Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#776 2019-12-03 13:57:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 36 [KIRBY WINS!]

As far as I'm concerned, this is the game state:

Town block:
Norwegianboy
mutantdevle
peace

Effectively town:
Zelda

Mafia Suspects:
Slabdrill
Crybaby
Shadow

Hitman:
pqwerty

Patient Zero:
different55

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#777 2019-12-03 13:58:00

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If Pqwerty is hitman and prefers voting Crybaby then i don't think us lynching Slabdrill would fulfull his wincon today.

Yes but if we are wrong about Slabdrill we lose.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#778 2019-12-03 13:59:35

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mutant, what do you think about Kira's attempt to derail the lynch onto ShadowsEdge yesterday? Don't you think that increases his town equity a bit? If not then it means the entire feud was a scum theatre.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#779 2019-12-03 14:04:12

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

If we take Kira's sinister motivations at face value then his townread of Crybaby and "believing" him to be vigilante could be taken as him covertly supporting his scum teammate and trying to make us lynch town!ShadowsEdge instead.

#780 2019-12-03 14:07:49

Minimania
Moderation Team

Or as him goading me on? Slabdrill already set me up to be under a lot of doubt in his post about me, and Kira set up the expectation that I would be able to kill Diff

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#781 2019-12-03 14:14:15

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Mutant, what do you think about Kira's attempt to derail the lynch onto ShadowsEdge yesterday? Don't you think that increases his town equity a bit? If not then it means the entire feud was a scum theatre.

I do think that Shadow is probably the towniest of the 3 right now. But why risk it when we can lynch pqwerty and then get a new investigation result for tommorow? (They can't kill both me and peace).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#782 2019-12-03 14:16:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Also, if Crybaby is town then that means someone blocked his kill. It could be diff, it could be the mafia, it could be pqwerty. I doubt the mafia would have a second roleblocker and I also think it's unlikely that diff would be able to roleblock people. So that means that it could have been pqwerty. Hence, by lynching pqwerty and finding out whether he can or can't roleblock people, we kinda solve Crybaby's alignment in the process.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#783 2019-12-03 14:19:16

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

mutantdevle wrote:

Also, if Crybaby is town then that means someone blocked his kill. It could be diff, it could be the mafia, it could be pqwerty. I doubt the mafia would have a second roleblocker and I also think it's unlikely that diff would be able to roleblock people. So that means that it could have been pqwerty. Hence, by lynching pqwerty and finding out whether he can or can't roleblock people, we kinda solve Crybaby's alignment in the process.

Why would Pqwerty have the ability to block a shot on someone else? Are you saying this because he is the only one that hasn't claimed yet?

#784 2019-12-03 14:20:48

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

besides, it doesn't even make sense for a hitman to be able to block someone else's shot on a third party.

#785 2019-12-03 14:22:47

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

AND not to mention we've kinda just made assumptions about what the Hitman's role really is. It could be something completely different than what we're theorizing.

#786 2019-12-03 14:36:59

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Why would Pqwerty have the ability to block a shot on someone else? Are you saying this because he is the only one that hasn't claimed yet?

We know the least about his role. We can theorise that the hitman works the way I've said it does but we just don't know.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

besides, it doesn't even make sense for a hitman to be able to block someone else's shot on a third party.

Jawapa is dead. That tells me that at the very least the mafia wants the infection to **** us up. If not me then they should have killed you.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that Crybaby isn't a vig because there's not really a logical explanation as to why the kill would fail. The only plausible reasons are that either pqwerty can role block or diff is immune.

I think the mafia's roles are as follows:
Kira: Roleblocker
Slabdrill: Godfather
Shadow/Crybaby: Wincon cop

This is a very effective trio of roles for the mafia to have considering how many killing and investigative roles there are as well as the need to identify third parties.

If Slabrill isn't the godfather then we have no idea what roles the mafia have and I feel it's unlikely we'd not see any of their effects at this point of the game.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#787 2019-12-03 14:46:12

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Can town win together with the cult if the mafia is eliminated?

#788 2019-12-03 14:46:58

Minimania
Moderation Team

Considering the cult is a threat to the town, probably not

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#789 2019-12-03 14:46:59

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

If that is the case then you might as well just claim now Diff.

#790 2019-12-03 14:55:48

Different55
Forum Admin

Pqwerty wrote:

1) Diff is absolutely "Patient 0".

Why?
Peace was the only person to vote for Diff, and he got infected. According to #201, the only way you can only spread the disease to people who voted for you the previous day.

That's how the Children of Zero work. We have increasingly less reason to believe that's how P0 works.

Well why didn't the Roleblock work?
It's either the disease doesn't spread at night (where the people who vote for the infected get infected as soon as they vote, but aren't alerted until the nighttime) OR the disease is immune to Roleblocking. In post #574, Onjit said that he would say Yes to every role question (to avoid host meta), even if the answer was actually No. So, it is possible that the infection is RB immune.

Onjit confirmed that infection is a night action. He said he'll pretty much always respond yes to prevent meta-ing on whether or not X is a thing that exists in the game. At that phase, we weren't 100% sure that infection existed and some people were using Onjit's "yes, it's a night action" to say "well look at that, infection does exist." Note that Onjit said the answer will pretty much always be yes. If the answer actually is no, he'll say no. Otherwise, why would he respond at all?

So again, I was roleblocked N1, and if I was P0 then P0's night action of infection would have been blocked, as it is indeed a night action that is blockable by actions that block night actions, as roleblocking is.

I already claimed. The more time we spend burning on me the more opportunity the infection has to spread. There are many duplicate claims, and there's no such thing as counterclaiming this game apparently, meaning basically any role is safe to claim. At least one of the many claims is obviously fake (Slabdrill), and another has failed to validate as well (Crybaby). I imagine we'll have more luck finding P0 in the mass of duplicate claims than trying to force it out of someone who is increasingly confirmed NOT to be P0.

Seriously, did nobody investigate me last night?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#791 2019-12-03 15:01:04

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Diff your claim is really bad because town has no interest in lynching you over the myriads of mafia, cult and other enemies. So if you really are a town-aligned jester you've pretty much guaranteed you won't win here. There's just no way you are being honest about your role here. Sounds more like you claimed jester as a strategy to avoid getting votes.

#792 2019-12-03 15:11:36

Different55
Forum Admin

My options were guarantee a loss by laying low and getting shot or avoid being shot in the hopes I figure out how to farm votes later. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tbh I still feel like I have a lot of material to work with on that front. Probably less as the game goes on but after seeing Crybaby's worst case scenario I think it's better to stick around for a little longer.

- ShinsukeIto

#793 2019-12-03 15:16:19

Different55
Forum Admin

Anyway yeah Crybaby/Slabdrill/Pqwerty I feel is who we should go after. Our two false claims and the claimless.

- ShinsukeIto

#794 2019-12-03 15:39:31

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Well it's a good thing Crybaby didn't shoot you or he'd be banned from the forums for a week now.

Wooted by: (2)

#795 2019-12-03 16:02:58

Pqwerty

Crybaby wrote:

Also if Slabdrill is the Godfather why don't we have 2 kills each night?

Hey, when you say "we", are you referring to yourself and Slab as the mafia? Also, wouldn't a townie say "the mafia" instead of "we"? I might be looking too deep into this, but it could be a scumslip.

#796 2019-12-03 16:33:14

Different55
Forum Admin

Probably reading too far into it, I'd say the same thing, meaning "kills" as "deaths". Although looking back at the exact context maybe less so. But still most likely reading too much into it just because that'd be a super dumb scumslip. Makes a valid point about there being far fewer deaths than there are MurderRoles claimed, even if he is probably the most suspect MurderRole.

Also since I don't think I've said it yet, let's go with Peace and Zelda being clean. Jawapa was adamant he was gonna let peace die but he says he's clean now and like so many people have mentioned he might be just incapable of lying.

- ShinsukeIto

#797 2019-12-03 16:42:35

Pqwerty

Also, Crybaby. Great scumhunting in post #738. I wonder where you found it? (It wasn't the extremely nice post #69 0, was it?)

All jokes aside, the reasons you gave for Slab are the same reasons I gave (except for the stuff about Peace, but you said that it wasn't really damning).
Obviously you saw my post, as you definitely responded to it, so it can be a coincidence that we came to the same conclusion or that I ninja'd you 3 hours before your post.

I don't think your ship for Mutant and Slab as mafia is that great of a choice.
In post #726, you said that you said that it's possible that Mutant was bussing Kira, and that the only reason you townread him is because he got Kira as mafia and was right.
But Mutant is like the towniest townie here (besides Norboy, who is literally modconfirmed). He's literally been scumreading and clearing suspicion this whole game.

#798 2019-12-03 16:51:59

Onjit
Website

Friendly reminder that dead players should not be interfering with the game while it's still running. If you want to discuss the game, do it in the losers dead chat thread I sent you.
(Yes Kira, wooting counts as interfering)

:.|:;

#799 2019-12-03 17:54:59

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Pqwerty wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

Also if Slabdrill is the Godfather why don't we have 2 kills each night?

Hey, when you say "we", are you referring to yourself and Slab as the mafia? Also, wouldn't a townie say "the mafia" instead of "we"? I might be looking too deep into this, but it could be a scumslip.

Semantics is seldom useful when solving people's alignments in mafia. You cannot possibly deduce whether or not the use of 'we' is normal writing style referencing the town as a collective or subconscious association with the mafia as a collective.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#800 2019-12-03 18:00:16

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Pqwerty i noticed you have yet to claim your role. Neither confirming or denying whether you are the hitman.
Though it's pretty clear that everyone already thinks you're the hitman.

Onjit1631616544791307

Board footer