Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

katelyn

Team MINICUBE

Welcome to the Team MINICUBE Sub-Forum! I'll be posting here semi-regularly.

INTRO:
Hey there! I'm Katelyn, sole member of Team MINICUBE, so in one way MINICUBE is simply my alias. We are not currently accepting members, but we are still open to the odd collaboration with other people and teams/crews. Our rooms: MINICUBE NewYears 11, MINICUBE Is Born, MINICUBE Copy Sphere. Past, current and future projects: New Years 2011,

MINICUBE CODE OF CONDUCT:
Team Colours are Green then Yellow.
Team Logo is a sharp-looking pixel M, with an I joining from the top middle of the M, to the bottom of the M, creating a semi-Serif style part.
All rooms will start with the word 'MINICUBE' in capitals, and in collab rooms there can be a play on words e.g. MINIMX Crew if we did a collab with them for example.
We will create a variety of different rooms, including themed Bosses, simple Multitheme, unique and simple box Minigames, Races and even Art.
Three gold and three blue coins will be put in each room MINICUBE create, and in collab rooms I'd like there to be at least three of each.

I'll update this sub-forum/topic next competition or sometime else.

Last edited by katelyn (Dec 28 2010 7:32:12 am)

#2 Before February 2015

REPOBSESSED96

Re: Team MINICUBE

I was interested but I really think that a 200x200 room is needed for us to come near successful.
EDIT:I would love to create levels with you though. :3

Last edited by REPOBSESSED96 (Dec 26 2010 10:55:25 am)

#3 Before February 2015

katelyn

REPOBSESSED96 wrote:

I was interested but I really think that a 200x200 room is needed for us to come near successful.

I simply don't have the time to give fake information to spamming companies on SuperRewards to get gems, it would take ages to save up with coins, and there's no way I'm paying (and certainly not giving my details) for gems.
EDIT: You sound like an alright kinda person to work with. If you're interested, sign up! My MINICUBE 50x50 room is open so you can come and visit if you want. (Use the //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue and then //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile smileys to indicate it's you)

Last edited by katelyn (Dec 28 2010 7:12:59 am)

#4 Before February 2015

EDJ

If you want can you get a 200 room from me (public level, so beta and nonbeta)
You sound nice enough
Just Pm me

#5 Before February 2015

katelyn

I'm redesigning the 50x50 room as we speak. Here's the old one for the record.
oldroom.png

#6 Before February 2015

EDJ

Where do I "incorporate" your team?
I only wanted to be nice and give you a bigger level

#7 Before February 2015

katelyn

The general mood behind 'You sound nice enough' gives you the feel of being in charge of the production, so I guess that's where I got the feel of you incorporating the team instead of vice versa, which I'd rather not have.
If this has offended you, I apologise :/

#8 Before February 2015

EDJ

I didnt want to interfere with the map only to supply you one

#9 Before February 2015

katelyn

New map is up and available to play!
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWLwZ2ozxTa0I
newroom.png

#10 Before February 2015

Chico

I would love to join your team and build a great level! I actually share a beta with someone, the beta account name is 3hitsk0. I am good in making races, minis, and bossing. To be honest, I am not that good in making art. I hope to hear from you soon.

#11 Before February 2015

katelyn

Hi Chico, welcome to the EE forums! (I see this is your first post)
I'd love to see what you can do and how you do it, and I'd be interested in what kinda room you'd like or have to work with, as at the moment I've recently built a 50x50 I'm pretty happy with, but I have two spare 25x25s, although those are terrible to enter a competition with.
Please come to the MINICUBE New Years 11 room (search MINICUBE on non-beta EE site) to check it out and see me, use the //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue then //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile smiley to indicate it's you.
Post another reply to show me your rooms and what you can do, if you like!

#12 Before February 2015

MIHB

I'd highly recommend getting a tinychat, if you plan on working with several people for map-building.

#13 Before February 2015

katelyn

MIHB wrote:

I'd highly recommend getting a tinychat, if you plan on working with several people for map-building.

Thanks for the suggestion! (+1 Reputation for you!)
Personally, I'd rather not have a Tinychat as I simply don't like the UI or website itself, so I think I'll be sticking to the website and it's PM system for now.
Thanks again. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#14 Before February 2015

MIHB

katelyn wrote:
MIHB wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion! (+1 Reputation for you!)
Personally, I'd rather not have a Tinychat as I simply don't like the UI or website itself, so I think I'll be sticking to the website and it's PM system for now.
Thanks again. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

There are a few other chat programs, like xat.com.   Mainly I recommend using chat because if you decide to actively build a map with other people, pms on here will be slow in comparison.   But thats all up to you.

#15 Before February 2015

MaybeNot

Katelyn,

I'd like to join Team Minicube. I've already a idea in mind for the contest which was started in my beta only world. I know it's beta only, but I'm pretty sure one of the mods can change it to public.

Heres a list of what I'm great on:
Creativity/Imaginativity
Art
Semi/Original Minigames (DEFINETLY No box minigames)

I'll talk to you about my great idea when you accept me in, I don't it to be stolen. :/

#16 Before February 2015

katelyn

Hey MaybeNot!
I've seen you around the forums and tried to see your signature room 'This is what happens...' but it was blank at the time, and still is.
Thanks for your post, and this gives me some useful ideas about what you do, and I'd love to see how you could fit this into a New Year-themed room.
About the Betaness, it's in the rules that it must be accessible by both non-beta and beta registered users, and I don't think that moderators can make or have the power to make your room universal.
As I've said before to others, I'd like to see your work and you to comment on my current 50x50 competition entry (which may or may not be the final product).
We are closing in to the deadline, and that does leave uncertainty about everything. I'd love for a bigger room to use that is both non-beta and beta, but there is not enough time to get a 100x100 or bigger room using saved-up coins. We've only got another four days until the deadline, so the rush is most certainly on, and I would like to give final details into the competition within the next two or three days.
I definitely need to see what you do, how you do it, what room you want to use (and that must be non-beta and beta accessible), before I can think about you officially being part of the team.
Thanks again!

Last edited by katelyn (Dec 28 2010 7:14:02 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Hey.. i can't really join.. as you can see from my siggie, i am in a bunch of crews. But if you ever want to join up with MX team to make a level, we would love to!

And i agree with mihb. is you want to be organized, get a place where your members, other members of collaborating crews, or even your fans can talk to you.

Also! (sorry for the probably annoying suggestions) Have a place where you tell about yourself, and where you have a list of your levels.. Keep track of them, and make thm the best you can

You sound awesome, and I really hope that you do good! GOOD LUCK!

remember. if you ever want to team up, just post on the MX crew thread.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile! GOOD LUCK AGAIN!

#18 Before February 2015

katelyn

PYROMANIAC/MXCREW wrote:

Hey.. i can't really join.. as you can see from my siggie, i am in a bunch of crews. But if you ever want to join up with MX team to make a level, we would love to!

And i agree with mihb. is you want to be organized, get a place where your members, other members of collaborating crews, or even your fans can talk to you.

Also! (sorry for the probably annoying suggestions) Have a place where you tell about yourself, and where you have a list of your levels.. Keep track of them, and make thm the best you can

You sound awesome, and I really hope that you do good! GOOD LUCK!

remember. if you ever want to team up, just post on the MX crew thread.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile! GOOD LUCK AGAIN!

Thanks a lot for your post and suggestions, and in the future I may be interested in joining up with MX team sometime!
I think I'll just stick to the forum as a HQ for MINICUBE at the moment, but I can see us using another system in the future!
I hope you yourself and MX team do well in the future, and succeed in all your endeavours (if that sounds lame, just go with it!)
Thankksssssssssss!

#19 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

LOL!   "If that sounds lame just go with it". LOL XD

#20 Before February 2015

Chico

please come to http://tinychat.com/chicobda so we can chat.

#21 Before February 2015

katelyn

I think MINICUBE is finished with it's New Years competition entry, and new members are no longer accepted and there are no openings available unless the first post (intro) is updated.
By the new competition, I hope I will own a 100x100 room to use, as opposed to the 50x50 I am entering at the moment. Hopefully, MINICUBE NewYears 11 still has a chance at 3rd place at least //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#22 Before February 2015

MaybeNot

katelyn wrote:

Hey MaybeNot!
I've seen you around the forums and tried to see your signature room 'This is what happens...' but it was blank at the time, and still is.
Thanks for your post, and this gives me some useful ideas about what you do, and I'd love to see how you could fit this into a New Year-themed room.
About the Betaness, it's in the rules that it must be accessible by both non-beta and beta registered users, and I don't think that moderators can make or have the power to make your room universal.
As I've said before to others, I'd like to see your work and you to comment on my current 50x50 competition entry (which may or may not be the final product).
We are closing in to the deadline, and that does leave uncertainty about everything. I'd love for a bigger room to use that is both non-beta and beta, if you want to own the room that our entry is in. We've only got another four days until the deadline, so the rush is most certainly on, and I would like to give final details into the competition within the next two or three days.
I definitely need to see what you do, how you do it, what room you want to use (and that must be non-beta and beta accessible), before I can think about you officially being part of the team.
Thanks again!

I'm not sure why the sig stuffs up, i'll fix it later.
Now, if we ask one of the moderators nicely //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink my room might be switched on to public for the voting period.

No offence, but your 100x100 doesn't seem much of a New Years level and it contains boxed minigames (minigames inside boxes).

My level contains minigames on art. That's all I can publicy say.

#23 Before February 2015

mistahboi

I'd like to help you build and join Team Minicube. After reading all your previous posts, you sound like a very intelligent and capable person, and I want to work with a person like that. I'm experienced at making smilies, text, building minigames, bosses, and such. And not as important, I'm a beta member, so I could help you decorate things and extend art possibilities.

#24 Before February 2015

katelyn

Addressing MaybeNot and mistahboi, I apologize but we closed open member slots officially at 20:40 GMT yesterday, slightly earlier than scheduled at the end of the day (unfortunately I had plans for the evening, so I decided to close early.) Come back sometime there's another competition on, and I'm sure we'll be filling up some slots in the group.
MaybeNot, I don't think you're right for the group, especially with the use of 'No offence' when it's probable what you say will cause offence, and I feel what I have got is better than the standard of fireworks and smileys.
mistahboi, you sound polite and suitable for the group, and I'd like to work with you sometime (possibly collaborations later on?) but I have yet to see the type of work you do, and the group is not currently accepting new members for this contest.
TO ALL:
As a non-beta member and creator of the group, I'd simply like to have ownership of the room that is used for the contest, as a control measure (this is the issue I had when working with Chico who has posted above.)
Believe it or not, I simply enjoy the idea of working in a small room, and in the future I hope to do the majority of rooms in a 100x100, which I do not yet own, but hopefully will next time a contest comes around.
I believe that having a small room gives us a unique twist, and having non-box art minigames is not always as unique (I have seen more than three rooms made by other entrants using fireworks and black blocks to create art minigames, which isn't that unique. I feel the way I'm currently doing it is enough.
Also, anyone who is afraid of publicly revealing things about their plans and what they can do, feel free to PM me with a screenshot and link of your work, and that will help me decide if you could be in the group.
Thank you to anyone who expressed a positive interest, but with three days to go I'd like to get the room finished, as I have limited time.
EDIT: There is now a small possibility I may have a 100x100 room in time for the contest, but that would leave the 31st as a very busy day, and I have already submitted the 50x50 as the contest room, so it would require a lot of work, and I'm not sure Moderators wold realise I needed my room link information changing.

Last edited by katelyn (Dec 29 2010 6:20:17 am)

#25 Before February 2015

katelyn

So here's an update:
MINICUBE is officially in the New Year's event, with a nice little 50x50 with multiple art pieces across multidifficulty minigames, with a pipe network interlinking different areas.
I don't know how we're going to do in the competition - probably pretty badly, but I still feel my own twist on things makes MINICUBE unique from the others.
I've now got an 100x100 room, so expect bigger things in the future!
And remember, vote for Team MINICUBE!

Last edited by katelyn (Jan 1 2011 8:23:53 am)

katelyn 1423817155144277

Board footer