Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Helvi

My messege to Shoe :)

Hey Shoe,

you know how many of us veterans think about you.
After loosing all my precious maps I once decided to get back to EE at the time when we once again enjoy one of the biggest sports event in the world - The Tour de France.

I did not finish the map of course - lacking motivation in this shoe'd game.

Does anyone here know how EE was like 2 years ago? There was even a map lobby with _map previews_ before you entered the map. Why do not do not have this feature again?
There were no saved worlds and beta was something awesome.

EE could be like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsyDw9M1UKk
but in fact EE is like it is now.

Cheers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Helvi (Jun 30 2013 7:58:33 am)

Hi.

#2 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Re: My messege to Shoe :)

Unfortunately, it will never go back to the golden days ):

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#3 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Someone should make a remodel of the old "good" times for nostalgia.

#4 Before February 2015

ShinyPorygon5

I'm sure you're right, with the old days being nice and all.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K76E20gwFvQ

Anyways, I can agree some features like beta need to return, and I completely agree.

But, not being able to save our worlds? Yikes. I don't think that is the best idea. Trollers would be a massive issue, and basically, it wouldn't be as fun. I like the current graphical designs for the blocks and smiles, but some things are just a bit too much like you said.

I still like the game, and that's why I stay. Some updates may be bad, but some may be good. But you have to keep in mind Chris gives Shoe these orders on the game. Like for instance, he told him to remove beta and put BC.

#5 Before February 2015

Helvi

ShinyPorygon5 wrote:

But, not being able to save our worlds? Yikes. I don't think that is the best idea. .

Its been a loong time since now and back then the game was in developement. Saved worlds were a really big difference of course.

Hi.

#6 Before February 2015

Helvi

If I get some more editing options like brushes or filling tools ... but no, we get damn smiley every few weeks. Or a freaking potion from time to time. If Shoe is in a good mood he is offering BC for less (but still too expensive for mentioned reasons).

Hi.

#7 Before February 2015

Sensei1

I've never heard of that map preview thing. Was there really something that cool? :O

#8 Before February 2015

rocktheworld313

I'll probably make an EE Classics map sooner or later with a little bit of each world in it, from a trolled world to a stairs to code place.

#9 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

I remember EE 2 years ago, that's when I actually won bosses (Not complaining much on that), it wasn't laggy, and there wasn't any pressure on when I should go on (Magic coin system).... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE :'( I use to spend hours on end playing.

#10 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Meredith1999 wrote:
KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

Someone should make a remodel of the old "good" times for nostalgia.

Recreating the game is the easy part, getting a community is the hard part.

I'd love if there was an EE that I could use all my things on without having to unlock them after paying for them.   Pretty much how it was before Shoe and Void and the others came along.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#11 Before February 2015

Muffin

What has changed that made this game worse? You can still do the same things you could do 2 years ago...

(is the video a joke like omg)

#12 Before February 2015

Helvi

Muffin, the video is not intended to be a joke but rather (my personal) dramatic scenery around the game related to the map I tried to make. Cycling, especially the Tour de France is not a game like football or soccer. You play football, you play basketball but you can never play a road race through France.

These riders are among the toughest sportsmen worldwide - crashing into barbed wire with their faces turned into some kind of monster from a horror movie - but still finishing the race.
Or Bernard Hinault falling of a cliff into a tree just to get up and continue the race.
Someone else once dropped 70 meters down a rock wall to be rescued alive of course.
What I want to say is that EE was amazingling epic before MrShoe entered the scene. Go check the Map Library topic to see alll these great maps. and now? None of these are ever seen on the lobby again. Ask yourself why please.
Oh and alot has changed in 2 years... if you did not notice, I feel sorry for you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Hi.

#13 Before February 2015

Muffin

Helvi wrote:

Ask yourself why please.

The community has changed, not the game. What is there stopping you from starting a new account, starting an unsaved world, opening it using an account bomb, and bossing using all the features we had 2 years ago? (sure, the physics have changed because of benjaminsen) The new community would not play it.

New people are playing this game and old people are leaving.

#14 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

Muffin wrote:
Helvi wrote:

Ask yourself why please.

The community has changed, not the game. What is there stopping you from starting a new account, starting an unsaved world, opening it using an account bomb, and bossing using all the features we had 2 years ago? (sure, the physics have changed because of benjaminsen) The new community would not play it.

New people are playing this game and old people are leaving.

And you might be wrong, look at the online count from before and now.
Look at the way you need to pay for stuff.
And look at that link in my signature..
Something changed, EE got freemium...

#15 Before February 2015

Helvi

Your signature-link is scary and evil at the same time.

Tja, so sind Arschlöcher halt, wie dreckige Politiker //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Sorry for the foreign language - it is Austrian...

Hi.

#16 Before February 2015

Anch

Why do you hate EE so much? I know there are bad bricks/smilies and updates, but if you hate them so much, just ignore them! Don't buy them! It's not like you could only put that block in your world or something...
You could do the same stuff back then now (well most of the stuff) but t he game is generally the same, but more advanced. Don't you like more advanced games?

#17 Before February 2015

hummerz5

Muffin wrote:

starting an unsaved world,

Can't do that... unless it's an open world.
I've only managed to make a locked world.... but it's still limited by bricks, the same as an open world.

#18 Before February 2015

Stupid

I miss the list of most played levels, anyone remember that?

#19 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

Helvi wrote:

Your signature-link is scary and evil at the same time.

Tja, so sind Arschlöcher halt, wie dreckige Politiker //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Sorry for the foreign language - it is Austrian...

Actually the thing which made me quit was that link and the kind of yolo actions chris & shoe took.
Removing the feature of beta-only rooms ( you know where they were ABOVE the normal rooms in another window )
Making the whole beta thing useless - and giving as reward one month BC - that's what i mean for example.

I think before EverybodyEdits 1 or how its named came out, it was perfect.
Now its aiming low-aged kids which have money to get money, not a good & quality community.
What i say every time, the game is now a freemium* game... Mostly all people with a age above 13-15 left though.

Cheers,
Mylo

*if you don't know what that means, search it on wikipedia.

#20 Before February 2015

timothyji

EE was better before MrShoe and mrvoid came along!

Examples:
Replacing /respawn command with respawn potion
Adding zombies [very annoying feature]
Changing the lobby look.
Adding magic classes (well having them limit what you can buy/use)
Making mostly (not all like /giveedit and /removeedit) horrible updates (even in these every few weeks update!)
Adding builders club (and removing beta) - yes ik chris told MrShoe to do it.
-some other stuff

--
I even remember once EE had like around 1000+ players on it at once!
Now look at EE now its like 200-900 players!
The new players don't have any idea what old EE was like so they don't care about anything. (what sad!)
I also miss the magic system

Some stuff i want changed in the game:
-remove the magic class limit (for getting items) [you can keep the magic class for show off and earning energy though]
-adding energy gotten from old magic system with the energy you get from the magic class system
-removing bc.
-putting beta back
-give signs to everyone! - (or atleast put them in the shop for like maybe 750 energy or something per sign)
-have contests again that give you special smileys
-adding show beta only world checkbox back
-putting back /respawn command
-removing zombies
-giving more features to beta (or atleast give them early access to buy items)
-and a lot more to much that i don't wanna name all of them

[fyi: i played EE either early nov. Or late sept.]
the change in capitalization is brought to you by your favorite mod you're welcome

Last edited by Timothyji (Jul 4 2013 2:02:50 pm)

76561198184666913.png

#21 Before February 2015

rocktheworld313

- Respawn command can be imitated with spikes in any areas you're not supposed to be in.
- Zombies can be turned off.
- You even acknowledged that Chris wanted him to remove beta. That's not his fault.
- Void removed magic decay, making it much less annoying. It is now very easy to stay at level 12 and unlock everything.
- BC is fine. Just don't buy it. It makes great contest prizes.
- The new lobby look is a lot better in my opinion.

#22 Before February 2015

Persona

Seriously, this forum needs to stop supporting the EE name.   It's community just doesn't deserve the title it holds.   All this hate makes the game, and quite frankly the forum look bad.   The worst update was the locking of the smileys with level restrictions.   This is more-or-less fixed now since the energy decay is gone.   Huzzah.

The only reason many people are still here are due to friends.   Never heard of skype or facebook.   Hell idk.

This whole topic can be summarized with this:
This game is crap now because of all the wonderful (and some of the less desirable) updates.   **** please, go somewhere else then. Granted the number of players online definitely has shrunk (that is the only thing keeping EE from the 'golden days' imo), I guess you could blame the shoe for that.

Last edited by Persona (Jul 5 2013 9:22:52 am)

#23 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

Since when does this forum support the ee name

It's a place to discuss the game not exclusively for worshiping it

Last edited by Fdoou (Jul 7 2013 6:23:17 am)

#24 Before February 2015

Persona

Since it became the official fan forums.   >_>
I'm not saying there can't be hate on the game, i'm just saying the immense amount of it by it's members is just not deserving of the title.   Most of the hate anyways is unthought out and crap anyways.  

That's all I am saying.

Helvi142393363327799

Board footer