Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-27 17:30:32

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Regarding Leaked Messages

Hi Everybody,

As many of you are aware, sadly, the messaging system within Everybody Edits was compromised. Any accounts that had their password leaked have had their password reset. If your account has been affected, please use the "Change or recover password" link, or if you need to change the email address, please contact [email protected]. I will try to address the emails relatively quickly, but I do have a lot to catch up on, so we would appreciate your patience over this. We have also disabled the message inboxes in-game for the time being. I will address other leaks in a separate forum post soon.

On a positive note, we have now succeeded in blocking out all the hackers from being able to edit anything or accessing any information, so we believe this is the end of it all, except that they appear to have returned to what they did originally, which is spamming links, but they're unable to do it as efficiently or as easily as they had done before. Regarding those, I would at least just say:

• Please do not access any suspicious links, such as ones that use shortening sites, such as bit.ly, tiny.cc, goo.gl, or tinyurl.com. For the most part, youtu.be links are safe, but if you've never met or don't trust the person posting the link, don't visit the link!

• Please report anyone spamming the links. It really does help us, and our moderators are able to handle them, working to reduce the problem.

More information to come soon.

~ Xenonetix ~

Xenonetix_2.png

#2 2019-03-27 17:39:12

Anatoly

Re: Regarding Leaked Messages

Suggesting cipher system (peer-to-peer connection over the system), so in future only both of the ends can read the message.

And yes, good to hear the game is safe again.

#3 2019-03-27 17:51:18

Processor

How about you inform players who no longer actively play the game?

They were affected too.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

embed.png?style=banner3

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2019-03-27 17:53:21

XxAtillaxX

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2019-03-27 17:57:28

peace

Processor wrote:

How about you inform players who no longer actively play the game?

They were affected too.

hwo to do taht most emails are fake anyways

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#6 2019-03-27 18:42:58

Gosha

If you don't want to wait the slow process of changing emails by hand, there is an effective and very easy way to do it yourself.

You can use Atilla's site for that, it's safe, proven by many people.

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=44551

Wooted by:

#7 2019-03-27 20:29:44

Zumza

Players who don't use the forums are still clueless about this?
Even the message displayed under in-game Mail tab does not inform that the mails have been leaked, and only implies that theres might be a potential threat for new created mails.
A short message about the first leak is available only for those logged-out.

There was also a tweet about the incident from @EverybodyEdits, but it was deleted in a short time.

It's very clear that the current staff does not want to correctly inform the users, out of the fear that they might stop playing & remove their Patreon subscription.

I am ashamed of what owner and in-game staff this can community have, and you should be ashamed as well for disrespecting your clients privacy!

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#8 2019-03-27 20:40:03

frostflare

Zumza wrote:

Even the message displayed under in-game Mail tab does not inform that the mails have been leaked, and only implies that theres might be a potential threat for new created mails.

There was also a tweet about the incident from @EverybodyEdits, but it was deleted in a short time.

It's very clear that the current staff does not want to correctly inform the users, out of the fear that they might stop playing & remove their Patreon subscription.

I am ashamed of what owner and in-game staff this can community have, and you should be ashamed as well for disrespecting your clients privacy!

You do realize there's now a message warning users when they enter the lobby about this issue.

Wooted by:

#9 2019-03-27 21:04:06

peace

frostflare wrote:
Zumza wrote:

You do realize there's now a message warning users when they enter the lobby about this issue.

which i just entered the game and no message lol

peace.png

#10 2019-03-27 21:18:46

frostflare

peace wrote:
frostflare wrote:
Zumza wrote:

30akOl6.png

Tah-Dah!

Wooted by: (2)

#11 2019-03-27 21:27:04

frostflare wrote:
peace wrote:
frostflare wrote:
Zumza wrote:

Tah-Dah!

That's kinda dumb though, because you would have had to log in to see that, and the people who had their passwords reset wouldn't have been able to see that anyway.

Despite what people say, Different55 is the best mod.

#12 2019-03-27 21:36:53

frostflare

272 wrote:

That's kinda dumb though, because you would have had to log in to see that, and the people who had their passwords reset wouldn't have been able to see that anyway.

tOqZGTF.png

Tah-Dah!

Wooted by:

#13 2019-03-27 21:50:59, last edited by Zumza (2019-03-27 21:52:26)

Zumza

I didn't got that message when I connected to the lobby, neither can I find it on the blog or on the News dedicated tab.

Anyways, the announcement focuses on a single part of the leak: the accounts that were shared using the in-game mailing feature.
Those mails also included things like: email addresses, facebook and instagram profiles, snapchat contacts, phone numbers, pictures of underage persons, unlisted youtube videos etc.

The staff should inform everyone on the whole aspect of the leak, which they refuse to.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#14 2019-03-27 22:41:09

frostflare

Zumza wrote:

I didn't got that message when I connected to the lobby, neither can I find it on the blog or on the News dedicated tab.

Anyways, the announcement focuses on a single part of the leak: the accounts that were shared using the in-game mailing feature.
Those mails also included things like: email addresses, facebook and instagram profiles, snapchat contacts, phone numbers, pictures of underage persons, unlisted youtube videos etc.

The staff should inform everyone on the whole aspect of the leak, which they refuse to.

Look. I already know your not going to like what I am about to say. But around 6 to 7 years ago a very similar situation happened on EE (when I believe) either Mr. void or shoe own the site? This was ''supposedly'' fix back then. But from what i can see now, all they did was slap a band aid on it and hoped everyone forgets.

As for the issue now? All current staff can really do at this point, is try to handle this the best way they possibly can with out allowing them to do more damage than they already have done.

Wooted by: (4)

#15 2019-03-28 07:42:28

peace

got the message now

peace.png

#16 2019-03-30 02:37:01

HeyNK

Man this game is nuts!

HeyNK1553909821744083