Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2019-08-17 19:40:18, last edited by RailMat (2019-08-17 22:07:27)

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder
From: Emmen (NL)
Joined: 2017-05-22
Posts: 1,534

Mafia 28 [day 1]

Welcome to mafia 28.

Rules
1. All forum rules apply, however multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue.
2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted.
3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.
4. If you stay inactive too long or not contributing to discussion , you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours.
5. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.
6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.
7. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.
8. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.
9. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.
10. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.
11. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

Living players:
1. NorwegianboyEE
2. Slabdrill
3. peace
4. Anatoly mrjawapa
5. Crybaby
6. 2B55B5G TNG
7. TaskManager
8. Onjit
9. Kira
10. ShadowsEdge
11. Daneeko
12. Luka504
13. mutantdevle

Graveyard:
No one yet

Known rolecards:
No one yet

Offline

#2 2019-08-17 23:54:04

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

I'm not happy about the day only being 24 hours.

RailMat wrote:

The wheel has decided that day 1 end in 24 hours

So is day length randomly decided or what? When you say this is a closed setup does that mean there is also a possibility that there are unknown game mechanics as well? (not roles).


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#3 2019-08-18 10:31:21

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

Just to be clear, I don’t know if the day phases are random lengths; I was just questioning Railmat’s wording.

I’m personally going to believe that there’s 3 mafia and no third parties until I’m given reason to believe otherwise as that’s standard for 13 player games.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#4 2019-08-18 12:17:16

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I think for now I wont vote on Peace. He hasn't said anything, which in and of itself can be suspicious, but it's only the first day. So I don't really hold it against him.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I'm also not gonna lynch Peace yet, I wanna see his reaction.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Also i'd like to hear from Peace. I won't just vote someone that hasn't said anything right away, especially not with this low amount of time.

I find this attitude towards the peace wagon very interesting. Why do y'all think peace's words mean anything? Surely you're either for lynching a random without anything to go on or you're not? I don't see how peace could have said anything that would convince you one way or the other.

I'm also including Onjit in this questioning since he wooted Norwegian's post and, like Norwegianboy, he's also seemingly decided that peace is worth lynching after seeing what he has to say.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#5 2019-08-18 12:22:32

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

TaskManager wrote:

We (at least I) don't lynch peace because he's scummy, I voted him up because his posts are garbage

This is exactly why I think the comments by the people in my previous post are so odd. It seems like they have a different motive for wanting peace dead than you and Luka do. I guess shadow has a plausible reason to misinterpret the purpose of the wagon but the other 3 certainly don't.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#6 2019-08-18 12:26:11

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Peace seems very confused and erratic. I don’t know what to make of him. Like Task said, if he really is town i don’t think lynching him would be that big of an issue when we only have these few hours left to agree on anything.

Yes, but why would what peace has to say affect what you think of him? You're either for lynching him off the bat or against it.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#7 2019-08-18 12:37:51

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

Luka504 wrote:

I'm kind of curious, Devlin; What's your stance on peace?

I'm totally for his lynch both because of the kind of player he is and because any lynch is better than no lynch. I do think that what he's been saying is kind of townie though but I don't think peace could ever do anything townie enough to not be an optimal low-info lynch. That said, there's not a lot of point in voting for him yet as there's still content, however small, to be had out of this day.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#8 2019-08-18 12:40:35

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I might be wrong //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Cuz in the previous game he was right about Norboy being maf

Eh but now I guess Peace isn't as important as I thought.

!vote Peace

Could you elaborate on what this post means? Especially with regards to the previous post I made concerning you.



Kira, care to explain why you're voting for yourself in non-**** terms?


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#9 2019-08-18 12:57:37

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

peace wrote:

i am the cop yes i can investigate someone to know their role

You mean role cop or are you saying your role is just called 'cop'?

Crybaby wrote:

why would you claim so early

Claiming at L-1 is kinda a standard thing to do but I didn't think he was L-1?

I just double-checked and it turns out he is L-1.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#10 2019-08-18 12:58:32

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

mrjawapa wrote:

!vote peace

oh




Hey jawapa can I tell you a joke?

It starts like this:

"Knock knock."


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#11 2019-08-18 13:00:31

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

Is he lynched or not? I'm confused.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#12 2019-08-18 13:02:10

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

mrjawapa wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

"Knock knock."

Who's there?

It's me, I have a gun. I've come to shoot you in the other foot.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#13 2019-08-18 13:05:35

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

peace wrote:

yeah role cop i mean sorry my mistyake

Well peace, rest in peace.

What are your reads? Analysing your wagon and telling us who you think is scum would be greatly appreciated.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#14 2019-08-18 13:06:57

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

RailMat wrote:

7. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.

Oh wait, I guess there isn't twilight :/

We should probably stop talking.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#15 2019-08-18 18:53:31

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

I'm not going to play this game anymore nor will I ever sign up to any of Railmat's games. Making such a game-breaking decision like that is complete **** and breaks the game.

Railmat, this is blatant and game-breaking mod interference.

RailMat wrote:

I don't know if Luka504 have seen the post of mrjawapa before he posts.

This is not a reason to deny a lynch. If Luka didn't see jawapa's posts, or jawapa didn't see it was L-1, it doesn't matter. Mistakes are factors of the game. You interfering with the game like this from my point of view breaks the game and I don't feel comfortable continuing to play with the mess you've just made.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#16 2019-08-18 19:02:05

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

mrjawapa wrote:

OP didnt ruin the game. There was genuine confusion, on my part, and luke was ninja'd.

Regardless of any confusion on your part you still hammered. That hammer was valid and should have gone through. By deciding it's not going through, the mod is interfering with the game which breaks it in my opinion.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2019-08-18 19:27:46

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

peace wrote:
RailMat wrote:

11. The moderator's word is final.

RailMat wrote:

If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

The mod himself interfered with the game. The only reason you agree with the decision is that it keeps you alive.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2019-08-18 19:32:19

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

TaskManager wrote:

I told yall Rail isn't good at this

Aside from mod-killing slots that don’t have a replacement, I’ve considered Railmat a decent mod until now. He’s shown decent balancing skills but now it seems he’s not capable of resolving basic mechanics.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#19 2019-08-18 20:02:42

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

Luka504 wrote:

Railmat, if you want this game to continue then your only option is to kill off peace like you were supposed to.

Eh, I don't think this game is redeemable. My personal preference would just be for everyone to quit and then we all go play Kira's game.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#20 2019-08-18 20:06:16

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

Yeah I've already quit. I'm just still commenting because I'm mad about it.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#21 2019-08-18 20:15:40

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Are we all just roleclaiming?

I mean, I guess you don't have to.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#22 2019-08-18 20:18:04

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

ShadowsEdge wrote:

The game already seems to be falling apart. And Jailor literally revealed already. My role isn't as good as Jailor, so I doubt it would make me a target anyways, even if this game continued on.

I get the feeling that if the game continued that you definitely wouldn't be a target.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#23 2019-08-18 23:44:56

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

!vote jawapa

I think that was the hammer. Can't wait to see what he flips!


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#24 2019-08-20 10:50:13

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,007
Website

Re: Mafia 28 [day 1]

Anatoly you replaced out, remember? You’re not allowed to post here anymore! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

peace1566397611759967

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1571875366.3477 - Generated in 0.069 seconds, 11 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.69 MiB (Peak: 1.97 MiB) ]