Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2019-03-15 14:23:57

Benjamin90
New Member
Joined: 2019-03-14
Posts: 5

Getting DNS error on my PC!

Hi Friends,

I am getting DNS error on my PC and none of the browsers are working. Any idea how to fix the issue?

Offline

#2 2019-03-15 14:56:04

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,947

Re: Getting DNS error on my PC!

You should try changing your DNS settings on your computer.


atill.gif

Offline

#3 2019-03-15 16:16:39

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,783
Website

Re: Getting DNS error on my PC!

Whats the error message?

Offline

#4 2019-06-04 12:05:55

Benjamin90
New Member
Joined: 2019-03-14
Posts: 5

Re: Getting DNS error on my PC!

It says dns address could not be found.

Offline

#5 2019-06-04 12:43:50

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,783
Website

Re: Getting DNS error on my PC!

It sounds like you might be trying to use an invalid DNS server then, in which case what Atilla suggested would probably work (changing your configured DNS server to 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare's DNS servers) / 8.8.8.8 (Google's DNS servers) / whatever)

Offline

#6 2019-06-05 06:09:05

Kira
Member
Joined: 2019-04-22
Posts: 246

Re: Getting DNS error on my PC!

LukeM wrote:

It sounds like you might be trying to use an invalid DNS server then, in which case what Atilla suggested would probably work (changing your configured DNS server to 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare's DNS servers) / 8.8.8.8 (Google's DNS servers) / whatever)

Literally what Atilla said

Offline

#7 2019-06-05 08:50:31

AllenCaspe9510
Member
From: Philippines
Joined: 2018-03-24
Posts: 213
Website

Re: Getting DNS error on my PC!

I'm getting driver power state failure, and almost none of the solutions even work

Offline

#8 2019-06-05 09:47:21

Benjamin90
New Member
Joined: 2019-03-14
Posts: 5

Re: Getting DNS error on my PC!

I basically did those steps with Google DNS

Offline

#9 2019-06-05 14:45:00, last edited by capasha (2019-06-05 14:45:32)

capasha
Member
Joined: 2015-02-21
Posts: 3,763

Re: Getting DNS error on my PC!

AllenCaspe9510 wrote:

I'm getting driver power state failure, and almost none of the solutions even work

Maybe because it have nothing to do with DNS..
I tried to duckduckgo your message. The weird thing is, I found how to fix it. How can you not find it with a simple search?

Benjamin90 wrote:

I basically did those steps with Google DNS

And the result is?

Offline

#10 2019-06-06 01:25:10

AllenCaspe9510
Member
From: Philippines
Joined: 2018-03-24
Posts: 213
Website

Re: Getting DNS error on my PC!

capasha wrote:
AllenCaspe9510 wrote:

I'm getting driver power state failure, and almost none of the solutions even work

Maybe because it have nothing to do with DNS..
I tried to duckduckgo your message. The weird thing is, I found how to fix it. How can you not find it with a simple search?

A first solution would be updating drivers, I tried it and then when I tried to shut it down, it showed an error message "Critical Process Died"
A second solution would be changing the power plans, I set it to never sleep and looked into advanced options to look for "Insert Step" but it doesn't appear

and sometimes, the screen feazes and when it goes blue screen, it doesn't collect info but it instantly restarts

Offline

AllenCaspe95101559780710751724

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1563860106.0992 - Generated in 0.029 seconds, 11 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.32 MiB (Peak: 1.43 MiB) ]