Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-21 03:20:30, last edited by Onjit (2019-09-28 14:03:24)

Onjit
Website

Mafia 31 [Mafia Win]

Game is over, mafia win by technicality
Hidden text

:.|:;

#2 2019-09-21 07:49:13

ShadowsEdge

Re: Mafia 31 [Mafia Win]

Anatoly, the Universes are essential for a couple of factors, I'll explain it as best as I can for now:

The universes are important for who you lynch: You can lynch anyone you like, but if the person with the most lynches for each Universe will be lynched at the end of the day. He's explained how that works in the OP, which makes it a lot better for you to read how that works in the OP.

The universes are important for who the Mafia kill: The Mafia can only kill people in their own Universe, therefore meaning that if a Mafia from Universe Alpha were to try and kill a Town from Universe Omega (Or vice versa), the kill would fail, and there would be no kill for them. (This is because Onjit wanted there to be more of a risk revealing what Universe you're from.)

The universe in general is supposed to be like a key feature to the mechanics of the game. This still is the main thread, where everyone can talk, the game will run pretty much like a regular Mafia game, but the Universe themself adds more of a risk to both sides of alignments.

I really agree you heed what Luka was saying and read the OP. Because, like Luka has said, there is a lot of information in there, which can explain how everything works a lot better than I can.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by:

#3 2019-09-21 07:58:27

ShadowsEdge

Norwegian, I have a question. I know you're doing this because of last game, but why are you starting a lynch against me so early?

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#4 2019-09-21 08:08:28

ShadowsEdge

Aight so now people want to kill me from the very beginning. Understandable, but you guys do realize I was helpful to everyone even as Mafia, I might not have seemed like it after the game concluded, but all of you believed me because I was helpful to everyone. I know I'm not mafia so I'm just trying to help genuinely now.

Also

Luka504 wrote:

Right off the bat, we should probably discuss something rather important. Hoe many people should we vote for?

If we have multiple lynch candidates at the end of the day, we have a chance of killing two mafia members at once, and using the information of who died, we can figure out the universes other people are from.

The problem? The mafia find that out too. The mafia can only kill people from their own universe, so we don't want them to know who's from what universe. Today, there is a 75% chance that one mafia member won't kill anyone, since they'd be shooting in the dark. But that percentage of missing will decrease rapidly as more information becomes available to them.

I think it would be better to only have one lynch candidate *at the end of the day.* You're fine to vote for whomever, but once we've decided who we want to die, we should unvite everyone else.

Thoughts?

I think that lynching one person will be fine (since I agree that we shouldn't be revealing what Universe someone is from). Unless there's two candidates we know are mafia (likely from Factional Cop), then we'd lynch both of them and find out what Universe both of them are from. (Since if one gets lynched, one is a Universe Alpha/Omega, and the other is a Universe Omega/Alpha.

Other than that scenario, I do agree that only one candidate should be up for lynch.

~BeepnBoop

#5 2019-09-21 08:18:19

ShadowsEdge

Luka504 wrote:

You know you aren't a mafia?
Huh.
That's rather strange. Why not just say "I'm not mafia"?

Does it really matter? I'm being suspected either way.

The way I orientate the sentence has no meaning on what I originally said, which I still stand by.

~BeepnBoop

#6 2019-09-21 08:21:25

ShadowsEdge

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

ShadowsEdge’s recent posts are chuck full of LAMIST WIFOM OMGUS ATE elements and I think we can POE lynch him now based on VCA and WKING.

You seem very confident on lynching me, and we've only gotten into the 19th post of the game. This is highly different from how you played last game, where you advised against lynching so early, and even brought up suspicion against Luka simply for starting a lynch against someone so early.

My fate is pretty much sealed, so while I can, I'm going to put the suspicions on people that I find suspicious, because I'm gonna be lynched either way.

~BeepnBoop

#7 2019-09-21 08:25:43

ShadowsEdge

Like I said, I already know I'm gonna be lynched, since you and Norwegian won't listen to reason. I told you my syntax of that statement holds no value, it's just a way that I thought of it when I said it.

My other sentences are "alarming" because both you and Norwegianboy take it in the context of last game, in which I was Mafia. So no matter what I do, I'll be suspected, so lynch me if you want, but I'm gonna spend my time finding other possible candidates other than trying to defend against a moot point. Because both of you have made it very obvious of your stance.

~BeepnBoop

#8 2019-09-21 08:26:35

ShadowsEdge

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Aight so now people want to kill me from the very beginning.

Only Norboy voted for you then you already said people wants to kill you?

The other person I was referring to was you because of this post:

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Let’s vote Shadow so he doesn’t get to post wall of text hahaha

I realize it was a joke post, but I counted it in anyways.

~BeepnBoop

#9 2019-09-21 08:38:16

ShadowsEdge

Luka504 wrote:

Shadow you're not making things better for yourself, love.

You and Norwegian are putting me in a rough spot. So what do you expect me to do?

I say my points:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I think we can POE lynch him now based on VCA and WKING.

Luka504 wrote:

My alarm bells are ringing loudly.

I say that "I know I'm not Mafia," which, genuinely was just my wording that I thought of at the time:

Luka504 wrote:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

"I’m not mafia"
Words that have never been uttered by scum since the beginning of time.

Every point I make, you and Norwegian find a way to turn it around at me. And for what, the game has barely started, and the both of you are deliberately trying to set suspicion on me. And I see that, because Norwegian makes it so that there's no claims that I can make:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

ShadowsEdge’s recent posts are chuck full of LAMIST WIFOM OMGUS ATE elements and I think we can POE lynch him now based on VCA and WKING.

And Luka is following him in it all. The only reason I don't believe in a Luka/Norwegian duo team is because it would be stupid of you to put a connection between the two of you, especially so early, which I think both of you already know.

You say "I'm not making things better for [me]" but that's because no matter what I do, I'll be suspected. As I've said with the posts above. Yet none of you bring suspicions onto the aggressors, only me, because I have a different way of defending myself.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Nobody gave you a single thought of suspicion in the last game, allowing you to coast to the scum victory completely undetected. I’m trying to force some reactions from you so i can understand if you’re really on our side. And i gotta say, your panicking from my initial half-jokey posts isn’t helping your case. Why are you so nervous? Your reaction mirrors that of scum 2B55B5G in the last game when i was pressuring him heavily and he went fully emotional with his: "oh my lynch is inevitable now, but i am TOWN. Oh woe be me ;(" argument.

What else do you want me to say? The only way I would get by is by either claiming my Universe, or claiming my role. But in either case, I'd be killed by the mafia. So there's no definite proof of what I can do to defend myself. All I can say is series of posts to try and defend myself. Which obviously will not work, because both you and Luka are set on me being mafia.

~BeepnBoop

#10 2019-09-21 08:46:12

ShadowsEdge

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Your lynch isn’t "inevitable". You’ve got a single vote against you. Your strong reaction to it is weird.

It's "inevitable" because you and Luka wont listen to reason. And from what I understand, the person with the most votes at the end of the day is lynched. So, yes, I take it that my lynch is inevitable, because you, Norwegian, voting for me, AND not listening to reason of any points I make for why I'm not mafia, and a point that 2B55 made as well, makes it seem like you won't change your stance on my lynch. So yes, I think it's "inevitable."

~BeepnBoop

#11 2019-09-21 09:13:04

ShadowsEdge

It's probably a joke lynch or a policy lynch.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#12 2019-09-21 09:51:25

ShadowsEdge

Crybaby wrote:

what good is finding someone's universe? if I'm gathering it right, people can vote to lynch for anyone from either universe, so it isnt like you have to make sure to vote for the people in your own universe

I don't think finding out someone's universe is something necessarily good for Townspeople. Because the Mafia have to know what someone's given Universe is in order to kill them (Since they cant kill inter-universe). And yeah, you can vote for anyone from either universe, the only difference that Universes make to the lynching system is that there can be a possibility for two lynches a day (One from Universe Alpha, and another from Universe Omega).

~BeepnBoop

#13 2019-09-21 09:54:48

ShadowsEdge

Luka504 wrote:

Shadow, I'm not set on you being a mafia. If I was I would have voted for you by now.

But you're acting weird; And this has nothing to do with the previous game either. Even if this was your first game, I'd still find your posts suspicious because they simply are.

Your death isn't inevitable. The day has barely started and only four out of the 15 players got a chance to say something. People aren't just going to blindly follow me or norwegianboy and lynch you without thinking for themselves, and that's something you should know.

As I said before, I said it's "invetible" because Norwegian is set on me. As he has said:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Well i feel perfectly fine parking my vote on ShadowsEdge until other people have had their input. So you’re not wrong there.

And I checked the OP, the person with the highest votes will always be lynched (So plurality lynches will take place, but I don't think they're forced like they were on PurgatorEE and The French Revolution).

I'll admit they are suspicious, but that doesn't negate the fact that Norwegian is set on me. I said you were set on me, but I also said that I think you were just following Norwegian, which I did say earlier.

~BeepnBoop

#14 2019-09-21 09:55:49

ShadowsEdge

Messed up on grammar there.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

"invetible"

Meant "inevitable"

~BeepnBoop

#15 2019-09-21 10:13:27

ShadowsEdge

Crybaby wrote:

Anyways, given that the highest voted from both universes gets lynched, then that means the Mafia can figure out someone's universe if there's a tie t in votes but one of them dies anyway. That sounds kind of lame.

So in the OP it says the highest person from each universe will get lynched. So if those two people had the highest votes, then if they're in different universes, then they would both be lynched, but if they're in the same, neither would be lynched, since it's only one person from each universe (So if there's a tie neither is lynched). It also explains in the OP how you could figure out someones Universe through the Lynch system, which makes it an intentional thing on Onjit's part.

As for this part:

Crybaby wrote:

Wow, that sucks, honestly. You might has well have made them vanilla townies

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the Universe townies here. The different Universe plays a giant role in the gameplay, and is pretty much one of the greatest factors for us.

If Mafia try to kill someone that isn't in their universe, they'd essentially lose a kill for that night, and we'd lose one less person in doing so.

~BeepnBoop

#16 2019-09-21 10:45:02

ShadowsEdge

Crybaby wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the Universe townies here. The different Universe plays a giant role in the gameplay, and is pretty much one of the greatest factors for us.

If Mafia try to kill someone that isn't in their universe, they'd essentially lose a kill for that night, and we'd lose one less person in doing so.

I dont know if you're trying to play me for a fool but I'm pretty sure there's nothing for any town member to gain from knowing someone else's universe, unless Town cops can only frisk people in their universe too, in which case this game would be horribly unbalanced. Though, presuming that isnt the case, and it probably isn't, then this is pretty much a useless role

I don't really understand what you mean. Yeah, there's not much town can gain from knowing someones Universe, but it's essential that we keep it unknown to the Mafia, since it can possibly prevent a kill in the future. Since Mafia from one universe can't kill people from the other universe. Thus making way for a possible miskill.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

rat

#17 2019-09-21 10:54:53

ShadowsEdge

I think I might have misunderstood your question. What role are you talking about? I thought you were talking about Universe A/O townies being useless because the only factor to it is the Universe and such. But I might have just misunderstood what you were asking about completely.

~BeepnBoop

#18 2019-09-21 16:31:19

ShadowsEdge

Aight so I took a nap because I got tired. Now there's discussion going on about me.

mutantdevle wrote:

Luka's reasons for suspecting Shadow are awful, lack substance, and are nothing more than clutching at straws. I'm also fairly certain that Norwegian didn't even have a reason for his vote.

Shadow's overreaction to those comments is just weird. She's clearly a competent player, so it's very odd that she'd basically throw a hissy fit over mild comments against her. That leads me to believe that her reaction is fake and that she's just trying to display a personality that's as different as possible to what we saw last game.

So saying that I was "overreacting" isn't so much as a stretch, but it isn't also so much as close to the truth. Yes, I'll admit I went a little overboard with it, but I honestly dont know what you expected me to do in that situation. I've shown the way that Norwegian went about trying to put suspicion on me. The only way I could have POSSIBLY changed their mind is by roleclaiming. And even in that sense, it wouldn't be guaranteed they'd change their mind.

Another note, I'm a guy, not a girl.

TaskManager wrote:

wow this escalaed quickly

!lynch Anatoly
lets go
i say we go for him instead of peace if we're doing a policy lynch cause peace is easy to read

Luka504 wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

I know I'm not mafia so I'm just trying to help genuinely now.

You know you aren't a mafia?
Huh.

luka attacks wording to pull scum tells out of his ****
thats petty, slight scum lean here

norboy pressuring shadow seemed really weak and unreasonable to me, however it still yielded a result
even though it seems like it, i wouldn't say norboy and luka are teammates, since that would be too risky to do first day into the game
however judging by luka's day 1 play in french revolution i'd say it is within his possibilities to push aggressively on day 1 as a mafia player

at the same time i find it really odd how shadow instantly took a "yeah lynch me im dead now" attitude

I didn't instantly take a "I'm know Im dead lynch me" stance. I did go quickly into the "Yeah I'm gonna be lynched" quickly (First mentioned it in my 6th post), but thats because I felt that I couldn't change Norwegian's stance, which, lo and behold I was right:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Well i feel perfectly fine parking my vote on ShadowsEdge until other people have had their input. So you’re not wrong there.

And it's not like his "until other people have had their input" will change his mind in any way. It's Day 1, what kind of evidence is anyone supposed to bring to the table to change their minds? The only way anyone could propose another candidate was if someone tried your twisted way of finding "suspicious" people onto others. So in all reality, your opinion to wait for more input doesn't change anything about your stance, as you would know. No one can provide evidence for my case.

I told people I knew I was destined for the hammer, but I didn't openly say "Hey guys, lynch me because I know I'm already gonna die k thanks" I just said I know I'm gonna be the target of today's lynch (As I made a post about why I believed it would be me and not anyone else), but I still tried to defend points made against me. On that front, it still proved that I would be the target for today's lynch, since none of what I said changed Norwegian's or Luka's mind.

mutantdevle wrote:

Luka's reasons for suspecting Shadow are awful, lack substance, and are nothing more than clutching at straws. I'm also fairly certain that Norwegian didn't even have a reason for his vote.

Shadow's overreaction to those comments is just weird. She's clearly a competent player, so it's very odd that she'd basically throw a hissy fit over mild comments against her. That leads me to believe that her reaction is fake and that she's just trying to display a personality that's as different as possible to what we saw last game.

When I read them I thought they were real comments. I didn't throw a "hisssy fit over mild comments," I got defensive because I thought I was being suspected on the premise of being mafia last game. And in that circumstance, how was I supposed to defend myself? Their evidence has no grounds to hold in this game, yet they used it openly. Although that isn't exactly what Norwegian did do, it's what I thought he was doing, hence why I took the route of "I'm destined to be lynched." But contrary to how Taskmanager sets it up, and to how you've set it up, I'm not encouraging people to lynch me, and I'm not faking my reaction.

The only reason my reactions seem "overexaggerated" is because there's no way to handle the situation. I was chosen as a lynch. And, contrary to how Norwegian has set me up:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I understand what you're going for Mutant, but i still think that even if Shadow's reaction is slightly odd it's an honest one. Shadow barely got any pressure at all on his slot in the last game, so what we're seeing now could just be his way of tackling pressure.

I was suspected, the reason I'm handling this one differently is for one reason you never brought up. Zelda's and Bimps' suspicions actually had grounds to what they were saying. Zelda had a reason to suspect me, something from that game and tangible. While they eventually dropped it, it was still something that was more than just an accusation. Same similarly goes for Bimps, in a sense. Bimps didn't actually have much grounds to it, but his was something at least. Because he skimmed over the thread, and then assumed I was Mafia from my posts. That's something more than what you and Luka brought to the table, which was taking elements from last game, to act as a reason to suspect me for this game. With the accusations put on me now, what am I supposed to do? I've tried saying points, yet again, but they're all moot because of the way you take them.

You and Luka refuse to see an alternative, which is why I went about things the way I did. 2B55 proposed the idea that:

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

But think of it in another way, if Shadow is mafia will he act like this?

But both of you disregarded it, I tried to bring it up again, and it was, again, disregarded.

My point is that, I cant change your minds, because you aren't willing to listen to what I have to say. You have the image of me that I'm set in stone to be mafia, yet never look at the alternative because you believe that I'm mafia, and thus far nothing has been able to change your minds.

Alright I think that's all of the stuff I wanted to say.

~BeepnBoop

#19 2019-09-21 16:44:20

ShadowsEdge

Anatoly wrote:

@ShadowsEdge for long posts please add a tl;dr; here's mine:

I do add a tl;dr if the post is extremely long (And technically I did add a tl;dr of the entire point of the post at the end, I just didn't put "tl;dr on it"

ShadowsEdge wrote:

My point is that, I cant change your minds, because you aren't willing to listen to what I have to say. You have the image of me that I'm set in stone to be mafia, yet never look at the alternative because you believe that I'm mafia, and thus far nothing has been able to change your minds.

This part is the tl;dr. Sorry for not mentioning it, but I didn't really seem like I needed to put a tl;dr, my post isn't really that long, it just looks long because I had a lot of quotes from other posts in there to talk about what I was trying to say. Hence why the post looked so long. My actual commentary isn't that long.

~BeepnBoop

#20 2019-09-21 17:00:50

ShadowsEdge

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

@ShadowsEdge
I feel like you're putting words in people's mouth now. I was never "dead set" on you being mafia. I voted you and because of my mischievous character, i took it even further with the accusations because i wanted to see how you reacted to it. Now it seems like you're trying to paint both me and Luka as having some sort of irredeemable vengeance towards you because you were mafia in the last game.
To bring up my main point, i am openly admitting my initial posts against you had zero merit, but your reactions to my probing proved strange. You admit yourself that your fears of an lynch made you irrational, which brings up what I've mentioned before. If you truly had nothing to hide, and you yourself knew my attack had lacking evidence (which is bleeding obvious for a Day 1 lynch) then why did you react in such an way? It's been pointed out by multiple people so far, so i think this is something people would like to hear you address.

I have addressed it. In my post where I talked about all of this stuff, I showed why I went about things the way I did.

I tried showing reason for it. And I initially didn't take it seriously. My first post in response to your accusation of me was:

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Norwegian, I have a question. I know you're doing this because of last game, but why are you starting a lynch against me so early?

And then

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Aight so now people want to kill me from the very beginning. Understandable, but you guys do realize I was helpful to everyone even as Mafia, I might not have seemed like it after the game concluded, but all of you believed me because I was helpful to everyone. I know I'm not mafia so I'm just trying to help genuinely now.

The reason I took the lynch seriously is because Luka started to join in on it too, with you continuing in with it as well. You weren't "dead set" from the beginning. But I made it out like that because how else was I supposed to change your mind. What went from a joke lynch turned into something that I can't defend. As I've shown in many posts. And my stance of saying you're "dead set" on me, is because there's absolutely no way I could change your mind of your stance on me. I've tried multiple times, but every point I make you turn it around against me. That's my whole point of saying that you're "dead set on me." And the "irredeemable vengeance" part is an exaggeration too. I said that you guys are using points from last game to justify the lynch, sure now it's something more than from that initial evidence, but when you first started it, it was just evidence using last game, and then going about it in a way that prevented me from having any sense of redeeming myself.

I reacted that way because I've said it multiple times before. All of you make it out as if I'm playing this game COMPLETELY different from how I went about last game. The only difference is that I actually tried to defend myself this game. I added in the "I'm destined to be lynched" part, because at the time I knew I was gonna be the sole candidate, as I've mentioned before. Can you really put yourself in my position and tell me there was ANY way to defend myself?

I tried asking you why you voted to lynch me, and you turned it around with a joke, so I moved on from it.

And then Luka brought it up again, except more seriously, so I had to make a point about it. Which in turn made me snowball effect into suspicions from the both of you.

How do you expect me to defend myself in a situation where I see no grounds of evidence for actually being a lynch candidate? How do you expect me to defend myself without being called "suspicious" or "acting weird?" Last game I didn't defend myself because I had no reason to. This game I do have reason to, because if I don't I'll effectively be, again, the sole candidate for today's lynch. In both circumstances from last game, there was an alternative, and they had grounds to what they were saying. But in this game, I'm solely being suspected, on a grounds that makes absolutely no sense. How do you expect me to go about any of this, when there's no viable way to go that would effectively change your mind?

The reason I went about it in such a specific way was because of the way you decided to go about suspecting me. There was no grounds to what you or Luka chose to suspect me on, but you continued on anyways. And since there's no grounds, how am I supposed to defend it? Am I just supposed to magically pull something out of thin air to make you guys change your mind?

I don't know what you expect of me, but there's the reason. I will continue to defend myself if I have to, but if you want to continue to suspect me, then go ahead. You've made it abundantly clear that you have no intentions of changing your mind. So going about trying to only makes it worse for me.

~BeepnBoop

#21 2019-09-21 17:31:27

ShadowsEdge

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

A lot of text

You're still defnding yourself from the initial BS arguments i came up with, i've already put those aside. What i wanted to know is why you reacted the way you did before you took your little nap.
Also you keep bringing up the "there's no way you'll change your stance on me anyway!" stance, but that's just par for the course. This is mafia, one should never trust anybody unless there is complete and totally verifiable evidence to the contrary.

I don't know what you're asking of me, I've explained how I saw the question, and answered it to what I thought you were asking. If I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, then clarify what you're saying.

And yes, this is Mafia, nothing is ever for certain. And that's my whole point, you take it like it's a certainty that I'm mafia, and have even said it yourself that you think that I'm mafia. As a certainty. My stance that "I'll never change your mind" is the whole reason I went about doing things the way I did. It's essentially why I took things differently this game compared to last game.

TaskManager wrote:

∁∁∁∁∁αααααα∁∁∁∁∁αααααα∁∁∁∁∁αααααα

ShadowsEdge wrote:

You and Luka refuse to see an alternative, which is why I went about things the way I did. 2B55 proposed the idea that:

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
But think of it in another way, if Shadow is mafia will he act like this?

But both of you disregarded it, I tried to bring it up again, and it was, again, disregarded.

hey its like mafia never ever used that excuse or the "lynch me i suck" strat

I never told anyone to lynch me. Why are you still pushing the idea that I'm encouraging people to lynch me?

~BeepnBoop

#22 2019-09-21 18:10:09

ShadowsEdge

Anatoly wrote:

I see taskmanager figured out my message and knows what universe I'm in. I hope trusting him was not a mistake. I'm also sure taskmanager is in my universe.

mrjawapa wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Then.. what's the point in playing at all? We're in N1 and you're shooting your teammate? I thought we're all #fairplay.

I really don't know what you're asking me.

Why would someone want to kill his teammate night 1 even if its' peace?

But there's something interesting about your message! See #94. Who would that detailed repeat someone else's message?

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I don't know what you're asking of me, I've explained how ...

What? I don't understand how that makes you think I'm mafia. I just asked Norwegian to clarify what he's saying. It's not the first time, either. I've said a lot that I misunderstood questions. So I just said that because I thought I misunderstood Norwegian's question.

~BeepnBoop

#23 2019-09-21 18:29:12

ShadowsEdge

mutantdevle wrote:

Also, in what way have I 'set it up' that you encouraged people to lynch you? All I've accused you of is faking an overreaction.

That part was meant about what Taskmanager said. Not about you. (I had it listed to what I was claimed as by each of you in order of which person did what, sorry for the confusion).

mutantdevle wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

As a mafia member faking a reaction your intent is exactly 'I want them to buy this reaction as real because I wouldn't react like this as mafia'. So the very notion that you are pushing the idea that you wouldn't have overreacted if you were mafia just gives me more reason to believe that you faked your reaction.

I explained before that the reason I specifically reacted that way is because there was no viable way I could have defended myself. I could have just done nothing, but what would that have gotten me? Still being voted on by Norwegian, because his focus was on me at the time. And how was I supposed to ignore the fact that Luka started bringing it up as well? Was I just supposed to ignore multiple people and let all of them just eventually have a chance of changing their mind?

mutantdevle wrote:

And you came to this conclusion from 1 vote...

Onjit said there's plurality lynch in effect on this game. So yes, I went to that conclusion because Norwegian voted for me, Luka joined in on the suspicion, and there was no one else being suspected, nor anyone else that would be suspected.

mutantdevle wrote:

And this isn't an overreaction, how? 1 person voting you isn't going to kill you.

Read the above reasoning.

mutantdevle wrote:

You went more than a 'little' overboard. The arguments against you were weak and you assumed points of criticism against you that were never stated. Based on your performance last game, I'd have expected you to have a more calculated response to the posts (eg, deconstructing them and pointing out how **** they are), not seemingly lose your mind over it. The problem I'm having is that if you were this sensitive to accusations then at the very least you would have posted paranoia in the PT we shared last game. But you didn't, you were calm at all times. So I'm struggling to see how your panic and appeal to emotion is natural in this game.

Norwegian's at the time I didn't think was a joke lynch, and Luka's was just joining on it. All of you guys are saying that I'm "Paranoid" and "nervous" just because I'm actually defending myself this game. How does me defending myself come off as a scum appeal? I didn't defend myself last game because I saw no reason to. This game, there is reason, because I'm being lynched on premises that make absolutely no sense. And on the point that I didn't do a more "calculated response" to the post:

ShadowsEdge wrote:

ShadowsEdge wrote:

You seem very confident on lynching me, and we've only gotten into the 19th post of the game. This is highly different from how you played last game, where you advised against lynching so early, and even brought up suspicion against Luka simply for starting a lynch against someone so early.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Every point I make, you and Norwegian find a way to turn it around at me. And for what, the game has barely started, and the both of you are deliberately trying to set suspicion on me. And I see that, because Norwegian makes it so that there's no claims that I can make:

The claim that I'm just giving up is absolutely false. I accepted the fact that yes, I will be lynched. But my "overreaction" is nothing. Because I was pointing out flaws in their logic. But again, no matter what I do, it's all pushed to the side to think that I'm Mafia and no other possible option is available.

I'm not panicking, I'm not having paranoia. I'm simply stating what I think to be true. Yes I think I'll be lynched. But how does me thinking I'll be lynched make you think I'm "being paranoid" or "panicking." Sure, there's alternatives, but what possible alternatives could come from any of this if the focus has been completely on me?

Also, I was very nervous last game as Mafia. I was just able to hide it. I held out this stance of "I'm not paranoid, we can win this" sort of mood, because doing that made it easier to hide my paranoia from possibly being revealed last game. I just never showed it, because I felt it was best for me as Mafia, and for the group as Mafia if I held out in a position where I looked like I wasn't breaking down.

~BeepnBoop

#24 2019-09-21 19:08:36

ShadowsEdge

mutantdevle wrote:

Shadow, you came to the conclusion that your lynch was inevitable after 1 vote, 1 **** reason for being suspicious of you, and no alternatives being suggested after only 2 hours of you being voted. I don't see how you can honestly describe that as anything other than an overreaction. The reasons were weak, you knew that. Why on earth would you think that literally everyone else would suddenly join a wagon against you based on blatantly weak reasonings? Why would you think that no one else could possibly be seen as suspicious with over 30 hours still left in the day? The only way you could be that sure that you were 100% gonna die is if you thought the rest of us were immensely thick and were just gonna sheep everything Luka and Norwegian said.

My whole point is that no one else was going to be lynched. Plurality lynch takes place, so yes, I jumped to the conclusion. One vote on me, and no votes on anyone else. Just one vote. That makes me be lynched because plurality lynch takes place. It didn't matter if people joined a bandwagon on me, because if I was the only one being voted at the end of the day, I would be lynched either way, because of plurality.

I stuck by the stance of "I'm gonna be lynched" because what else was I supposed to believe? It was obvious Norwegian would not change his mind. And at the time I didn't think anyone else would be a target for lynch, because I didn't think Policy lynches would still ensue.

~BeepnBoop

#25 2019-09-21 19:38:27

ShadowsEdge

TaskManager wrote:

it was just a few hours into the game holy ****
how did you deduce no one else was going to be lynched

I deduced that because I was the target. In hindsight, yes, I could have handled the situation better. But there's not much I could have done even if I did know at the time that I could have simply waited it out.

I would have still been suspected and the whole cycle would have continued. I deduced that no one else would be lynched because if there was suspicion on me, which is something more than just a Policy lynch, what reason would people have to continue with a Policy lynch? They could have done nothing, could have voted for me as well, and in general, I just had the feeling that it was going to be the outcome it of it.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Plurality lynch takes place, so yes, I jumped to the conclusion. One vote on me, and no votes on anyone else. Just one vote. That makes me be lynched because plurality lynch takes place.

Or i would have just unvoted...
You really went ahead and made a big deal about my initial RVS vote huh?

You've made it clear you have no intentions of unvoting. You said within the first 19 posts of the game that you already had your mind set about me, and that was before anything truly started to go into a snowball effect. So do you really expect me to believe that you would have changed your mind?

~BeepnBoop

Onjit1631616771791313

Board footer