Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-21 14:18:42, last edited by Kira (2020-02-07 16:07:40)

Kira

Mafia 40 - Russian Roulette Mafia Victory!

Welcome to Mafia 40 - Russian Roulette

Host: Kira

artworks-000358478883-twxd32-t500x500.jpg

Setup:

- 13 players
- 2 Mafia A
- 2 Mafia B
- 9 Vanilla Townie

Information:

- This mafia is Nightless meaning that there is no night phase, thus no night kill for mafia.
- Each In-game Day will last 72 hours.
- You cannot revoke your vote, once you place it, It is absolute.
- There has to be a lynch everyday, nolynch is not allowed.
- #8A5C5C is my color. Impersonating me will get you modkilled.
- You have to post at least once every 24 hours. Failing to do so twice will get you modkilled.
- In case of a tie, both players will be lynched.
- You are forced to vote if majority has not been reached and day is about to end.
- All forum rules apply.
- Vote in h tags.
- You are expected to put a minimum of effort in your posts. (I'm looking at you Peace)
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

Roles

Welcome to game! You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no active abilities.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

Welcome to game! You are a Mafia Goon A/B

You have no active abilities.

You may communicate with your ally through: [Quicktopiclink]

You win if all threats to the mafia are eliminated and at least one scum-aligned player from your universe (A/B) is alive.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

Alive Players

- BuzzerBee
- mrjawapa
- peace (1 warning)
- Different55
- Eleizibeth (1 prod)
- Onjit

Dead Players

-Norwegianboy (Town)
-Processor (Mafia Goon)
-mutantdevle (Town)
-2B55B5G TNG (Town)
-TaskManager (Town)
-ShadowsEdge (Town)
-Crybaby (Town)

Remember have fun! Game will start once every players have confirmed their role.

#2 2020-01-21 23:04:46

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Mafia 40 - Russian Roulette Mafia Victory!

It's a ploy to make him seem less scummy because scum wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves or something idk

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 2020-01-22 01:57:05

Different55
Forum Admin

mrjawapa wrote:

Obligatory, "it's D1 ****-posting... stop taking it so seriously."

The lack of night phase and permavotes have kinda stamped that out for me idk about the rest of you.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#4 2020-01-22 03:55:58

Different55
Forum Admin

ah frig I should have read the rules closer I thought the days just went on forever until there was a majority

- ShinsukeIto

#5 2020-01-22 17:10:35

Different55
Forum Admin

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Norwegianboy gives me scummy vibes.

Protip: if you townread me i'm scum. If you scumread me i'm town.

Well, this is kinda awkward... I was lying about my read on you.

Why did you lie about that though. I usually think you’re a honest player as town so i thought you were genuinely scumreading me. Hence i was a but confused there.

Can't vote to put pressure. Not really many other options.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#6 2020-01-22 19:14:51

Different55
Forum Admin

Norboy usually gets himself killed way later in the game after he's made 500 suspicious posts in a row. You opened the game with an unremovable vote for him.

That said even as scum that's a dumb move. If you're trying to get a townie lynched you picked a bad one. Norboy doesn't need any help getting mislynched.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#7 2020-01-22 22:56:58

Different55
Forum Admin

mrjawapa wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Also you kinda wasted your vote on Peace already, so you don't really have a say anymore Jawapa.

lmao okay

I guess I won't post again until D2. Good luck, guys, hope you catch a mafia.

Thanks, see you tomorrow

eleizibeth wrote:

i think that task immediately using his vote first day is pretty **** and i don't know why he didn’t vote for peace, because in other games he seems to want to policy lynch peace instead of norboy

like what devle said, jawapa's reason for voting for someone is different than task's and therefore my intent is to also vote for task, but ofc i still want to hear others say something before i vote

ps: i like the modtext color

True, as far as I can remember he always goes for Peace or whoever's the lowest hanging fruit.

- ShinsukeIto

#8 2020-01-22 23:03:28

Different55
Forum Admin

TaskManager wrote:

diff seems to pop in and make random comments about norboy just to seem active, i dont agree with the post where he says norboy gets himself killed deep into the game, that is factually wrong

I mean I just spit out a random number but if you want to go reading too far into that be my guest. That changes literally nothing about the *actual* point I was making which was that Norboy would be an odd person for scum to try to mislynch since he has a long and glorious history of doing that all by himself.

- ShinsukeIto

#9 2020-01-22 23:05:18

Different55
Forum Admin

TaskManager wrote:
Different55 wrote:

True, as far as I can remember he always goes for Peace or whoever's the lowest hanging fruit.

its not like i policy lynched peace as a scum at one point too
why do you people think that me pushing for peace is town indicative of me

Didn't say it was town indicative it's just Something That You Usually Do That You Are Not Doing Currently. And the people want to know WHY

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2020-01-23 23:22:30

Different55
Forum Admin

Literally no point in townclaiming. You forced everyone to claim right now, we'd have 13 vanilla townies. Claiming makes no sense in this game.

- ShinsukeIto

#11 2020-01-24 04:11:43

Different55
Forum Admin

IMO Norboy is acting kind of the same almost reckless way he did when he was an inno child

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#12 2020-01-24 17:01:29

Different55
Forum Admin

Not seeing the Norboy thing, no idea how he's got so many votes. Like I mentioned before, the ways he's acting feels the same as when he was an inno child. He's obviously not this time, but he's got my guard low enough rn that I'd rather we get Task out of here.

vote TaskManager

- ShinsukeIto

#13 2020-01-25 02:42:30

Different55
Forum Admin

I stated my reasons for preferring Task over Norboy. Norboy wasn't acting suspicious, he was playing the same as he did when he was an inno child. and on the flipside Task had done something a bit odd for him. I think Task's action was a net positive because it gives us something to go off of, but I mean clearly I was right. Norboy *was* town. How does that possibly both make me look scummy and link me to mutant? Are you just pulling this crap out of thin air?

- ShinsukeIto

#14 2020-01-25 03:03:03

Different55
Forum Admin

He says at first and then finds his way back to it with the possibility that mutant and I are secret lovers and that makes absolutely no sense to me

- ShinsukeIto

#15 2020-01-25 03:28:12

Different55
Forum Admin

Also puts distance between me and the majority of players, considering Norboy frickin' died last night.

- ShinsukeIto

#16 2020-01-25 03:58:20

Different55
Forum Admin

mrjawapa wrote:

He absolutely was acting scummy. Stop citing the game where he was the innocent child. He could have done literally anything, and played any way he wanted. He had nothing to prove or hide.

He acted the same way that game, you can't just stop that connection from existing by frowning at it. And you can't just take however he acted no matter what it is and say "scum!" Because. You know. You were wrong. He was town. And he was acting as he had as town in the past. He wasn't acting scummy, and you insisting he was is bizarre. I've never seen him act like this as scum. Although that said I don't think I've ever played a game with him as scum so. Grain of salt.

Anyway, point is, he wasn't acting scummy, I'm playing close attention to the game, and I'm not scum.

Wow look at that, you're wrong AGAIN >>:::::(((((((((

Serious note though, I just went back to look at mutant's iso because if this

Mutant was pressuring Task a lot, and then out of no where flipped to norboy.

is true, then I'd personally find that pretty significant. Instead what I find is mutantdevle taking norboy on an emotional rollercoaster the entire D1. But then I remembered that peace pointed out this bizarre post

mutantdevle wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

TaskManager tell me why I should vote norwegianboy and not you.

You took too long to reply and I got bored.

!vote Norwegianboy

This post is bizarre in and out of context, but the context is that mutant had been harassing norboy the whole day before this, not task like you seem to think. He wasn't going after task then taking a sharp right turn to norboy, he had been going after norboy the entire day and then did a weird fake out with task before taking norboy out.

- ShinsukeIto

#17 2020-01-25 15:56:43

Different55
Forum Admin

I think his behavior was probably confusing to people who weren't playing the game where he was an inno child. I wouldn't expect anyone that did to have voted for him after I pointed that out, so if I find anyone that did I'll be keeping a closer eye on them.

I don't have much of an opinion on you. I'm cautious with you but I have other things drawing my attention more than you. If you forced me to guess your role I'd currently slap a townie label on you though, yeah.

- ShinsukeIto

#18 2020-01-25 19:10:42

Different55
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:

So I'm gonna keep this post short and sweet, I got somewhere to go in like an hour and I haven't even started getting ready.

Diff puts me off in a weird way. I know it's been mentioned before, but Diff kept saying "He was acting like he did when he was an innocent child." And even at that, in that game we told Norwegian that if he wasn't the Innocent Child we would have suspected him. His only saving grace was the fact that he was literally confirmed as town.

The fact that Diff compared it to the Innocent Child, specifically, is also a bit odd. Might be looking too much into it, but Norwegian **** on the regular, and Diff specifically chose the game where he was confirmed as town to compare his style to. Adding onto that, Norwegian's main powder keg to the Innocent Child playstyle was that he didn't care if he was observed as scum, because he was confirmed as Town, and ergo acted very scummy on his own account. This game it didn't feel like he was trying to act scummy, just happened to come out that way.

Now I'm going to look into late voters of the Norwegian lynch. Might be blind faith but I'm still putting my trust into Task.

2B is just sheeping opinions. And I don't know exactly what to make of it. In EE Forums Mafia it seems that's consistently what happens with his playstyle. But I know from playing with him in Discord Mafia that he has the ability to scumhunt and form his own reads instead of simply sheep other people's opinions. The fact that soon after Different voted Taskmanager, making 2B's vote essentially void is offputting as well. (They voted within ~20 minutes of each other). Could just be a coincidence.

I'm going to pair Eleizibeth and Mutantdevle because I have a bone to pick with both of them. #230 and #231 are where Eleizibeth and Mutantdevle both independently voted for Norwegian. Their posts were literally within 30 seconds of each other. Ergo, their votes were likely independent of each other. At the time the votes were 3 Norwegian and 4 TaskManager. It's unlikely either of the two could have known the other was voting, unless the votes were not independent of each other. For that reason, both of them were fine with tying the votes, which would ultimately lead in the death of two players, one confirmed Town, and one townlean for me.

Mutantdevle did have suspicions of Norwegian throughout D1, albeit it is weird that in the end Mutantdevle decided to cast his vote onto Norwegian rather than Taskmanager when at one point he did explicitly state his intention was to vote for Taskmanager. Maybe just something I'm missing here. Eleizibeth does not share that same sentiment. Eleizibeth spent the entirety of D1 focusing mostly on Taskmanager, and on their 10th post, quickly switched gears to vote for Norwegian. Having shown no intention of voting for Norwegian before that post previously, it strikes me in an odd way. I also dislike the fact that most of Eleizibeth's posts are sheeping rather than their own personal opinion is also a red flag. But iirc I think that's mostly what Eleizibeths opinions are in previous games.

Although, I would like to elaborate that I think that Mutantdevle is more likely than not town. Unless he's pulling a double bluff by intentionally making himself scummy, then we're all screwed.

Alrighty, won't post for a while, since as I said before, got somewhere to go soon.

Fair points with Norboy. I just don't think he'd ever act like that as scum. Honestly I don't even think the way he was playing was scummy. Reckless, yeah I that's like the defining characteristic of whatever this is. Idk I just don't see scum there though. And there was no scum there to see, I was 100% right so legitimately why are we questioning why I thought something that was correct?

- ShinsukeIto

#19 2020-01-25 19:17:46

Different55
Forum Admin

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Diff why did you keep bringing up the Norboy being inno child in D1
In that game we know that Norboy is town so he can do whatever he wanted
But this game, we dont know his alignment, it's not the same. It's weird that you just used it to protect Norboy.

Because that was my sole basis for believing he was town. Kinda frustrating that he's dead, confirmed town, and you all are still debating whether or not it was a good idea to lynch him when IMO we had a much juicier target available.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#20 2020-01-25 22:07:49

Different55
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Most people were against Norwegian, but scum can easily hop in on the wagon and say "Hey guys, this guy is town don't vote for him!," and as soon as they flip, they get the town points for defending a town. We can't take it at face value that your defense on Norwegian was inherently and completely in the town's favor.

The majority weren't against Norwegian. Only the largest minority was for it. And that tactic doesn't really work in this game. There's two independent pair of scum. I mean on second thought it kinda still does but. I'm not looking for town points out of this anyway, just trying to figure out why we lynched a townie yesterday.

Maf going for a dual town lynch would be interesting, but wouldn't it be in the scum's best interest to be trying to hunt down the other team at the moment?

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#21 2020-01-25 23:15:37

Different55
Forum Admin

So the mafia groups don't have to kill each other? What's the point of having two pairs of mafia then if they're not like. Rivals or something.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#22 2020-01-25 23:59:10

Different55
Forum Admin

Seconding the 2b thing. I had that thought earlier but forgot about it til now. Gonna reread his iso to try and find where it came from.

- ShinsukeIto

#23 2020-01-26 02:41:44

Different55
Forum Admin

is that cat inside a rug

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#24 2020-01-26 08:55:07

Different55
Forum Admin

Idk peace has made some pretty solid points. Last 5 times he was nontown he imploded so like rn peace is the least suspicious person to me

- ShinsukeIto

#25 2020-01-26 20:54:01

Different55
Forum Admin

Processor wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Do you really expect me to have a say in that?

No I was replying to Jawapa.

Someone explain why:
- my "dodging" of questions which has been due to my lack of time is scummy
- why you are refusing to consider other options: ele + Task

I don't think people are. Mutant drew some attention earlier in the day from jawapa, IIRC he brought that up when he was receiving some attention of his own? 2B has earned some eyes on him. Theoretically I have my eyes anyone who played the innochild game and voted for norboy in this game but I still haven't looked up who that is yet. Ele has gotten plenty of suspicion thrown her way, too. It's just that rn you have the MOST attention.

- ShinsukeIto

ShadowsEdge1581286360774156

Board footer