Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-09 00:58:22, last edited by Minimania (2022-07-21 10:14:48)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Mafia 51 - Secret Weapon [TOWN + GLADIATOR + SURVIVOR WIN!!!]

wtsmULg.png

Welcome to Mafia 51 - Secret Weapon. We are looking at unprecedented, troubling times. A plague is tearing through the country, and your government needs your help. Our sources have tracked an infected individual that may be in your area. In order to limit the spread of the plague, we are implementing new measures to help limit the spread of the disease. From now on, you are no longer allowed to go outside of your house at night. Food and necessities are to be rationed. You are no longer allowed to leave this town. Anyone who does not comply with these measures will undergo a democratic trial held by your town’s population, and may potentially be sentenced to death. To ensure these practices stay in place, we have dispatched government agents to help with the transition process. Your democratically elected mayor will be taking a back seat in this transition. Do not climb the wall we have built around town. Please note that we are only doing this for the safety of this town and its important member(s). Do not disobey.

Here are the rules that must be followed at all times:

Game Rules

This game is a semi-open setup, so you will not know what roles are in the game to start. Here is the setup.

Setup

Here are some rulings regarding the game if anyone is confused:

Rulings

Here is a list of commands that you can perform during the game:

Commands

Here's a guide on how to vote and use BBCode for anyone unfamiliar with how these forums work:

How to Vote

Here is how the Town Rolecard ID template looks:

eyxVfrK.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the player list.

Player List:

1. AllenCaspe9510
2. 2B55B5G TNG (she/her)
3. Abiqi
4. Mutantdevle - Oppressor: Bulletproof, Flagbearer
5. ShadowsEdge - Mayor: ???, ???
6. Norwee - Gladiator: ???, ???
7. N1KF - ??? - Breadcrumb, ???
8. Onjit
9. MartenM
10. ExFabian
11. Althea - Undertaker: Hammering, Hated
12. ZeldaXD - Jailor: Reporting, Roaming
13. IrrelevantGaymer (they/them)
14. Era
15. Marshmallow Marshall - Nurse: Loud, Roaming

Host: Minimania (Next/Victim)

The game started Sunday, July 10, 2022 at Midnight (12:00 am) PST.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#2 2022-07-10 08:35:44

Marshmallow Marshall

Re: Mafia 51 - Secret Weapon [TOWN + GLADIATOR + SURVIVOR WIN!!!]

Greetings! In the name of the most holy crusade against the scum, I suggest we lynch this heretic for having a name that does not spark interesting search results despite looking somewhat like a real word. It is definetly indicative of scum trying to look genuine while in fact being utterly and completely FAKE inside. THE MAYOR WILLS IT!!!

!vote Onjit

#3 2022-07-10 10:16:49

Marshmallow Marshall

Norwee wrote:

What an purposeful first post.

Thank you kindly.

Norwee wrote:

Fun fact: In Norway we have an expression where someone may "pull an onjit" which translates to utterly and thoroughly embarassing oneself with ones existence.

Lol poor guy, we're just hitting on his name repeatedly...

Also I just read my own post and realized the last words sort of looked like I was claiming mayor. I'm not. Probably not, at least. Hopefully. That would be bad, right? Right.

#4 2022-07-10 10:40:07

Marshmallow Marshall

Yay, I feel accepted now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#5 2022-07-10 13:37:49

Marshmallow Marshall

Abiqi wrote:

There’s no purpose of playing this game. Idiots must be stopped

Norwee wrote:
Abiqi wrote:

There’s no purpose of playing this game. Idiots must be stopped

Looks like you need some crusading directed towards you to, uh, help you see the light...
If you don’t play i will make you my primary target.

Well, I was going to agree with this, but then I realized it may be a good idea to check the sign list - and indeed, it was a good idea, because he's not even in it lol. BEGONE

#6 2022-07-10 13:43:54

Marshmallow Marshall

Oh, there's the quote-in-a-quote system here. Okay. I hope it won't create death walls, but for now, it's actually good lol. Guess I won't have to quote as much ^^

Onjit wrote:
Norwee wrote:

Fun fact: In Norway we have an expression where someone may "pull an onjit" which translates to utterly and thoroughly embarassing oneself with ones existence.

funny down here we have a slang term "norwee" for when you want to **** but nothing comes out

are you just going to ignore me while insulting norwee for reasons that could not possibly be known to mankind? :'[

#7 2022-07-10 23:59:31

Marshmallow Marshall

Onjit wrote:
Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

are you just going to ignore me while insulting norwee for reasons that could not possibly be known to mankind? :'[

yes!

I will be busy crying in a corner for the rest of the day :''''(
and afterwards getting ready to lynch you for this mwhahahaha

Minimania wrote:

Abiqi = Excoluss, sorry I meant to change the name on the list beforehand but it slipped my mind.

Ohhh lol, derp. I should have checked that too, it's his user title... Well, in this case: if you sign up, you're supposed to play. You're literally condemned to have fun. How horrible. What do you think of people so far, Abiqi?

ZeldaXD wrote:

What is the purpose of such a complicated setup, so many things to keep up with my god

Is this complicated by this place's standards? o.O
There isn't really that much to keep up with; this is certainly not a vanilla game, but all we have to keep in mind is:

- mafia is the priority target
- it has lynch target control abilities (oppressor)
- there is a lategame threat (pestilence)
- there is a gladiator who really should side with town if they want to win
- mayor exists, but I honestly don't see how that does much for us as long as he's not revealed (and he probably should not reveal too early)

From there, we just form reads on people, get information and move forward. Speaking of which, do you have any reads?

#8 2022-07-11 00:05:23

Marshmallow Marshall

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Allen is definitely maf rn

ShadowsEdge wrote:

dont question my accusation btw or you're maf too

Who is Allen? What is Allen? Why is Allen (scum)?

N1KF wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

i know who the scums are already based on your first posts

easy scums in the bag

On a scale of 1 to serious how serious is this? Because this game's barely started and if you have some insight that could help us get somewhere.

I get performative vibes from this, as in not natural attempt to look useful like a townie vibes. That being said, I want to slap people who say this about me (especially since it happens basically every game lol), so... who knows. But still, I don't like  this.

!vote N1KF
N1KF wrote:

Yum, who here wants to eat some marshmallow?

DISGUSTING.

#9 2022-07-11 00:20:24

Marshmallow Marshall

ShadowsEdge wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:

What is the purpose of such a complicated setup, so many things to keep up with my god

Is this complicated by this place's standards? o.O
There isn't really that much to keep up with; this is certainly not a vanilla game, but all we have to keep in mind is:

- mafia is the priority target
- it has lynch target control abilities (oppressor)
- there is a lategame threat (pestilence)
- there is a gladiator who really should side with town if they want to win
- mayor exists, but I honestly don't see how that does much for us as long as he's not revealed (and he probably should not reveal too early)

Sort of yeah. Generally most games on here (at least before Mini started hosting mosly) were mostly Townie and Goons, and those never really had add-ons much iirc. But i think its more a turn of phrase, because everyone here has handled games like this before i presume, but its just jarring when you play it mostly one way.

Having dealt with a similar role to Oppressor elsewhere, i will say, Oppressor will most likely become a big issue for town. Oppressor does not have to put scum in their votes as far as I know, which means that every other day, more likely than not we're going to be lynching a town, unless Mafia feel daring enough to put one of their own mafia in the list.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Allen is definitely maf rn

ShadowsEdge wrote:

dont question my accusation btw or you're maf too

Who is Allen? What is Allen? Why is Allen (scum)?

AllenCaspe9510, its mostly a joke since I'm in a Mafia server with him, he got Mafia or NK like 3 games in a row and managed to screw over town in two of them, so we just basically agreed to always assume Allen is evil.

Hahahaha, makes sense //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

About Oppressor, I say we can probably deal with it when it comes - plus, it doesn't stop us from getting info, and we can always sleep. Also, he cannot act until N2, which is more than enough for us to lynch a scum (and perhaps the oppressor himself). It is a very powerful role for sure, though.

N1KF wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Norwee insulted onjit when he got voted by marshmallow and now has turned his back and started to vote marshmallow

town traitor townie

I don't know how the roles were distributed, but if the roles all have equal chances, it's actually more likely somebody will not be part of the town than be a part of it. (13 town vs. 4 mafia, 4 neutral, 6 neutral evil)

Is there ANY game in which roles are actually distributed like this lol? Because that is just balance hell xD. Playing in such a game when I expect a standard one would make my disappointment incommensurable, and would likewise ruin my day. Also, what does this have to do with the quoted post? I am confused.

#10 2022-07-11 00:24:43

Marshmallow Marshall

Norwee wrote:

I get performative vibes from this, as in not natural attempt to look useful like a townie vibes. That being said, I want to slap people who say this about me (especially since it happens basically every game lol), so... who knows. But still, I don't like  this.

Cool

Btw, Marshall so performative this game.

tenor.gif

#11 2022-07-11 00:31:42

Marshmallow Marshall

N1KF wrote:

Of course it's going to look performative, the game was barely started and somebody had to try and get something done.

My brain tells me that this is true, especially since I often have this exact reaction lol, but my heart does not wish to follow. I am deeply sorry. My heart and my brain will jointly reevaluate based on your future actions.

Also you wanted to eat marshmallows, you monster.

#12 2022-07-11 00:54:23

Marshmallow Marshall

ShadowsEdge wrote:

im divinely reading norwee's jester vibes

I high-heavenly read your read as wrong. If he's trying to get lynched, he's doing a poor job xD.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Mini, you should set up a marshmallow eating party tonight

giphy.gif

#13 2022-07-11 01:03:39

Marshmallow Marshall

Norwee wrote:

Oh wait, actually a lot of the slots i didn’t think had posted, had in fact posted. It was just not memorable enough.

READS FROM EVERYONE NOW

Norwee wrote:

!Vote Onjit

I have not forgotten about you, N1KF, but I do think this is a good initiative, and thus... :sheep:

!vote Onjit

#14 2022-07-11 21:15:28

Marshmallow Marshall

...damnit, this forum does not have autosave. My life just got MUCH worse lol. Rip walls //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

I guess I'll do it as I did a long time ago, spamming multiple posts instead of making big ones.

Norwee wrote:

I couldn’t disagree more about the decision to no lim today.
…but we have extremely little information today due to lack of engagement so i will concede that there might be more reason to just say "this day is pointless" and just skip it.

No lynch because "what if there's a town flagbearer" is a positively terrible idea (especially considering there IS an oppressor that WILL stop us from lynching freely later). This will always be a possibility, but tbh, I dare hope that if there really is a town flagbearer, there also is at least one town sentinel to warn us if we're lynching the flagbearer. Let's not throw the day away, or we just give a free kill to the mafia, relinquish one of our two oppressor-free days early on, and leave the Plaguebearer be.

Wooted by:

#15 2022-07-11 21:21:52

Marshmallow Marshall

mutantdevle wrote:

I get performative vibes from this, as in not natural attempt to look useful like a townie vibes.

What is it about what he's doing that looks *unnatural*?

N1KF wrote:

Of course it's going to look performative

It's interesting that you agree that you're being performative.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

i like shadow, norwee, marshmallow, and N1KF so far because they seem to be leading or at least have some sort of read

I'm very concerned if your attitude to town reads is to blindly trust the most vocal players. That makes you either a very manipulatable townie or someone who is looking for an easy way to generate reads.

Norwee wrote:
N1KF wrote:

This sorta came out of nowhere, since Onjit just made two edgy posts barely related to the game.

This why he is scum.

I'd expect this take from any of the people who are new to this forum. But someone like you who is familiar with Onjit should be fully expecting Onjit to do this kind of thing. So I find it very strange that you would think this.

I don't know, N1KF's post looked like "heyyy I want insights look at me!!" a little bit. However, I liked their reply (i.e. "nothing is happening, so someone has to do something"), despite not being entirely convinced right away. That being said, what I absolutely do not like here is you putting words in N1KF's mouth: never did he say that he was indeed performative (in the meaning of "just trying to look useful"). He said he was LOOKING performative because he was actually trying to do stuff, which absolutely makes sense from a town point of view.

!vote mutantdevle

#16 2022-07-11 21:26:31

Marshmallow Marshall

Norwee wrote:

I don’t buy the meta card sorry Mutant.

Aka: "Oh Onjit always does this"

I also have doubts, simply because he doesn't even appear to be trying to do much - however, the idea that it's just "his playstyle", no matter how unproductive and perhaps a little infuriating it may be, shouldn't be entirely ruled out.

mutantdevle wrote:
Norwee wrote:

I don’t buy the meta card sorry Mutant.

Aka: "Oh Onjit always does this"

It's not mafia meta. It's his personality. Regardless of his alignment or role he's gonna joke around a bit. I agree that his alignment would influence this behaviour, but not in any way that would be tangible to us. I don't believe that you genuinely think that Onjit's behaviour is scum.

I can't remember who said it but I agree that you're giving off jester vibes.

Silly goose, Norwee is basically one of the only people actually trying to do something. If he's not town, he's scum trying to gain towncred, but jester? ................no xD

If someone actually plays in a way that's detrimental to town and is actively non-towny over a long time, he's committing the heinous crime of not being towny and should die eventually.

#17 2022-07-11 21:34:35

Marshmallow Marshall

Norwee wrote:

What pinged me more about Mutant is how he seemed to be sermoning 2B for townreading certain players.
Like: "Oh no, you're not allowed to townread someone for that".

While it was not particularly impressive, I didn't see it as inherently bad, considering 2B did simply list the active players and say there were towny, which is a dangerous way to read people, since you end up giving free passes to deepwolves who are skilled with scum.

Wooted by:

#18 2022-07-11 21:41:51

Marshmallow Marshall

Onjit wrote:

i dont know what norbius expects from me lmao

like, if i had kept on memeing, he'd say "wow he isnt even responding to my posts and just joking around!"

but when i do say something serious and point out how odd it is that two people targetted me right off the bat for no apparent reason (and not just in a funny way either lol), I'm in "defensive mode"

idk i reckon you're clutching at straws and you know it

(btw i hope this post wasnt too serious/joking/devensive/aggressive/etc for you norbius)

!vote norbius

I don't know what he expects from you, but I do know that I expect content from you. Early posts were just fun and games to get the ball rolling, respecting the custom of FM games. The issue is, you joked a bit and then evaporated without giving ANY meaningful take whatsoever. You're also throwing yourself into the arms of people who say "oh no, it's just his meta", and then proceed to vote Norwee because... he accused you. The summary of your game is 5 letters: OMGUS.

You might be town (this kind of play as town is not unheard of), but you also very well might be disruptive scum. And if you're town, you're not helping your side as of right now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad. Any reads on people who aren't Norwee? (And if you say "yes, YOU'RE SCUM FOR QUESTIONING ME!", I will slap you lol)

#19 2022-07-12 02:27:17

Marshmallow Marshall

Norwee wrote:

The issue is that if Onjit shows up now it will effectively be because we forced his hand. I saw him online earlier too but he left without saying anything. So it's going to look really forced for him. Or he just continues to avoid.
I know this might be very repetitive bashing on the same player, but since nobody else has really said anything substantive other than Zelda's wrong take of "!sleep because town flagbearer" this is all i got to talk about. And i really like to talk.

That is very true, but it doesn't make what he will say when he actually begins playing seriously pointless. If he's scum going to blunder, he will blunder, even if it's later than sooner. And while he's absolutely not towny and is a better lynch than most other players, I would like to give him a chance to speak up for real today. However, if he's still like this tomorrow... only darkness and death awaits Onjit.

N1KF wrote:

Rereading posts yet again and saw Norwee wrote this on page 1:

Norwee wrote:

Hey you wanna claim major then all power to ya.
I ain't gonna judge.
No discrimination around these parts no sir.

Would a mayor reveal on day 1 be helpful? That would make an obvious nightkill target for the anti-town players, since they have a confirmed, useful townsperson.

Norwee then follows up with this joke, possibly to ease suspicions:

Norwee wrote:

As i am an scum of the mafia alignment i would like for the major to claim now.

I understand Norwee's activity is useful but I can see how he could be evil as well.

I think you may be reading a little too much into this: Norwee likes making that kind of jokes, and that's as any alignment. That's not about Mafia, that's just how he is lol. That being said, I am not saying Norwee is necessarily innocent: he could well be scum trying to take control of the town by being one of the very few posting things that are actually making the game move forward (i.e. non-horrible accusations and pushes). I just don't see this as a prevalent theory right now, considering he could just... shut up, if he were scum. It's not like he'd be an anomaly in this game, after all.

#20 2022-07-12 02:32:55

Marshmallow Marshall

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
!vote mutantdevle

isnt onjit a better vote than mutant? from what you're saying i think onjit is scummier.

also i dont think norwee is jester, if anything he's more like an executioner.

but i do agree with norwee and marshmallow now that i understand the reason

i also don't like zelda's take on !sleep'ing

I can see why you interpreted my posts that way, but no: Onjit is more anti-town (as in, his behavior is really detrimental to town because he makes himself an attention center over having so little content and being a beacon of OMGUS with like 5 posts lol), while Mutant is more scummy (as in, he looks like someone with scum intent trying to discredit people/frame narratives, see what I said about N1KF and "performative"). If Onjit does not change his ways, he will become very suspicious, but for now, I'd rather push what looks more like scum intent than potential "accidental" anti-town behavior.

And yes, if it even needs to be stated, sleeping is really bad lol. It means we have little information to work with tomorrow, as there is no flip and no pressure on scum, so vote count analysis and the like are less likely to reveal anything.

Wooted by:

#21 2022-07-12 02:41:19

Marshmallow Marshall

mutantdevle wrote:

That being said, what I absolutely do not like here is you putting words in N1KF's mouth: never did he say that he was indeed performative (in the meaning of "just trying to look useful"). He said he was LOOKING performative because he was actually trying to do stuff, which absolutely makes sense from a town point of view.

This is a fair point about what N1KF said; though, I don't appreciate the accusation that I was intentionally putting words in his mouth. To me, it felt like his statement was in agreement with what you said.

You not liking my accusation doesn't make it wrong //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I rest my case, although I guess it's technically possible you really misread N!KF's post.

ShadowsEdge wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

im just gonna

!vote Onjit

i also townread marshmallow more than norwee, i think marsh explained why they suspect onjit/mutant better than norwee, and by that i mean marsh saw things in a more neutral way? but also more detailed, and their reason still stands. while norwee was just aggressive

marsh also read other people's behavior more actively while norwee mainly focused on onjit

I would say I townread Norwee more, just because Norwee was under accusation, Marshmallow has hardly had anyone going for their head, except maybe Era and maybe Mutant. The way Marshmallow play seems towny, but could also be the works of a good scum player knowing how to look towny. Norwee would do the same, difference is Norwee seems like an exasperated town with trying to get town to participate and with accusations on him, whereas Marshmallow just seems calculating.

This is a certified Norwee Appreciation Post

Era joke-voted me, which doesn't count as anything lol (speaking of which, it's a little late for joke votes...)

But regarding me being "calculating", I'm just... calm enough?

#22 2022-07-12 06:26:47

Marshmallow Marshall

Era wrote:

You accused onjit at the very start over nothing before they even posted anything and then continued to push that narrative, that is quite suspicious to me. I am not sure why you think I would joke vote you.

Wait you mean that this #114 vote is serious?

Era wrote:

Good day fellow people of this fine town.

I have just arrived at this square and must say I am disqusted with your conduct towards onjit, for no reason whatsoever you are trying to lync them! As you are trying to make them quilty without cause this makes you quite suspicious to me. For this reason I vote to lync thee instead!

!vote Marshmallow Marshall

At that point, all I had done towards Onjit was blatant RVS and sheeping Norwee's call to vote unproductive people. Plus, your post was light-hearted, hence I thought you were kidding, especially considering there wasn't anything to seriously attack me on lol. If it's real, mind to elaborate and/or to update it based on what I have said? What about Mutant?

#23 2022-07-12 08:51:12

Marshmallow Marshall

You monsters.

#24 2022-07-21 09:02:16

Marshmallow Marshall

Hah, gg folks! I saw that Gladiator snipe with the flagbearer stuff, it was a good shot, Norwee. I also saw you hoping for me to be resurrected //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
and if the "EE" part hadn't been pointed out, I wouldnt have figured despite playing a game here lol...

Overall, this was really fun while it lasted, even though it didn't last very long xD. I'm glad I was right about Mutant, too. I'd be glad to replay with y'all!

I still can't believe I got lynched D1 for actually having a case against someone instead of pushing for sleep

Wooted by: (3)

#25 2022-07-21 09:03:58

Marshmallow Marshall

N1KF wrote:

The serial killer is alive in all your hearts //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Scawwy ;-;

I don't want to have my poor heart stabbed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Marshmallow Marshall1658506235795175

Board footer