Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2019-03-19 13:40:45, last edited by Shy (2019-03-19 13:41:14)

Shy
Guest

Dear people

I don’t understand how you can blame administrators for not stopping hackers. We should blame ourselves for not trying to prevent the situation, we just take and throw all the dirty work on administrators. Unlike us ordinary players, they do at least something, we are not even trying to help them. If you think the security of the game is bad, then try to make it better yourself. It's not so easy to create at least ANY protection against hack attacks.

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2019-03-19 14:17:14

Anatoly
Guest

Re: Dear people

What can we players without code access to ee’s security do? It’s correct to blame the staff for this. But not the staff of EE, but PIO. Player IO is the multiplayer Server EE uses and they have the captcha security codes. It’s not our problem, not EE’Staffs problem, it’s their fault.

As of what I’ve seen I have suspects someone from PIO who always hated the game could do that. Don’t forget, we want to stop using their service, maybe it’s their bad attitude and their ugly behavior.

Wooted by:

#3 2019-03-19 14:39:56

Andymakeer
Member
From: Nine-tails Vale
Joined: 2016-05-29
Posts: 302

Re: Dear people

Well, i do not blame admins, i believe they put their effort into making a good game for players that actually want to play.

For the hackers... pitiful human beings...


F

Offline

#4 2019-03-19 15:15:16

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,903
Website

Re: Dear people

There isn't too much that the community can do by themselves, but if you do happen to have any information about who the hackers are and how the attacks are performed (although we're pretty sure we know most of what there is to know about how the spamming and DB access is done) then we'd be grateful if you could share it with us //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Offline

#5 2019-03-19 15:41:16

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 8,436

Re: Dear people

Shy wrote:

If you think the security of the game is bad, then try to make it better yourself

haha classic "if you think X is bad then do it yourself"
10/10 thread, daily amount of laughs delivered
This is a bait thread isn't it


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#6 2019-03-19 15:56:51

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,614

Re: Dear people

Well, you said the staff is hard to prevent the hackers, so how can the community help? They don’t even have the ability.

Yea, what it looks like is that the community ourselves should solve the problem. Yes, we can give informations, but that’s all we can do. Do you expect some random person in the community help the staff? No. Even if there is, the staff won’t care.

Offline

Wooted by:

#7 2019-03-19 16:16:22

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 8,436

Re: Dear people

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Well, you said the staff is hard to prevent the hackers, so how can the community help? They don’t even have the ability.

Yea, what it looks like is that the community ourselves should solve the problem. Yes, we can give informations, but that’s all we can do. Do you expect some random person in the community help the staff? No. Even if there is, the staff won’t care.

the most an average community member can do is report the bots


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#8 2019-03-19 16:35:38

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,331

Re: Dear people

Shy wrote:

We should blame ourselves for not trying to prevent the situation,

Well, now that everyone has admin powers, we can
but if you prevent the situation, you won't have admin powers and you won't prevent the situation...


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

#9 2019-03-19 19:54:28

Anatoly
Guest

Re: Dear people

Forums raid alarm?

#10 2019-03-19 19:59:34

poopdublio
Member
Joined: 2018-11-15
Posts: 42
Website

Re: Dear people

Is this a troll topic? Genuinely curious


It's :clap: Spam :clap: If :clap: The :clap: Mods :clap: Don't :clap: Like :clap: It

Offline

#11 2019-03-19 20:23:39, last edited by NorwegianboyEE (2019-03-19 20:26:25)

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 2,224

Re: Dear people

I liked your first topic, but this is just cringy.
Like Taskmanager said, your claim that because we are not all 1337 programmers it somehow makes our sincere complaint against the ARMY of spambots EE illegitimate is absolute ****. "Oh you shouldn't complain about malicious users creating bots that spread disgusting adult content on a kid's game because you didn't program it and you don't know how hard it is!!" **** please.
And yeah, asking the players of the game to learn coding and fix the problem ourselves is even more ridiculous. I'm not even sure if that's allowed.

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#12 2019-03-20 10:35:07

Shy
Guest

Re: Dear people

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I liked your first topic, but this is just cringy.
Like Taskmanager said, your claim that because we are not all 1337 programmers it somehow makes our sincere complaint against the ARMY of spambots EE illegitimate is absolute ****. "Oh you shouldn't complain about malicious users creating bots that spread disgusting adult content on a kid's game because you didn't program it and you don't know how hard it is!!" **** please.
And yeah, asking the players of the game to learn coding and fix the problem ourselves is even more ridiculous. I'm not even sure if that's allowed.

You're actually right and I realized the mistake. Closing the topic

Wooted by: (2)
Shy1553074507743010

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1574138319.4121 - Generated in 0.042 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.41 MiB (Peak: 1.58 MiB) ]