Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Re: League of Androids

mochonoob wrote:

You have no actual way of judging how "mature" i am.
1.) You didn't ask me my age.
2.) You didn't ask what specific bots i had made, you just asked if i had made any.
3.) You didn't know me.

Why did you ask if you didn't want to know the answer?   Also, next time you apply for something that says "I'm looking for mature people only" at the top, you might want to avoid 69 jokes.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#77 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

In-game name: Tomahawk
On a scale of 1-10, how good are you at writing English?: 10
Reading English?: 10
List programming languages that you know: C#
Have you created an EE bot before?: Many
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the most, how independent are you in bot development? 0.5
Describe 3 ideas for BALs that you have: Pacman bot with moving ghosts [created], pushable physics minigames [in progress], animated minigames with e.g. moving platforms [up for grabs]
Skype username: None. Teamviewer Username: Tomahawk
Thought I'd apply, given that this looks somewhat like a bot crew. I have about 4 years of bot programming experience, and *toots horn* have coded most bot features out there.

TakoMan02 wrote:

I'm being more strict about this.   I'm concerned about your maturity, skill, and creativity.

Well, I am very skilled and fairly creative, and probably can vouch for my own maturity.

Welcome.   I've messaged you regarding the next steps.

#78 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Announcement: We're deciding on a logo (both in-game and not).   Please post your suggestions!   For sake of simplicity, it just needs to say "LOA" / "LoA" / "loa"

#79 Before February 2015

Creature

I'm pretty sure you will not accept this but there is:
Ingame: BL2AmIM.png
Minimap: ONALZ7n.png
If you don't accept, i suggest you dont put "crew", cause it become weird.

This is a false statement.

#80 Before February 2015

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

You've not made it all that clear what kinda logo you want.

League of Androids. Is this even a crew? My point is, that would make it LoA Crew, but it may be you just want it to be referred to as "LoA".
I made a fairly decent logo for TecCrew (http://tomabot.weebly.com/tec-crew.html), I can probably take a stab at one for LoA. Just a quick quibble first: Do you want the abbreviation, and if so, a small or large 'o'?

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#81 Before February 2015

mochonoob

mochonoob wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:
mochonoob wrote:

Takoman: Why did i get denied?

I'm being more strict about this.   I'm concerned about your maturity, skill, and creativity.

2.) You didn't ask what specific bots i had made, you just asked if i had made any.
3.) You didn't know me.

A response?

#82 Before February 2015

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

mochonoob wrote:
mochonoob wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

3.) You didn't know me.

A response?

TakoMan02 wrote:

Why did you ask if you didn't want to know the answer?   Also, next time you apply for something that says "I'm looking for mature people only" at the top, you might want to avoid 69 jokes.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#83 Before February 2015

mochonoob

Tomahawk wrote:
mochonoob wrote:
mochonoob wrote:

3.) You didn't know me.

A response?

TakoMan02 wrote:

oh. i did not see this post.

#84 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

You've not made it all that clear what kinda logo you want.

League of Androids. Is this even a crew? My point is, that would make it LoA Crew, but it may be you just want it to be referred to as "LoA".
I made a fairly decent logo for TecCrew (http://tomabot.weebly.com/tec-crew.html), I can probably take a stab at one for LoA. Just a quick quibble first: Do you want the abbreviation, and if so, a small or large 'o'?

Well, a league to me means a group whose members are independent but also in union, like the League of Nations or the Ivy League.

Regardless, good question, and my answer is that it just needs to say "LOA" or "LoA" or "loa". I don't care if the o is big or small although I think it looks better when it's the same size.

Last edited by Tako (May 4 2014 5:47:01 pm)

#85 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Announcement: I would like to let everyone know that League of Androids does not, nor ever will, have a central account.   Mochonoob thinks he can be sneaky by creating an account with the name of "LEAGUEOFANDROIDS".   He is not in our group, nor has he gotten any cue to make this account.   Anything he says to you is probably malicious in nature and should be disregarded.

#86 Before February 2015

mochonoob

TakoMan02 wrote:

Announcement: I would like to let everyone know that League of Androids does not, nor ever will, have a central account.   Mochonoob thinks he can be sneaky by creating an account with the name of "LEAGUEOFANDROIDS".   He is not in our group, nor has he gotten any cue to make this account.   Anything he says to you is probably malicious in nature and should be disregarded.

No? I havent made an account? I have made an account, but not by that name.

#87 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

TakoMan02 wrote:

I think the account is "League o fan droids" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#88 Before February 2015

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I'm fairly sure there's a rule in the Supreme List that requires a member to ask permission from a moderator before creating a second account.

#89 Before February 2015

dragonranger

Yeah, it's not as good as I could probably make it, but it's pretty late. Might have another try at this another time.
Also, you could probably put beta blocks, but too lazy to get my beta account out

tvpTtxj.png
1oJEXVe.png

Last edited by Dragonranger (May 5 2014 3:15:41 am)

#90 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Tomahawk wrote:

I'm fairly sure there's a rule in the Supreme List that requires a member to ask permission from a moderator before creating a second account.

There is, but I'm pretty sure they're talking about in-game.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#91 Before February 2015

mochonoob

Meredith wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

I think the account is "League o fan droids" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Yeahh thats me! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue Sorry for any confusion.

#92 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

How do you guys feel about this (or the one above it) for the logo?

40daa1a783.png

I didn't mess around with the colors; just the shape.

Also I had an idea that I think would be cool: somehow animating the logo to signify that the bot is on. Perhaps something simple like a blinking line at the end (like a console).

---

Another thing, I'm considering a competition among League Members.   Ideas are appreciated!   Could be a specific, objective goal, like "Solve a randomly generated minigame", or something based on a few judges' opinions, like "Create a short movie with bots".

Last edited by Tako (May 7 2014 5:38:28 am)

#93 Before February 2015

Creature

The one above it was better.

This is a false statement.

#94 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

8DkyV.png
8DkA5.png

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#95 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

TakoMan02 wrote:

How do you guys feel about this (or the one above it) for the logo?

40daa1a783.png

I didn't mess around with the colors; just the shape.

Also I had an idea that I think would be cool: somehow animating the logo to signify that the bot is on. Perhaps something simple like a blinking line at the end (like a console).

---

Another thing, I'm considering a competition among League Members.   Ideas are appreciated!   Could be a specific, objective goal, like "Solve a randomly generated minigame", or something based on a few judges' opinions, like "Create a short movie with bots".

Give the programmers a specific task, not to hard and open for room. Example - Allow a user to create custom commands. Judge based on creativity and code elegance.

#96 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Meredith wrote:

Give the programmers a specific task, not to hard and open for room. Example - Allow a user to create custom commands. Judge based on creativity and code elegance.

Oo, I really like that.   Of course, you need to draw the line somewhere with capability.
Another thing is the reward for this competition.   Any ideas?   Maybe you can enslave your choice of member for one day.

#97 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

TakoMan02 wrote:
Meredith wrote:

Oo, I really like that.   Of course, you need to draw the line somewhere with capability.
Another thing is the reward for this competition.   Any ideas? Maybe you can enslave your choice of member for one day.

Yeah, let's encourage slavery. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#98 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

How does this sound: to show how active our members are (without having a chain of ranks), we start doing a badge system.   On your banner, we will add a badge for the competition.   A badge for every bot you make, a badge if your bot is successful, a badge if you make a bot that exceeds 5000 lines of code, etc.  

Each badge will be worth a certain amount of points so that we can order them based on activity.   So, someone who made 4 bots will be in front of someone who hasn't done anything.

#99 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

TakoMan02 wrote:

How does this sound: to show how active our members are (without having a chain of ranks), we start doing a badge system.   On your banner, we will add a badge for the competition.   A badge for every bot you make, a badge if your bot is successful, a badge if you make a bot that exceeds 5000 lines of code, etc.  

Each badge will be worth a certain amount of points so that we can order them based on activity.   So, someone who made 4 bots will be in front of someone who hasn't done anything.

Please don't base this on lines of code. That will encourage people to be complex when simplicity is needed. Judge the bot/code/whatever on it's merits like -

Applications - uses

GUI only if applicable. - If the scoring system is out of say 20, if it has no GUI make it out of 15.

Creativity.

Features.

#100 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

It's also common to have competitions based on lowest character count.

Sensei11427894741490099

Board footer