Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Re: Benje & Benje (EE Law Firm)

She ignores all my points and just keeps saying "You don't understand such a simple concept."   I don't think she even reads what I write and is too stubborn to admit at things she's wrong at.   Such as wanting "newbies" to get "better" (note: better meaning only something she likes), yet wants totroll them and make them quit the game.

Well..

It looks like many people don't understand her "simple concept."   It's not simple.   It's just an illogical one.   Oh well, what can we do.   She's for progression yet condones trolling.   Some people's twisted logic.   That is, if you could even consider it as logic.

Last edited by AzurePudding (May 2 2013 3:33:23 pm)

#52 Before February 2015

Calicara

theHFnetwork, all you are doing is criticizing me, telling me I'm wrong, and basically saying I'm a horrible person. Then you expect me to change?

You are closing your mind to a single point of view, and no taking into consideration what I say. You are reading what I am saying, but not understanding it.

I have taken now two college art classes, and whether you want to open your mind or not is up to you, but there IS a difference between GOOD art and BAD art. I have already explained in prior posts my reasoning to this, and I don't understand what you don't understand.

You can LIKE smiley art, but smiley art will always be terrible art. It always has and always will be. Why? It's unoriginal, overused, and so very easy to copy or make with autobuilder. It's cliche, and annoying.

Now I'm not saying that because you like smiley art that that makes you wrong, because you can like smiley art, but from an artistic point of view, at least any 'real' artist, smiley art is bad. Conceptually, it's horrible.

That's about as blunt as I can get, and nothing you can say will ever really stop trolling. Your fighting an impossible battle.

#53 Before February 2015

Koto

How about everybody agrees to disagree about trolls.   Learn to not give trolls credit, or attention.   They will always find a way, whether it be by crashing worlds/other various bots that can never really be stopped.   You can fight against them, but that encourages trolls to continue, that's what they're fishing for, which is why this whole topic is ridiculous.

As I said before: EVERYBODY JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE.

#54 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Failgirl101 wrote:

theHFnetwork, all you are doing is criticizing me, telling me I'm wrong, and basically saying I'm a horrible person. Then you expect me to change?

You are closing your mind to a single point of view, and no taking into consideration what I say. You are reading what I am saying, but not understanding it.

I have taken now two college art classes, and whether you want to open your mind or not is up to you, but there IS a difference between GOOD art and BAD art. I have already explained in prior posts my reasoning to this, and I don't understand what you don't understand.

You can LIKE smiley art, but smiley art will always be terrible art. It always has and always will be. Why? It's unoriginal, overused, and so very easy to copy or make with autobuilder. It's cliche, and annoying.

Now I'm not saying that because you like smiley art that that makes you wrong, because you can like smiley art, but from an artistic point of view, at least any 'real' artist, smiley art is bad. Conceptually, it's horrible.

That's about as blunt as I can get, and nothing you can say will ever really stop trolling. Your fighting an impossible battle.

You really need to take your own advice.   You're being closed minded and only seeing this from your point of view.

Again, copied art doesn't make it terrible art.   That's like saying.. there's this one super fun game, and I have a copy of it.   One of the millions of sold copies of it.   because it is a copy, it somehow is a terrible game now.   That's the logic you are using with copied smiley art.   Saying it sucks because it's been copied.   It doesn't make any sense.

You don't need to go to college to have your own opinion.   People have different opinions than yours.   You say there is "good and bad art" but that alone is your opinion on what is good and what is bad art.   You keep trying to push your opinion as fact.   You may not like something, but that doesn't make it terrible.   You brought up the point with Bee's work.   Great.   So you also don't like smiley art.   It doesn't matter if it's original or not.   It doesn't magically become terrible by the single fact that it was copied.   I would respect your opinion more if you said something like, you don't like the style of smilies or something, but you're reasoning for labeling smiley art is terrible is because it's not original, which is a bull reason.   Not just that but you keep pushing it as a fact, and not just your opinion.

Please get over yourself!   Your opinion isn't fact.   If thousands of people like it, and you don't, it's just ridiculous to say you are the only one right.

#55 Before February 2015

Koto

Here is a simile, that explains what she means.   Smiley art is to well done art, as a Peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches are to a tender, slow roasted prime rib.   Sure, a lot of people like Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but if your trying trying to become a cook, making a simple PL&J sandwhich, is going to be considered a joke among others.

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (May 2 2013 4:00:59 pm)

#56 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Since I haven't seen any mods post here about this, don't use the forums to attack people. You will be warned.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#57 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

It is just common opinions. If the majority of people have all decided on one food being better than another, it is very difficult to say otherwise because no one wants to be labeled as something bad, and people want to fit in. But just because the norm is smiley art being bad does not mean it is. It is like abolitionists being considered bad, or murderers being considered bad. It is all opinionated. However I do not see smiley art harming anyone, and therefore it should not be looked down on.

Praise can keep people from working to improve, but it can just as easily influence them to improve. In most cases endless praise is detrimental. Criticism is important but with no will, people will likely give up on improvement. The best option is a mixture of both.
The worst option is simply making fun of something or insulting it as it is not constructive, and badly affects the person's self esteem and will to improve(in many cases) I consider trolling to be the same as insults when it is used to help people improve.

Last edited by GKAbyss (May 2 2013 4:23:51 pm)

#58 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Here is a simile, that explains what she means.   Smiley art is to well done art, as a Peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches are to a tender, slow roasted prime rib.   Sure, a lot of people like Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but if your trying trying to become a cook, making a simple PL&J sandwhich, is going to be considered a joke among others.

Thing is, a lot of people who make smiley art aren't really trying to become an amazing artist.   Though honestly, I would take a PB&J over the rib.

GKAbyss wrote:

It is just common opinions. If the majority of people have all decided on one food being better than another, it is very difficult to say otherwise because no one wants to be labeled as something bad, and people want to fit in. But just because the norm is smiley art being bad does not mean it is. It is like abolitionists being considered bad, or murderers being considered bad. It is all opinionated. However I do not see smiley art harming anyone, and therefore it should not be looked down on.

Praise can keep people from working to improve, but it can just as easily influence them to improve. In most cases endless praise is detrimental. Criticism is important but with no will, people will likely give up on improvement. The best option is a mixture of both.
The worst option is simply making fun of something or insulting it as it is not constructive, and badly affects the person's self esteem and will to improve(in many cases) I consider trolling to be the same as insults when it is used to help people improve.

This, so much this.   If you want to see better/new art, trolling is.. well, not going to make better art.   It's just going to tick off a lot of people and make you a bully.

#59 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

How about everybody agrees to disagree about trolls.   Learn to not give trolls credit, or attention.   They will always find a way, whether it be by crashing worlds/other various bots that can never really be stopped.   You can fight against them, but that encourages trolls to continue, that's what they're fishing for, which is why this whole topic is ridiculous.

As I said before: EVERYBODY JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE.

At least teach them and show them the good way.

#60 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

Failgirl101 wrote:

You know what I'm sick of you ostracizing trolls. Go ahead with your little prim and proper tea party of a protest, but you can't even really stop trolls/trolling.
If you guys think everything is wonderful and everything is great than you are only looking at it from one perspective. People don't get better at what they do when they are constantly being praised, people only get better at what they do when they are criticized. If that's too hard a concept for you to grasp, then I'm sorry.

Like I said before, if we are all special no one is special. That is why I condone trolling.

Yeah, some constructive critism is great! things won't really improve without it! but yelling at someone that everything they do is terrible and then leaving is just going to leave someone sad.

Aren't you the same failgirl that was arguing that it's wrong to throw your life away in the suicide topic?
Here's my question: Why is it ok to throw away other people's time, (by trolling) but it's not ok to throw away your own future time? (by committing suicide)

#61 Before February 2015

Calicara

This is not particularly the topic to discuss that, but I don't mind answering. I do agree it's wrong to commit suicide. That being said, suicide cannot be properly compared to trolling because there is a difference in the significance of the problem.

I troll because I want to troll. Why do I troll? Simply because I dislike overused art and sprites. Now this is simply an opinion based answer, and whether you agree is debatable.

Trolling is simply mindless harmless fun, where no one gets hurt, and no one really cares. Out of all the people I've trolled very rarely does it have a significant impact on their daily lives. We say we troll to 'show the nubs to stop' but no one ever really stops. People are generally to ignorant to understand, but I don't care.

When a person, however, waste their life with suicide this does have a very significant impact on the lives of others. Now putting morals aside, suicide is not only a waste of a life, but a waste of an opportunity. Birth is one of life's greatest miracles, no? And for someone to think that their life is worthless, without the consideration of how lucky they are to even exist, is kind of sad. Everyone is important and everyone is special in their own way.

However unlike Azure and HF fail to understand is the difference between liking something and being good at something. For example, I think gymnasts are really cool. I think it's fun to watch them stretch their body in unique ways, but I will never be a gymnast. I am simply too overweight and not flexible enough. If I were to try and be a gymnast because I liked gymnasts I would be wasting my time. I would spend too much time trying and not enough accomplishing.

These are reasons I dislike smiley art. Why waste your time on useless art?

But life, life isn't useless. Life has meaning life is special, it should not be wasted simply because you see no reason for yourself.

When people understand the difference between what is fun and what they are good at only then will they succeed. Such as with life, when you understand your importance of your life then there is no reason to want to die.

#62 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

Allow me to bold a few things...

Failgirl101 wrote:

This is not particularly the topic to discuss that, but I don't mind answering. I do agree it's wrong to commit suicide. That being said, suicide cannot be properly compared to trolling because there is a difference in the significance of the problem.

I troll because I want to troll. Why do I troll? Simply because I dislike overused art and sprites. Now this is simply an opinion based answer, and whether you agree is debatable.

Trolling is simply mindless harmless fun, where no one gets hurt, and no one really cares. Out of all the people I've trolled very rarely does it have a significant impact on their daily lives. We say we troll to 'show the nubs to stop' but no one ever really stops. People are generally to ignorant to understand, but I don't care.

When a person, however, waste their life with suicide this does have a very significant impact on the lives of others. Now putting morals aside, suicide is not only a waste of a life, but a waste of an opportunity. Birth is one of life's greatest miracles, no? And for someone to think that their life is worthless, without the consideration of how lucky they are to even exist, is kind of sad. Everyone is important and everyone is special in their own way.

However unlike Azure and HF fail to understand is the difference between liking something and being good at something. For example, I think gymnasts are really cool. I think it's fun to watch them stretch their body in unique ways, but I will never be a gymnast. I am simply too overweight and not flexible enough. If I were to try and be a gymnast because I liked gymnasts I would be wasting my time. I would spend too much time trying and not enough accomplishing.

These are reasons I dislike smiley art. Why waste your time on useless art?

But life, life isn't useless. Life has meaning life is special, it should not be wasted simply because you see no reason for yourself.

When people understand the difference between what is fun and what they are good at only then will they succeed. Such as with life, when you understand your importance of your life then there is no reason to want to die.

"Significance of the problem" implies ,if I'm correct, that there is a problem. Now what is strange is that you use this term when talking about how trolling isn't a problem...

"we troll to 'show the nubs to stop' but no one ever really stops." ok... so. this seems to depart from your old argument of trolling to "destroy the nub core of EE for once and for all" now, your argument seems to be that trolling isn't a problem and that it's fun. I'll admit, trolling my own world is fun. Also, when the world owner gives you permission, trolling with a group can be fun.

"but I don't care." Why are you even in this argument?

"I would spend too much time trying and not enough accomplishing." you seem to feel good when you accomplish things. actually, that seems to be one of your main goals in life. To accomplish great things. if I'm wrong (meaning it really isn't important to you) then correct me.

"These are reasons I dislike smiley art. Why waste your time on useless art?" I don't know why someone would waste their time on useless art. If your enjoying it though, it's not much of a waste.

"When people understand the difference between what is fun and what they are good at only then will they succeed. Such as with life, when you understand your importance of your life then there is no reason to want to die."

Again, one of your major goals in life seems to be to succeed. Not everyone holds accomplishing things in such a high place of importance as you do. To succeed is such a difficult thing to do...considering how messed up mankind is. Realizing your importance? To some people that means realizing that they're only one of billions of people.

Last edited by BlazingZelda (May 2 2013 6:38:35 pm)

#63 Before February 2015

Calicara

Well the first couple of posts on this topic were a joke, as this entire topic was supposed to be a joke until people started taking me seriously. I answered your question in a very blunt way because it was the easiest way to express without what I meant.

Of course I enjoy success, and accomplishments. Who doesn't enjoy accomplishing their goal? It's like a personal triumph. And these don't have to be big accomplishments, they can be as little as finishing a homework assignment on time. Trolling is on of my accomplishments because I think it's fun. I could try to explain, but it's pointless. No one would ever truly understand, as they say the only way to really understand someone is to 'take a step in their shoes.'

I do take into account all the wasted hours of time I have spent, and the growing animosity toward my online persona, but for a game like EE I do not crave to accomplish anything. As I say often my EE account is generally not a true reflection of me, except for certain times like now when we start to get more serious. (Like I seriously don't agree with suicide.)

And for your last point 'success' is relative. I am not saying all people will have success in their life, and if they do everyone's 'success' will be different than everyone else. But you cannot achieve success if you do not focus in on your goals. You cannot achieve success wasting time with pointless dramatizations and arguments.

Success may not always be something big, but it always is important. I quite enjoy a successful troll now and then-

Last edited by Calicara (May 2 2013 6:53:14 pm)

#64 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

...You know... war has it's successes... does that mean war is always worth it? Even though the generals enjoy their triumphs?

anyways... yeah... EE accounts don't always represent the person using them. I believe that in EE I come across as a young boy who enjoys being silly and doesn't like cussing. period. But in real life there's quite more to me that you wouldn't know unless it comes to an in depth discussion. That's surprisingly one of the outcomes of some debates. knowing the other person's views better and knowing more about them as a person and not just as a noob/decent/amazing EE player.

so...except for my question up there and unless Azure has something to say, I believe we've come to the conclusion of this argument...

Edit: One more post until 100 posts! it only took me about a month! Also, only one more rep up until I reach +15 rep!

Last edited by BlazingZelda (May 2 2013 7:50:27 pm)

#65 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

People make what they make on EE because they find it fun.   That's their accomplishment.   Doing something they find fun, and having fun with it.   It's okay for someone to have fun as long as no one is hurt from it, of course.

Failgirl says she likes to troll, so she trolls for fun.

Yeeeet she fails to see that it's wrong to attack people for doing what THEY find fun and trying to make them quit the game or ruin what they make.   She acts as if trolling is a harmless act, however not all the "newbies" know how to load a save.   She should be keeping her opinions to herself instead of hurting people's feelings of what they make.   That's why I call her a bully.   She's the bully at the beach who knocks down little kids' sand castles for "fun."   Which is a real life form of "trolling."   Maybe SHE finds it fun, but she doesn't see it through the perspective of whom she is attacking.

EDIT:

She wants people to make "better art" through trolling and insulting them.   That's not a way to motivate anyone.   That just makes them hate you.   Instead of saying "This sucks, you're wasting your time on here.   If you can't make a good level (meaning a level she likes..), you shouldn't be playing this game," you should say something more encouraging, such as "Why not try something new?" or "Maybe you should use a different kind of block," the latter being something I say when someone uses bright pastel for a sky.   It hurts my eyes.   I suggest they change it.   If they like it, and keep it, then I'm fine with that.   There is no reason for me to begin lashing out on them and try to persuade them into quitting the game because "they suck so much."   THIS kind of rotten attitude is what's poisoning the EE community.   And in a sandbox game like EE, where the members make the levels, if you don't have a good community, the game goes bad.   A good community means the game will continue to succeed.   All this negative attitude is completely inappropriate and unnecessary.   I mean come on, most of the members are 8 to 12 years old.   Ugh.

Last edited by AzurePudding (May 2 2013 8:07:16 pm)

#66 Before February 2015

Calicara

Azure may I simply point out, you are calling me a bully, but you do not seem so kind yourself. You try and disprove me, which is fine, I enjoy a good argument as much as the next person, but your not making an argument.

Any persuasive argument answers a question. The question in this case is whether we agree or disagree with trolling. In disproving the argument you should not aggressively attack your opponent, because it's not really me your against. Like on the surface it's me against you, but what your really against is my point of a view.

Now in your arguments, which I might say are quite repetitive, you don't have much evidence to back up your claims. You are basically following this format:

> Insult Failgirl101
> Disprove Failgirl101
> Insult Failgirl101
> Disprove Failgirl101

and so on-

You never really challenge me in any other way other than what you already have, so in basis your point is mute. You only keep posting because you enjoy to insult me. I know you don't like me, and I know you don't agree with me, but this is a civil forum so let's be civil people.

Go ahead and call me a:

AzurePudding wrote:

That's why I call her a bully.   She's the bully at the beach who knocks down little kids' sand castles for "fun."   Which is a real life form of "trolling."

but the fact is you don't know me. I don't know you. We don't really know each other. Now I say this for now, let's stop. Seriously everyone else has kinda backed off so let us follow suit. We will never agree, but that is no reason to ostracize me. Have I ever hurt you? No. End of story.

#67 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Maybe I don't know you, but pardon me for judging you based on your actions.
I do have claims.   I even try to reason with you with saying things like I know you do things you find fun because you want to have fun.   I then tell you to look it in another person's perspective, mostly the people you attack.   You argue trolling and insulting will "make people (some how) make levels you like," which is false, as I've said how quite a few times.   You want people to get better but what you do is just a disservice.

I seem to repeat myself because you never properly counter my points.   All you mostly say is:

> "I do what I do because it's fun"
> "You fail to realize what I am saying"
> Never really answers anything from AzurePudding, and seems to continue on as if never reading Azure's posts

I've tried and tried and tried to reason with you many times.   You should not take the term bully as an attack if you can call yourself a troll, because they can in a way be the same thing.   I compare you trolling levels as a beach bully wrecks sand castles.   This seems to be an accurate comparison.  

I realize you have good intentions.   You want people to make better levels.   However, what you're doing doesn't do that at all.   It just makes people upset.   If a beach bully knocked over my sand castle, a moment later I wouldn't think "Time to make a better one now!"   No.   I'd be upset you destroyed my sand castle and maybe leave the beach.   You wreck people's levels.   The levels are sand castles and you are the beach bully.   Trolling is wrecking the castle.   The beach is EE.   Do you not see this comparison.   A knocked over sand castle won't make someone want to make a better one.   Just as trolling a world isn't going to make people want to make a "better" level by your definition.

I then suggest better ways to encourage people to make better levels.   Instead of knocking over the sand castle, suggest some things to make it better.   This is a much more reasonable approach.   Doing this will make you helpful, instead of destruction.   You were the one wanting progression, yes?

Last edited by AzurePudding (May 2 2013 8:40:16 pm)

#68 Before February 2015

Calicara

Let me say this in simple terms:

EE is a GAME.

Games are meant for ENTERTAINMENT.

My persona online is NOT like my persona in real life.

You seem to think I'm some horrible awful evil person who enjoys watching the world burn. Well maybe in EE, but again EE is a GAME. Just a GAME.

You're taking this too seriously. ._.

AzurePudding maybe I'll enlighten you a bit. The first time I started EE I was noob. I made smiley art, I made sprite art, I did all that noob crap until I met FX crew. FX crew wasn't particularly the great crew in EE but they were nice enough.

A little while later I found the forums. I said wow how cool, I had no idea how people bonded over a game, and then I found TI:1. Now before the modern EE trolling was something to be taken more seriously. You see there was no /loadlevel and there was no /kick. This was pre-chat and pre-clear the world feature.

This might have been the most wonderful time in the history of trolling, and I do so wish we could return to those days, but as progression has it, it has become harder and harder to troll and get away with it.

Now back to TI:1 though. Those were the good old days, TheGreenTroll, TheRedTroll, Cyclops, Brawler700, Jak, Treejoe4, an later on Monstar, Stubby, Different55 and others-

Now you say 'trolls are horrible' people, but I think it is because you simply do not understand. The first time you troll you kinda feel bad about it. The second time not so much, and eventually the process becomes normal, and almost fun. I've done just about every bad thing you can do in this game, not going into specifics, and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

I even have my own troll theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU

We are not horrible people like you make us out to be, and though everyone has their own reason for trolling, if I had to give one I'd say this: It's addicting. It's very addicting. I did take this game more seriously when I was young, but I was also anti-social and alone. I no longer am as anti-social, but I am very solitary person. I just no longer feel the need to insult others to make myself feel better.

Now I do it purely because it's fun. It's funny. I laugh, I giggle. I love peoples absurd reactions to the simplest trolls. I enjoy the design it makes on the minimap, I have no reason other than that it's what I love to do. But I've also been doing it for three years. It's become sort of a part of me, who I am.

And I love arguing to, I love it oh so much. But you Azure, you are right. You would never truly understand. You don't know the thrill of the kill, the power of destruction (though simplistic as it may be.) So call me crazy, call me a bully, but I'll never change.

Now please, instead of repeating your same old song and dance let it go. Because you will not change me Azure, and frankly I'm wasting time even typing all this.

#69 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Failgirl101 wrote:

Let me say this in simple terms:

EE is a GAME.

Games are meant for ENTERTAINMENT.

You seem to think I'm some horrible awful evil person who enjoys watching the world burn. Well maybe in EE, but again EE is a GAME. Just a GAME.

You're taking this too seriously. ._.

AzurePudding maybe I'll enlighten you a bit. The first time I started EE I was noob. I made smiley art, I made sprite art, I did all that noob crap until I met FX crew. FX crew wasn't particularly the great crew in EE but they were nice enough.

A little while later I found the forums. I said wow how cool, I had no idea how people bonded over a game, and then I found TI:1. Now before the modern EE trolling was something to be taken more seriously. You see there was no /loadlevel and there was no /kick. This was pre-chat and pre-clear the world feature.

This might have been the most wonderful time in the history of trolling, and I do so wish we could return to those days, but as progression has it, it has become harder and harder to troll and get away with it.

Now back to TI:1 though. Those were the good old days, TheGreenTroll, TheRedTroll, Cyclops, Brawler700, Jak, Treejoe4, an later on Monstar, Stubby, Different55 and others-

Now you say 'trolls are horrible' people, but I think it is because you simply do not understand. The first time you troll you kinda feel bad about it. The second time not so much, and eventually the process becomes normal, and almost fun. I've done just about every bad thing you can do in this game, not going into specifics, and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

I even have my own troll theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU

We are not horrible people like you make us out to be, and though everyone has their own reason for trolling, if I had to give one I'd say this: It's addicting. It's very addicting. I did take this game more seriously when I was young, but I was also anti-social and alone. I no longer am as anti-social, but I am very solitary person. I just no longer feel the need to insult others to make myself feel better.

Now I do it purely because it's fun. It's funny. I laugh, I giggle. I love peoples absurd reactions to the simplest trolls. I enjoy the design it makes on the minimap, I have no reason other than that it's what I love to do. But I've also been doing it for three years. It's become sort of a part of me, who I am.

And I love arguing to, I love it oh so much. But you Azure, you are right. You would never truly understand. You don't know the thrill of the kill, the power of destruction (though simplistic as it may be.) So call me crazy, call me a bully, but I'll never change.

Now please, instead of repeating your same old song and dance let it go. Because you will not change me Azure, and frankly I'm wasting time even typing all this.

Great.   So EE is a game.   And it's meant for entertainment.   Glad we can agree on something.   However when you troll, you take away many other people's entertainment.   Greed.   Stop telling me your "EE self" is different than your real self, as if you have two versions of yourself.   That's just an excuse.   People do what they find fun offline and online.   You do not magically become a different person when online.   I will judge you based on your actions.   Stop using "But it's the internet me!" as some irrelevant excuse.

Not really sure why you are telling me your EE life story when that's hardly relative to the topic.

And wow, can't believe you want it easier to troll now.   Sure, what a great idea, EE sure would be better if all the levels were destroyed.   This is so totally logical!

And there you go, putting words in my mouth when you accused me of doing so (I never did, I even used a quote by you). I never said trolls were horrible people.   Stop putting words in my mouth.   Don't tell me things I've said that I.. actually haven't said.

Now let me return some of your logic to you.   "Themes are so overdone, and this music track wasn't made by you, therefore, the music sucks!"   Actually uh, why are we playing "pretend" with videogame music now?

The way you explain how you like trolling sounds almost like a description for a psychopath.   Kind of creepy.   Though I'm not gonna compare you to that.   I'm only comparing you to a beach bully.

And what a surprised!   A response from you that isn't even relative to the post I made prior.   Unlike you, I actually read your post and reply to your statements.   If you love arguing so much, why don't you actually try to counter my points, instead of just typing up your EE life story, because that had absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote.   I love arguing too, but I have to call you a disrespectful arguer for this.   To me, it comes off as "I can't make a proper reply to everything you said.. but I'll try to act like I am by typing up something completely unrelated, like a story of me 3 years ago!"

I'm not going to argue any further if you can't properly argue.   I love a good argument.   But you are right, it sure is a waste of time.   A waste of time for me to type up so many counters for you to just dismiss them and write something completely unrelated.   You say I am repeating myself, but I either have to do that and hope you will finally respond to my points, or just stop arguing alltogether.   The former doesn't look like it's going to happen, so that's why I just have to say I'm done with this one-sided argument.   If you could even call it an argument.

Last edited by AzurePudding (May 2 2013 9:14:49 pm)

#70 Before February 2015

Koto

AzurePudding wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Thing is, a lot of people who make smiley art aren't really trying to become an amazing artist.   Though honestly, I would take a PB&J over the rib.

I knew I should have gone with Anchovies on pizza //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#71 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

It's become sort of a part of me, who I am.

yet your experiences in game slightly effect your out of game view on things. and your experiences IRL effect your behavior in game.

I understand why you enjoy trolling. I even do it, and I enjoy it. but guess what? I don't troll other people's worlds unless they give me permission. and the rest of the time I troll in my own worlds. I'm even making a level that looks like trolled stairs. Which completely goes along with the whole theme of trolling nooby worlds. yeah it's fun. I sometimes beg for code and then say something like "YAY! TROLL TIME!" but I don't truly troll because of the other people. because it distresses them. because it ruins what they made. because it wastes their time. maybe It's a little kid on the other side who's really sad because you just made the last half hour of their time go to waste. Sure it's fun, but it's selfish fun. which takes all the fun out of it for me.

#72 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

BlazingZelda wrote:

It's become sort of a part of me, who I am.

yet your experiences in game slightly effect your out of game view on things. and your experiences IRL effect your behavior in game.

I understand why you enjoy trolling. I even do it, and I enjoy it. but guess what? I don't troll other people's worlds unless they give me permission. and the rest of the time I troll in my own worlds. I'm even making a level that looks like trolled stairs. Which completely goes along with the whole theme of trolling nooby worlds. yeah it's fun. I sometimes beg for code and then say something like "YAY! TROLL TIME!" but I don't truly troll because of the other people. because it distresses them. because it ruins what they made. because it wastes their time. maybe It's a little kid on the other side who's really sad because you just made the last half hour of their time go to waste. Sure it's fun, but it's selfish fun. which takes all the fun out of it for me.

This, I couldn't agree with you any more.   Also loved the contradictory quotes you snipped out.   Well done.

Last edited by AzurePudding (May 2 2013 9:40:21 pm)

#73 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

100 posts and 15 rep! YAY!
Little observation...
Posts made in this thread by Azure Blazing and girl.
Blazing (9)
girl (19)
Azure (14)
so.. I don't mean to brag... but... I think I got my point across in the least amount of posts...lol...

#74 Before February 2015

Calicara

Grr... you actually got me there. Well I suppose to say I am not fully like my online person, like I don't go around and ruin peoples fun out of jealousy, but I do think I am a very cynical person IRL, just not mean.

Last edited by Calicara (May 3 2013 5:39:51 am)

#75 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

Not really sure why you are telling me your EE life story when that's hardly relative to the topic.

The topic of this discussion is trolling. She explained why she trolls, and possibly, why some other people troll. Thus being informative. When you go into an intellectual debate with someone It generally helps to understand why the person disagrees with you, and knowing their background/raising can help you to understand what makes them tick. Which can be an advantage.

I believe you two misunderstood this post. The main point was not the two snipped out quotes and the logical inconsistency. The main point is the part I just quoted.

Last edited by BlazingZelda (May 3 2013 7:14:45 am)

Benje00142392936932063

Board footer