Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2020-12-01 21:33:47, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-01 21:41:02)

Minisaurus
Banned

Re: Dear Staff, get a lawyer

I hope the staff take the right decision by completely obliterating the compromised graphics as a chance to avoid a catastrophe for the game.
The staff should swallow it´s pride and emonional connection to those old graphics and simply remove them for EE&EEO. (By deletion/replacing/shutdown). And continue not using copied graphics for EEU.

#127 2020-12-01 21:41:42

Different55
Forum Admin

Minisaurus wrote:

I hope the staff take the right decision by completely obliterating the compromised graphics as a chance to avoid a catastrophe for the game.
The staff should swallow it´s pride and emonional connection to those old graphics and simply remove them. (By deletion/replacing/shutdown).

Please stop. You have switched your viewpoints so often I'm getting vertigo. You started this topic trying to poke the bear into saying "Yeah, it's fine to use those graphics." Do not try and pretend that you've been wanting these graphics purged all along, because that's what the staff were already doing before you came along. All you need to do is stop doing anything.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#128 2020-12-01 21:43:25

Minisaurus
Banned

Different55 wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

The staff should swallow it´s pride and emonional connection to those old graphics and simply remove them. (By deletion/replacing/shutdown).

Please stop. You have switched your viewpoints so often I'm getting vertigo. You started this topic trying to poke the bear into saying "Yeah, it's fine to use those graphics." Do not try and pretend that you've been wanting these graphics purged all along, because that's what the staff were already doing before you came along. All you need to do is stop doing anything.

Debate is to try to change the mind of the other, I made this topic to debate.

I have evolved my thoughts in the while, I hope the staff now start taking the right choices.

Wooted by:

#129 2020-12-01 21:44:56

John

Minisaurus wrote:

And what is steal in the first place?

There is a ton of ways to refute that it is not steal in any way.
Are we stealing smileys? No way.
Are we stealing assets? No way.

So EE as a whole is completely free of any legal issue, it is really dissapointing how the staff thinks they are stealing when they are not, making that minor changes in the graphics to add them to EEU is pointless as all graphics are from EE and EE haven´t infrict any law NEVER.

Minisaurus wrote:

The staff should swallow it´s pride and emonional connection to those old graphics and simply remove them for EE&EEO. (By deletion/replacing/shutdown). And continue not using copied graphics for EEU.

tenor.gif

PW?scale=2

#130 2020-12-01 21:45:59, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-01 21:53:38)

Minisaurus
Banned

Yeah, that is why it is important to speak out, to develop new thoughts.
And don´t take me wrong, I still think those graphics are not stolen, but to prove it it would require a lawyer that represent the staff in a lawsuit (Not simply advice), that do cost money.
If the "copied" graphics are not debated in a lawsuit against Nintendo, then those should never be used.

Deleting and replacing those graphics is free.

All what I am doing is increasing the amount of thoughts, and improving past ones.
Many of the people in this topic are stuck with the same close minded thoughts, doing nothing about anything. I want the staff to start taking action about this important issue with copied graphics before it is too later.

Wooted by:

#131 2020-12-01 21:48:22

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

EE!Online will die in less than a month and it will never be a problem again.

EE could remain playable with online multiplayer as a legacy version for those who want to keep playing it.

EEO will never be noticed by Nintendo, or at least it won't be if they don't read your dumb email.  It also doesn't make any money.

EEO could be available for free on Steam or other digital stores. Once it gets ported to JavaScript it can also be available on the same web portals EE is on already. If it got submitted to one of Nintendo's digital stores, they'd probably notice.

EEU will never be a threat or competition to Nintendo

EEU could become a surprise success and go viral, as other indie games have done.

EEO is going to be played by like 40 people tops

EEO could be remembered fondly by many people and get attention as a standalone game, especially if given a makeover.

I'm frustrated that people here have attitudes like this. Why restrict the potential of the EE franchise? That doesn't help it grow. If EE grows it will need to survive in all forms as its own legal entity.

#132 2020-12-01 21:53:54

icepegasus

N1KF wrote:

EEO could be available for free on Steam or other digital stores. Once it gets ported to JavaScript it can also be available on the same web portals EE is on already. If it got submitted to one of Nintendo's digital stores, they'd probably notice.

Who the **** ever said anything about publishing EEO to steam or porting it to js?

user.php?id=icepegasus

#133 2020-12-01 21:54:52

Different55
Forum Admin

N1KF wrote:

EEO is going to be played by like 40 people tops

EEO could be remembered fondly by many people and get attention as a standalone game, especially if given a makeover.

I'm frustrated that people here have attitudes like this. Why restrict the potential of the EE franchise? That doesn't help it grow. If EE grows it will need to survive in all forms as its own legal entity.

Nobody here is limiting the EE franchise but Mini. And as soon as he realized it, he tried to justify it by complaining that the staff aren't doing what they actually are.

Mini, right now that's what you're doing. Posting about "I sure hope the staff start taking the proper actions" long after they all shouted at you that they already were all along.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#134 2020-12-01 21:55:26, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-01 21:58:26)

Minisaurus
Banned

icepegasus wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Who the **** ever said anything about publishing EEO to steam or porting it to js?

N1KF wrote:

EEO could be available for free on Steam

The problem with many people is that they skip words, you skipped the word COULD.
And don´t be so prideful, there will be future developers/staff team that migh make that happen.

Different55 wrote:

Nobody here is limiting the EE franchise but Mini. And as soon as he realized it, he tried to justify it by complaining that the staff aren't doing what they actually are.

Surely you like going in a loop. Move on.

Wooted by:

#135 2020-12-01 21:59:29

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

icepegasus wrote:
N1KF wrote:

I did //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#136 2020-12-01 22:04:33

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99

How many pages do you think this'll hit, 10 maybe 15

#137 2020-12-01 22:04:59

icepegasus

Minisaurus wrote:

The problem with many people is that they skip words, you skipped the word COULD.
And don´t be so prideful, there will be future developers/staff team that migh make that happen.

I never skipped any word. The word "could" means it might happen, whilst noone has ever considered even publishing EEO on steam nor porting it to JS. Saying that just gives the wrong impression that such a thing might happen, while it won't.

user.php?id=icepegasus

#138 2020-12-01 22:32:04

Different55
Forum Admin

Minisaurus wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Surely you like going in a loop. Move on.

No loop here, I'm stuck on a single point. You need to stop. You aren't accomplishing anything. What you desire is already being done. Mission accomplished. Except it wasn't your mission to begin with, and all you are achieving is drawing ill will to yourself. There are no points left to be made, everyone is in agreement and yet you are somehow still here, whining about things that are in progress as if they aren't even under consideration.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#139 2020-12-01 22:41:03

John

I actually haven't seen Billy Madison but I feel I need to now. It's also too bad we're not getting inertia from this.

PW?scale=2

#140 2020-12-01 22:42:29

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

icepegasus wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

The problem with many people is that they skip words, you skipped the word COULD.

I never skipped any word. The word "could" means it might happen, whilst noone has ever considered even publishing EEO on steam nor porting it to JS. Saying that just gives the wrong impression that such a thing might happen, while it won't.

Ok so you're telling me
I went through all the trouble to make another lengthy, detailed topic for preserving the legacy of the EE franchise as I've been doing for years
and nobody on the staff team even CONSIDERED the possibility that i MIGHT be onto something?
and now you're confirming it WON'T happen?

Have you ee staff seriously fallen for the train of restrictive thinking most people here have? That EE is dead, should be dead, and we're abandoning ship and dumping all resources into EEU hoping that solves all our problems? I've talked with Xeno a little bit about the possibilities with EEO a while back and he wasn't as close-minded as your post is about what can be done with EEO. I hope this is just your own interpretation and not an official statement, because if the staff really want to pound that nail into the EE coffin then I'm not letting them off easy.

I get that it's nothing personal. I'm really attached to my view that EE should be preserved with dignity. But all of this is really getting on my nerves. The silence from the EE staff, how dismissive people are to other users like Minisaurus who care about EE, and now how you're abandoning the possibility to bring EE to new heights.

#141 2020-12-01 22:45:55

Different55
Forum Admin

N1KF wrote:
icepegasus wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

Ok so you're telling me
I went through all the trouble to make another lengthy, detailed topic for preserving the legacy of the EE franchise as I've been doing for years
and nobody on the staff team even CONSIDERED the possibility that i MIGHT be onto something?
and now you're confirming it WON'T happen?

Have you ee staff seriously fallen for the train of restrictive thinking most people here have? That EE is dead, should be dead, and we're abandoning ship and dumping all resources into EEU hoping that solves all our problems? I've talked with Xeno a little bit about the possibilities with EEO a while back and he wasn't as close-minded as your post is about what can be done with EEO. I hope this is just your own interpretation and not an official statement, because if the staff really want to pound that nail into the EE coffin then I'm not letting them off easy.

I get that it's nothing personal. I'm really attached to my view that EE should be preserved with dignity. But all of this is really getting on my nerves. The silence from the EE staff, how dismissive people are to other users like Minisaurus who care about EE, and now how you're abandoning the possibility to bring EE to new heights.

I would recommend splitting this off into its own discussion, for its own sake. It does not benefit from being in this place.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#142 2020-12-01 22:56:10

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Different55 wrote:

I would recommend splitting this off into its own discussion, for its own sake. It does not benefit from being in this place.

Yeah I realized I was branching off the main topic, but I thought that maybe a mod could split this. I plan to make a big topic explaining what I want from EE, so that could also be a good chance to talk about this more.

#143 2020-12-01 23:05:05, last edited by Different55 (2020-12-01 23:08:13)

Different55
Forum Admin

Sure thing. Before I do go splitting this off, you should know that pretty much everyone in here has the game's best interests at heart, even (most of) the people just meme-ing around. Mini's views previously were incredibly naive and potentially dangerous if his plans had any chance of success, and have changed to more or less match the hive mind's. For good reason.

At this point the only thing left here is frustration that he's seemingly ignoring the fact that everyone else has already had this opinion for quite a while and is already working on it. Mini is not the only person to care about the game, only the newest person to believe that the stolen graphics are potentially radioactive, an entirely separate issue.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#144 2020-12-01 23:07:58

Different55
Forum Admin

Doesn't seem to be a real clean split. I can still split it, but then both conversations would have noticeable holes in them. I think it's best to create a new discussion on this linking back to the existing one.

- ShinsukeIto

#145 2020-12-01 23:24:10

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

Wait why not just replace the graphics in EE instead of shutting it down?

We don't get to decide that. If Nintendo decides they want the games to shut down, we don't have the power to negotiate. We can't just say "oh actually we can just change the graphics". The only thing we could do is preemptively change the graphics out of fear of an incoming lawsuit, but we don't really want to have other graphics in EEO if we can avoid it.

Ideally, what we'd want to happen is shut down EE within the month, have EEO continue on without having to replace any graphics, and have EEU go on to have a prosperous future. By raising the issue of the stolen graphics directly to Nintendo, mini risks any of the following happening:
- Ask us to replace the offending graphics in EEO, not the worst but I'm sure everyone would agree it would be nice to keep the EE graphics.
- Ask us to shut EE down early and to stop distribution of EEO, a very unsatisfying end to EE. We do not have the legal power to debate this request into the above option.
- Sue/fine us, again, we do not have the legal power to debate this into either of the previous 2 options and them doing this would bankrupt EEU to completely wipe out any future for the game.

If any of those options were to happen, it would 100% be Minisaurus's fault. Nintendo discovering us in the future would not matter anywhere near as much because EE would already have shut down, EEO does not provide profit and we likely will not be developing it after it's release, EEU does not use any stolen graphics, and if we truly were in a position where we became big enough for Nintendo to find us on their own then chances are the game would also be in a good enough financial position to defend itself.

The only good thing here is that it is incredibly unlikely that Nintendo will even see or care about what mini has to say. But if they do, we are in no position to argue with anything they request that we do.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#146 2020-12-02 00:02:41

Raphe9000

mutantdevle wrote:

If any of those options were to happen, it would 100% be Minisaurus's fault. Nintendo discovering us in the future would not matter anywhere near as much because EE would already have shut down, EEO does not provide profit and we likely will not be developing it after it's release, EEU does not use any stolen graphics, and if we truly were in a position where we became big enough for Nintendo to find us on their own then chances are the game would also be in a good enough financial position to defend itself.

Nah, it's staff's fault for not fixing the issue before someone decided to tattle https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

If Nintendo doesn't reply to you Minisaurus, I encourage you to continue to email Nintendo and tell them that if what EE did is allowed you will create a game using Nintendo graphics or slight alterations of their graphics. Ya know, just to encourage them to reply. In addition, I suggest that you forward this entire thread to their legal team. Not because it contains staff admissions that the graphics are stolen that could be used in court against EE, no, but because Nintendo needs to see the passion of the fans and how upset they are at the possibility of the game being shut down.

Wooted by:

#147 2020-12-02 00:08:28, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-02 00:30:02)

Minisaurus
Banned

mutantdevle wrote:

If any of those options were to happen, it would 100% be Minisaurus's fault.

1) Did I made that graphics? No.
2) Was Nintendo going to figure out about EEO anyway? Yes

Go try sue me, it would be easier than suing Nintendo right?
I dare the staff to try to sue me because they think I tried to savotage the game.

I has been with the game all this time, the staff is really having as a detrimental behaviour as they think I do, the staff should truly start to look to their behaviour because it is not doing any well to the game reputation.

The staff is so incapacitated and undisciplined to run the game that it would not be surprise they mess up the only job they had, to keep the game alive.

Go try blame the community, that would be the EE staff ultimate fault.
Go try blame me, that would be stupid, unnecesary and a potential defamation.

Is the staff truly going to attempt to defamate me for their own responsibilities?
The staff is truly having the worst behaviour ever, this is so embarrassing for a game company.

Wooted by:

#148 2020-12-02 00:18:52

icepegasus

Minisaurus wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

If any of those options were to happen, it would 100% be Minisaurus's fault.

1) Did I made that graphics? No.
2) Was Nintendo going to figure out about EEO anyway? Yes

Go try sue me, it would be easier than suing Nintendo right?
I dare the staff to try to sue me because they think I tried to savotage the game.

I has been with the game all this time, the staff is really having as a detrimental behaviour as they think I do, the staff should truly start to look to their behaviour because it is not doing any well to the game reputation.

The staff is so incapacitated and undisciplined to run the game that it would not be surprise they mess up the only job they had, to keep the game alive.

Go try blame the community, that would be the EE staff ultimate fault.
Go try blame me, that would be stupid, unnecesary and a potential defamation.

You keep blaming us the staff, and you keep saying that we aren't doing stuff right, and that we are blaming the community
Open your damn eyes. Noone here supports your actions

user.php?id=icepegasus

#149 2020-12-02 00:20:34, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-12-02 00:27:58)

Minisaurus
Banned

icepegasus wrote:

Noone here supports your actions

And what are that actions?
To communicate with Nintendo and FB?
I wasn´t  expecting anyone to support that action.

It was going to happen anyway, don´t try to blame me because I accelerated what was going to happen anyway.
I am warning the staff that EEO is a real danger for EEU.
(Not EEO itself but the stolen graphics).

The staff plan to do nothing about it, if we are doomed, it is because the staff won´t take any action at all.
The plan to keep the stolen graphics for EEO is very dangerous for the game future.

If the staff do so, then that won´t be graphics that were created by Chris Benjaminsen staff, but the actual staff who continued using that graphics knowing that those were stolen from Nintendo and even so used those stolen graphics for their "new" game EEO.

#150 2020-12-02 00:28:59

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Minisaurus wrote:

I wasn´t  expecting anyone to support that action.

Usually a sign of something you shouldn't do.

Minisaurus wrote:

It was going to happen anyway

You keep saying this based on literally nothing.

Minisaurus wrote:

don´t try to blame me because I accelerated what was going to happen anyway.

You deserve 100% of the blame for something that you did apropos of nothing.

Minisaurus wrote:

I am warning the staff that EEO is a real danger for EEU.

Minisaurus wrote:

The plan to keep the stolen graphics for EEO is very dangerous for the game future.

Without people like you, it's not.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by: (3)
Cola11607374010786785

Board footer