Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-10-29 00:24:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: mafia 34 maf gave up town wins

TaskManager wrote:

So you're only saying people are hesitant to vote me only because my wagon gained votes slower?
That's.. cheap
And you have to factor in more stuff
Like people taking Norboy's wagon more as a joke because of the whole Doctor thing
Also time zones

No, I'm saying people were hesitant to vote you because people made posts that expressed a hesitance to vote you...

I have factored in people taking norwegianboy's wagon as more of a joke and my conclusion is that I don't think it's a strong enough factor to disregard my stance on the two wagons.

Time zones were not something I had previously considered so I'm glad you pointed it out. However, timezones don't really play too much of a role in what happened in this context but rather they just give us an explanation as to why those who did not have any input on the wagon had that lack of input.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#27 2019-10-29 00:35:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

Since we have 3 cops, why not let them check both of us?

Well, yeah, if you survive this day then I'd 100% want you checked. But I don't see why I should rely on a PR outing themselves/wasting a night checking something we could resolve today especially when there are no other decent lynch candidates as far as I'm concerned. This sentiment is the perfect solution if we agreed that the optimum strategy was to no lynch but I don't think that no lynching is something anyone should aim for (and I don't recall you advocating for a no lynch either). By day 2 I'd expect my alignment to be confirmed to at least one person and my role to be known to the mafia anyway so if you don't get lynched today (let's be honest, a lack of majority is the most likely scenario the way things are currently going) then I'd be pretty miffed if I didn't at least get to know your alignment the next day.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#28 2019-10-29 00:39:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Proc, your plan is brilliant but there's 1 flaw with it.

From the signup thread:

peace wrote:

EDIT: oops i frogot to tell whihc cops the town get as the town coudld either get an faction cop or an role cop (know only town/mafia or know the rolecard because of this i will make that random so it are 3 random cops either faction or role cop faction coponly knows if the player is mafia or town role cop get sto know the role card saying the role name and the faction

Translation: each cop will be randomly decided (presumably 50/50) to be a role cop or a faction cop.

I don't think you'd fake not knowing this so the logic you have behind your plan makes me think you are town.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#29 2019-10-29 12:49:42

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

but.. that doesn't hurt the plan does it?
a role cop will be able to tell the faction based on rolecard result too:

It can narrow it down, sure. But I'm giving peace the benefit of the doubt in that I don't think he'd resolve it is "mafia doctor" vs "1-shot doctor" I think he'd just give the result of "doctor". But hey, maybe the role cop is more powerful than I'm currently giving it credit for.

Processor wrote:

I am confused mutantdevle, because in the first post in this thread mentions 3 town cops... hmmmm

What else are you expecting from a game hosted by peace? lol. Don't get me wrong I'd love it to be 3 faction cops but I don't think peace has gone back on that edit he made and he's instead just forgotten to emphasise it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#30 2019-10-29 12:59:23

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I said I would join the Endday wagon if I have no idea, not the Task wagon.

The intent is the same - especially considering that task was the only wagon at the time. If you truly meant that you'd be willing to join literally any wagon than that is also worrying.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

And Mutant are you sure that every person in the ‘hesitant or non-hesitant’ list can’t be determined without Task lynched? For me it seemed like you think I’m a scum lol

Of course everyone can be determined without task being lynched - that's literally just reading people based on their posts. But that's no reason we shouldn't lynch him if his death plays such a large role in reading so many people. It's like trying to solve the game by associations - you can make attempts to do it before anyone has flipped scum, but once someone has flipped scum, it becomes much easier.

I also don't really like your statement that you think that I think you're scum. I can understand why you might think that but what I said about you was basically that I would think that if Task was scum. So to me this kinda sounds like you're expecting task to flip scum. So if he is scum, you'll definitely be top of my suspect list.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#31 2019-10-29 15:48:30

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Mutant if you can give me an point by point read on what Taskmanager's flip would tell us i might consider joining again.

mutantdevle wrote:

Non-hesitators:
Luka was voting norwegianboy before switching to you without much hesitation. If you are mafia then that gives me no reason not to believe Luka when he says his votes were joke votes. If you are town then whilst I think that would make luka slightly suspicious the fact that he was on all 3 wagons would suggest to me that his votes were probably all jokes.
Jawapa did not hesitate to vote you as well. If you are town this makes jawapa look suspicious. If you are scum then that gives jawapa some town credit though I don't consider it impossible that he'd bus.
Kirby also changed from norwegianboy to you when Onjit said to do so. So if you are town, Kirby is also highly suspicious. If you are scum then, unlike jawapa who never voted norwegianboy, I don't think Kirby deserves any town credit for following the crowd.
Proc when straight from voting Onjit to voting for you. If you are town then I again think that indicates proc being opportunistic scum. Like jawapa, he never voted norwegianboy so if you are mafia then I think that indicates proc being town.

These people are the main ones who I think would look scummiest if you flipped town. That's not to say, however, that they are necessarily all scum or that there'd be no scum in the later part of the wagon.

Hesitators:
Crybaby did intend to vote for you but eventually decided not to. Him considering it is the important bit. If you are scum, then I think he would be scum also.
2B55 expressed an interest in the wagon but ultimately declared that he'd only join it at the end. Similarly to Crybaby, if you are scum then I think that makes 2B55 quite scummy. Though, if you are town, I still think that kind of stance from 2B55 could still come from scum.
Norwegianboy only decided to vote for you after I had expressed my own reasoning for joining the wagon despite being present and engaged with the game beforehand. I think it's very likely that if you are scum then he was bussing you. Him then changing his mind to no lynch once consensus turns away from you just reinforces that.

Likewise, you being scum would not necessarily make all of these people scum nor does it mean that all the non-hesitators aren't scum.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#32 2019-10-29 15:50:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

I literally quoted peace's post that says role cops see alignment too

I also missed that to be fair. So role cops in this game are just more powerful cops. That's cool.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#33 2019-10-29 15:51:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Onjit wrote:

3 cops is quite strong, but then again, 5 mafia is quite strong

5 mafia is nothing compared to 3 cops lol. We've won this game easily.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#34 2019-10-29 17:47:42

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:
Kira wrote:

Roleblockers: do not **** roleblock

heck no why??

Because you might block a cop...

TaskManager wrote:
Kira wrote:

Doctors: do not heal anyone

this is stupid why
i request doc protect either me or onjit
i suggest picking me cause i have a night action and onjit doesnt :>

You don't deserve protection lol. If the doctors are even going to protect anyone at all then it should be Onjit.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#35 2019-10-29 17:50:17

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Processor wrote:

Given ele's response I find it hard to believe ele and task are affiliated.

Which post are you talking about here?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#36 2019-10-29 18:45:45

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Because you might block a cop...

its not that likely
hmm

So what you're saying is that, despite claiming our best course of action is to just let the cops do their thing so that we can make a more informed lynch tommorow, you're still going to roleblock someone and hence run the risk of preventing a cop from getting us information?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#37 2019-10-29 19:36:38

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

!endday

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#38 2019-10-30 21:23:19

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Task is the mafia roleblocker. Aren't y'all glad we decided not to lynch him yesterday?

!vote TaskManager

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#39 2019-10-30 21:28:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Task is the mafia roleblocker. Aren't y'all glad we decided not to lynch him yesterday?

!vote TaskManager

why are you so sure of that?

Because I investigated you... lol.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#40 2019-10-30 21:34:11

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Okay so I had a quick look through proc's iso and I didn't see any signs of him crumbing his role so I don't think that's why he was killed. I do not wish to speculate on who I think his partner is and nor should anyone else.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

rat

#41 2019-10-30 21:36:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

And you're implying that I flipped mafia.. right

How explicit do you want me to be? I am a role cop. I investigated you. You are the mafia roleblocker.

TaskManager wrote:

You realize that trading yourself for me is a stupid move?
Once I'll flip Town you wont last for long and theres no framers to lie yourself out of it.

Thank you for quite nicely pointing out why there's very little chance I'd be lying here.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#42 2019-10-31 01:18:37

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Are you guys actually kidding me? Do you not remember when task kindly pointed this out to us:

TaskManager wrote:

a role cop will be able to tell the faction based on rolecard result too:

pceae wrote:

or town role cop get sto know the role card saying the role name and the faction

Convenient how he suddenly neglects to mention it when it matters.

Based on my messages with peace, I thought that each role would be grouped, or as I put it yesterday:

mutantdevle wrote:

I'm giving peace the benefit of the doubt in that I don't think he'd resolve it is "mafia doctor" vs "1-shot doctor" I think he'd just give the result of "doctor".

But I can confirm that I do indeed receive both the role and alignment of the player. Specifically, I was told that he was a 'maifa roleblocker' in red text. Upon further clarification with peace, I think what he meant when he told me that the roles were 'grouped' is that specifically the cops and the role cops are just grouped as 'cop'.

In regards to Kirby's claim, I don't really have any reason to doubt it to be honest. If norwegianboy is mafia then he was quick to bus his teammate which is pretty much what he always does when he is mafia. Now I just need to figure out where the people who claimed to be suspicious of me were just ignorant of the conversation we had about cops yesterday, mafia trying to discredit me, or possibly a bit of both.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#43 2019-10-31 01:21:25

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

Hello town, real role cop here. This is going to make things really awkward.... I investigated Mutant last night, and he showed up as a role cop but it didn't show his alignment. I'm led to believe that he's Mafia for his callout on TaskManager, but I don't know this for sure. If we mislynch Mutant, the Mafia will kill me unless a nurse saves me.

I think we should lynch Norwegianboy first, and depending on his flip, it will indicate whether Mutant is scum or not. If both are scum, then we hit 2 scum and that's really good, but if neither are scum, then we will have at least saved a cop from certain death.

Do you have anything to say for yourself Mutant?

My alignment didn't show up for you? Hmm, that's odd.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#44 2019-10-31 01:24:23

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

Kirby is sus I dont trust him

And I don't trust you.

You doubt Kirby's claim.
You come up with reasons to discredit mine.

Why are you so opposed to people coming up with guilties jawapa?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#45 2019-10-31 01:25:21

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

Bro if role cops received their faction then what the **** are faction cops for

Just knowing their faction? lol.

Kirby, you got told just Norwegianboy's faction right?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#46 2019-10-31 01:37:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira's comments that I wouldn't know that Task is the roleblocker doesn't seem like they come from scummy intent. I think it's clear that he genuinely just missed the part where it was stated yesterday.

Luka I'm mixed on. His words seem similarly townie but the fact that he went a step further and was even willing to vote for me if it wasn't for Kirby's claim just irks me the wrong way. Though I feel like I'm just giving too much weight to his vote against me than it's worth. So I'm leaning town for now.

Jawapa though, I'm pretty sure the only intent behind is disbelief was to try and discredit me. There's no way he's not scum here.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#47 2019-10-31 01:40:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:
Kirby wrote:

if i somehow don't get roleblocked tonight, who should i investigate N2?

2B maybe

You are in no position to advise on who should be investigated lol.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#48 2019-10-31 01:47:42

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

So at this stage I'm pretty sure TaskManager, Norwegianboy and Jawapa are all scum.

I'm also quite suspicious of Crybaby since his claim that he didn't receive an alignment in his investigation is sketchy as hell.

I've no idea right now who the other member would be but it's probably one (or two if Crybaby is town) of the people who aren't speaking very much.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#49 2019-10-31 02:02:36

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

Lynching mutant isnt top priority right now,

I don’t see the townie motivation in even wanting to lynch me when we literally have 2 guilties.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#50 2019-10-31 02:20:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Task is a better lynch today than norboy. Even putting aside my bias in that it’s my guilty and that task really should have died yesterday, it’s mechanically better to lynch task.

Task is the role blocker. Norboy has a 25% chance of being each of the other roles. The only time it would be better to lynch norboy would be if we knew he was the doctor since their doctor is what’s preventing us from just shooting one of them and getting both guilties in one day/night cycle. The role blocker on the other hand still has a chance of preventing a vig shot even if norboy is the doctor. He also has the added threats of preventing our doctor from saving a cop or just preventing a cop from investigating someone.

With the mafia’s night kill and the role blocker alive the mafia will be able to prevent up to 2 cops tonight from giving us any results if they get lucky in avoiding our doctor. I’d much rather play it safe and take out the role blocker than risk trying to get the doctor.

Also, I’d really like the confirmed town status because it’s frustrating me that I’m still having to argue my points.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

peace1572778032767219

Board footer