Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-12-02 02:55:20

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Mafia 36 [KIRBY WINS!]

According to Shadow, I was roleblocked last night. I received no messages or notifications. There's no contradiction. Try harder.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#27 2019-12-02 02:57:16

Different55
Forum Admin

Thought: what if Shadow's the cult leader?

- ShinsukeIto

#28 2019-12-02 02:57:55

Different55
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:
Different55 wrote:

According to Shadow, I was roleblocked last night. I received no messages or notifications. There's no contradiction. Try harder.

What do you mean "Try harder"

Kira claiming I'm outing myself to draw attention away from him

- ShinsukeIto

#29 2019-12-02 03:03:48

Different55
Forum Admin

Also why is everyone so obsessed with shooting me against my win condition. Literally just all agree to vote for me ahead of time and you're safe from your misdirected Boogeyman without having to leave an active and known threat against the town alive and without screwing me over. Looking for a win-win, there's one.

- ShinsukeIto

#30 2019-12-02 03:06:38

Different55
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Thought: what if Shadow's the cult leader?

I believe this is coming from the amount of votes towards me?

If Patient Zero infects people who vote for them, then I would have infected Norwegian, since Norwegian is the only one, iirc, who voted for me D1.

If it works in the way I presented, Peace definitely would not have been my first option. Primarily because of previous playstyles, but also because I would want to get someone that would be able to best spread the infection.

More because I thought you were the person to townconfirm me before you turned out to be scum. But what if hypothetically you're culty instead of scummy?

- ShinsukeIto

#31 2019-12-02 03:45:37

Different55
Forum Admin

Quit shooting me, lynch me.

Peace is was town, JaWapa is likely scum, pqwerty's definitely scum, Kira's a threat to the town, all I am is someone who wants to be lynched.

So many targets to pick from tonight, so many better choices /for shooting/ than me. Shoot someone else. Lynch me.

Also why is Crybaby shooting me if we're generally considering him to be town. Wasting Kira on me, I get. It's dumb, but I get it since he's openly not a townie. He's not going to shoot me and he's going to turn on the town, but I get it. He has no reason to help town, he has plenty reason to cause as much chaos as he can.

But Crybaby, why are they shooting me? If y'all are dead set on making me fail my win condition you're really going to burn a townie on it?

- ShinsukeIto

#32 2019-12-02 04:11:41

Different55
Forum Admin

Shooting me is against the rules no shooting diff is allowed

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#33 2019-12-02 04:12:07

Different55
Forum Admin

Just so we're clear nobody's shooting me. Diff is to be lynched only.

- ShinsukeIto

#34 2019-12-02 04:29:04

Different55
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Just so we're clear nobody's shooting me. Diff is to be lynched only.

Sounds like a jester play.

I mean.

Different55 wrote:

do NOT shoot diff tonight, diff is a town-aligned jester role ("Insane Clown"). I gotta die, but I need to be lynched which is just about the WORST thing I could have said considering peace's claims. With that in mind, don't vote for me right now. So basically, don't kill me at all ig. But if I'm killed in the night I'll also take down my killer.

Honestly even if Kira is for some reason aligning himself with town, that's even worse if they're both shooting me. Assuming I backfire on ALL people who kill me, that's 3 town-aligned people eliminated in one night, and that's not even including whoever the mafia goes after. Could not be a worse idea.

- ShinsukeIto

#35 2019-12-03 02:43:51

Different55
Forum Admin

Holy crap this game is going to give me a heart attack. No idea why Crybaby and I both aren't dead right now (you failed but that was a seriously dumb move, especially after how Kira flipped. seriously thought you'd try and go after pqwerty or something but I guess that was wishful thinking), but I'm sure not complaining. As before, no notifications and I have no night actions to perform.

Since Peace isn't dead, he either successfully spread his infection or JaWapa successfully healed him before he was taken out.

Considering that Kira actually was a mafia roleblocker after all, I'm gonna pull a 180 (I think that's the second time I've done that now) on my stance on Shadow and go ahead and say I think they're town. IMO Pqwerty is currently the most likely person to be scum.

Shadow, you're saying you didn't roleblock Crybaby once we found out there actually was a Mafia roleblocker? You roleblocked me N1, the night peace was infected. Why am I not cleared from being P0 now? And whether I'm cleared or not, that means we're still dealing with a P0 and potentially another, different, infected (since P0 seemingly doesn't operate on votes like its underlings considering the lack of vote connection between peace and anyone but me, who was roleblocked N1).

With Kira gone, do we have any reason to believe there actually is a hitman/SK? I don't think we have any indication outside Kira, and Kira absolutely was only trying to stir up chaos.

- ShinsukeIto

#36 2019-12-03 04:13:41

Different55
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Yes, because the Hitman is a confirmed role. Kira could claim Hitman easily because after Kirby's flip, it was revealed in his win condition that the scum we have to capture are three mafia, and a Hitman.

True, forgot about that. Let's say Pqwerty's a hitman then.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

You're not cleared of being Patient Zero because there was one reason I brought up a lot as my reason for believing you aren't Patient Zero, which was that the infection was not confirmed to exist. The fact that the Jawapa died, and his flip DIRECTLY reveals the Infection, that proves that the infection DOES exist. The other piece of evidence was that I roleblocked you, and that you were incapable of being Patient Zero because of my roleblock. It's clear that Patient Zero and the infectees have different conditions to each other, considering no one else claims to be infected currently, and Patient Zero didn't die from not infecting last night, they most likely don't die by not infecting, and that trait only holds true to the infectees.

What? The infection exists. Even after that was confirmed, the whole reason you roleclaimed was because you blocked me N1, so I couldn't have performed an action to infect Peace. That doesn't point to no infection, just to me not being Peace's source of it.

Seems more likely that something screwy happened with Crybaby than anything else. Not saying they're scummy, just that something prevented them from succeeding in their cold blooded murder attempt. Thank goodness, or else (friendly reminder!!!:) we'd both be dead right now and town kinda needs their vig.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

The latter is more likely, since Zelda claimed they weren't infected, iirc, and Zelda was the only one to have voted for Peace at all throughout D2.

Here's where the game gets interesting. Peace and Zelda can't really be trusted to report on their alignment right now, can they? Zelda certainly wouldn't be advertising it if he's infected now. His win condition would have changed. He would get a second chance at being able to win, even without his dead brother. Peace is more likely to tell the truth but in case JaWapa failed, he lost his chance at becoming town again. Can't say I actually expect this, but in light of that he might just try to go along with his new win condition instead of continuing to try to throw the game. Neither of them can be trusted again.

With all the cops in the game, I'm sure someone investigated me last night. Care to share?

- ShinsukeIto

#37 2019-12-03 04:18:18

Different55
Forum Admin

Crybaby wrote:

Originally, I was going to just not shoot last night at all. That was my "plan for tomorrow" as I said before Onjit's post. I didn't want to get roleblocked. But seeing as to how Kira was the roleblocker, I figured I would no longer have to fear wasting my shot. It turns out I was wrong again.

What happened to "Oh frig there actually is a mafia roleblocker. Well guess Shadow's claim of blocking diff N1 was legit, so he couldn't have infected Peace. Guess I won't shoot the poor guy as he specifically requested not to be multiple times on many occasions." >>:::(((

- ShinsukeIto

#38 2019-12-03 04:48:19

Different55
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:

False. Peace claimed to being infected already, no sane person would vote for him, especially since there's no evidence that points to him being mafia at the moment. Same thing goes for Zelda. There's no possible way that Zelda would win, even as being infected. We already know Zelda is confirmed as the other Brother in Arms, if they were infected, them acting scummy would only prove that they were infected. If they wanted to try and win by not revealing they were infected, they would only die any later reveal they were infected, since no one would vote for them if they're confirmed town.

And to notate a couple of points, it's unlikely Peace is still infected, no one claims to being infected still, which could ONLY be Zelda if that were the case, and Peace did not die last night from not infecting anyone. Both of these point to Jawapa having cured Peace of the infection, like he said he would. Furthermore, it's unlikely that Zelda would win as an infectee, because as I mentioned before, no one would vote for them, and it would instead, only bring about their downfall, since Peace claims that Infectees have to infect someone to avoid dying, and no one would vote for Zelda, thus causing his death.

??? Nothing about what I said is false. If Zelda is infected, it's in his best interest to keep it quiet. Peace hasn't appeared yet, but even then, with Jawapa gone it's in his best interest to keep it quiet, too, now that there's no chance of going back. No, there's no chance he'd win if he were infected. But that's the best move he'd have. Even if they die, there's still the possibility of others being infected in the background. Pushing again the possibility that I'm not P0, necessarily meaning that P0 operates some way other than votes.

If any new children of P0 exist, it's also in their best interest to keep it quiet. How many power roles do we have claims for now? We should keep an eye on how many night actions are flying around each night, and keep comparing that to the number of claimed power roles. If it starts going down, we have a bit of a problem.

As far as those in the foreground, Peace is not currently dead. That means one of two things. Either he's cured, or he infected Zelda and lives another day. We don't know for sure, so they can't be trusted. We'll only know they can't be trusted after the fact, if they both drop dead.

So like tl;dr there:
If Zelda is infected, there's no reason for him to tell.
If Peace is still infected, he's probably going to tell despite there being no reason for it.
We can't know if either of them are clean until they drop dead.

None of the above are false.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#39 2019-12-03 05:20:27

Different55
Forum Admin

My friend I can't help but disagree with just about everything you said.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

The fact that Peace so openly revealed that information just proves that if he was still infected, he would reveal that information.

Peace did that because A. he's peace and B. he also had information that could lead to him being healed. That option, IF it failed, is gone now, locking him into infection.

And even at that, it's unlikely that he is infected, due to the fact that Jawapa claimed he would be healing peace, and, if I am the only roleblocker left, that makes it impossible for Jawapa to have been roleblocked.

Depends on priorities, whether or not Jawapa was killed before or after he healed Peace, and whether he healed Peace at all. He was adamant yesterday he'd let Peace rot away.

And even if he is still infected, all Peace would talk about yesterday was the infection and his attempts to remove it from himself, if he is still infected, it'll become very clear.

Probably one thing I'll agree on.

Using these points, I can further my argument on Zelda still being town. Them staying "hidden" from being infected is the worst play they could make. They were originally town, and staying hidden is only going to cause their death, as they wont be able to infect anyone. They have no chance of winning, even if they are infected, because no one in the town would vote for them unless they're throwing. And it would be throwing in both senses. Zelda willingly went along with the situation, knowing it would result in their demise because they knew it was for the betterment of the town, that ideology is also one of the reasons I believe that they aren't infected.

Disagree. If Zelda avoids infection, he guarantees a loss. Seeking Salvation Through Infection, he almost guarantees a loss. Considering Peace, I don't really think gamethrowing is something to actually worry about.

Now moving on from this, you're adamant to push the idea that the infection is still around. Why is that? What is it about the infection that you're so eager to claim that Peace and Zelda are both infected? Furthermore, why do you believe that Zelda would lie about their position if ultimately it'll all end in the same result?

Note that every time I mentioned infection wrt those two, I said if. We don't know that they're infected. We can't know unless they both drop dead, so they can't be trusted until that point. The safest play is to act as if they are so we aren't underestimating anything.

Also, Crybaby, is peace not confirmed town assuming he's not infected? He correctly called out Jawapa. Unless he's a mafia cop, ig.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#40 2019-12-03 06:54:17

Different55
Forum Admin

Went to collect notes on everyone and something stuck out, Slabdrill claims Victory Cop and says Mutant has a "standard" "eliminate all non-town" wincon. Which is odd since even KirbyKira didn't go that far. Even KirbyKira's wincon was just "eliminate all criminals." Anyway, Slab did that N1, and has nothing to report for N2, claiming they investigated Jawapa moments before death. A cover for skipping a night to perform the kill?

We haven't heard anything about Mutant's N2 actions yet, and they've already outed themselves as a cop so. Then again, Mutant seems to strongly put Slabdrill as maf in all his reads, and countered Kira's "I'm neutral!" claim with a "You're filthy scum!" claim. If Mutant was scum, he's throwing all his teammates under buses. So. Don't know what to make of any of that for real.

But Norboy, out of curiosity what's your win condition? You're probably the closest thing we got to a vanilla townie.

Also man there's a lot of investigative and killing roles. We've got 3 killing roles dead and confirmed (Kirby, Jawapa, Kira). Two of those are town. Crybaby also claims a killing role. We also have 3 investigative roles (Peace, Slab, Mutant). One neutralized/infected, none confirmed. Norboy is Innochild, Shadow claims roleblocker, Zelda is/was a Brother in Arms, Pqwerty has made no claims but it's likely he's the Hitman, and that's everyone.

- ShinsukeIto

#41 2019-12-03 07:27:42

Different55
Forum Admin

So Mutant and Slab have claimed each other are town and that's just about all we have on either of them besides Mutant bussing Kira.

- ShinsukeIto

#42 2019-12-03 14:55:48

Different55
Forum Admin

Pqwerty wrote:

1) Diff is absolutely "Patient 0".

Why?
Peace was the only person to vote for Diff, and he got infected. According to #201, the only way you can only spread the disease to people who voted for you the previous day.

That's how the Children of Zero work. We have increasingly less reason to believe that's how P0 works.

Well why didn't the Roleblock work?
It's either the disease doesn't spread at night (where the people who vote for the infected get infected as soon as they vote, but aren't alerted until the nighttime) OR the disease is immune to Roleblocking. In post #574, Onjit said that he would say Yes to every role question (to avoid host meta), even if the answer was actually No. So, it is possible that the infection is RB immune.

Onjit confirmed that infection is a night action. He said he'll pretty much always respond yes to prevent meta-ing on whether or not X is a thing that exists in the game. At that phase, we weren't 100% sure that infection existed and some people were using Onjit's "yes, it's a night action" to say "well look at that, infection does exist." Note that Onjit said the answer will pretty much always be yes. If the answer actually is no, he'll say no. Otherwise, why would he respond at all?

So again, I was roleblocked N1, and if I was P0 then P0's night action of infection would have been blocked, as it is indeed a night action that is blockable by actions that block night actions, as roleblocking is.

I already claimed. The more time we spend burning on me the more opportunity the infection has to spread. There are many duplicate claims, and there's no such thing as counterclaiming this game apparently, meaning basically any role is safe to claim. At least one of the many claims is obviously fake (Slabdrill), and another has failed to validate as well (Crybaby). I imagine we'll have more luck finding P0 in the mass of duplicate claims than trying to force it out of someone who is increasingly confirmed NOT to be P0.

Seriously, did nobody investigate me last night?

- ShinsukeIto

#43 2019-12-03 15:11:36

Different55
Forum Admin

My options were guarantee a loss by laying low and getting shot or avoid being shot in the hopes I figure out how to farm votes later. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tbh I still feel like I have a lot of material to work with on that front. Probably less as the game goes on but after seeing Crybaby's worst case scenario I think it's better to stick around for a little longer.

- ShinsukeIto

#44 2019-12-03 15:16:19

Different55
Forum Admin

Anyway yeah Crybaby/Slabdrill/Pqwerty I feel is who we should go after. Our two false claims and the claimless.

- ShinsukeIto

#45 2019-12-03 16:33:14

Different55
Forum Admin

Probably reading too far into it, I'd say the same thing, meaning "kills" as "deaths". Although looking back at the exact context maybe less so. But still most likely reading too much into it just because that'd be a super dumb scumslip. Makes a valid point about there being far fewer deaths than there are MurderRoles claimed, even if he is probably the most suspect MurderRole.

Also since I don't think I've said it yet, let's go with Peace and Zelda being clean. Jawapa was adamant he was gonna let peace die but he says he's clean now and like so many people have mentioned he might be just incapable of lying.

- ShinsukeIto

#46 2019-12-03 18:51:00

Different55
Forum Admin

hey wouldn't it be fun if he were patient zero

- ShinsukeIto

#47 2019-12-03 20:51:41

Different55
Forum Admin

Holy heck did peace lie?

Has he gone silent because he knows he can't contain it???

Nah more likely he's fallen behind on the events of the game and doesn't have any new results or anything to offer up yet. Maybe he's asleep/at school/work.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#48 2019-12-04 02:46:14

Different55
Forum Admin

I'm cool with Crybaby.

!vote Crybaby

There, Onjit, I used your H.

- ShinsukeIto

#49 2019-12-04 02:47:06

Different55
Forum Admin

Calling it now, Crybaby flips P0

- ShinsukeIto

#50 2019-12-04 03:15:06

Different55
Forum Admin

Literally none of your comment made any sense lol. If you're asking Shadow not to roleblock, you should be looking somewhere else for P0 since I was blocked the night that Peace was infected. That goes triple if you're finally accepting the possibility of P0 not working through votes.

Speaking of peace, he said his role completely changed while he was infected.

- ShinsukeIto

Onjit1631616544791307

Board footer