Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-21 06:54:45, last edited by Onjit (2024-03-29 06:24:29)

Onjit
Website

πŸ•πŸ•‘πŸ•’πŸ•“πŸ•”πŸ•• Mafia 56 (Clock Mafia) πŸ•–πŸ•—πŸ•˜πŸ•™πŸ•šπŸ•›

πŸ•πŸ•‘ Welcome toπŸ•’πŸ•“
πŸ•”πŸ•• Mafia 56πŸ•–πŸ•—
πŸ•˜πŸ•™(Clock Mafia)πŸ•šπŸ•›

It's time to get started!

Basic Rules:

1. Don't be a ****, it's just a game

2. Try to post at least 10 times per day phase

3. Don't talk about the game outside of where you're allowed to (ie. this thread)

4. Days will be about 70 hours long, and nights will be 24 hours long (We'll have the same cutoff time of 3pm AEST so its suitable for strategic purposes)

5. Ask me if you have any questions

6. Have fun (mandatory)

The setup is explained here: 09:12, but I'll do a proper write-up in a bit and add it to the thread.

The players are:

1. Pqwerty

2. Zumza - Killed Night 1: Vanilla Townie

3. Bobithan

4. Processor

5. Different55 - Lynched Day 2: Vanilla Town

6. Edilights

7. Buzzerbee - Lynched Day 1: Town Follower

8. N1KF

9. Schlog

:.|:;

#2 2024-03-21 15:32:08

Pqwerty

Re: πŸ•πŸ•‘πŸ•’πŸ•“πŸ•”πŸ•• Mafia 56 (Clock Mafia) πŸ•–πŸ•—πŸ•˜πŸ•™πŸ•šπŸ•›

Hi everyone. I think just for general strategy here we should only have the babysitter claim and then have babysitter protect their scumreads because (1) if the babysitter is right about their scumread and the mafia shoots them, then both the babysitter and the mafia die OR (2) the mafia don’t kill the babysitter and we have an uncc’d hard-to-kill PR and we can just vote among everyone else. But also it’s the most anti-town role in the sense that it could kill a town (and potentially a town PR that can RB) in a double-kill.

Historically you guys haven’t been on board with hypo’ing cop investigations but I think that would also be a safe way to get investigations out if  there is a cop.

Any other setup should just not claim. Also this gives us more info because we can either eliminate or include setups with the babysitter depending on if there’s a claim, and I think knowing the exact setup we’re in is going to be helpful. Of course, we should also be doing the normal scum hunting but I think this strat is informative

#3 2024-03-21 20:10:30

Pqwerty

Idk I just don't like the fact that a possible babysitter could potentially end the game in 2 days (if we vote a town D1, then the bs protects a town and dies, and if we vote a town D2). Like even from a probability standpoint it's more (or maybe equally?) likely that the babysitter would die protecting a town than having the babysitter make a successful protect.

Also, solving the game gives the mafia less roles to fakeclaim.

In any case, if we don't want the hypothetical anti-town PR to claim then they should at least consider not protecting someone if we vote a town off today so that the game doesn't get any worse off. In fact, I think babysitter should protect if they're relatively confident they won't be shot at OR if they are confident they know who the mafia is and that they will be shot at.

Again, I think babysitter is the only anti-town role here and pretty much any other setup should just stay hidden, and so I think it's a good idea to come up with strategies on how to mitigate the damage of a potential babysitter before potentially all hell breaks loose.

#4 2024-03-21 20:12:59

Pqwerty

Also hi bobithan. I don't think we've met but I played EE with this username

#5 2024-03-22 05:32:21

Pqwerty

Zumza wrote:

can't follow why would you think that it is more likely that the babysitter to die protecting a town than making a successful protect.
This would mean that it is more likely for the mafia to target the babysitter rather than any other townie, right?
Unless the babysitter's identity is a secret it should be just as likely. This is a good reason why I'd think it'd be of upmost importance for the babysitter to remain a secret.

Not really. What I'm saying here is that if the mafia randomly kill someone and the babysitter randomly protects someone that the scenario where the babysitter protects a town and is shot is more likely than a protect. Because it's random, each town member has the same odds of being killed. If the babysitter is killed, there's a 5/7 chance that the babysitter was protecting a town (or 6/7 if we vote off a mafia today). And if a non-bs town is shot at, there's only a 1/7 chance that the babysitter was protecting them.

This is why I say it's more likely that the bad event will occur and it's essentially because there's more town than there are people being shot at.

#6 2024-03-22 14:19:36

Pqwerty

Vanilla Townie is like the basic town unit. They can't do anything at night and they can only vote and send messages during the day.

How long has it been since you've played mafia that you've forgot this proc?

#7 2024-03-23 21:08:54

Pqwerty

Zumza wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:
Zumza wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

take this with a grain of salt bc it’s D1 but i’m leaning town for pqwerty, tbh i thought more about their reasoning for babysitter claiming and it’s actually a smart move imo

are you willing to share why you also think a babysitter claim would help the town, please?

Pqwerty already explained it. i don’t agree that babysitter should claim, i was just pointing out that i thought Pqwerty was town because i don’t think it’s something mafia would’ve brought up

Sorry?

I think he’s saying it’s reasonable for me to think babysitter should claim but he personally doesn’t want them to?

#8 2024-03-23 21:19:08

Pqwerty

I like N1KF’s reads and Zumza feels active enough to call town. I don’t understand Buzzerbee’s vote on N1KF because posting reads is not nothing. Maybe it’s a processor Buzzerbee team?

#9 2024-03-23 22:04:57

Pqwerty

Idk Zumza I still like the idea of a babysitter claim. But if you don’t like it we can just agree to disagree and not do it.

!vote BuzzerBee

I don’t like how they said N1KF was a nothing slot. I like N1KF’s reads

#10 2024-03-24 02:12:19

Pqwerty

I mean, if we aren’t going to have the bs claim if they exist, a no vote into bs dying while protecting someone doesn’t just end the game in 2 days. Personally I think Buzzerbee is suspicious enough to take the risk on him because of his vote on N1KF.

But yeah no vote is a safe play but I can understand why.

It’d be nice if Buzzerbee would come back to explain the vote on N1KF tho so we can see if no vote is a good idea or if we have enough of a case on Buzzerbee

#11 2024-03-24 03:56:45

Pqwerty

Bobithan wrote:

Votes are the only town aligned eliminations that happen in mafia and town doesn't get many of them. Scum can kill but they can ONLY kill town, so we need to take as many chances as we can get. also more information is always good, even if we hit town d1 we can look at the flow of votes throughout the day and try to find anything fishy. Not eliminating gives us very little to work with the following day

2 simple example games where town mislynches twice in a row:
vote somebody out d1: 7 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 6 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 5 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 4 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 3 town 2 mafia (do or die)
vote nobody out d1: 7 town 2 mafia -> nolynch -> 7 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 6 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 5 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 4 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 3 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 2 town 2 mafia (scum wins)

in the first situation even after missing twice in a row, we still have an opportunity to save the game with 2 scum out of 5 remaining players. If we don't eliminate today, we can only mislynch once before a mislynch ends the game with a scum victory

It's basically never the right idea to not lynch day one, especially with an odd number of players. The PRs in the 9:12 setup aren't nearly influential enough to change that argument, I would not be surprised at all if the PRs this game end up not mattering.

I feel like pqwerty should know all of this since I gather he's experienced with this game so I'm a little suspicious that he's so keen here on not lynching tonight

Yknow I think you’re right. Again im just worried about a potential babysitter but that’s only like a 1/12 chance or something similar so yeah let’s just vote and hope there isn’t a babysitter to potentially ruin things.

#12 2024-03-24 04:04:15

Pqwerty

I’m thinking it’s me, bobithan, Zumza and N1KF town and we just vote among everyone that’s left tbh. It seems like it’s Buzzerbee and Processor as the mafia but Edilights, Schlog, and Diff haven’t posted a ton.

#13 2024-03-24 04:13:55

Pqwerty

Ah right so I guess I should be worried more about a mafia rolecop. Tbh the fact that there’s a 50% chance of a mafia rolecop makes processor look worse.  claiming VT

#14 2024-03-24 04:14:45

Pqwerty

Edit: processor looks worse that they claimed VT*

#15 2024-03-26 19:04:18

Pqwerty

Bobithan wrote:

I think pqwerty looks awfully red right now given a zumza death, given zumza very well could have been on pqwerty today if still alive

Bobithan wrote:

thinking pqwerty + proc is the team that makes the most sense to me right now. Would be fine with either vote: I'm more confident pqwerty is red but we have more to lose from a green flip on pqwerty than a green flip on proc simply becuase pqwerty's more active.

Zumza was suspicious of me for the babysitter stuff but again i don't think it was that bad of an idea. Buzzerbee agreed with it and they're confirmed town so it's not like the idea was this wildly dumb derp idea that only mafia would agree to do. Also the other town PRs are confirmed to be either a Jailkeeper or a Tracker since BB flipped follower and these are the two PRs on the clock with follower, so maybe since you (Bobithan) and me were the highest trs yesterday the mafia went after someone who was tr'd a little less to avoid attacking someone who was likely to be protected by the Jailkeeper (me and you).

Cuz the mafia can't do anything to prevent a tracker but maybe they can dance around the JK protect. Idk I might be reading too much into the nightkill cuz there could be many other reasons why they went with Zumza over me or you.

Also JK/Tracker shouldn't claim rn. Maybe tomorrow if we ML again today

#16 2024-03-27 05:37:00

Pqwerty

Bobithan wrote:

weirdly enough edilight's bizarre "hide and seek" comment makes me think he's town more.

Why? I get nothing from this post and I don't know how anyone would townread it unless they had insider information about Edilight's role.

Bobithan wrote:

Zumza here is saying his top two suspects are Buzz and pqwerty.

I don't get this either. If Zumza says that I'm mafia then isn't this kill too obvious? Like of course all the heat is going to go on the guy who was scumread by the guy who died. For example, if N1KF died last night all the heat would be on processor since processor was their top sr D1. Why would I draw so much attention to myself when I could kill off N1KF and go for Processor the next day?

Bobithan wrote:

He implies then straight up says Buzz called N1KF a nothing slot when that just isn't true: he said he was neutral on N1KF and was seeing where a vote would go.

This is sort of twisting my words here because when I say a "nothing slot" I mean a "neutral slot" or "null slot". It didn't make sense that N1KF was actively posting reads and BB just said "yeah I'm not sure about the slot" (meaning he had a null read on N1KF).

Bobithan wrote:

I don't like that he's so hung up about a babysitter when there's only a 25% chance a babysitter is in the game given starting information.

Babysitter is like the only anti-town role in this game and regardless of what chance it had to show up I wanted to find ways to mitigate the risk / potentially weaponize it against the mafia. I'm just gonna drop it now though since we definitely don't have one. If you think I wasted a day talking about it then that's your opinion.

Bobithan wrote:

Which I, very uncharitably, read as "oh yeah I should be acting like it's possible that there's a rolecop"

Yeah that is uncharitable. I forgot that mafia rolecop was listed twice so the interpretation here should be "I should be more worried about the existence of a mafia rolecop than the other mafia PRs since it's more likely to occur".

Bobithan wrote:

Now that we know there's a tracker in this setup

How do you know there's a tracker in this setup unless you're a tracker or a mafia rolecop? This is clearly insider information that we aren't privy to unless you misspoke.

Also one last thing: I don't like how you two are assuming there's a mafia juggernaut to explain why I was so focused on a babysitter. I have been focused on a babysitter because it's an anti-town role that could potentially make the game end in two days, not because I have insider information. I didn't know what scenario we were in and I wanted to mitigate the risk. Everyone's so concerned about my first plan but did you guys forget my other suggestions of having the babysitter either not protect if they thought they were gonna die and weren't confident in a scumread or that they should protect their scumread if they're confident that they're gonna die and that the person they're protecting is scum? Why do you need to assume a mafia role exists to attempt to prove that I'm mafia when I would suggest these strategies regardless of the mafia PR since I'm uninformed town?

Idk Bobithan I just don't think your argument holds up to scrutiny here and that you're looking in the wrong place.

#17 2024-03-27 18:27:45

Pqwerty

Zumza wrote:

In the very unlikely scenario where Buzz gets lynched and flips Town, I think the best course of action would be to PR on Pqwerty (maybe I, maybe you who is reading this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink).

Is this what made you think Zumza was softing a PR? I don’t know why Zumza would be softing a PR claim when the PRs would want to stay hidden. It’s not like Zumza was under any scrutiny and needed to tell people they were a PR to avoid being voted off. I think it was bait tbh

But if you suspect that the mafia were hunting for PRs then why does that make me a mafia? If the mafia were hunting for PRs and fell for Zumza’s bait then anyone would’ve shot Zumza.

See this is what is making me more suspicious of you, Bobithan. You’re making all these assumptions about how the mafia is acting (β€œoh there’s a juggernaut” and β€œoh the mafia were PR hunting last night”) to try to prove that I’m mafia and you’re treating them like facts. The only people who know what the mafia were doing are the mafia so making cases on me based on insider knowledge seems like you either have too much information or that you’re trying to use bad logic to frame me. Why are you so concerned about the babysitter stuff today when it wasn’t a reason for you to vote me yesterday? But now all of a sudden Zumza died and you think I’m some sort of deep wolf? See what I think is happening here is you saw an opportunity to take out Buzzerbee yesterday so you didn’t push a vote on me, and now that Buzzerbee is gone I’m suddenly mafia to you after being one of your top towns yesterday. I think you killed Zumza since you fell for their PR bait and then you tried to put all the blame on me. I think I’m just the next one on your hit list cuz your previous post lists a bunch of inactive people (easy misvotes) as your next targets if you can’t mischop me. Like why is Diff55 your next mafia target if you were so suspicious of Processor yesterday?
!vote Bobithan

#18 2024-03-27 18:28:26

Pqwerty

Edit: Why is your next target Edilights?*

#19 2024-03-27 20:51:37

Pqwerty

Bobithan wrote:

-A Zumza kill is beneficial for scum!pqwerty since that was the main person sussed of him d1. I don't care if it's too obvious of a kill, that argument doesn't hold water for me. I find it to be indicative.

Sure but again, unless you're mafia you don't know why Zumza was killed. You agreed that it could be PR hunting as well. So basing this part of your argument on the possibility that this was the reason the mafia killed Zumza is either inside information or a bad argument, as I've said before.

Bobithan wrote:

His reasoning to vote for buzzerbee I find very disingenuous. I don't find the difference between saying n1kf is "neutral" and "nothing" to be as insignificant as pqwerty is arguing.

You're arguing about word choice here. Just because I said "nothing" instead of "neutral/null" is just nitpicking here I feel.

Bobithan wrote:

I really did not like him giving any credence to a nolynch strateg

I don't think you understand how risk-averse I am to the anti-town PR. But also, I didn't really support the no vote. If you read back I said I understand why someone would suggest a no-vote to prevent the game ending in 2 days, but I was still in favor of voting.

But honestly though, if you were so against the stuff I did yesterday then why was your vote on processor (had 1 post at the time) and Buzzerbee over me? From my understanding, wasn't I one of your top town reads yesterday but now that BB is gone it's an issue? I still think what's happening here is you wanted to vote me out yesterday but you saw that you could easily just hop on the Buzzerbee wagon first and then mischop me today by starting the day guns a blazin' with a long list of mediocre (at best) reasons to get me out. You set the pace by voting me and are hoping to get everyone to blindly turn on me without scrutinizing any of your arguments.

#20 2024-03-27 22:41:48

Pqwerty

I don't get it. Why aren't we on Bobithan for making such a bad case on me and why do people believe them? He's turning against his townreads (me and Edilights) all of a sudden and he literally made a list of people he wants to mischop next.

#21 2024-03-27 22:43:58

Pqwerty

Like Bobithan's case is literally just based on hypotheticals and nitpicking and misunderstanding. I've made quite a few posts showing that it doesn't hold up to scrutiny so why are we still believing them?

#22 2024-03-27 22:48:37

Pqwerty

I mean, N1KF is in a similar boat to Bobithan for me since they had a bunch of hypotheticals, but N1KF hasn't suddenly turned against me like Bobithan has. What makes you think N1KF?

#23 2024-03-27 22:50:11

Pqwerty

Has it been a N1KF Bobithan team this whole time? They were both on Buzzerbee yesterday and all they'd have to do is convince you and Schlog to vote me to win the game.

#24 2024-03-27 22:53:10

Pqwerty

Like, first off, does anyone think that the wolf team is inactive? I don't. so there's a wolf among the 5 of us I think.

They both thought Zumza could've been a PR-hunting kill so they both did fall for the bait if they were mafia.

#25 2024-03-27 22:59:50

Pqwerty

@Peoxwaaoe I still think it's Bobithan but N1KF could possibly be partnered with Bobithan so I'm not opposed to voting N1KF if you're more confident about a N1KF vote.

Gosha1712315725799165

Board footer