Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2020-01-26 23:12:07

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 40 - Russian Roulette Mafia Victory!

TaskManager wrote:

Why do you think that my lack of motivation to catch scum came from me being scum and not a lazy townie either????

You have a history of putting less effort in as mafia.

Furthermore, your lack of motivation to catch scum is just one point in conjunction with your general lack of a townie attitude towards this game.

Also, can I just say. Not answering questions is not actually a reliable scum trait. When I first started playing mafia I also thought it was scum trait and I can't remember a single time when I've lynched a mafia after they didn't answer my questions but I can remember powerlynching townies for it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#52 2020-01-26 23:57:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I didn't originally reply to this because I didn't feel much point in debating with you after I had already voted.

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Gaining fun out of it is a selfish motivation that is more common among scum than it is town.

Scum could try to feign a town motivation, especially in this game with two scum teams where you can genuinely scumhunt as a scum player
but this spins into a WIFOM tbh

Scum feigning town motivation has nothing to do with what I said. You claimed that part of your motivation behind voting Norboy was the fun you'd get from **** him off. There is no town motivation there.

TaskManager wrote:

i forgot about the "precious discussion time" and how much it matters so yeah call me scum for that one

Yes, I will call you scum for it. Not being considerate of discussion time shows a lack of a townie mindset. The fact that you've put precious discussion time in quotes suggests that your mocking it's important which just shows that your lack of valuing discussion time was not a simple lapse of thinking.

TaskManager wrote:

yeah i am because the game recently started and id rather form opinions about people by looking through their isos later when theres enough posts

You've not shown signs of this at all throughout the game. Please point me to a single instance where you've gone back through someone's iso to form a read on them. Furthermore, I do not recall this method of game solving ever being your playstyle so you have no excuse not to have been forming reads as you go.

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

First of all, a lot of them are just commentary and he doesn't take a stance.

i dont want to take a stance when theres barely anything so shut

mutantdevle wrote:

Secondly, what he says isn't too relevant to reactions to him voting for norboy and is a more general read of the game. Thus, it shows that he really doesn't care about game solving based on his vote and what he said about that is a bunch of ****.

the comment on norboy is written based on his reaction to my vote
the comment on peace is written based on his reaction to both mine and jawapa's votes
so stfu thanks

I specifically said not too relevant. If you truly intended to form reads based on your vote on norwegianboy I'd fully expect you to have more to say about it. It is very clear that your vote was not motivated by solving the game.

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

In my opinion, criticising someone for saying they are town is just as inane and stupid as claiming you're town. This criticism extends to everyone that was like "eyy Crybaby, whatchu doin' that for?"

i have explained why im criticising that claim so sheesh
also how is this a point for me being scum if this applies to a multitude of people, including norboy whom flipped town?

Your explanation of how it would possibly make Crybaby scum is tenuous as best. Someone claiming they are town is not a scum tell.

Just because other people also did it doesn't mean you're exempt from it. Furthermore, this was not necessarily a criticism of you being scum but rather a criticism of you in general. Scum can make these sorts of criticisms of people to try and look like they are game solving when they are not. So the less people making these kinds of criticisms the less opportunity scum has to do that.

Though, I would like to point out that, whilst everyone else was simply criticising the pointlessness of Crybaby claiming to be town, you turned it into a criticism of Crybaby's alignment. That very much seems to me like scum over compensating and trying to look busy.

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

This is quite ironic coming from someone whose ****, I assume, is quite raw from the amount of fences he's been sitting on this game. It's also quite an odd criticise to make of 2B55 since he always does this and even acknowledged he was sheeping in the post that Task is criticising.

tu quoque?
point me to these fences
acknowledging that you're sheeping doesn't suddenly make your sheeping valid and town motivated, by doing it you're just setting forth an excuse in case the person whom you sheeped turns out wrong and thats scummy

The fences you're sitting on aren't necessarily you saying "it could be this or this" but rather your seeming refusal to make any sort of conclusions whatsoever. You've frequently thrown out comments like "this is a scum flag" but you've not expressed reads unless prompted to hence giving you wiggle room to take a different stance.

What actually are your reads Task?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#53 2020-01-27 00:16:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

Are you suggesting I'm jumping on the bandwagon? If so, that's not true. It's really not "opportunistic". He's had plenty of chances to give an explanation to his actions, and he's put no effort into it. Instead, he gives a vague reply, and tries to steer everyone in a different direction.

Proc started replying here where he asked about what questions he hadn't answered. Whilst he waited for a response he started giving detailed scum reads. He got a response here and gave his answers here.

Between his response and your votes none of you expressed any dissatisfaction with his answers. You just voted him despite having plenty of time left in the day to talk with him. You all spent so much time pressuring him to answer your questions yet none of you gave a **** when he answered them.

mrjawapa wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Which could serve as reason as to why you'd want to keep task alive and lynch the opposing wagon even if you weren't scum with task.

What?

Your point was that if you were worried about people scum reading you then you would go for me first. However, as I have said I plan to move on to solving you once task is solved. Hence, if taskmanager stays alive it delays me moving on to you. By lynching proc you kill 1 person who scum reads you and delay the other person from talking about their scum read. Basically, your point that you'd go for me first is invalid.

mrjawapa wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Then tell him what you find unsatisfactory about his answers before you vote him...

It was. By a few people, multiple times. We had to pull teeth to get him to even acknowledge the questions.

I've explained how this isn't true above in this post.

mrjawapa wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

whats powerlynching

Different55 wrote:

lynching with passion

So what processor is trying to do with task?

Not really no. Proc's push against task is no different to your push against him. Powerlynching is basically when you are so convinced of your own argument that you're not willing to even consider alternatives.

mrjawapa wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Not answering questions is not actually a reliable scum trait.

If you are acting sus, and someone asks for info on it, and you avoid the question entirely, that's scummy. It seems like you're trying to avoid the attention, and hide something.

But processor hasn't avoided the questions entirely. He first of all missed the point of what was being asked of him, then everyone started saying things like "oh he's avoiding questions!". He then asked for clarification on what you wanted answered, gave his answers, and then you all voted him anyway...

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#54 2020-01-27 00:19:16

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

BuzzerBee wrote:

Also if you look at the timestamps he answered my questions a minute before I voted for him, I only saw his reply that he made a couple posts before my vote, which was his opportunity to be up front but he didn’t really do so.

So why didn't you wait for him to reply? You just assumed he wasn't going to. His post before your vote had nothing to do with your questions, it was a large post that he had clearly been writing for a while. Now that you know that your vote was premature, do you regret it? Because I think your vote is completely unjustified.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#55 2020-01-27 00:22:01

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

eleizibeth wrote:

i was likely going to vote for proc anyway.

Why, what other scummy stuff has he done that made you want to vote him?

eleizibeth wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

But processor hasn't avoided the questions entirely. He first of all missed the point of what was being asked of him, then everyone started saying things like "oh he's avoiding questions!". He then asked for clarification on what you wanted answered, gave his answers, and then you all voted him anyway...

i am so certain that he was just playing dumb by asking for clarification

Please tell me what about his wording made you think this.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#56 2020-01-29 23:32:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Apologies for the lack of activity this game day.

I don't actually have a chance to properly post until midway through tomorrow. Considering the votes already on me, that's likely going to mean that I'll be lynched by default simply because I might not have an opportunity to reply to anything that's been said.

So, since this might be my last post in the game, I'm going to give some quick general thoughts.

Being wrong about processor doesn't mean I'm wrong about TaskManager. I still maintain that most of the reasons behind processor's lynch were flawed primarily in that a lot of the things y'all were claiming were scum tells were not actually scum tells. You just got lucky in that he did actually turn out to be scum.

I've not read anyone's reasons for voting me but I'm presuming the reason mostly boils down to "he was wrong about processor so he's scum". Such a reason should be heavily scrutinised for its obvious fallacy and I think it's a line of reasoning that is inherently opportunistic in getting me lynched. Obviously, this doesn't count so much for peace since he always bases his votes and reads on face value.

I think TaskManager and jawapa are not only scum but also on the same scum team. An explanation of this will be the focus of any further posts by me but I don't have time to go into that tonight.

If I had to give a definitive answer on the third person I'd say ele. But I'm also a bit suspicious of both buzzerbee and Onjit.

Peace is obvious town. Shadow, diff and crybaby also strike me as townie. 2B55 is mostly null but I kinda default that to town given my much stronger scum reads.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#57 2020-01-30 14:35:57

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Okay, I'm here now for the remaining 6 hours/until my death. I will now begin my case against jawapa.

Though, TaskManager needs to be lynched before jawapa, so I'm going to park my vote there.

!vote TaskManager

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#58 2020-01-30 15:17:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Part 1 of jawapa scum:

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#59 2020-01-30 16:00:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Part 2

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#60 2020-01-30 17:06:12

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Part 3

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#61 2020-01-30 18:03:44

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Part 4

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#62 2020-01-30 18:07:04

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

now as i read you think task/jawp is a team why do u want task dead first?

Different55 wrote:

Well that sounds p convincing to me. Not sure why we go after Task instead of Jawapa after reading all that but I don't want to split the vote even further and I don't think you're scum rn.

!vote TaskManager

Some of my points against Jawapa derive from Task being scum whereas Task is scummy 100% independently from jawapa. Also, whilst jawapa probably has more scummy actions than Task does I see a lot more scummy motivation behind Task's posts.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#63 2020-01-30 18:09:54

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mutantdevle wrote:

Meanwhile, TaskManager never interacts with jawapa. He mentions him briefly when talking to other people but that's it. He gives no opinion on Jawapa. He doesn't praise him, he doesn't criticise him, he doesn't ask him anything.

I'd just like to add to this that they've also wooted a fair amount of each other's posts. By itself, that's not necessarily scummy but it does raise the question of why all their agreements with each other have been expressed exclusively through woots and not through text.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#64 2020-01-30 18:22:36

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I'd just like to scrutinise this post by TaskManager to make an example of the scummy motivation he has underlying almost all of his posts because it really **** me off when I skim read it before going to sleep last night:

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

I've not read anyone's reasons for voting me but I'm presuming the reason mostly boils down to "he was wrong about processor so he's scum". Such a reason should be heavily scrutinised for its obvious fallacy and I think it's a line of reasoning that is inherently opportunistic in getting me lynched. Obviously, this doesn't count so much for peace since he always bases his votes and reads on face value.

"i didnt read what you guys were saying but youre obviously wrong"

mutantdevle wrote:

I think TaskManager and jawapa are not only scum but also on the same scum team.

>OMGUS

What is the motivation behind Task making this post? Is it to defend himself against points I've made against him? No. Is he picking apart what I've said to show how I'm scum? No. He's simply trying to make me look bad. No assessment of my alignment, just that what I've said is bad. Because unfortunately bad is associated with being scum.

TaskManager wrote:

"i didnt read what you guys were saying but youre obviously wrong"

If you have mentioned my town read on Processor as part of why I should be lynched then my comments are justified and it shows that I have a solid understanding of both how you work and how the game works. If you haven't, then the townie thing to do would be to point out that since I'd expect you to do that as scum you not doing it is evidence that you are town.

TaskManager wrote:

>OMGUS

In what sense is this OMGUS? I've been critical and suspicious of both of you long before either of you were suspicious of me. And if you mean that, in response to both of you voting for me, I've suddenly decided that you're on the same team then I'd like to point out that it's very obvious that I've held the opinion that you 2 are scum together for quite a while. Why else would I be so intent on having you resolved before Jawapa?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#65 2020-01-30 18:26:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:

I'm a little worried about Shadow, we got like minutes left in the day and they still haven't voted.

I kinda think Shadow is town based on this alone. I feel like scum would be more aware and paranoid about dying if they fail to vote.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#66 2020-01-30 18:28:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

yo what the **** im droppign some suspictiolous on task becsue proc heabvily wanted task dead

How do you know that's not what proc wanted you to think? He could be tricking you into thinking task is town.

(This is an argument made using peace logic specifically designed to convince peace).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#67 2020-01-30 18:36:00

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

Look at mutant/procs iso.

It's more than mutant being unaware.

Mutant is absolutely scum.

How about you pull out examples from my iso and explain why they are scum and not town who has got it wrong.

How about you look through proc's iso and look at who he's tried to implicate towards the end of the day.

Be quick, because very soon you're going to have to go through my iso again but this time with the knowledge that I'm town.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#68 2020-01-30 18:38:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

Why are people still scum/null reading task?

Why should we be town reading task?

I'd genuinely love for you to explain why.

I have to leave in the next 10 minutes and I almost definitely won't be back before the day is over. So I'd really appreciate it if people could make sure he answers this on my behalf.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#69 2020-01-30 18:41:56

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:

Mutant please bless me with your wisdom why Onjit

It was based on my general lack of opinion of him (PoE). After reading back through various parts of the thread when isoing jawapa I now think Onjit is town. The same applies to BuzzerBee. I think BuzzerBee is more town than Onjit. I wish I had time to fully explain these reads.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#70 2020-01-30 18:48:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Final reads list from town to scum:

Peace
Different55
ShadowsEdge
BuzzerBee
Onjit
2B55
Ele
Crybaby
Jawapa
Task

Any reads changes that I've not explained come from me rereading various posts whilst delivering my case on jawapa and general flicks through the thread just now/within the last 3 or 4 hours. My personal recommendation would be to lynch people from the bottom of my list upwards but y'know my opinions would probably change if I was alive and you should have your own opinions and stuff.

Goodbye.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#71 2020-02-07 16:19:12

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

I blame peace for quickvoting Ele like that

Ahh yes, because we would have won the game had he not done that.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)
ShadowsEdge1581286360774156

Board footer