Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-27 11:26:39, last edited by Onjit (2020-04-02 12:53:55)

Onjit
Website

Mafia 44 [Host Modkilled]

Hi, welcome to Mafia 44: Court is in Session!

Yeah all the roles are court themed, lets see how it goes.

The basic rules are the same as usual, basically try to post relatively often (although given COVID-19 I'm expecting excuses like "I was at school" to be less believable), and don't be a ****.
There's a few important rule changes though:

1. This game will end at the end of Day 5. No exceptions, no matter who, if anyone, has won.
2. Almost everyone can use the "!vote X" command, but only votes from the Jury will actually count.
3. The final vote count will not be revealed, only the result.
4. If the Jury votes result in a tie, there will be an extra 24 hours given for people to only vote for the players that are tied. If it results in a tie again, there will be no lynch.
5. The "Judge" role has the power to cancel a lynch, so there may be a delay between when the votes close to when the results are revealed.

Role List

Hidden text

Living Players

• Buzzerbee

• kira

• peace

• 2b55b5g tng

• edilights

• shadowsedge

• asdruska

• taskmanager

• AllenCaspe9510

• Pqwerty

• mrjawapa

• Andymakeer

• Crybaby

:.|:;

#2 2020-03-27 18:44:17

Pqwerty

Re: Mafia 44 [Host Modkilled]

I just thought the Prosecutor's vote just didn't count, like all the other non-jury roles. I guess this makes things easier for us.

Anyway, I have a few things to say regarding strategy.

BuzzerBee wrote:

Well it's 5:30 a.m. and I'm bored so I'll start things off with a claim:I'm part of the Jury

I think claiming/massclaiming is not going to work because it's in every party's best interest to claim Jury.

Alternatively, I was thinking of a better way to do what Andy suggested in #22.

We split the vote evenly amongst 3 people so that every person has 4 votes on them. The person who doesn't vote is confirmed prosecutor (and can choose to help town by saying their targets, or can choose to help mafia by not saying their targets). Either way, that person is probably going to get nightkilled to make it harder for the town.

The votes will look even, but it is guaranteed that there will be at least 3 Jury members on the majority lynch. So, if we lynch amongst the groups that didn't get the majority, there's a higher chance of hitting a scum.

So, we should pick the three people we think are the scummiest and start a wagon on them.

#3 2020-03-27 18:51:50

Pqwerty

peace wrote:

@onjit can the prosecutor just cliam and reveal all mafia? iff so wouldnt that let u sinsta win i fhe does?

No, town would win but prosecutor wouldn't. Prosecutor needs to be alive to win (because it's a third-party) and there's no way mafia would let it live. It would be gamethrowing right now. The prosecutor's best strategy is to lay low and drop hints of who the mafia are, or to mislynch someone and try to win as jester.

#4 2020-03-27 19:40:35

Pqwerty

peace wrote:

yeah well alos whjat happens if all jusry i slynched?

Hitmen would probably win then.

#5 2020-03-27 20:31:33

Pqwerty

Hey

@Onjit

, does the game end as soon as one party wins? Because Judge could win D1 if it stops a mislynch D1, and if we randlynch, Judge has a 75% chance of winning. Also, does prosecutor win if it is dead?

#6 2020-03-28 00:00:01

Pqwerty

Andymakeer wrote:

so can we start the votings?

we must set a 1 day duration for this vote phase, if someone does not vote during this period, then we wagon it

Yeah, let's start the voting.

!vote BuzzerBee

#7 2020-03-28 17:13:14

Pqwerty

Sorry, I’m on mobile. In #24, Task speculated that there’s potentially a secret nerf on the prosecutor that prevents it from just revealing the entire setup. So, maybe that’s what’s going on here.

Also, there’s no rule saying that you win with your faction. In fact, Onjit suggests the opposite in #23 saying that you only win if your own wincon is fulfilled. Hit men and Jury just happen to have the same wincon, so the blue team is more like 3 separate third-parties.

Another thing we could speculate is that the prosecutor is giving the judge a chance to win. If the prosecutor reveals all the roles, there’s no way that the judge can stop a mislynch because all the lynched would be on the hit men. So maybe by not revealing, the prosecutor is allowing the judge to stop a lynch D1 because it has a 75% chance of winning.

One final thing to add, I noticed that the wincon for all the roles are not mutually exclusive. So it is possible for everyone to win.

#8 2020-03-29 09:02:08

Pqwerty

I agree with you Andy. The only reason someone would not be voting is if they are the prosecutor or the mafia. Personally, I think Allen is the mafia and here’s why. If you look at his ISO, his post #3 and #4 are clearly against outing the prosecutor. The only party that doesn’t want a prosecutor being outed is the mafia because if the prosecutor says who the mafia are, it’s gg jury.

Also, he’s not really contributing or trying to solve the game. His posts  #2 and #6 are just filler, and #5 is just nitpicking even though he’s not really doing any scum hunting himself.

The big thing too is that he didn’t vote. Maybe this is just a last ditch effort for the mafia to not get outed, but the only faction with a motive to deliberately not vote is the mafia.

!vote Allen

And to top it all off, he didn’t vote for someone

#9 2020-03-29 09:03:44

Pqwerty

Ignore that last bit of text after the vote. I’m on mobile and I thought that text on the bottom disappeared.

#10 2020-03-30 06:26:08

Pqwerty

I really doubt that Allen is the prosecutor because it doesn’t explain why he still isn’t contributing to the game and is just insulting people.
Like, wouldn’t the real prosecutor at least try to help the jury even a little bit?

Also, if there is a rule saying you can’t claim prosecutor whatsoever, Jawapa is the only one really following it by abstaining and saying he’s not the prosecutor. Allen’s claim in #185 breaks the rule.

Honestly, it seems more likely that Allen is following the mafia strategy that ShadowsEdge figured out in #186.

The evidence that Allen is mafia is way more compelling to me than the evidence that he is the prosecutor. I see my lynch as justified and my lynch on him is going to stay put.

#11 2020-03-30 22:26:36

Pqwerty

We're waiting on the Judge and Onjit. It's twilight now, so we can talk but not change our votes.

Onjit1585828414778014

Board footer