Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#251 2019-09-22 17:13:09

Luka504

Re: Mafia 31 [Mafia Win]

What kind of **** logic is that Kira? You can't setiously suggest that I should trust your judgement if your argument for why we should lynch someone is "why shouldn't we lynch them?"

The burden of proof, or rather, the burden of explanation lies within the person who claims. Do not try to spin that burden back to me, it won't work. Explain.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#252 2019-09-22 17:27:34

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Jawapa while you're here, mind sharing your thoughts on the lynch candidates, who we should vote for and why?

Not convinced shadow is mafia. His initial reaction was kind of dramatic, but that's not enough for me to want to lynch them. On the other hand, they haven't done anything to make me believe they're town either. If we lynch them, and they're town, we need to look closely at those that pushed this wagon.

I'd go along with lynching inactives, I guess. There not much else to go by. I'd vote for either ele or andy. Kirby is always like this. He shouldn't even be allowed to sign up anymore.

I want peace lynched because he annoys the **** out of me.

Discord: jawp#5123

#253 2019-09-22 17:31:18

Andymakeer

my post about the TLDR was metagame, i used information that is OUTSIDE this mafia in particular

pretty much like shadow and anatoly, which both are taking the voting to a personal level

stating someone is mafia on the first round is a pretty bad move, as there are tons of possibilities for the kill to fail (drifter, different universe, tie)

kira is being convenently agressive because there is no vote placed on him, he knows that he is on a safe spot

my opinion on kira strategy:
- he is mafia
- trying to state he is not mafia
- claiming im mafia to make people vote on me
- he doesnt think im mafia, he probably is focusing on me trying to flip me a faction cop (best role imo)

if im right, he will focus on me even more
keep your eyes open guys

F

#254 2019-09-22 17:40:27

ShadowsEdge

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

So now Shadow’s main point is that i am only focusing on him. Look at the activity chart, who’s been posting the most here? Anatoly, Shadow, and me. Anatoly i think he’s town, because only dumb town would reveal their own universe for no reason. Everyone else hasn’t posted as much. Except for Luka and Mutantdevle. Mutant seems more eager to solve the game in this than the "oh i’m so busy, just don’t care about solving this." Attitude from the last game, so he’s a townlean. Luka idk, maybe he’s scum coasting along my opinions, but i think he could also be sharing my aggressive style and wants to solve the game. Barring any flips, i’m not sure i want to scumread him yet. Everyone else will have to start talkin for me to form a stronger read on them. Mutant’s post also made me consider that perhaps the mafia is just watching from the sidelines and not bothering with this whole drama. That might be my biggest concern and reason to reconsider my read on Shadow.

I don't really understand the purpose of this post. In the beginning it sounds like you're trying to make a contradictory statement to my post saying that you're focusing me. But then as you go through it, you switch to statements on others, and then state why you think you're going to reconsider my stance? I feel like there's some point in this post I'm missing, but it's just confusing.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Shadow might be just bad at defending. I’m not leaning Shadow towards either town or mafia because of that.
Shadow, imo, is still a valuable player for us to keep.

I want to ask Norboy about his vote. Why did you lynch Shadow at first? Is it only because he fooled us all in the previous game?

I agree with others on this point. In literally the post above that, you were explaining reasons why lynching me would be good. Then on the next post you do a complete 360 and justify why lynching me is a bad idea.

Also you further tried to push the point that I'm not a good lynch after others joined in on it:

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Okay, even if there’s no info we can gain, is it worth lynching Shadow? Shadow is a strong player and he can help us a lot (if he’s town). Lynching him in D1 is just not a very good move imo.
I currently don’t really have a candidate to suggest.

As for that, you turned to talk about why I'm not a good candidate for lynch after I was:

Backed up by Kira
Backed up by Task
Started to be reconsidered by Norwegian

I feel like at this point, you're just trying to follow the majority instead of create your own opinion.

Kira wrote:

A few hours left and town is going in every directions. As I said in my previous post,  there is nothing we can gain from lynching Anatoly/peace/Shadows and right now Andy is a safe lynch.

Follow us.

As much as I appreciate backup, I'd also like to know a reason why. You brought Andy up out of nowhere, and are now pushing for a lynch against him, while not providing evidence, but asking for others to find that evidence for themselves.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#255 2019-09-22 17:48:47

peace

ok we really need to think it out the 2 mafia teams dont know who is who also if its really true anatoly universe cliamed then he will be dead by mafia this night we can get 2 lynches if we vote right im not sure if thats really wroht it on D1 but its relatively easy to happen if 14 votes on 1 person and 1 vote on someone else that COULD mean 2 lynches alos kirby andymaker and elizebeth should post more and ive sene kira beign less activethen in other mafiaa game sliek protuguEE

Anatoly wrote:

13. ShadowsEdge:   50% - Haven't seen him playing

dud ehe posted alot in this thread

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#256 2019-09-22 17:55:53

Minimania
Moderation Team

Anatoly wrote:

True. But at the same time we don't want to kill the drifter, nor does the mafia. His role is comparable to the Survivor role, just he wins just by game end. So in my opinion it's better for him to reveal now (he's immortal in day 1).

I read through the posts since I was gone, and, I'll just be Frank. I'm trying really hard to give you the benefit of the doubt, Anatoly. You ask people to give you a chance, to believe that you are a townie, but your actions are really treading the lines of my trust. It started off with fishing for Task's universe (not a townie thing to do), insisting that he has to be scum and that the detective roles should devote their resources into frisking him as the dnight comes (another really scummy thing to do), and the straw that broke the camel's back is what I quoted at the start of this post. It's better for the drifter to reveal themselves never. It is never a good idea to reveal your universe. It is never a good idea to try to expose someone else's universe. By doing that, you're very likely putting a) someone else in danger, and b) yourself in danger, as well as c) a lot of scrutiny on yourself. You've suggested before that the town might bus you, and you are drawing a lot of unnecessary attention to yourself by making all of these scum-sounding statements and just, in general, making yourself a target for other people, even without realizing it. If you aren't Mafia, then you're giving them someone they can easily keep alive and use as their puppet, in a way. Realize that your words have consequences, and if you really are a town member, reconsider your strategy, because we shouldn't be giving the Mafia any advantages, even by policy lynching you and peace.

That being said, Peace, I haven't read a single post by you. Spell check your posts, or you will likely continue to not be taken seriously. It is nothing personal, but if the information that you are giving isn't provided in a legible, organized manner, then your posts are very easy for anyone to misconstrue. The townie may think that you might be saying something that you arent, whereas the Mafia could potentially capitalize off of any mistakes you make. All of this is to say that work on improving the quality of your posts first and foremost. Big posts can be a good source of information depending on the content and who writes them, but at this point, even if your posts were tiny 1-2 sentence posts, as long as they're clear and concise, then they're a lot more valuable to us than anything else you're writing.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#257 2019-09-22 17:57:15

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm not perfect, and I probably missed some information there, but I just wanted to get that off my chest.

21cZxBv.png

#258 2019-09-22 18:00:48

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Crybaby wrote:

I'm not perfect, and I probably missed some information there, but I just wanted to get that off my chest.

But who lynch?

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#259 2019-09-22 18:03:25

Minimania
Moderation Team

It's really hard, but I'm really hovering over an Anatoly lynch.

21cZxBv.png

#260 2019-09-22 18:03:49

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'd like it if he responded or something though

21cZxBv.png

#261 2019-09-22 18:06:42

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Elaborate. What kind of information will we gain if Andy flips town and what will we gain if he flips mafia?

As a surface level, Andy flipping scum would be evidence that peace is town (or at the very least, not the same mafia team). The same can also be said about Kira given the random vote and now especially with Andy's recent post. On the other hand, Andy's town flip could be a crucial factor in any cases that later develops against Kira. And for myself also if you'd like.

I have other reasons to support an Andy lynch, though I'd like to keep that closer to my chest for now.

To clarify, saying that sheeping Kira is always a good idea was mostly a joke. Though I must say that in the past when I've been a little stuck in terms of solving the game I've found that strongly considering Kira's points of view has helped me to progress my thoughts even if I came to not agree with his own conclusions. That's the reason why I've decided to follow Kira on Andy rather than suggest my own candidate for the lynch. And trust me, I do have someone in mind that I would have been voting for right now had it not been for Kira's vote.

If you won't trust me on the matter of voting Andy then I'd ask that at the very least you unvote from Shadow. I echo this sentiment towards Norwegianboy.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#262 2019-09-22 18:09:20

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Andymakeer wrote:

stating someone is mafia on the first round is a pretty bad move, as there are tons of possibilities for the kill to fail (drifter, different universe, tie)

kira is being convenently agressive because there is no vote placed on him, he knows that he is on a safe spot

my opinion on kira strategy:
- he is mafia
- trying to state he is not mafia
- claiming im mafia to make people vote on me
- he doesnt think im mafia, he probably is focusing on me trying to flip me a faction cop (best role imo)

if im right, he will focus on me even more
keep your eyes open guys

This post is yet another from Andy that shows he has a competent understanding of the game yet remains clueless in actually providing information and being any useful contribution.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#263 2019-09-22 18:14:07

Anatoly

I’m eliminiated this round? Again...

#264 2019-09-22 18:15:51

Minimania
Moderation Team

Anatoly, stop assuming that the world is against you. Get your head in the game. This is your chance to prove to everyone that you are competent and that we should more seriously consider you in Mafia games, but you have to focus on the objective, without making yourself look like a fool

21cZxBv.png

#265 2019-09-22 18:16:25

Minimania
Moderation Team

You could start off by reading posts instead of assuming your own demise

21cZxBv.png

#266 2019-09-22 18:16:54

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Keep in mind that Anatoly has universe-claimed, which makes him a guaranteed kill target for mafia. I don't know why mafia would go after someone else with a 50% kill chance instead of someone with a 100% chance (Anatoly), so if we don't lynch him, mafia will most likely kill him tonight. If we lynch Anatoly, then the mafia will have to go after someone else with a 50% chance of success, but it's a relatively high chance (1 in 2) and we could potentially lose a more valuable player. So I think we should NOT lynch Anatoly.

gLjTZE1.png

#267 2019-09-22 18:17:27

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I don't understand why Mutant and Kira think we'll change our votes or unvote when the whole justification is "Why don't you guys just trust us now for seemingly no reason?"

#268 2019-09-22 18:18:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

I read through the posts since I was gone, and, I'll just be Frank. I'm trying really hard to give you the benefit of the doubt, Anatoly. You ask people to give you a chance, to believe that you are a townie, but your actions are really treading the lines of my trust. It started off with fishing for Task's universe (not a townie thing to do), insisting that he has to be scum and that the detective roles should devote their resources into frisking him as the dnight comes (another really scummy thing to do), and the straw that broke the camel's back is what I quoted at the start of this post. It's better for the drifter to reveal themselves never. It is never a good idea to reveal your universe. It is never a good idea to try to expose someone else's universe. By doing that, you're very likely putting a) someone else in danger, and b) yourself in danger, as well as c) a lot of scrutiny on yourself. You've suggested before that the town might bus you, and you are drawing a lot of unnecessary attention to yourself by making all of these scum-sounding statements and just, in general, making yourself a target for other people, even without realizing it. If you aren't Mafia, then you're giving them someone they can easily keep alive and use as their puppet, in a way. Realize that your words have consequences, and if you really are a town member, reconsider your strategy, because we shouldn't be giving the Mafia any advantages, even by policy lynching you and peace.

The flaw with your points about Anatoly is that you assume that as mafia he'd play like any other player with the exception that he isn't good at it. In reality, the only thing he'd care about as mafia is not looking like mafia. So when you see him doing things like trying to find out people's roles, something your typical mafia would want to do but far more subtly, that's actually evidence that he is town. As mafia, he wouldn't care to try and find out other people's roles as he'd be too paranoid about being caught. On the other hand, role-fishing is a very common trait amongst new players - I was almost lynched on day 1 on my second MafiaScum game for it - and we all know Anatoly's understanding and approach to the game is basically that of someone who is new.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#269 2019-09-22 18:19:56

Luka504

!unvote

Fine. Besides, since we're better off having only one lynch candidate by the end of the day, and considering the general consensus that shadow shouldn't be lynched today, I'm best off invoting for now.

Honestly, if Andy flips mafia then I'd argue that Kira would still be suspicious for starting his wagon so suddenly. Throwing your teammates under the bus to make sure you remain unsuspected is a viable strategy, and Kira just might be employing it.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#270 2019-09-22 18:23:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I don't understand why Mutant and Kira think we'll change our votes or unvote when the whole justification is "Why don't you guys just trust us now for seemingly no reason?"

Had you read my response to Luka when you wrote this post? Because if so then this statement is just insulting.

Besides, I thought you were town reading me? If that is true, then why am I not worthy of your trust?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#271 2019-09-22 18:24:05

Minimania
Moderation Team

You (Mutantdevle and ZeldaXD) are both right, but keep in mind that Anatoly has teammates, and if they think it beneficial to exploit Anatoly's lack of experience with the game, then they can and will use him as a puppet. He could very well be pretending to be incompetent while "reading a script" if he is Mafia. Even if he isn't, the Mafia could potentially try to make him seem suspicious by keeping him alive regardless of the supposed Universe reveal

21cZxBv.png

#272 2019-09-22 18:24:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Honestly, if Andy flips mafia then I'd argue that Kira would still be suspicious for starting his wagon so suddenly. Throwing your teammates under the bus to make sure you remain unsuspected is a viable strategy, and Kira just might be employing it.

I agree with your conclusion but not with your reason.

Yes, Kira could still be mafia if Andy flips mafia. No, it's not because he threw his teammate under the bus. It'd be because he's aligned with a different universe.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#273 2019-09-22 18:26:26

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

then they can and will use him as a puppet.

Yeah that's not really worked so well in the past...

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#274 2019-09-22 18:31:08

Anatoly

Crybaby wrote:

You could start off by reading posts instead of assuming your own demise

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 53#p762453

!vote peace
Crybaby wrote:

You (Mutantdevle and ZeldaXD) are both right, but keep in mind that Anatoly has teammates, and if they think it beneficial to exploit Anatoly's lack of experience with the game, then they can and will use him as a puppet. He could very well be pretending to be incompetent while "reading a script" if he is Mafia. Even if he isn't, the Mafia could potentially try to make him seem suspicious by keeping him alive regardless of the supposed Universe reveal

I don’t know who else is town...

#275 2019-09-22 18:31:17

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

mutantdevle wrote:

Besides, I thought you were town reading me? If that is true, then why am I not worthy of your trust?

If i'm right about my suspicion, then you might be a confirmed town. But i can't just leave it as is without considering the other possibility.
I guess Andy could objectively be a good lynch option, i'm just wary of the ones that suggested it.

Onjit1631616771791313

Board footer