Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-12-09 10:39:01

Xenonetix
Past Owner
From: Moving on with my life
Joined: 2015-03-07
Posts: 899
Website

Re: Cheating Survey

It's an interesting debate.

Firstly, I'll say that both are indeed cheating, but one is something the staff can enforce punishment on while the other really isn't.

For me, the quandary is a combination of the two:

If you give your account to someone else, and the person you've given it to hacks to complete it, who should receive punishment, if any?
Should it be the account that hacked, even though it wasn't being controlled by the account owner, or the account of the person who took control to hack the campaign, or both?

capasha wrote:

(Yes we give out this npc or smiley or aura at the end of the campaign) = Always a hard world.
I have never seen a campaign where you get npc, smiley or aura in an easy world.

Thor Smiley - Journey Campaign - Easy

Also, who completed the Spring Campaign for the Raindrop Smiley for you if you've never seen a campaign where you get a smiley in an easy world? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink


Xenonetix-2.png

Offline

Wooted by: (5)

#27 2018-12-09 11:34:28

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 9,226

Re: Cheating Survey

mutantdevle wrote:
Luka504 wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

For it to be cheating, there'd need to be specific rules against it.

Let's try a different example then. Let's say you're playing timed chess with someone, and they suddenly punch you and knock you out cold. There are no rules in chess that say that you can't do this, thus it's completely viable to do. Right?
You don't need to explicitly label something as "cheating" for it to be cheating.

I mean, it is lol. If you purposely harm your opponent in any form of sports your bound to be disqualified. Your argument that laws aren't in consideration is stupid because they really are. I'm sure even if no legal action is taken you'd be disqualified and possibly banned from participating.

i completley agree to this


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Offline

#28 2018-12-09 13:39:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,848
Website

Re: Cheating Survey

Luka504 wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Hence, anything outside of the rules is against the rules.

Yeah that's.... Kind of what I'm trying to prove here. There are rules that aren't written directly but if you break them you are still cheating. These unwritten rules appear everywhere, from chess to EE, and you still have to obey those rules for a truly fair experience. Getting someone else to do campaigns for you isn't fair at all, you're earning rewards for no placed-in effort.

mutantdevle wrote:

Furthermore, chess is a game where the rules define what you CAN do rather than what you can't. I'm sure there's a rule about not sabotaging your opponent.

Don't these two sentences sort of contradict each other? You say that chess doesn't define what you can't do, but at the same time you say that there's a rule where you can't sabotage someone.

The thing is though, 'don't get someone else to do the campaigns for you' isn't an unwritten rule given the staff's comments in this thread. If they are provided with PROOF that someone got someone else to do the campaign, and they don't punish them for it, then it isn't an unwritten rule. It's just something you can do that the staff don't approve of.

With your second statement you are just being pedantic and you know it. The can'ts of chess are unwritten rules. You get punished if you break them because they are not in line with the things you can do.

EEs rules are a list of things you can't do. Therefore, anything unlisted is something you can do. Getting someone to complete a campaign world for you, by definition, cannot be cheating because there is no rule against it. What it is, however, is players going against the intended player experience. That's not cheating, that's a flaw in game design. The soloution to that flaw is to simply make an official rule against it. Whether or not staff then hand out punishments if players are proven to break this rule is down to them. But unwritten rules that don't have any punishment for breaking them aren't rules at all.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#29 2018-12-09 13:43:13, last edited by 2b55b5g (2018-12-09 13:50:30)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 3,005

Re: Cheating Survey

I agree what Ravatroll said. I asked for my friend to complete a tier in Endurance (I reached halfway and I gtg and the saving time was only 15 minutes when that happened) and Weird World last mini.

Although it’s only 1 tier each campaign, I didn’t enjoy the joy of having the campaign badge, I feel like it’s not mine and I always wanted to rebeat the tiers that I asked my friend to help me.

So I think this is cheating.

EDIT: Replying Xenonetix’s post. I think both should be punished, the person shared the account to another person should be punished because it is not allowed and it’s his fault to let someone hack the campaign. The person who hacked should also be punished because hacking is not allowed.

(My friends did the campaign tiers legit for me btw they did not hack)


she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Offline

#30 2018-12-09 15:28:38

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,683
Website

Re: Cheating Survey

RavaTroll wrote:

As a campaign curator, I think it's cheating to use hacks for sure. I think it's cheating to ask for a friend to do it too, but there's nothing to do about it except reminding you that you will regret it and never feel that joy you could have had by doing it by yourself. I cheated my way through a challenging game once and never replayed it because it took all the fun out of it. Don't do it. Being proud of your accomplishements is much better than cheating your way through success.

You said that it could take away the joy you could've had in a level, but if you enjoy the level why would you have someone else do it for you in the first place? I don't think people say 'Hmm I really like this campaign, it's a good level. I don't wanna play good levels that I can do'. It's usually 'This level is too hard, I'll ask a more skilled player to do it for me instead'. I don't think you'd be happy is a level is only hard jumps and precise stuff that you can't do because of lag or lack of skill.


Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#31 2018-12-09 17:15:03

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 9,226

Re: Cheating Survey

Xenonetix wrote:

If you give your account to someone else, and the person you've given it to hacks to complete it, who should receive punishment, if any?Should it be the account that hacked, even though it wasn't being controlled by the account owner, or the account of the person who took control to hack the campaign, or both?

what if he doesnt hack an djust legit beats it for you?


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Offline

Wooted by:
peace1544372103734578

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1721278353.8818 - Generated in 0.067 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.53 MiB (Peak: 1.7 MiB) ]