Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

Mass Organized Preventative Trolling Association

The goal is to lead an organized effort to eliminate trolling on Everybody Edits.

If you are in need of additional assistance in defending levels you may post your level here and approved Anti-Trolls will arrive as soon as possible. You may give them the code and they will make an effort to supervise the level for trolls, and report anyone who trolls, along with telling you who is trolling. The trolls found will be posted here under an official troll list to warn level owners of who to kick if they do not wish to allow trolls into their levels.
When finding trolls, we will not report any trolls when the level owner is OK with it, so we will not supervise levels with names telling people to troll.
When filing a report we will be sure to obtain a picture with proof of the suspect admitting to trolling. We will post all pictures here under the names of suspects. If there is a picture of them admitting to trolling we will report them, but it will require several pictures of them trolling to report them, just to be sure.
When filing a report we will put a link to this topic.
If an Official Anti-Troll is seen trolling, please take a picture and report them here. We do not tolerate trolling within our own group.
Official Anti-Trolls

Caught Trolls

Natedogg864
natedogg8641.png
Codex2o2
codex2o21.png
Fugata
fugata1.png
Matvast
matvast1.png
Qwerty123456789100
qwert1234567891001.png

Last edited by GKAbyss (May 12 2013 2:39:48 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Mass Organized Preventative Trolling Association

When you catch a troll what exactly do you think you're going to do about it? I used to maintain a list of trolls, but it was pointless. What are you going to do with a list of trolls?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

Different55 wrote:

When you catch a troll what exactly do you think you're going to do about it? I used to maintain a list of trolls, but it was pointless. What are you going to do with a list of trolls?

I am going to report all the trolls when I have enough proof in the form of pictures of trolls trolling, or if I have a picture of them admitting to trolling when asked about it. When reporting an account, I will provide a link to the OP of this topic so that the mods can find the name and the proof.

#4 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Report them to the mods? What are they going to do? Ban them? You do realize that there is not a single troll on EE who has been banned for trolling, right? What makes you think they'll start caring now? Even if every troll on EE confessed, the mods would not bother to ban that many people. It'd take forever and it'd be a waste of time since a new account can made in 30 seconds. It's not even worth considering.

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/7440/matvast1.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img694/2637/codex2o21.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img5/1309/natedogg8641.png
These are not proof, it's just a guy standing next to some blocks.

http://imageshack.us/a/img838/23/fugata1.png
For all anyone knows, you trolled the world then blamed it on fugata by removing edit rights from him. I'm not saying you did, but what if someone else did that? You would consider it proof and add it even if the person framed did nothing wrong.

Also, images can be faked very easily. It'd be better proof if it were a video, but like I said in the first part of my post, they won't be banned anyway. It's pointless if they can just make a new account and start trolling again in less than a minute.

Last edited by Different55 (May 12 2013 3:07:45 pm)

- ShinsukeIto

#5 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

Different55 wrote:

Report them to the mods? What are they going to do? Ban them? You do realize that there is not a single troll on EE who has been banned for trolling, right? What makes you think they'll start caring now? Even if every troll on EE confessed, the mods would not bother to ban that many people. It'd take forever and it'd be a waste of time since a new account can made in 30 seconds. It's not even worth considering.

Mods are currently being more active in the banning, where they were not before. People are being banned for things, there is a ToS, and there is a report feature.

The rules say you may not do things to annoy or harass other players. Though not all trolls may be trolling to do this, the troll groups seem to have a goal of at least annoying anyone who makes bad levels, which should warrant a ban. Aside from this, if I write "no troll" in a level, and someone trolls, should that be seen as attempting to annoy or harass?

I do not know what to do really, I suppose I could find a way to record for proof, it would probably be much easier, anyway. But I am making an attempt to report the people I am sure are trolling, I do not think anyone else reporting is providing any sort of proof at all.

This is still in progress and we do not know how everything will turn out.

If definite proof is needed, I can just link reports to everyone posting in the troll groups.

I am pretty sure they are able to IP ban, and just because no one has been banned for trolling before does not mean they won't now. It can be against the rules, and if someone makes an effort to report the trolls, I am sure something will be done.

I am planning to only add people I trust to this group to ensure that the reports are trustworthy. If people really wanted to report someone incorrectly they could simply do it themselves.

Last edited by GKAbyss (May 12 2013 3:13:44 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

Panic

Yeah have fun with this. The rules are probably there simply to make this game (designed for kids) seem more official, since they take money.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#7 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

If they are able to IP ban someone, then why don't they? As it is banning is a waste of time since it only takes 30 seconds to get started again.

- ShinsukeIto

#8 Before February 2015

Insanity

I'm a troll. I troll for the other fellow trollers out there. You can't stop me. You can't defeat me. All this is automatically invalidated by me just seeing it. I shall form a cult of trollers to fight you fools. I promise you will not succeed. Be terrified.

But I wanna join this group.

Last edited by 1nsanity (May 15 2013 4:12:23 pm)

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#9 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

You will never stop all the trollers from trolling the levels, the mods aren't gonna waste their time banning a troller just for ruining a world.   Trollers probably only troll on worlds like code is 1341 or boss to code. Not like their trolling enjoyable levels. This 'Association' is a waste of time, even if a troller gets banned, a new account can be made in 30 seconds.

#10 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

It does not matter if they are trolling to code levels. Many people like me find to code levels enjoyable.

If mods do not use IP banning already they could probably implement it if they wanted to.

Ignoring the possible troubles of actually banning trolls, the fact is I do not think trolling should be allowed, so some kind of punishment is needed to prevent it.
Rather than saying it is impossible or useless to ban trolls, I think time should be spent trying to think of ways to effectively ban them.

#11 Before February 2015

Panic

GKAbyss wrote:

I do not think trolling should be allowed, so some kind of punishment is needed to prevent it.

Sooooo, we NEED to go "punish" trolls simply because YOU think it's right? What happened to things like democracy? I am guessing the majority of semi-veterans don't care too much about trolling. Let it go.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#12 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I'm pretty sure the majority of EE players do not want any trolling. If there is something that affects "good" levels, like crashing, or key trolling, chat spam, etc, no one wants to see it or have it be allowed. I think a reason trolling is brushed off is because the people who make "good" levels do not have to deal with it nonstop every time they want to open a level on EE
In reply to deleted post:
I am not wanting to ban people who trolled before the rules were incorporated, aside from this thread, I suppose. The goal is to start new rules where henceforth people who troll will be banned, not people who trolled once 2 years ago.

The amount of effort should not matter. If you really think it does, I would like to say that I put hours of hard work into my to code levels but they were still constantly being trolled. I do not think they do not care if their world is trolled, I would just expect that they are tired of complaining about it.

Last edited by GKAbyss (May 16 2013 1:54:00 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I don't see why you're going to go through strenuous effort to accomplish nothing.

Aside from the group,
The ethics (if you're so naive to even call it that) of trolling has been discussed various times.
It needn't be discussed anymore, the results proved to be useless - even despite being against the whiteknight's favor.
At one point, I was considering releasing a little exploit that would allow trolls to be potentially unstoppable, until I realized how utterly useless defending, or attacking rooms actually is.

Last edited by ?tilla (May 16 2013 2:12:08 pm)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#14 Before February 2015

Master1

100% support this. People on this game need to learn to grow up. You shouldn't find enjoyment in making other users sad. I used to troll levels also, and I admit it, it was fun. Things have changed for me though after seeing how it can effect people. Just because you don't take the game seriously, doesn't mean there aren't people who do. The users have a right to build whatever they want, and give edit rights to whoever they want. You shouldn't take advantage of people for being nice.

I'll try to help if I can //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#15 Before February 2015

Arceus64

I protest this. BURN THIS TO GROUND! #The99percent

#16 Before February 2015

Krock

haha good luck with finding and kicking my alts //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Trolling is part of EE, even if some trolling methods are near to invisible. > "haha zombie attack", "I can crack every boss world"

Nothing against of kicking some strupid guys who try to troll good levels, just don't try to remove it because you are not god to manipulate our brains.

Looking *cough* optimistic to this

#17 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

Trolling being common in ee does not make it right.

#18 Before February 2015

Panic

Nobody said that it being common makes it right. It being common makes it a part of the game, and it's going to happen whether you like it or not, like we've said many times already.

#19 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

Okay, I assumed/assume that by using the fact that trolling is part of the game as an excuse to not attempt to stop it is a way of saying it is okay.

I know its going to happen no matter what but making an effort to stop it will likely drastically decrease the amount over time.
Still I do not see a good reason to keep it, the only legitimate reason for it is having fun(imo), and I do not think that people should be allowed to have fun if it jeopardizes many others' experiences.

Last edited by GKAbyss (May 18 2013 10:35:36 am)

#20 Before February 2015

Panic

In order to get people to agree with you, you must give them an incentive that they believe is good. "Stop trolling because trolling is bad" is a very simply bit of circular logic that nobody is going to follow. So far, you haven't done a good job of trying to get people to agree with you. Come back later with a better argument that cannot be traced back to itself, and does not include hypothetical real life scenarios or analogies.

#21 Before February 2015

Marios

Well, people sometimes make ''Code is X'' levels cause they want MUILTIPLAYER editing. I know about using others to make stuff and then take it for yours, but that is rare.
You know, the title says:

Everybody Edits, the Multiplayer Level Editor

So i support this organization, but not join it.
That means if a troll trolls a bad level, i won't give evidence.
However if they troll a good level, i do give evidence.

#22 Before February 2015

Panic

Generally, those with good levels won't end up getting trolled to begin with.

#23 Before February 2015

Master1

Panic wrote:

Generally, those with good levels won't end up getting trolled to begin with.

When you say good levels, who decides if it's good or not? If time and effort is put into a level, then it's good. No matter how it looks. Nobody should have to deal with trolling just because someone has a different opinion of what's good or bad.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#24 Before February 2015

Panic

Master1 wrote:

If time and effort is put into a level, then it's good.

If a level looks like it can be easily reproduced almost identically and quickly after a clear, then there wasn't much time and effort invested. Therefore it is bad. This is the case for the vast majority of "Code is xxxx art n0 tr0olz" levels. "Boss to code" levels generally consist of a box, and most "To code" levels consist of simple and overused minis and are probably saved. Levels that do not have any specific restrictions on who gets edit rights ( As in, "you do this thing, you get code") usually do not last long enough without trolling to get any actually decent work done.
I never said that my opinion about what is a good level is the only opinion. Your idea of a good level works just as well as any other.

#25 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I have given the examples of potential psychological damage, and large amounts of time and effort wasted. The only problem is no one else seems to think of that as bad. Due to the fact that trolling caused so much damage when letting the user have fun, I do not think it is worth it and should not be allowed.

When I was making to code worlds everyday I would put much more tjme and effort into pixel art or smiley art, etc than how much time and effort I put into levels now.

According to that, the to code worlds and smiley art are better than what I make now.
Regardless of what is better, is lot of time and effort can be/is put into the supposedly bad levels.

Last edited by GKAbyss (May 18 2013 5:19:22 pm)

GKAbyss 1423839207122225

Board footer