Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-18 22:16:22, last edited by Kira (2019-08-31 19:31:22)

Kira

Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

MAFIA 29: The French Revolution

Moderator: Kira

4-1.jpg

Playerlist: (TBD)

-Peace (Replacing JoeyC)
-TaskManager
-2B55B5G TNG (Replacing Luka504)
-NorwegianboyEE - Doctor
-mutantdevle
-ShadowsEdge
-Zumza - Villager
-MrJawapa - Jester - Winner
-ZeldaXD
-Eleizibeth - Vanilla Townie
-Slabdrill
-Bimps (Replacing HeebusBajesus)
-Crybaby - Veteran

RULES:

Be nice. It's a game.

General:
- Please adhere to the forum rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 72 hours (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 24 hours.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM me.
- You are expected to put a minimum of effort in your posts.
- If you break any of these rules, you may be modkilled or force-replaced.

Voting / Player actions:
- Make your vote clear and visible.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then the day will go overtime.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 3 consecutive night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may PM your night action every night.

Activity:
- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:
- #2EFFBD is my color. Feel free to use it if you'd like! Just not to impersonate me or to mislead others.
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

ROLELIST:

Vanilla Town:
-Le Vétéran (Veteran): You are the Veteran, a crazy lunatic that will kill anyone that decides to visit you at night. You can only use your ability 2 times, send me a private message at night time when you decide to use your ability.
-Le Guet (Look-out): You are the Look-out, your ability is to observe a player and see who visited them during a particular night. You can use your role as many times as you want, but you cannot visit the same person twice.
-Le Médecin (Doctor): You are the Doctor, your ability is to protect anyone from dying in a particular night. You are allowed to heal yourself once but you cannot heal the same person twice.
-6 Villageois (Villagers)

Mafia Goon:
-Le Déguiseur (Disguiser): You are the Disguiser. You may disguise as a living target, which makes you appear as that person’s role, should you die that night or the following day.
-Le Concierge (Janitor): You are the Janitor. your ability is to completely erase one’s identity, as such, the murdered’s role and note will not be revealed. You can use your ability 2 times.
-Godfather

Neutral Evil:
-Le Boufon (Jester): You are the Jester! You are obsessed with the guillotine and hope to get lynched at all cost. Upon lynch, you will get the chance to kill anyone that voted for your death.

SETUP:

-3 Mafias
-9 Townies
-1 Neutral

-Win condition for Mafia is to have at least 1 Mafia alive at the end of the game. If 1 town and 1 mafia are alive, then Mafia will automatically win the game.
-Win condition for Town is to have killed all mafia members and the neutral.
-Win condition for Neutral is to get lynched.
-Mafia will have private room they can use at all time, there won't be any Martyr PT.
-The game will be based on a day and night cycle, the timezone used will be GMT +1, Paris. https://time.is/fr/Paris

HAVE FUN!

#2 2019-08-20 16:00:05

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

ok so i just realized the game started bc im very good at this

@peace jester is a “if you get lynched, you win” role

suddenly random sig change

#3 2019-08-20 16:13:25

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

whoa this game doesn’t have a plurality rule but it still has mandatory lynches... doesn’t that make the day time limit literally not matter?

I don’t have too mant judgments to make now, since the mafia can pull something off like last game and trick everyone. I can give something with at least a bit of detail (as much as you’d expect from me, which isn’t much) later, hopefully in 4-5 hours unless I forget.

#4 2019-08-20 16:25:28

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I have read the thread. No one strikes me as extremely suspicious after my initial read-through so I’ll make my vote after analysis.

#5 2019-08-20 20:24:17

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Okay I'm here, so I can go ahead and give something. Of course, there's not too much to go on. As usual, I'm not looking too closely into anything. Red means I find them slightly more suspicious.

Mutant - I can't get a good read on what's been posted so far.
Norwegianboy - You're acting like a good townie would! But from the last game, I know you can act like that as maf too.
Rene - Slight townie points for trying to delay the policy lynch.
Heebus - She hasn't really posted much. Due to rene saying they have mafia experience, I assume they could be useful later. They should probably post reads or something early like this, though.
Jawapa - Acts like expected. Pushing aggressively doesn't really say much IMO, as it's just how people are.
Luka / 2B - All luka did was try to push a lynch on me, even when other lurkers were considered. 2B disagrees with this though, and even gave a thorough analysis that contains a bunch of misunderstandings that I don't see how someone could make. IIRC people found them suspicious last game too; I think it's part of how they act.
Maxi - page 2 of your iso isn't working, but based off page 1... I'm not getting anything I can really read off of this.
Ele - Are pushing against my lynch. That doesn't really say much, though. This does make me think of them as town though.
Zumza - **** aren't useful
Joey/peace - Joey's as affected by what other people say as I am. And peace hasn't said anything of value yet (nor do I expect them to).
Zelda - I assume activity will increase as there's more stuff to talk about.
Mini - Acts similarly to last game, which is to say neutral.

2B wrote:

Btw Slabdrill, what do you think about Luka (aka me) pushing to lynch you? And what do you think about those people who voted to lynch you?

I think policy lynches are to be expected, and they tend to make sense (if you're lynching someone randomly, you'd might as well do someone who won't be useful). I was a bit more inactive last game than I usually am (the reason is the EE shutdown btw, which gave me less reason to continue checking the EE community regularly and then I get distracted by something for like 6 hours before going to sleep and never check the forum until like 4pm the next day). Luka's push ended up generating discussion, which should generally help in the future.

#6 2019-08-20 20:42:27

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I'm not too good with giving comments on a wide scale like this but I never get anything specific to give comments about. I know of the usual traits that slightly indicate scum, but I don't pay too much attention to them. Maybe I should look a bit closer sometimes.

I also want to repeat mutant's concerns that D1 is the only time we can be sure the killed person is a townie instead of maf, since after that the disguiser may have been killed (and they have no reason not to disguise themself because there's no use limit on it), as this is pretty important.

#7 2019-08-20 23:03:48

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

That explains your inactivity in the last game a lot, actually. My keyboard is completely busted so I spend nore time on my phone. (My previous post was made on a different computer because iso-checking everyone on mobile seems like even more of a pain. This is why I waited a few hours before doing it.)
Not wanting to promote yourself as town also makes sense, since people seem to read that as a scumtrait. And indeed, while I know I’m a townie, if I didn’t I’d read myself fairly neutral. Taking attention off or yourself to focus on the broader view is also what I think is correct; it’s all i really give, except when abswering a specific question.

(you have gained a small amount of townie points for me from that post, though it totally read like you defending yourself though i wasn’t suspicious anyways.)

#8 2019-08-21 02:12:04

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

@zumza: if you find norwegian that suspicious, why not vote for them instead? if they end up being maf i’ll end up super suspicious sure, but i’m worried that if i’m lynched first the association tells would lead people to thinking norwegianboy is more town when they might not be (though my opinion on them hasn’t changed from effectively neutral)

#9 2019-08-21 14:41:12

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

!vote norwegianboy

i think they’re town, but the information is the best we’re getting

Wooted by:

#10 2019-08-21 18:31:14

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

!unvote

I really think norwegianboy is town. They’re still probably going to win plurality anyways...

also peace’s posts are understandable because they’re all short, though they should probably reread the entire thread and/or say something to help get a read on them

#11 2019-08-22 02:34:21

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

The reason I trust norwegianboy is that they have given adequate description for their choices. They also selfvoted, and from what I can tell they don’t intend to remove it. In a game where there’s only 3 mafia, bussing someone is duch a risky strategy I don’t think they’d go for it.

#12 2019-08-23 23:43:21

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

i dont know what my prod timer is but here’s a post.

anyway it seems weird for our doc to sac themselves like that wtf, expected them to be a townie since being a doc is pretty powerful
though the town PRs are kinda made to really hurt if miscommunicate

family’s visiting this week, will provide analysis when i have time

#13 2019-08-24 17:10:54

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

man there's actually really little happening, usually there's like 3 pages of stuff to look through per irl day

anyway here we go.

Colors indicate a slight lean because i don't have any strong reads.

peace - From what i can tell, they're trying to be useful to the town. Still failing at it. safe for a policy lynch?
maxi - Contributions feel town-like, but went for norwegianboy. I understand why but I'm not fully convinced.
mutant - They town-read norwegianboy, probably for the same reason I did. That's basic and pretty obvious though, so no good boi points here. also respond already its been close to 48h
rene - Page 2 of iso is broken, but i'm not reading much from what you've got. Green because I think you're genuinely trying to help out.
heebus - Having more than zero game-relevant posts tends to be pretty helpful for analysis.
jawapa - Goddammit page 2 of this iso is broken too, so I can't get anything here (red for unexplained strange reads).
zumza - **** still bad. But they have some (I didn't count, but at least one) insightful non-****. Btw, the reason why I didn't care too much about getting lynched was that if I was the confirmed townie then people could analyze that instead. Someone has to take the hit and I was willing to take it until I actually posted and everyone changed their vote.
2B - My read on you has not changed since last time.
mini - Wtf why is isolate so broken... Anyway looks good to me. Either way, I think that being so worried about the disguiser on d2 like that isn't very smart if you have someone that's probably mafia because you can just assume they got disguised.
zelda - They have so few posts I can't even find one of them to isolate.

#14 2019-08-25 20:07:42

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I don’t remember what my thought process was at that point of the game. I think I mainly unvoted because I was no longer in danger lf being lynched, and didn’t know of anyone better to lynch (and I am available at the day end timelimit, so I could vote if a different wagon somehow went on).

Now that mutant mentioned it, I think killing a very weak player instead of a strong player is suspicious. Perhaps the mafia were having trouble with thinking of a strategy?

Also, shadows’ post did not seem like a derpclear.

#15 2019-08-26 16:49:23

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

day ends in 70 minutes (12pm my time, and it’s currently 10:50)

!vote jawapa

even if they’re the jester, i think they’ll hve good enough judgment to kill a scum. though i’m not sure if any scum acrually still have the vote on them

#16 2019-08-26 16:51:24

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

er, people suspected of being mafia*

a votecount sure would be useful

#17 2019-08-26 20:25:27

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I didn’t expect to have some twilight time.

Go kill who you think you should. I’d probably go for zelda.

#18 2019-08-28 17:41:54

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I don’t have time today to make any reads, so you’ll probably get them tomorrow.

A quick read-through of recent posts makes me townread zelda, with no strong opinions on anyone else.

#19 2019-08-29 16:58:35

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

zelda: we have like 2.3 days left because kira's giving 94h for this day, its fine to spend some on thinking

reminder that the disguiser exists. i think we can trust the crybaby being vet bc there hasn't been a counterclaim yet.
also we still have a lookout... info from that could be useful (but yes smart to leave for later especially if no scum's been caught)

----

ugh reads okay
peace - very noob. did not vote jawapa but that doesnt tell me anything considering who they are. I've never seen them as maf so i don't know how they'd act.
2b - they should make another reads list if they have time, i want stuff to respond to (that reads list was still really good though). Town because everyone (that's dead) they listed as townish on the d1 list ended up as town.
bimps - reads aren't detailed enough, but makes good points.
maxi - unvoted jawapa. as bimps said, this is a choke. give reads on everyone here? I noted zelda's comment though, so I'm not committing to a vote until you give reads or it's almost the deadline.
shadows - hard to explain this one. I townread because they pointed out good strategy that i don't think maf would share. (this is the same reason i townread mutant last game). waiting on reads.
zelda - i'm still having trouble with reads. this is why d1 readlists are a good idea... edging slight town, but that'll change as others clear themselves.

#20 2019-08-29 18:58:50

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

TaskManager wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

?? I thought mafia needs to have majority to win

We have 5 town, if we mislynch, 4 town, mafia kill one, 3 town

3 town vs 3 mafia

Mafia still doesnt have majority

But anyway we should be very careful about this day's lynch

3 town vs 3 mafia is 6 players, with a majority of 4
there's no way 4 people would vote a mafia player so the town is helpless at that point

actually false, if 3 towns vote for one person and 3 mafs vote for another person overtime plurality means the day lasts forever and no one dies

----

Calling **** on mutant's excuse.

I'm still undecided between maxi or bimps, but maxi is considerably more convincing.

#21 2019-08-29 20:08:01

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

mutantdevle wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:

Calling **** on mutant's excuse.

What excuse?

Slabdrill wrote:

I'm still undecided between maxi or bimps, but maxi is considerably more convincing.

This confuses me, did you not see the claim?

1. the "i just decided to be less active this time" one. I understand that you occasionally have periods of inactivity (the start of the d2 was fine, for example), but without knowing exactly why claiming that you're trying to solve the game less than normal for no reason reeks of scum.

2. Good point. The lack of a counter-lookout claim makes maxi seem considerably more town.

#22 2019-08-30 01:39:52

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I believe the scumteam is bimps, zelda, and 2B because I lack a townread on them. People’s arguments for peace make sense (i didn’t analyze the previous game because it ended when i realized it started, hence not realizing how much quieter peace was).

also **** i thought i mightve forgotten someone last time but i couldn’t figure out who it was so i just ignored it

#23 2019-08-30 01:40:58

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

actually mutant hasn’t escaped suspicion either, but im p sure only one of bimps/mutant is maf so the other two are probably right

#24 2019-08-30 17:29:13

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

about that post where i went for zelda and 2b: maxi and peace were both suspicions i had until i decided otherwise (lookout claim and further investigation with past game behaviors). that leaves two of 2b, zelda, snd shadows left assuming only one of bimps and mutant are maf. I read through shadows’ posts and they seemed townie, moreso than i remembered zelda being.

also, not voting when maf almost have majority makes sense because otherwise the mafs could quickhammer on someone if they’re coordinated enough

Wooted by:

#25 2019-08-31 02:26:47

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

The fact that maf hasn't quickhammered yet makes me believe that we have gotten the disguiser, or both mutant and peace are mafia.

peace1567329158761133

Board footer