Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-09 00:58:22, last edited by Minimania (2022-07-21 10:14:48)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Mafia 51 - Secret Weapon [TOWN + GLADIATOR + SURVIVOR WIN!!!]

wtsmULg.png

Welcome to Mafia 51 - Secret Weapon. We are looking at unprecedented, troubling times. A plague is tearing through the country, and your government needs your help. Our sources have tracked an infected individual that may be in your area. In order to limit the spread of the plague, we are implementing new measures to help limit the spread of the disease. From now on, you are no longer allowed to go outside of your house at night. Food and necessities are to be rationed. You are no longer allowed to leave this town. Anyone who does not comply with these measures will undergo a democratic trial held by your town’s population, and may potentially be sentenced to death. To ensure these practices stay in place, we have dispatched government agents to help with the transition process. Your democratically elected mayor will be taking a back seat in this transition. Do not climb the wall we have built around town. Please note that we are only doing this for the safety of this town and its important member(s). Do not disobey.

Here are the rules that must be followed at all times:

Game Rules

This game is a semi-open setup, so you will not know what roles are in the game to start. Here is the setup.

Setup

Here are some rulings regarding the game if anyone is confused:

Rulings

Here is a list of commands that you can perform during the game:

Commands

Here's a guide on how to vote and use BBCode for anyone unfamiliar with how these forums work:

How to Vote

Here is how the Town Rolecard ID template looks:

eyxVfrK.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the player list.

Player List:

1. AllenCaspe9510
2. 2B55B5G TNG (she/her)
3. Abiqi
4. Mutantdevle - Oppressor: Bulletproof, Flagbearer
5. ShadowsEdge - Mayor: ???, ???
6. Norwee - Gladiator: ???, ???
7. N1KF - ??? - Breadcrumb, ???
8. Onjit
9. MartenM
10. ExFabian
11. Althea - Undertaker: Hammering, Hated
12. ZeldaXD - Jailor: Reporting, Roaming
13. IrrelevantGaymer (they/them)
14. Era
15. Marshmallow Marshall - Nurse: Loud, Roaming

Host: Minimania (Next/Victim)

The game started Sunday, July 10, 2022 at Midnight (12:00 am) PST.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#2 2022-07-10 15:11:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 51 - Secret Weapon [TOWN + GLADIATOR + SURVIVOR WIN!!!]

Just to adjust people's expectations of me (for those that know me), due to my irl purposes, I am not going to be as active as I used to be when we regularly played mafia. I quit mafia because my life got busy and that very much still stands, I just felt like coming out of retirement a little for what looks like a fun game more out of nostalgia than anything else. That said, I fully intend to keep up with the game in terms of reading and, knowing me, I'll still treat you all to a few walls of text here and there //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2022-07-11 13:02:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

I get performative vibes from this, as in not natural attempt to look useful like a townie vibes.

What is it about what he's doing that looks *unnatural*?

N1KF wrote:

Of course it's going to look performative

It's interesting that you agree that you're being performative.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

i like shadow, norwee, marshmallow, and N1KF so far because they seem to be leading or at least have some sort of read

I'm very concerned if your attitude to town reads is to blindly trust the most vocal players. That makes you either a very manipulatable townie or someone who is looking for an easy way to generate reads.

Norwee wrote:
N1KF wrote:

This sorta came out of nowhere, since Onjit just made two edgy posts barely related to the game.

This why he is scum.

I'd expect this take from any of the people who are new to this forum. But someone like you who is familiar with Onjit should be fully expecting Onjit to do this kind of thing. So I find it very strange that you would think this.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#4 2022-07-11 13:08:00

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
Abiqi wrote:

Am I the only one who expects the Coroner or Undertaker here? I want those damn cards flipped

also i think an interesting thing to think about is, if there's an undertaker and we know who they are, do we lynch them? or do we keep them alive to ensure that rolecards flip (assuming coroner doesn't exist for whatever reason)

I'd say we do lynch them. It definitely sounds to me like there will be multiple coroners/undertakers in the game. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't any of either as that would be a little cruel. From a game design perspective, given the number of possible roles and modifiers in the game + third parties, it wouldn't make any sense for flips to be something that is easily lost.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#5 2022-07-11 13:28:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Norwee wrote:

I don’t buy the meta card sorry Mutant.

Aka: "Oh Onjit always does this"

It's not mafia meta. It's his personality. Regardless of his alignment or role he's gonna joke around a bit. I agree that his alignment would influence this behaviour, but not in any way that would be tangible to us. I don't believe that you genuinely think that Onjit's behaviour is scum.

I can't remember who said it but I agree that you're giving off jester vibes.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#6 2022-07-11 22:43:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
Norwee wrote:

2b and Marshall are still my townreads.

can you explain why

I'd like to hear your answer to this too @Norwee

Norwee wrote:
MartenM wrote:

Seems to make sense to me. A bit too much willing to put a target on someone.

It's really too early to make any sense of this right now. There is not much to go off, except some people putting targets on themself.

You know i think it’s just that you are all so incredibly passive, it’s kinda ticking me off ngl //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Not easy for me to fit in when my playstyle is to aggressively hunt the scum.

To be fair, I can't remember ever successfully lynching someone day 1 - and we've definitely tried. I dunno about the games y'all played after I stopped though.

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

That being said, what I absolutely do not like here is you putting words in N1KF's mouth: never did he say that he was indeed performative (in the meaning of "just trying to look useful"). He said he was LOOKING performative because he was actually trying to do stuff, which absolutely makes sense from a town point of view.

This is a fair point about what N1KF said; though, I don't appreciate the accusation that I was intentionally putting words in his mouth. To me, it felt like his statement was in agreement with what you said.

Norwee wrote:

What pinged me more about Mutant is how he seemed to be sermoning 2B for townreading certain players.
Like: "Oh no, you're not allowed to townread someone for that".

Again, this feels like a bad take from you to me. And somewhat ironically to my prior statement to Marshmallow, I would accuse you of deliberately twisting my words here and attempting to mock my argument. I'm not criticising 2B for "townreading certain players", my criticism was very specifically about him declaring that he thinks all the vocal people are trustworthy. You know as well as most that being active and helpful does not automatically make you a townie.

N1KF wrote:

Would a mayor reveal on day 1 be helpful?

Definitely not, but to be fair I don't think Norwee was being serious. We don't know for certain that there are any protective roles in the game so I don't think anybody should be taking that gamble.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#7 2022-07-12 00:13:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Sorry 2B and N1KF, I do know your pronouns I just wasn't thinking about pronouns when I wrote that post. I'll be sure to be conscious of who I am talking about when posting in the future.

N1KF wrote:

mutantdevle, is there anybody you're suspicious of? You've written a lot but haven't posted any sus readings yet.

Yes. I was originally not planning to give any reads today, but in writing this post I've changed my mind, so see the end for my reads thus far.

Norwee wrote:

Maybe i've just gotten spoiled then cus most sites i've played mafia on since the last game on this site which was forever ago, i've been in company where most players do indeed agree that day 1 elimination is superior to skipping day 1.

Yeah, lynching day 1 is 100% the way to go. No self-respecting mafia site would let itself have a meta of not lynching day 1. But EE is not a mafia site, its mafia games are much more casual and it doesn't have the activity to support day 1 lynching. I gave up trying to convince people that day 1 lynching is optimal years ago. I admit that there is more of a chance of getting a lynch through today due to the outside influence of other mafia players, but I don't have the necessary effort in me to help fight for that.

Norwee wrote:

I'd explain the reasoning but it might go over your head due to how advanced they are.

What is the point of this comment?

Norwee is the only person I'd say I'm suspicious of so far. It's still early game so reasons for criticising others are never going to be the strongest things ever, but I feel like Norwee's attacks against others have been weak because they should know better about the things they are criticising. Norwee has also dodged questions asked and instead has focussed on keeping attention elsewhere. In general, I just feel that they are being intentionally difficult and so far have come across to me as manipulative.

2B I have a strong town read on. She has made an effort to explain her thoughts without always being asked to and when she has been questioned on things I have liked her responses.

Marshmallow and N1KF are slight town so far. I don't have too much of an explanation for these, I just like what they've been doing. I guess the difference is that N1KF is behaving how I'd expect a town person familiar with EE mafia to be behaving and Marshmallow is behaving how I'd expect a town person who is unfamiliar with EE mafia to be behaving.

Everyone else I don't really have an opinion on yet nor do I feel like I have anything to add to the discussions surrounding others.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#8 2022-07-12 09:20:23

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I'm very grateful to still be alive and I'll be sure to make sure you guys don't regret it but like... wtf was that utter assassination of Marshmallow??

Norwee wrote:

Marshall i hope i’m not wrong in thinking you were indeed scum with that incredibly vague last post of yours after being chosen for elimination.

I think this is a good point, but regardless, that vote switch at the end is completely bizarre.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#9 2022-07-13 10:59:54

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

This is literally the worst situation possible. I am very glad that y'all have taken such extreme actions without me even replying //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I am a Coroner with the rolemodifiers bulletproof and flagbearer.

Hence why I was so confident that there will be at least 1 coroner in the game and why I said this:

mutantdevle wrote:

I'm very grateful to still be alive and I'll be sure to make sure you guys don't regret it

I suspect that the reason there is no kill is because I was attacked last night.

Norwee wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

I think this is a good point, but regardless, that vote switch at the end is completely bizarre.

This harsh dig at Onjit because he voted Marshmallow at end of day doesn't seem partnered, Onjit/Mutantdevle less likely allied.
Onjit could still be neutral evil but not mafia imo.

This comment was more about N1KF than Onjit. Though I suspect that N1KF is a sentinel, who can now reveal themselves to save me?

I'm gonna have to

!vote Norwee

because they've forced the vote between us.

Right now I wish I could be questioning Era though because I'm not even sure if they intended that as a role claim/accusation or if it was just a fun picture to accompany their vote?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#10 2022-07-13 11:13:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Norwee wrote:

There is nothing to gain for town from voting me. !TownMutant would know this. Instead he immediately goes for agression and tries to have me killed.

Are you kidding? We literally lose if I get lynched. Why would I not want you dead instead of me?

I would agree that it isn't worth voting you, if it wasn't for the fact that you've literally forced the vote between us.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#11 2022-07-13 11:14:12

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Norwee wrote:

This is literally an claim designed to make it "Ohhh 2scary" to eliminate him when he is caught.

You're never going to entertain my claim no matter what it is. You're only objective now is to have me lynched.

As much as you would like to say you are sided with the town, and I am sure that was your original intention, your only purpose now is to convince people that I am not worth listening to.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#12 2022-07-13 11:14:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Basically, the truth is 100% irrelevant to you now.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#13 2022-07-13 11:15:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Norwee wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
Norwee wrote:

There is nothing to gain for town from voting me. !TownMutant would know this. Instead he immediately goes for agression and tries to have me killed.

Are you kidding? We literally lose if I get lynched. Why would I not want you dead instead of me?

I would agree that it isn't worth voting you, if it wasn't for the fact that you've literally forced the vote between us.

You can also note no elimination. That was my point. Did you even read up to now?

Is that actually an option? I assumed it wasn't given the nature of your role.

A no elimination is not in your interests though. You'd never allow that to happen.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#14 2022-07-13 11:17:42

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Norwee wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Basically, the truth is 100% irrelevant to you now.

From your POV Era would be confirmed scum. Instead of trying to talk about the implications this has for you, you only care about elimming me.

No, the only thing I care about right now is not letting my entire faction lose the game on day 2...

Obviously I do strongly think Era is scum. But that is very literally an issue for another day right now.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

Era

#15 2022-07-13 11:19:21

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Though tbh, the one conciliation with my death is that a game of mafia versus pestilence with a whole bunch of people without purpose just randomly about the town would be hilarious to watch.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#16 2022-07-13 11:22:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Norwee wrote:

I'll bring out some more details about why Era's claim is trustworthy once Mutant is done clowning.

I doubt I have anything more to say until N1KF gets on. So you do you.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#17 2022-07-13 11:25:30

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Also, just to make my stance on Norwee clear. I don't care whether we lynch them or vote to skip the vote. I'm not prepared to waste my time arguing for either direction there. My focus right now is 100% on survival.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#18 2022-07-13 11:50:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

This comment was more about N1KF than Onjit. Though I suspect that N1KF is a sentinel, who can now reveal themselves to save me?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png

Not just the vote itself, she also asked for my reads without ever questioning my alignment. That made me begin to suspect that she knew my alignment and hence why I said I was slightly town reading them. Their comment at the end of the day about how I had the most votes and that the vote could easily be swayed + then following that up with ensuring someone else instead of me got lynched just solidified that feeling.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#19 2022-07-13 16:24:25

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ZeldaXD wrote:

Do you have any reason for suspecting this or is it just because you claim to be bulletproof? For all we know, it could be because N1KF was jailed last night.

No, it's just speculation. There's definitely a range of explanations for a lack of any night kills. If I was the target of the night kill though, then I could see that as motivation behind why Era has made this claim against me. But again, just speculation there.

Norwee wrote:

Bulletproof Flagbearer Coroner is such an meme claim.

If by your own admission it is a meme claim, what possible motivation would I have for making it? You honestly think I'm just "having a laugh" here??

Also, I think my modifiers make sense tbh. I was thinking that the reason for it is that it forces people to get rid of me through voting, hence making the flagbearer status more significant. Marshmellow's flip makes me think that I am right in that logic as it is clear that everyone's modifiers are thematic and purposely chosen. Eg. one of yours is voting related when your objective is to lynch me.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#20 2022-07-13 19:49:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Norwee wrote:
Abiqi wrote:

Of course okay bulletproof flagbearer coroner does sound ridiculous, but everything is possible for the lols

If so, why would they assign mutantdevle as their execution target. Each night the executioner can change their target at will. And Mutant is one of the more competent players here so i doubt they would choose them as their priority execution lim.

Are we certain Era would know that? Also, as you've said, there is a distinct lack of roles which can mess with investigation results. Any claim was bound to be believed without question.

Are you joining Norwee in the act of completely misrepresenting my arguments? I have stated quite firmly that I would have no interest in voting out the execution if it weren't for the fact that they are trying to kill me and I have also said that lynching Norwee is not something I'm arguing for. I'm just as happy voting to skip the vote. It's entirely down to everyone else whether we lynch norwee or skip the vote.

Also, literally where is N1KF? She was so active yesterday and I'm still fairly confident she can clear everything up here. Though ngl I am starting to feel more and more hopeless.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#21 2022-07-13 19:54:08

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Voting out the exectutioner*

Also, to be fair, I did go into the night willing to vote norwee today since I did scum read them. But I fully agree that voting out an executioner who is willing to side with the town is a bad thing to do. It's just unfortunate that the executioner decided to 1v1 someone that we literally cannot let die.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#22 2022-07-13 22:10:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

This is honestly hilarious

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#23 2022-07-13 22:11:46

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Y'all spent so much time saying how ridiculous it was that I could be the flagbearer and now that it suits your narrative you're finally willing to believe it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#24 2022-07-13 22:13:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Norwee is going to do everything in their power to get me lynched today. They literally lose if they don't.

Onjit is 100% scum. They know if they lynch me now they've eliminated an entire faction. All they'd have to do then is find the pestilence and kill them.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#25 2022-07-13 22:17:56

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Either way you look at it, we've already found two of the mafia. Either the mafia is me + Althea or Era + Onjit. All I'm asking is that you give me an opportunity to prove myself.

I mean think about it, if Althea and I are mafia then how long are we actually going to survive for? As soon as any of Onjit, Era or Althea die, we will immediately know the truth. At most, we'd live another 2 days and that's it.

There is literally no need to lynch me today when the facts are so provable.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Marshmallow Marshall1658506235795175

Board footer