingZelda - Some of the things I think is right is helping other users (e.g. in the levels, helping noobs, etc), while some of the things I think is wrong is troll because is, as you said previously, destructive. This is from my point of view.

you didn't answer my question. I didn't ask what you call right and wrong, I asked what determines right from wrong.

#90 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

Determining right or wrong depends on each person. It could depend on moral values, either religious or not. But on a general point of view, determining right or wrong would depend on how does people seem to like an action. Maybe not.

#91 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

theHFnetwork wrote:

Determining right or wrong depends on each person. It could depend on moral values, either religious or not. But on a general point of view, determining right or wrong would depend on how does people seem to like an action. Maybe not.

ok... You still haven't explained what determines right from wrong for you.

#92 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

...as for me, what would be right for me would be a nice community, what would be wrong would be disruptive behaviours. Still not the answer you were looking for?

#93 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

theHFnetwork wrote:

...as for me, what would be right for me would be a nice community, what would be wrong would be disruptive behaviours. Still not the answer you were looking for?

Yeah... I was looking for more of a "I believe that what is right is what is _______ and that if something is _________ it is wrong."
You   sort of gave me a "Well ________ is right and _______ is right but _________ is wrong and ____________is wrong.
I wanted to know the cause... not the effect...

Benje00142392936932063

Board footer