Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#426 2020-01-26 23:12:07

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 40 - Russian Roulette Mafia Victory!

TaskManager wrote:

Why do you think that my lack of motivation to catch scum came from me being scum and not a lazy townie either????

You have a history of putting less effort in as mafia.

Furthermore, your lack of motivation to catch scum is just one point in conjunction with your general lack of a townie attitude towards this game.

Also, can I just say. Not answering questions is not actually a reliable scum trait. When I first started playing mafia I also thought it was scum trait and I can't remember a single time when I've lynched a mafia after they didn't answer my questions but I can remember powerlynching townies for it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#427 2020-01-26 23:15:25

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

whats powerlynching

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#428 2020-01-26 23:17:00

Different55
Forum Admin

lynching with passion

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#429 2020-01-26 23:20:39

Processor

uwu

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by: (2)

#430 2020-01-26 23:33:28

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

mutantdevle wrote:

I don't have a bunch of discussion and votes on me that you can opportunistically jump on.

Are you suggesting I'm jumping on the bandwagon? If so, that's not true. It's really not "opportunistic". He's had plenty of chances to give an explanation to his actions, and he's put no effort into it. Instead, he gives a vague reply, and tries to steer everyone in a different direction.

mutantdevle wrote:

Which could serve as reason as to why you'd want to keep task alive and lynch the opposing wagon even if you weren't scum with task.

What?

mutantdevle wrote:

Then tell him what you find unsatisfactory about his answers before you vote him...

It was. By a few people, multiple times. We had to pull teeth to get him to even acknowledge the questions.

processor wrote:

Both mutant and peace have shown genuine interest in solving the game

That is such a **** answer. What does that even mean? So long as you're active, and not **** posting, you appear to be trying to solve the game.

TaskManager wrote:

whats powerlynching

Different55 wrote:

lynching with passion

So what processor is trying to do with task?

mutantdevle wrote:

Not answering questions is not actually a reliable scum trait.

If you are acting sus, and someone asks for info on it, and you avoid the question entirely, that's scummy. It seems like you're trying to avoid the attention, and hide something.

Discord: jawp#5123

#431 2020-01-26 23:57:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I didn't originally reply to this because I didn't feel much point in debating with you after I had already voted.

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Gaining fun out of it is a selfish motivation that is more common among scum than it is town.

Scum could try to feign a town motivation, especially in this game with two scum teams where you can genuinely scumhunt as a scum player
but this spins into a WIFOM tbh

Scum feigning town motivation has nothing to do with what I said. You claimed that part of your motivation behind voting Norboy was the fun you'd get from **** him off. There is no town motivation there.

TaskManager wrote:

i forgot about the "precious discussion time" and how much it matters so yeah call me scum for that one

Yes, I will call you scum for it. Not being considerate of discussion time shows a lack of a townie mindset. The fact that you've put precious discussion time in quotes suggests that your mocking it's important which just shows that your lack of valuing discussion time was not a simple lapse of thinking.

TaskManager wrote:

yeah i am because the game recently started and id rather form opinions about people by looking through their isos later when theres enough posts

You've not shown signs of this at all throughout the game. Please point me to a single instance where you've gone back through someone's iso to form a read on them. Furthermore, I do not recall this method of game solving ever being your playstyle so you have no excuse not to have been forming reads as you go.

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

First of all, a lot of them are just commentary and he doesn't take a stance.

i dont want to take a stance when theres barely anything so shut

mutantdevle wrote:

Secondly, what he says isn't too relevant to reactions to him voting for norboy and is a more general read of the game. Thus, it shows that he really doesn't care about game solving based on his vote and what he said about that is a bunch of ****.

the comment on norboy is written based on his reaction to my vote
the comment on peace is written based on his reaction to both mine and jawapa's votes
so stfu thanks

I specifically said not too relevant. If you truly intended to form reads based on your vote on norwegianboy I'd fully expect you to have more to say about it. It is very clear that your vote was not motivated by solving the game.

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

In my opinion, criticising someone for saying they are town is just as inane and stupid as claiming you're town. This criticism extends to everyone that was like "eyy Crybaby, whatchu doin' that for?"

i have explained why im criticising that claim so sheesh
also how is this a point for me being scum if this applies to a multitude of people, including norboy whom flipped town?

Your explanation of how it would possibly make Crybaby scum is tenuous as best. Someone claiming they are town is not a scum tell.

Just because other people also did it doesn't mean you're exempt from it. Furthermore, this was not necessarily a criticism of you being scum but rather a criticism of you in general. Scum can make these sorts of criticisms of people to try and look like they are game solving when they are not. So the less people making these kinds of criticisms the less opportunity scum has to do that.

Though, I would like to point out that, whilst everyone else was simply criticising the pointlessness of Crybaby claiming to be town, you turned it into a criticism of Crybaby's alignment. That very much seems to me like scum over compensating and trying to look busy.

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

This is quite ironic coming from someone whose ****, I assume, is quite raw from the amount of fences he's been sitting on this game. It's also quite an odd criticise to make of 2B55 since he always does this and even acknowledged he was sheeping in the post that Task is criticising.

tu quoque?
point me to these fences
acknowledging that you're sheeping doesn't suddenly make your sheeping valid and town motivated, by doing it you're just setting forth an excuse in case the person whom you sheeped turns out wrong and thats scummy

The fences you're sitting on aren't necessarily you saying "it could be this or this" but rather your seeming refusal to make any sort of conclusions whatsoever. You've frequently thrown out comments like "this is a scum flag" but you've not expressed reads unless prompted to hence giving you wiggle room to take a different stance.

What actually are your reads Task?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#432 2020-01-26 23:58:06

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

mutantdevle wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

Well I’m going to be working for most of the day and I suppose I’ve run out of benefit of the doubt to give, so

!vote Processor

This is also a terrible vote. He responded to the things you asked of him. You've not expressed a scum read on him. Your only issues were the 'dodging' of the questions. He stopped dodging them and you still voted. Why?

Not really such thing as a terrible vote when this is Russian roulette and we’re going in blind. Also if you look at the timestamps he answered my questions a minute before I voted for him, I only saw his reply that he made a couple posts before my vote, which was his opportunity to be up front but he didn’t really do so. I’m on mobile so it’s tedious to provide links but this happened on page 16

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#433 2020-01-27 00:06:00

Processor

mrjawapa wrote:

He's had plenty of chances to give an explanation to his actions, and he's put no effort into it. Instead, he gives a vague reply

You asked me to explain my reads. I wrote 4 clearly structured posts.

THEN you voted on me.

What do you mean I put no effort into it?
What do you mean my reads are vague?
What the hell?

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#434 2020-01-27 00:16:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

Are you suggesting I'm jumping on the bandwagon? If so, that's not true. It's really not "opportunistic". He's had plenty of chances to give an explanation to his actions, and he's put no effort into it. Instead, he gives a vague reply, and tries to steer everyone in a different direction.

Proc started replying here where he asked about what questions he hadn't answered. Whilst he waited for a response he started giving detailed scum reads. He got a response here and gave his answers here.

Between his response and your votes none of you expressed any dissatisfaction with his answers. You just voted him despite having plenty of time left in the day to talk with him. You all spent so much time pressuring him to answer your questions yet none of you gave a **** when he answered them.

mrjawapa wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Which could serve as reason as to why you'd want to keep task alive and lynch the opposing wagon even if you weren't scum with task.

What?

Your point was that if you were worried about people scum reading you then you would go for me first. However, as I have said I plan to move on to solving you once task is solved. Hence, if taskmanager stays alive it delays me moving on to you. By lynching proc you kill 1 person who scum reads you and delay the other person from talking about their scum read. Basically, your point that you'd go for me first is invalid.

mrjawapa wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Then tell him what you find unsatisfactory about his answers before you vote him...

It was. By a few people, multiple times. We had to pull teeth to get him to even acknowledge the questions.

I've explained how this isn't true above in this post.

mrjawapa wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

whats powerlynching

Different55 wrote:

lynching with passion

So what processor is trying to do with task?

Not really no. Proc's push against task is no different to your push against him. Powerlynching is basically when you are so convinced of your own argument that you're not willing to even consider alternatives.

mrjawapa wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Not answering questions is not actually a reliable scum trait.

If you are acting sus, and someone asks for info on it, and you avoid the question entirely, that's scummy. It seems like you're trying to avoid the attention, and hide something.

But processor hasn't avoided the questions entirely. He first of all missed the point of what was being asked of him, then everyone started saying things like "oh he's avoiding questions!". He then asked for clarification on what you wanted answered, gave his answers, and then you all voted him anyway...

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#435 2020-01-27 00:16:51

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

mutantdevle wrote:
eleizibeth wrote:

ill probably vote for proc within the next hour unless he actually answers the questions

This is an awful stance to take. 1 hour is too short of a time span to expect someone to answer you.

i agree, 1 hour is a **** timespan, but i was unsure of how much time i would have left to interact in the thread before the day ended. i had to leave at 10:30, i was gonna post that "1 hour before i vote for proc" post at 9:30 but i think i was late by 17ish minutes? also, i was likely going to vote for proc anyway. he was active on discord for like a long time before this (not sure if that's really an allowed thing to base stuff on, but im just saying he has had PLENTY of time to even just give a simple "ok ill be working on it.") tbh i think he waited a few hours to post just to make me look **** for expecting a response within an hour

Processor wrote:

- ele votes for Norboy the moment the wagon starts, she never explains why she thinks Norboy is scummy, she does not show reluctance this time

i literally explained in my post where i voted for norboy why i voted for him, and iirc i explained why i voted for norboy instead of task
i didn't vote for task because i just felt too lynch-happy if i did, i said this already

trust me, im gonna be equally as **** as you are if task is scum and barely got away with another lynch. im also gonna be **** if proc is town. i switched my suspicions over to norboy because he started acting scummy as ****.

"ele is scum because she put task in the middle of her readslist"
im not that dumb and id like to think that you know that?? when i did my reads, i copy pasted the playerlist and kept them in the same general order. if you go through it you should be able to see it's in the same order of the original post, if not, then mostly similar

"ele isnt taking responsibility for voting for me"
dude, im taking full responsibility for my vote, which is why i was hesitant to vote for anyone on D1. in fact, literally look at my other games, im always hesitant to vote for anyone because i don't like to just throw around my votes. in games where i HAVE to vote for someone, im going to go with the best option. which, i thought was norboy on D1, and now it's you on D2.

"ele is only now being active because im suspecting her"
sure, but the same goes to you
im active now because there are actual topics to talk about lol

sorry for weirdass format, for i am on Mobile, and im just commenting on the points that stuck out to me the most

#436 2020-01-27 00:17:37

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

mutantdevle wrote:

But processor hasn't avoided the questions entirely. He first of all missed the point of what was being asked of him, then everyone started saying things like "oh he's avoiding questions!". He then asked for clarification on what you wanted answered, gave his answers, and then you all voted him anyway...

i am so certain that he was just playing dumb by asking for clarification

#437 2020-01-27 00:19:16

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

BuzzerBee wrote:

Also if you look at the timestamps he answered my questions a minute before I voted for him, I only saw his reply that he made a couple posts before my vote, which was his opportunity to be up front but he didn’t really do so.

So why didn't you wait for him to reply? You just assumed he wasn't going to. His post before your vote had nothing to do with your questions, it was a large post that he had clearly been writing for a while. Now that you know that your vote was premature, do you regret it? Because I think your vote is completely unjustified.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#438 2020-01-27 00:22:01

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

eleizibeth wrote:

i was likely going to vote for proc anyway.

Why, what other scummy stuff has he done that made you want to vote him?

eleizibeth wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

i am so certain that he was just playing dumb by asking for clarification

Please tell me what about his wording made you think this.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#439 2020-01-27 00:25:13

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

mutantdevle wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

Also if you look at the timestamps he answered my questions a minute before I voted for him, I only saw his reply that he made a couple posts before my vote, which was his opportunity to be up front but he didn’t really do so.

So why didn't you wait for him to reply? You just assumed he wasn't going to. His post before your vote had nothing to do with your questions, it was a large post that he had clearly been writing for a while. Now that you know that your vote was premature, do you regret it? Because I think your vote is completely unjustified.

I didn’t assume he wasn’t going to. I thought the post before WAS his response and I was like well if he’s gonna keep doing this then I’m gonna lynch. And honestly, when I posted it and saw he replied I thought about editing away the lynch but figured that would be cheating. I still don’t trust Proc is town, but I definitely would’ve given it more thought before I voted to lynch had I realized he still had more to say.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#440 2020-01-27 00:26:36

Processor

Kira, allow me to minimod because you are slow <3

Votes:

[2] Taskmanager - Processor, MutantDevle
[5] Processor - Eleizibeth, Peace, mrjawapa, Buzzerbee, TaskManager (L-1)

Majority is 6.
Not voting: ShadowsEdge, Crybaby, 2B55B5G TNG, Different55, Onjit

#441 2020-01-27 00:29:22

Processor

*: Majority is 7, but I am still L-1 because in case of a tie, both players will be lynched.

#442 2020-01-27 00:34:41

Different55
Forum Admin

Majority is 7. You're L-2. Right now there's like. 3 possibilities:

1. Most likely, you die.
2. Less likely, you get one more vote and Task hoards all the remaining votes and you both die.
3. Even less likely, Task hoards all the votes that currently exist and only Task dies.

With 7 votes already down, these are the only options town has to choose from. We should pick which of these we want to happen and go for it.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

rat

#443 2020-01-27 00:36:22

Processor

I am L-1. It takes 1 more vote for me to be lynched.

#444 2020-01-27 00:36:29

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mutantdevle wrote:

You've not shown signs of this at all throughout the game. Please point me to a single instance where you've gone back through someone's iso to form a read on them. Furthermore, I do not recall this method of game solving ever being your playstyle so you have no excuse not to have been forming reads as you go.

I always do it whenever I bring up someone's posts??
Just because I never explicitly said "I went through this guy's iso" doesn't mean I make my reads on the go, I don't know where you're pulling that playstyle fact from
I actually never ever form my reads constantly as the game goes, but rather dig through isos to find anything of interest
For instance, I went through Proc's iso while writing this post: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 39#p773139
I was looking through 2B's iso while making some posts about him, and I would probably invest more time in that if this whole proc thing didn't happen

i8SwC8p.png

#445 2020-01-27 00:36:36

Minimania
Moderation Team

I do not necessarily trust either Mutant nor Processor. Ironically though, I think a TaskManager lynch here would give more information than a Processor lynch, because I feel that the extra discussion and arguments on day 1 can finally be resolved as well as the new queries we have here on night 2, whereas if we vote for Processor, we will only be resolving what we discussed tonight, and not much about day 1 will be answered. I would suggest lynching them both to amass as much information as possible, but I'm not entirely sure if that's the greatest idea. In any case, I'm voting TaskManager, as backwards as that may seem.

!vote TaskManager

I wouldn't vote for TaskManager if I didn't think he could be Mafia, though. Anything I have to say about him being scummy wouldn't be anything original, I think Mutant already summed it up pretty well.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#446 2020-01-27 00:37:34

Different55
Forum Admin

One more vote and you're good as dead, yeah. Day won't end though so it's like. L-1.5? idk

- ShinsukeIto

#447 2020-01-27 00:39:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Crybaby wrote:

I would suggest lynching them both

I'm all for that tbh

i8SwC8p.png

#448 2020-01-27 00:40:37

Minimania
Moderation Team

Yeah of course you would be

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#449 2020-01-27 00:41:35

Processor

TaskManager wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

I would suggest lynching them both

I'm all for that tbh

You're literally denying discussion time for town
Why in such a hurry?

#450 2020-01-27 00:42:53

Processor

No matter if Task or I reach 6 votes, please refrain from voting the other person, as doing so would cause us to lose a full day's worth of discussion time

ShadowsEdge1581286360774156

Board footer