Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-04-22 14:12:52

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 22 [Loaf and Sangas Win]

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Maybe we still don’t want to lynch anyone today. If only one person is killed in N2, then we have an odd number of people.

If you weren't new to the game I'd be voting for you right now for this suggestion alone. If we don't lynch people, how do you expect us to kill the mafia? Instead, I think that the vig should shoot tonight. 1 lynch, +2 deaths in the night gives us an odd amount of players again.

I'd like to remind everyone that, thanks to not lynching yesterday, we are at a disadvantage. The mafia only needs to not be lynched 3 days in the game. We have handed them a free 1/3 of those whilst sacrificing our chance to actually kill one of them. If the next 2 lynches do not hit mafia then we lose the game.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#52 2019-04-22 14:20:39

Zumza

!lynch Freckleface

Fun-fact: I began by writing d!mute instead of !lynch

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#53 2019-04-22 14:26:20

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Should we lynch people who are inactive or not being serious?

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#54 2019-04-22 14:27:09

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

What is prod btw?

she/her

#55 2019-04-22 14:40:49, last edited by Onjit (2019-04-22 14:46:02)

Onjit
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

What is prod btw?

Prodding basically means checking on someone who hasn't posted. TaskManager is currently banned from the forums, but has assured me that when his ban expires (~24hr) he'll contribute to the conversation.

Current Votes:

[1] Jawapa: mutantdevle
[1] Freckleface: Zumza

6 votes needed for majority.

:.|:;

#56 2019-04-22 14:57:42

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm not entirely convinced 2B55B5G TNG is really a newb at this game. I feel like he's overselling it

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#57 2019-04-22 14:59:44

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I’m new at this game. It’s my first time playing Mafia, so I don’t know many things. But if you think I’m not a newbie, it’s also fine.

she/her

#58 2019-04-22 15:01:11

Minimania
Moderation Team

?

21cZxBv.png

#59 2019-04-22 15:08:42

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Zumza wrote:

Regarding today's Tongs's death:

It was extremely foolish what happened yesterday.

I know i said i wouldn't say anything, but i changed my mind because i realize now how dumb i was, and paid the prize. :P
You can look at this post as my sort of last will, written from the grave to right the wrongs i did in my sadly, ever so short life.

I hope it's no secret to anyone that this is my first mafia game, so basically, what i thought to myself is that that since there were no leads in day 1 (and nobody had really posted anything to give any clues or evidence whatsoever for which alignment they'd potentially belong to) i would argue for ending it early and instead we'd see who would die and then try to figure out the mafia from there. Yeah that obviously didn't work well for anyone except the mafia. So my five cents on which suspicious people to look out for is definitely going to be Jawapa, he has played some mafia games in the past and i find it suspicious that he was on the board for my stupid idea if not because he is secretly a mafia and would in retrospect, benefit from this flawed idea the most.
I would also like to respond to your meme and say that my role is seriously buffed from what i read would be the "traditional doctor" in mafia games. I can't choose to "save" anyone, only to prevent any random person from "nightkilling", and to make matters worse, only for 2 nights maximum in the entirety of the game. If i was the traditional "doctor" i would obviously be choosing to keep myself safe this round to prevent an early death like happened exactly now, but i could only choose who i THINK might kill me, which is difficult because i had no idea who could be the mafia, and also i wasn't even sure if i would be the target or not. Since i didn't want to waste 1 out of only 2 "prevents" i took a gamble and didn't take any action tonight. Which as we know, didn't go well.
Anyway that's all i wanted to type for my last will. Good luck to any remaining teammates in the Tong's faction. And investigate Jawapa as i highly suspect he played a hand in my death. Goodbye everyone, i shall return to the heavens as a mere observer and leave you mortals to continue your struggle for survival.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#60 2019-04-22 15:13:57

Minimania
Moderation Team

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Zumza wrote:

Regarding today's Tongs's death:

It was extremely foolish what happened yesterday.

I know i said i wouldn't say anything, but i changed my mind because i realize now how dumb i was, and paid the prize. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
You can look at this post as my sort of last will, written from the grave to right the wrongs i did in my sadly, ever so short life.

I hope it's no secret to anyone that this is my first mafia game, so basically, what i thought to myself is that that since there were no leads in day 1 (and nobody had really posted anything to give any clues or evidence whatsoever for which alignment they'd potentially belong to) i would argue for ending it early and instead we'd see who would die and then try to figure out the mafia from there. Yeah that obviously didn't work well for anyone except the mafia. So my five cents on which suspicious people to look out for is definitely going to be Jawapa, he has played some mafia games in the past and i find it suspicious that he was on the board for my stupid idea if not because he is secretly a mafia and would in retrospect, benefit from this flawed idea the most.
I would also like to respond to your meme and say that my role is seriously buffed from what i read would be the "traditional doctor" in mafia games. I can't choose to "save" anyone, only to prevent any random person from "nightkilling", and to make matters worse, only for 2 nights maximum in the entirety of the game. If i was the traditional "doctor" i would obviously be choosing to keep myself safe this round to prevent an early death like happened exactly now, but i could only choose who i THINK might kill me, which is difficult because i had no idea who could be the mafia, and also i wasn't even sure if i would be the target or not. Since i didn't want to waste 1 out of only 2 "prevents" i took a gamble and didn't take any action tonight. Which as we know, didn't go well.
Anyway that's all i wanted to type for my last will. Good luck to any remaining teammates in the Tong's faction. And investigate Jawapa as i highly suspect he played a hand in my death. Goodbye everyone, i shall return to the heavens as a mere observer and leave you mortals to continue your struggle for survival.

Thank you for your unfortunate sacrifice.

I've played mafia before, but it wasn't like this. I remember the doctor role being called the nurse, and the nurse would always first turn save themselves too, but they could never be allowed to vote for the same person twice in a row. I always thought that people would just skip straight to night 1 because nobody would give away anything at the start of the game (unless they were really stupid), so I kind of thought that's how it should have went here, too. I'm sorry that this ended up killing you. If you all want to incriminate me over it, go ahead, but I really don't know what to say except for that I made a mistake based off of what I thought was common knowledge.

21cZxBv.png

#61 2019-04-22 15:37:54

Onjit
Website

NorwegianBoyEE wrote:

Oof, i am dead. And dead men don't talk, so i'm not saying anything. RIP

hELP

I forgot to mention this in the rules, but dead players are not allowed to post in the thread, please use the private Graveyard thread I have sent you (obviously it's rather quiet right now, but it will fill up)

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#62 2019-04-22 16:29:52

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I regret my stupid action of ending the day .-.

she/her

#63 2019-04-22 16:51:47

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Ive read everything. Will reply in a few hours.

Discord: jawp#5123

#64 2019-04-22 20:52:40

Different55
Forum Admin

I feel like I should point out that 2B55B5G TNG being new and making bad calls doesn't mean he isn't maf. It just means that he has a reasonable excuse for making bad calls. I think I've seen like 2 people saying "Oh he's not maf just new"

I don't want to agree "too" much with mutantdevle but right now I do think that we should be looking at the people who hammered in the end of day. Hard to say who since they all came pretty rapidly like 20-30min max one after the other. And lots of the people who hammered are either new or have said literally nothing.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#65 2019-04-22 21:36:10

Kirby

!lynch FreckleFace

gonna need to get a lynch going eventually. i'm willing to change my vote if you give... something, but for now i'll vote for a bandwagon endday.

#66 2019-04-22 21:37:04

Kirby

for the record, my own !endday vote was after majority had been reached - don't agree with early day ending, but jawapa obviously accidentally messed up the command and I at least want to keep the game fair.

#67 2019-04-22 23:03:50

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

What makes freckle a better lynch than jawapa?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#68 2019-04-23 00:11:01

Minimania
Moderation Team

To be completely fair to Freckleface, he's just as much of a candidate right now as Schlog, 25, and myself. I'm not saying that any of us are innocent. I don't know what anybody is except for myself (if I say "I'm innocent" here you probably won't believe me, understandably) but Jawapa throws up a few red flags.

While I do think it's important that we get the people who are being silent to say something, something about Jawapa is throwing me off, and the fact you picked Freckle out of anybody else Kirby is kind of suspicious, too, especially for having done it so haphazardly.

Not voting yet

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#69 2019-04-23 00:50:35

Kirby

I voted frex because jawapa gave his reasoning. It might not be great reasoning, but I dont think that its scummy reasoning.

I voted frex over the other 3 because zumza voted frex. As I said, we have to get a lynch going eventually (mutantdevle pointed out we have 2 days left to do this), so we need a majority somewhere. Seems counter productive to split up the vote

I said that i would consider removing my vote if frex gave us some information to work with. You (mini), 2b55b5g, and schloh have provided some substance throughout this game. Frex has a (good) **** and an endday vote.

yep

#70 2019-04-23 00:51:27

Kirby

help i cant edit typos this is a sadden

#71 2019-04-23 01:48:41

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

mutantdevle wrote:

hence robbing us of time to talk and get more content out of people

It's D1, there is no info. Wait until D2, where a power role should have some kind of info.

mutantdevle wrote:

there is 0 town motivation behind wanting us to have less time to talk.

For me, it has nothing to do with being town or mafia. I just hate sitting through 72 hours of ****-posting. It doesn't accomplish anything. There is literally nothing to go off of. We start pointing fingers and labeling everyone as scum, then get picked apart by the maf as we continue to execute our own people.

mutantdevle wrote:

everything else you said; lots to quote

All good points. Though, I'm gonna need someone to cite games where a D1 lynch benefited the town. I don't recall that ever happening. If it has, I imagine it was a one-off game.

mutantdevle wrote:

They were my suggestions for who to lynch based on activity alone... I didn't include anyone else because I wasn't suggesting anyone else... Do you want me to give my opinion on everyone else?

You had frex in your order to be lynched, and his only post was a joke. I just found it odd that you picked certain people, instead of just ranking everyone.

mutantdevle wrote:

wanting that from me is very hypocritical of you since you criticised me for asking others to do the same thing

lol what? I didn't criticize anything. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

mutantdevle wrote:

You've said that you don't want people giving their opinions on each other

Citation needed.

mutantdevle wrote:

The mafia only needs to not be lynched 3 days in the game. We have handed them a free 1/3 of those whilst sacrificing our chance to actually kill one of them. If the next 2 lynches do not hit mafia then we lose the game.

Would it not have **** us if we, by good chance, lynched a town D1?

Discord: jawp#5123

#72 2019-04-23 02:06:17

Different55
Forum Admin

mrjawapa wrote:

It's D1, there is no info. Wait until D2, where a power role should have some kind of info.

Problem with that is that if a power role has some information, they're not going to be openly sharing. We *cannot* count on power roles to save our souls. Besides, this is a role madness game. Pretty much everyone has an ability. Even if a power role does try to influence things, there's little way to tell apart a helpful investigator from a scumlord trying to push us away from their ally. We can only try to guess at true intentions by talking through things.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#73 2019-04-23 04:11:21

Minimania
Moderation Team

Sorry for not posting a whole lot, but, for right now, the only people we can get signs from are people who are actively posting. This makes everyone who hasn't said a word but still vote kind of shady. Thus, I agree that Frex is kind of shady in this regard, but so is everyone else that hasn't posted. However, we can't let that distract us from the signs that people who are talking, because what they say can give us clues to finding out who to lynch. Obviously, if the Mafia wants to talk, then that member of the mafia is going to try to come off as not a mafia member. Duh, obvious (but at least 2b will learn from this post).

Actually i'm going to just stop typing there because this post seems more and more like it's just going to be saying "hey, it can be anybody, guys". I feel stupid for even trying, but I'll post this anyway so you guys know I've not let you guys out of my mind

21cZxBv.png

#74 2019-04-23 06:02:39

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I think Mutantdevle, Zumza and Different55 are not mafia. Unlike me, they provided some information.

And I’m not going to vote yet but I think I will vote either Jawapa or Schlog. Schlog is not active, so he might be a scum. Jawapa said we shouldn’t lynch on D1.

Now I realized the importance of lynching someone in D1, I’m sorry for ending D1 because there’s a big chance that Mafia will win, and I don’t want that to happen.

she/her

#75 2019-04-23 06:13:48

Onjit
Website

Current Votes:

[2] Freckleface: Zumza, Kirby
[1] Jawapa: mutantdevle

6 votes needed for majority.