Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Panic

Re: Mass Organized Preventative Trolling Association

EE is a game. Most people go play games when they're bored or need to kill time. Having spare time to go onto EE usually means that you can afford to have your time wasted. Destruction and rebirth is a natural cycle.
I think I already dismissed hypothetical psychological harm as natural selection.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#27 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I do not think anyone deserves to die. We can't do anything once they die but we should do what we can do prevent any deaths.
Ee is supposed to be a way to relax not something to be frustrated over.
Not everyone is okay with losing what they make.

#28 Before February 2015

Koto

Let's say someone trolls a map, and blames it on someone else, the owner then takes a picture and submits it here.   That player is then unfairly labeled as a troll, and viewed as a bully for the rest of the time he plays ee.
^ How are you going to prevent that from happening?

#29 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I only accept pics from people I trust. If they are going to be taking a pic it will be while following whoever is trolling. If the person is taking a pic and is sure of who is trolling I will add it here, furthermore I will only report people after several separate pics have been taken. We will also be asking the people presumed to be trolling. If they have any explanation like if someone else is hacking and making it look as if they are trolling, they should say something.

Last edited by GKAbyss (May 18 2013 6:46:50 pm)

#30 Before February 2015

Koto

GKAbyss wrote:

I only accept pics from people I trust.

Even people you trust can be tricked.

GKAbyss wrote:

If they are going to be taking a pic it will be while following whoever is trolling.   If the person is taking a pic and is sure of who is trolling I will add it here, furthermore I will only report people after several separate pics have been taken.

The simple fact of it being posted in this topic is enough to ruin one's reputation.   You also have a picture of where a line stopped when you removed, which wasn't following the person that was doing it.   There are such things as coincidences.  

GKAbyss wrote:

We will also be asking the people presumed to be trolling. If they have any explanation like if someone else is hacking and making it look as if they are trolling, they should say something.

What if they don't come here, and have no idea of this topic.   Also, a real troller could always lie, there is no real way to know for sure.   So much stuff can be faked, that it really cannot be taken 100% seriously anymore.

#31 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

If none of those works then I guess the plan of reporting trolls is useless until a better way to identify trolls is added to the game.

This topic can now serve as a sort of headquarters for people who support the removal of trolling and can provide a thread for our planning of how to improve ee

#32 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

lol

MODEDIT: The author of this post has been warned for spam.

Last edited by Different55 (Jun 16 2013 10:06:01 am)

#33 Before February 2015

Panic

^^Nooooooooo, why did yooooooooou have to bump this useless thread with such a useless pooooooooooooooooooooooooost?

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#34 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

Today I have reported several trolls.

#35 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

And if anyone took the time to ban them, they came back 5 minutes later with a new account.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#36 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

Everyone is saying that, every time I threaten with a ban they bring that up. I'm going to hope the mods decide to IP ban when people start doing that.

#37 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

In cmd:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
You now have a new IP and can resume trolling.

- ShinsukeIto

#38 Before February 2015

Marios

Personally, i believe that IP banning is faster than deleting accounts instead.

So you can go with IP banning. Or something.

You decide.

#39 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Look at what I just said. It's just as easy to get a new IP as it is to make a new account.

- ShinsukeIto

#40 Before February 2015

Panic

Can we let this topic die yet? People are just going to try and enforce some random method to "prevent" trolling while ignoring all the obvious flaws in it.

GKAbyss 1423839207122225

Board footer