Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-02 22:32:30, last edited by Norwee (2019-11-14 15:31:36)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mafia 35 game thread [MAFIA WINS] (GAME OVER)

NOMINATION MAFIA

Setup explanation:

Hidden text

Rules:

Hidden text

Alive players:

1: ZeldaXD
2: Kira
3: Onjit ShadowsEdge
4: ILikeTofuuJoe
5: Slabdrill
6: Taskmanager

Dead players:
KirbyKareem. Lynched Day 1. Vanilla townie.
(Processor) Peace. Lynched Day 2. Vanilla townie.
mutantdevle. Lynched Day 3. Vanilla townie.
eleizibeth. Lynched Day 4. Vanilla townie.
Crybaby NoNK. Lynched Day 5. Vanilla townie.

Day 2 nomination:

Hidden text

Day 4 nomination:

Hidden text

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2019-11-09 16:12:04

NoNK

Re: Mafia 35 game thread [MAFIA WINS] (GAME OVER)

Im town

this is not the outcome i was hoping for

#3 2019-11-09 16:30:20

NoNK

Gonna post a readslist after I read the game but here are a few thoughts

peace was a terrible lynch, scum!peace never would have nominated himself there. Also if you wanted to lynch the least valuable player, you should have picked shadowsedge because he was 100% the least valuable player (plays game narrator and doesn't come to any conclusions, just posts textwalls as both alignments afaik)

#4 2019-11-09 16:35:38

NoNK

NoNK wrote:

Gonna post a readslist after I read the game but here are a few thoughts

peace was a terrible lynch, scum!peace never would have nominated himself there. Also if you wanted to lynch the least valuable player, you should have picked shadowsedge because he was 100% the least valuable player (plays game narrator and doesn't come to any conclusions, just posts textwalls as both alignments afaik)

okay upon reading the game I see that shadow is town because OGI nvm

#5 2019-11-09 16:53:23

NoNK

1:  NoNK role PM

2: ZeldaXD Seems to actively be pushing scum agenda with the votes? This is also the first game where he's actually apologizing about inactivity, whereas in all his town games he just lurks and gives no h*cks about what anyone thinks of him. The fact that he's so self aware in this game feels very bad and he probably should be lynched. Also most of his posts aren't actual content, they're just random scummy pop-ins to shade taskmanager

3: Kira lurking and should probably be lynched on that alone. However after having a toxic experience last game it could be understandable that he just wants to play laid back this game and for that reason he's not my top scumread, zelda is. That being said sitting back and riding wagons is scummy lol

4: ShadowsEdge game narrator but apparently he's town because onjit replaced out? I guess I can ride with that for now?

5: ILikeTofuuJoe My heart wants to townlean him for some reason, but I'm having a hard time actually coming up with anything.

6: Slabdrill Unreadable

7: mutantdevle is making the mechanically correct plays I would expect him to be making as town. He suspected shadow on d2, he's voting kira on d3. Can't locktown him because he's a good player but he feels good.

8: eleizibeth -- seems to be kind of sitting back and shading the popular targets. "what are you doing peace lmao" "kirby did you even try to read about the game haha". That's objectively scummy but at the same time I'm not sure if ele is just a weak player who isn't able to generate decent content so for his slot it's a scumlean instead of a hard scumread like zelda because I don't know if he's capable of a decent towngame. That being said, he was being kind of cautious about what he posts - "I don't know what to bring up except conspiracies" (paraphrased) which reminds me of 2B town, though actions speak louder then words so I don't have enough to justify townreading him here

9: Taskmanage ris putting effort into the game, and getting suspected because of it. I feel like he's being set up by mafia as a sacrificial lamb (like how I let town implode in C9++ with kira/jawap/norboy), espescially if zelda flips scum.

LightGreen = town
Yellow = townlean
White = slabdrill tier
Orange = scumlean
red = scum

!vote ZeldaXD

#6 2019-11-09 21:50:54

NoNK

yikes

!vote Kira

#7 2019-11-09 22:01:12

NoNK

Yeah, that's my intention. I would rather lynch kira over mutant.

I've read most of this game. I completely ignored Crybaby VS. Mutant because lol I'm not reading that quote gore.
I read your lastest post. You're actually solving. I like that.

My lynch preference today is zelda. Why is mutant the best lynch?

Little sidenote, this doesn't say all that much (Although, if NoNK is scum, then it might I suppose), I don't like that NoNK put the color for townlean as yellow. Yellow seems more of like a null-suspicion color, yet he claimed it as townlean. I just find it odd.

this color is hard to read on my screen and I don't feel like copy pasting in hex codes to make my post even fancier. If you know any other [color = some word ] that isn't ugly and looks "towny", let me know! I'm thinking maybe cyan.

#8 2019-11-09 22:10:05

NoNK

Actually forget about kira lurking, you do have some good points about mutant, and I think mutant + zelda are both scummy on the basis that neither of them are solving the game when they typically do. That being said I think zelda is scummier. I think ele/task/shadow are more or less a solid townblock. 

@Shadow, even if you don't townread me because of my predecessor / choice in colors, I want you to at least ISO zelda this game and ISO zelda in C9++ and ISO zelda in purgatorEE (all short reads... lol) and realize just how drastically different he is playing. He lacks any gamesolving MO and is just playing defensive and self aware and it's super gross and needs rope.

!vote ZeldaXD

#9 2019-11-10 00:29:34

NoNK

ZeldaXD wrote:

Well I hope my death will be useful to town and give the necessary info on my voters to catch the scum.

This is how town loses games btw

Wooted by:

#10 2019-11-10 00:33:16

NoNK

We literally have 2 lynches left before we lose the game and suddenly everyone is saying "oh yeah zelda is null but ill vote him anyways" meanwhile zelda seems to have given up, meaning

(a) If he's mafia he is being bussed and/or is content with mafia's position in this game.
(b) If he's town it means he's a bad player

bad freaking vibes either way

#11 2019-11-10 00:35:13

NoNK

Literally in what world does town just say "well I'm dead" and proceed to not vote on the counterwagon knowing lylo is imminent

Wooted by:

rat

#12 2019-11-10 00:46:48

NoNK

What makes me think that this particular game is going to be near impossible to win for town is that the vast majority of this game has no opinion of their own and is just content to follow what's popular, and I have no idea which of the followers are mafia, and if the leaders are mafia, then we lose just like in C9++ where I just played pied piper and lead all you fools astray.

DO SOMETHING ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE, PEOPLE!

#13 2019-11-10 01:31:28

NoNK

slab/shadow/task/nonk all town is good unless im wrong on task or shadow in which case town should lose for sucking

!vote kira

We should flashwagon kira

#14 2019-11-10 01:37:57

NoNK

While the act of getting votes quickly is in and of itself suspicious, I don't really find anyone that voted for zelda suspicious (myself, slab, task) except maybe mutant

!vote mutantdevle [L-1]

#15 2019-11-10 03:54:38

NoNK

So zelda, you have 1 townread, and you don't even think he's that towny?

#16 2019-11-11 12:29:01

NoNK

I'm a bit offended that I"m not nominated. Also, these nominations are literally a townblock I posted yesterday. I put ele in the townblock as a joke to get reactions, but it seems mafia actually believed it.

This pool is 3 town. Scum Shadow does not self-nominate twice in a row when there's all this suspicion that a mafia nominated themselves day 1. Spoiler alert, they didn't.
Scum ele doesn't self nominate when it's been demonstrated we love lynching weak players.

Scum Taskmanager does self nominate here. That being said I don't think he's mafia, but he's the most likely of the three to be mafia.

!vote Taskmanager

#17 2019-11-11 12:30:10

NoNK

NoNK wrote:

I think ele/task/shadow are more or less a solid townblock.

Lol @ mafia falling for the bait of spewing ele town. I'm telling the teacher on you for copying my notes!

Wooted by:

rat

#18 2019-11-11 12:55:40

NoNK

That being said, knowing this pool is 3 town puts me very close to having a full solve.

Mafia have been nominating good / active players all game (I consider peace to be a good player). Mafia tend to nightkill (or in this case nominate) people who are NOT like them, so they have better chance of surviving to endgame. (read: C9++). The fact that this trend has continued makes me think that yeah, this pool is all town.

8 players left. {Task, Ele, Shadow } are all town. Doesn't matter who we kill today as long as we agree the other two are town, though I highly discourage lynching shadow. I am ok to lynch task or ele, but I'm not 100% on who I prefer more though. I think ele being nominated 1 day before LYLO more or less spews him town beyond a reasonable doubt though. That being said I'm not confident he will perform in LYLO whereas I think taskmanager will. So I'm indecisive on that at first glance.

5 players left. I read my role pm, so { NoNK } town.
4 players left. I /think/ the last town is {ZeldaXD }, but that's a less confident read then the rest, so I want to bring zelda to final 4..

I think the exact scumteam is { Slabdrill, Kira, IliketofueJoee }, with zelda as a wildcard.

Going through the ISO's, that scumteam actually makes sense.

Kira is playing more or less the perfect EE forums scumgame, in which you just lurk hard and lynch town. Kira is the kind of person who, after flaming out last game, and watching shadow lurk to the end, would absolutely just lurk this game and push scum agenda through votes.

Slabdrill's ISO is just explaining the game, riding wagons, and contributing nothing. That is par for the course for slabdrill, however what makes slabdrill more suspicious to me is the fact that Kira called him mafia out of the blue, which just feels exactly like the distancing I did on shadow, by calling him mafia when there was no chance he was going to get lynched. There's no harm in Kira also calling task and shadow town, since he's about to endgame anyways. I think if one of the two of them flips red, then the other will also flip red.

Iliketofuejoee is my most confident mafia read, and it's for a bit of a silly reason. Read his iso, it's just bad. He buries peace (bad), just defends himself about mutant (bad), is now suspicious about shadow despite him being town and also onjit replacing out? Bad bad bad. Okay, so get a load of this bad player who can't scumhunt right? Well the reason I think he's mafia and not bad town is literally that he hasn't replaced out yet despite that town's in a losing situation, instead he's just comfortable just existing in a losing situation for town.

-- F8 -->lynch (task/ele)
-- F7 LYLO --> lynch joe/slab/kira
--F6--> nomination lynch town ({ele, task}/shadow/noNK)
--F5 LYLO--> lynch joe/slab/kira
-- F4 --> lynch last mafia
-- F3 --> lynch zelda if game is still on

Final 2 alive are two of (Taskmanager, shadow, NoNK, ele), if no one trusts me to go to endgame that's cool too, just kill me at F6

And now you might be thinking "NoNK how could you possibly have the whole scumteam on day 4?" Well ok first of all read my post, and second of all, if you don't think that's the scumteam, that means I'm either wrong on zelda (which is fine, because we bring zelda + (the stray townie) to final 4 and then lynch them back to back), or you think I'm mafia (which doesn't make sense because I don't even have myself surviving to endgame), so I would have to be partners with one or more of {taskmanager, ele, shadow}, which will look pretty stupid after we lynch one of them today and they flip town

#19 2019-11-11 17:07:09

NoNK

TaskManager wrote:

Also NoNK I don't like how you first gave Ele a scum lean, then put her in a town block (I did point that out yesterday and you ignored it I think??) and now you say it was a trick all along and keep putting her into a townblock while she's been acting scummish for most of the game
If Ele flips scum, then NoNK might be scum too, but that's based mostly on his campaigning for her
Since NoNK so easily tricked us in C9++, I'm getting paranoid and I don't want him to pull the same crap again

Consistency in reads isn't a towntell. In C9++ I made a conscious effort to make my reads "consistent" so that people would townread me. This game I'm not playing for townreads, I'm playing to solve the game. I don't find null-reading people particularly helpful, so I take a stance so that even if it's wrong I get some information. And look at that!

By the way, you shouldn't be confident that you can read when someone's my mafia partner. Last game I was "partners" with Norboy, daneeko, onjit, basically everyone except shadow. If the best flip today is ele, that's okay, as long as people treat task and shadow as town if it's green. If the best flip today is task, that's okay, as long as people treat shadow and ele as town if he flips green.

#20 2019-11-11 17:09:16

NoNK

@Task -- what do you think about slab and kira? They were both on the *awful* mutant wagon, I think they have a potential partner tell between them, and just by PoE they seem likely to be mafia.

#21 2019-11-11 17:19:58

NoNK

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

You stated that if you are mafia, you have to be partners with at least one nominee. We can't eliminate the posibility of you bussing task. It is also very suspicious that you came to a conclusion at the start of the day. Especially when it's an even day. If you posted this right after you were replaced, you might have been able to convince people to lynch me. But you didn't. Although you have a piece of eviddence which is that mutant flipped town, but that you can't really get a strong scumread of me out of that. Your theory soundds hilarious. Why does I'm not being replaced out of the game say that I'm scum? Well, I got a warning from norwegian saying that if I continue to be inactive he'll just replace me out. I want to finish this game. I'm trying to get better at mafia and if you know the games I've played before, I just posted useless junk in the thread and got policy lynched almost every time. The longeset I've survived without being policy lynched is to Day 3. I'm not leaving the game nor I'm being policy lynched. That means I'm getting better at mafia. Although my posts are still bad but it's not completely iseless anymore. I mean, why the **** do I get scumread literally every single time I play mafia? Once I literally threw the game for that.

If you want to know why you're getting scumread, I'll break it down for you.

Mafia is a game where you read motivations.
Town's motivation is to lynch all the mafia.
Mafia's motivation is to make it to the end of the game without being lynched.
You have been playing as if your motivation is simply to not be lynched, since the only thing you do is interact with people who directly attack you, and you have seemingly no interest in finding and lynching mafia.

Do you see why that appears scummy?

Despite that your motivations seem completely anti-town, the fact that you are openly admitting to this is pretty bold, and not something I expect you to pull of as mafia, espescially as a self proclaimed policy lynch.

If you are town, then who do you think is the mafia? There are only 8 people left in the game, 3 of which are mafia.

Pretty sure based on this, lynching between slab and kira tomorrow is better, then taking joe/zelda to 4-way. I want opinions on that.

#22 2019-11-11 19:53:35

NoNK

Shadow, you sound complacent.

#23 2019-11-11 20:02:00

NoNK

Like, we're potentially close to the end of the game. Who is mafia?

#24 2019-11-11 22:51:12

NoNK

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Are you asking me that question? Or someone else?

yes

#25 2019-11-12 00:50:49

NoNK

ZeldaXD wrote:

So NoNK who do you think should be the d5 and the d7 lynches (assuming d6 doesnt exist)?

Kira & Slab at the moment -- then whichever townies survive lynch you and joe in F3/F4

peace1574099629768214

Board footer