Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-17 14:01:08

MatiasMyles
Banned

Do you honestly think EEU is going to be successful??

I'm pretty sure most of you have tried EEU yet, I'm not very convinced by it. The physics aren't as smooth as EE and it feels very rushed (even though it has been a WIP for the past 2 years now). The graphics don't really feel like an EE game, it truly feels like I'm playing an entirely different game tbh.
I personally hope it will be successful, but I don't think it will be. What do you guys think of it?

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2020-09-17 15:37:59, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-09-17 16:02:45)

Minisaurus
Banned

Re: Do you honestly think EEU is going to be successful??

Are you a new member in this community?
There is a pending task for EEU staff: To track and collect new member´s feedback for EEU, that because almost everyone that has tried EE for some time feels that EEU physics are currently crap, so new members feedback is helping to figure out if EEU physics are actually such bad or older players are just biased because their past experience in EE.

So, it really helpful to hear from new players that they feel that EEU physics are terrible, it makes us the veterans of EE, to know that we were right about it and might also help the current developers of EEU to realize that they need to start fixing the currently horrendous EEU physics.

I personally think that there is 0% chances for EEU to success with its current physics, I don´t play EEU just because that, I averagely play 2-3 new games every day (When I have no work to do I spend my time playing games), and EEU is one of the games that has the worst physics of any game I ever tried.
EE and EEU comparisson of physics really shows that little details in physics makes a big difference.

P.S: I would not call perpetual agonization a success.

About graphics, I got very mad when I heard for first time that EEU would have vector graphics instead of pixel graphics. I personally would prefer to keep pixel style graphics, it gives the game a retro feeling and also helps it to differentiate from other modern games, anyway, vectors can provide some advantages over pixel graphics, inclusively, vector graphics could be adjusted to look like they are actually pixel graphics. (Something that won´t be used tho).
I think it is too late for EEU to switch to other graphic style, but who know, maybe a new staff team might do the big step to reverse graphic style to EE style for EEU or even allow texture mods, that would make possible to have different graphic styles for the whole game depending on the graphic "mod" you are using. (switching from pixel to vector style as the players prefer the most).

Wooted by:

#3 2020-09-17 16:19:30

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

yes its the best game ever
among us been out for 2 years and y'all never heard of it well look where we are now

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#4 2020-09-17 16:41:20

Gosha

no

#5 2020-09-17 17:00:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

TaskManager wrote:

yes its the best game ever
among us been out for 2 years and y'all never heard of it well look where we are now

hey maybe among us is successful because it has vision blockers

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2020-09-17 18:08:23

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

It depends what you define as success. If the game reaches 100~ players online consistently I'd see that as a success. I'd ideally like to see it reach EE's peak of ~2000 players online consistently. I truly believe that EEU has the potential to reach both of those milestones but A LOT needs to be done in order to achieve that.

There was a period of a few weeks where I played EEU a fair bit and I don't think the physics are as bad as people make them out to be. As a veteran, it definitely took a while to adjust to the slightly different physics - but the only part of the controls I'd describe as 'bad' would be that the jump delay is too short.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#7 2020-09-17 18:13:52

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Like with the thread in Q&A, OP is a spambot that copies existing posts.

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 14#p773614

If you want to continue this discussion, do it in the original thread. Locking.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:
Tomahawk1600362832784777

Board footer