Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

lrussell
Website

Re: EE Guardian

I actually think some of the forum moderators would make good choices... (forget the irony, thank you).

#52 Before February 2015

Slushie

I'm against this idea for reasons other people have already stated.

And the last thing the game needs is a fake hierarchy forming in the community because people think they're special being picked to babysit.

ok

#53 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Slushie wrote:

I'm against this idea for reasons other people have already stated.

And the last thing the game needs is a fake hierarchy forming in the community because people think they're special being picked to babysit.

mhm.
Why do they need the guardians? Atilla, meredith, and others were handling things just fine

Discord: jawp#5123

#54 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

JaWapa wrote:

Atilla, meredith, and others were handling things just fine

These people are just vigilantes, not actual moderators. They have no obligations, no contract, or any kind of direction from the people who run EE.

I don't know if the staff knows of the exploitation they use, but I assume they wouldn't like it.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#55 Before February 2015

abrar11

Xfrogman43 wrote:

It's not real. It's another god mode color and not purple name. [Hummerz5 has proofs]

proof?

Xfrogman43 wrote:

and not purple name

How did i get a purple name then?

Last edited by abrar11 (Jul 11 2014 5:54:59 am)

#56 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Tako wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

Atilla, meredith, and others were handling things just fine

These people are just vigilantes, not actual moderators. They have no obligations, no contract, or any kind of direction from the people who run EE.

I don't know if the staff knows of the exploitation they use, but I assume they wouldn't like it.

No, they likely wouldn't like it but WE don't like the stupid choices they make, either.
They completely neglect everything with no real honest sympathy.
For a very recent example, they wrote a blog post that they're going on holiday again.

As for the vigilantes,

I'm not sure it's appropriate to use the term 'vigilante', I've done absolutely no damage and have helped MrShoe and Chris fix large security holes in EE which could have completely destroyed the entire game within minutes, with no effort.
This is, deleting every account and every single world.

Plus also helping Yahoo fix large security holes in the PlayerIO infrastructure, which could be very easily used to gain access to any developers account, including, but no limited to, Chris Benjaminsen's.

Which would pretty much mean, EE = completely deleted, as well as possibly every other game on PlayerIO.

--

What I'm getting at here is that:

People who know how to exploit things on a large scale, know best how to prevent others from doing the same.
This is needed to prevent malicious activities, you won't get that from 12 year olds that will ban anyone for anything,
and have their own personal security very weak.

To put it simply, these kids are very easy targets to take advantage of. (and they've both been hacked before)
Not something you want when they have actual powers, this is essentially giving tools to malicious people indirectly.

Also, not sure if you have read the emails or not, but this also includes reading the room chat history.
I'm not sure if I want little kids accessing possibly private chats whenever they feel like it.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that I DO NOT.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#57 Before February 2015

Insanity

This idea fkin blows.

The only way i'd support it is if i get to be a mod so i get infinite trolling powers.

The last thing we need is a bunch of self-entitled banhappy 12 year olds.

Last edited by 1nsanity (Jul 11 2014 7:19:24 am)

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#58 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Honestly, this is probably going to end badly.

It is going to be the ones that I trust the least and they'll probably abuse it.
(Eyes on Meredith, Abrar11, Russell and the "hacking" community).

If this is EVER fully implemented, I would make the age restriction aged 21+
Mainly because they know how to respect stuff and won't get power hungry.

There are only a few people that I trust on EE and out of them, only a few are mature enough to host such powers. These are:
Boh,
Lictor666,
Mihb,
Cyph1e,
Thanel,
Aoitenshi,
Polis,
Helvi.

I may have missed a couple, but those, for me are the only suitable ones.

#59 Before February 2015

abrar11

Doctor_downes wrote:

It is going to be the ones that I trust the least and they'll probably abuse it.
(Eyes on Meredith, Abrar11, Russell and the "hacking" community).

None of us are even going for it

#60 Before February 2015

Falk

I am sorry to tell, but I think this is a worse idea than Builder's Club.
I mean seriously, why is everyone blinded by the name? If somebody has a name with a different color, everyone is treating that person like gods. For **** sake, I thought now it'll be fine with new mods, new ideas.
That's not what I expected.
Anyway if this has the chance to be promoted I hope they'll finally be careful and pick few important people... and not make offers to sell it.

Last edited by Falk (Jul 11 2014 8:33:51 am)

#61 Before February 2015

abrar11

Falk wrote:

I am sorry to tell, but I think this is a worse idea than Builder's Club.
I mean seriously, why is everyone blinded by the name? If somebody has a name with a different color, everyone is treating that person like gods. For **** sake, I thought now it'll be fine with new mods, new ideas.
That's not what I expected.
Anyway if this has the chance to be promoted I hope they'll finally be careful and pick few important people... and not make offers to sell it.

They arent selling it you have to apply for it i think also ik it's not a good idea also

1nsanity wrote:

This idea fkin blows.
The only way i'd support it is if i get to be a mod so i get infinite trolling powers.

Thats what I mean and others ^ thats gonna be abusive

#62 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

JaWapa wrote:

My guess is they will be:
Meredith
Atilla

Squadfs
(basically anyone tied in with them)

Lol Atilla & Meredith can already kick and ban people. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I'm sorry but with anyone who thinks these 2 are wrecking the game because of the methods they have used to gain certain abilities should actually be thanking them. Who knows, without the help the mods have received from these (and others) the game might not even be running because of the security threats the game previously had.

Who knows? There could've been an attack on EE by a experienced hacker that would've destroyed all accounts, all the effort and gems you would have put in, pffff... So these 2 (and others) are offering a service to the community, this is vital as not many bugs have been fixed by the mods.

/Alex

#63 Before February 2015

abrar11

Alexthementalone wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

My guess is they will be:
Meredith
Atilla

Squadfs
(basically anyone tied in with them)

Lol Atilla & Meredith can already kick and ban people. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I'm sorry but with anyone who thinks these 2 are wrecking the game because of the methods they have used to gain certain abilities should actually be thanking them. Who knows, without the help the mods have received from these (and others) the game might not even be running because of the security threats the game previously had.

Who knows? There could've been an attack on EE by a experienced cheater that would've destroyed all accounts, all the effort and gems you would have put in, pffff... So these 2 (and others) are offering a service to the community, this is vital as not many bugs have been fixed by the mods.

/Alex

also Guardians can't only kick and ban they can do alot more
Atilla and meredith have helped patching security holes without them people could of crashed ee so easily and helped more with security in general.

#64 Before February 2015

Cola1

Moderator-type powers = responsibility/abuse = players ranting at you about not getting code etc./kicks and bans = no thank you.

So if this thing actually makes its way into EE good luck to the people who get it.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#65 Before February 2015

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

XtLSsK4.png

gLjTZE1.png

#66 Before February 2015

abrar11

For any of you guys who missed the OP I edited it and put a picture of the Guardian Aura in action if you haven't saw it here
DxdqnK3.png

#67 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

This is a very **** poor idea. I honestly don't care who is going to get it, it's terrible. I see them coming i and giving random people these powers. (Atilla, you better be ready to start fixing the game). If their going to be adding to the staff, make them secret. Hell, I would even go for Atilla and Meredith to be secret mods/admins. I think they are the only two I would trust.

Discord: jawp#5123

#68 Before February 2015

abrar11

JaWapa wrote:

This is a very **** poor idea. I honestly don't care who is going to get it, it's terrible. I see them coming i and giving random people these powers. (Atilla, you better be ready to start fixing the game). If their going to be adding to the staff, make them secret. Hell, I would even go for Atilla and Meredith to be secret mods/admins. I think they are the only two I would trust.

yeah they get to ban people thats enough for me to not trust these people and the people giving "Guardian" don't even know these "Guardian's" irl you never know what they will do they must like add extra security if they're giving it to random people which they are

#69 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Guys, just keep cool. Wear the TxcZo.png smiley, and pretend to be AFK when a purple name comes around. If you annoy them just a little bit, they will strike and ban you, so stay away from the purple names.

1nsanity wrote:

The last thing we need is a bunch of self-entitled banhappy 12 year olds.

As a merciful 11 year old, I am offended by this.

#70 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

N1KF wrote:

If you annoy them just a little bit, they will strike and ban you, so stay away from the purple names.

That's precisely one of the reasons why we cannot have immature children running the game.

#71 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

Why not make it Brian easier to find people who are actually good for this job
by giving him suggestions (including reason obviously)? Also, be happy about more mods in-game - nobody said they HAVE TO BE immature, see the positive sides of a change too. Also its a step towards us (the community) of the game.

But we should have a choice who will be a Guardian. And we have that choice, we just need to take it though.

#72 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

Mouk wrote:

http://imgur.com/07xCq2A that's what it will be. This may be confirmed.

Lol. How nothing Brian/MrShoe sends to someone is private here. 10/10

#73 Before February 2015

Mouk

Mylo wrote:
Mouk wrote:

http://imgur.com/07xCq2A that's what it will be. This may be confirmed.

Lol. How nothing Brian/MrShoe sends to someone is private here. 10/10

NVD, gave me that pic

Last edited by Mouk (Jul 11 2014 2:49:07 pm)

#74 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

Is the only concern people are having over who the guardians will be?

#75 Before February 2015

Anch

Lol that email was sent to Ultrabass (Toxicated Tazza)

abrar1114239592012231

Board footer