Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#51 2018-11-29 22:11:31

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 3,255

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

so in short there are 3 currencys : magic: get points to spent rather then get a reward now energy: same as now jewl: gems

beta memebr sget thigns caried over in form of Jewels but will gm time exteed (in new vip thing) or trranfered into Jewels?


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.pnga.png
                                                                                           4Ba5vYC.png

ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar  and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Offline

#52 2018-11-29 23:22:06

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,273
Website

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

Anatoly wrote:

WHY THE F*** HELL YOU MAKE - EVEN AESTHETIC - BLOCKS ANOTHER FORM OF PAY-TO-GET?

If itll be like that ill quit.

You say this as though you think you HAVE to pay to get these items.

You do realise they can be obtained through energy?


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#53 2018-11-29 23:49:33

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 664

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

LukeM wrote:
minimania wrote:

Have you ever stopped to consider why note blocks aren't used by very many people in Everybody Edits? Is it because they don't want to make music worlds, because it's too daunting or something like that? Is it because it's hard to understand how to go about making systems for them (as there are multiple)?

Why haven't we tried to fix these problems? Why, instead of attempting to change the system to something that could be more convenient for more players, do we give up on the system entirely? Please reconsider this, guys. Yeah, perhaps not a lot of people use the current music blocks, but just removing them entirely from the reboot will just further alienate that part of the community that does, and in the process (of adding a new no-work-required music system into EEU) takes a lot of creative freedom away from the players that they used to have in the original EE. Also, do remember that you are not just killing music worlds, but also killing/hurting a lot of gimmick worlds as well (FNAF 4 in EE, Megaman Dash, and the Memory Game all come to mind, on top of other things.)

Here's my opinion on it:
Currently the problem with note blocks is that they are currently near-impossible to incorporate with actual worlds, shown by the fact you called worlds that use notes within the actual design 'gimmick worlds', and are treating worlds whose sole purpose are music as the norm. IMO this doesn't really add much to the game, it's basically like we have a seperate 'game mode' which is entirely unrelated to, and cannot be used in combination with, the rest of the game, so there's really no point having it in the game in the first place.

It would be good if there was a way to fix this, but I really don't think there is (in block form)... You're always going to have the problem that you want to somehow have the player both falling through note blocks and actually playing the game at the same time, and there are only a handful of places where this is possible, so the best thing to do is to create a different feature (zones) which removes the need for this.

Note blocks are great when used right, but when you can probably count the worlds that do that on two hands, is it really worth having them?

I just have to strongly disagree with this and urge a reconsideration, there have been quite a few great uses of these blocks, outside of standard music worlds where you fall/run through the notes, there has been platforming levels such as Megaman Dash and MusicMan's Guitar Hero bot.  And as mentioned before, you can create your own jingle when a world is completed, which I think Xeno used in his Samurai level even.  Music doesn't hurt EE and only betters it, so it would better EEU as well.

Most players didn't really need the purple switch system with multiple IDs either, as the single door/gate was enough, but now with 1000 different IDs, it opens up so many more possibilities, along with portals and coin doors and so on. Very complicated machines can be made by those who know how to create them, which let those who aren't able to, able to enjoy these creations still.  I think the same can be said about music- I have not an ounce of sense of music in my body, but levels like Megaman Dash are lots of fun, plus any standard drop-through music is also enjoyable, especially when someone recreates a tune I love a lot. 

I remember a suggestion about a "phantom smiley" effect where you effectively clone yourself.  Perhaps if this effect was used along with music notes, you can have a player who plays the level while the phantom clone drops through a music section, which plays the music for you as you play.  This would be so cool!



Perfectly fine with note blocks not being implemented right away if it means we still get them, but would also like to see a couple more instruments- I feel like a xylophone sound set could fit EE fairly well.

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#54 2018-11-29 23:55:41

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 3,126

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

Xenonetix wrote:

Won't be able to upload your own music, sorry. It'll be multiple original music tracks available which people can choose from for use in their worlds. We hope to expand the music collection over time, and if the community wishes to submit their own compositions for consideration, we're open to that possibility! That being said, we also want to encourage streaming and recording playing of EEU, so we simply can't allow people to upload copyrighted music, which is why people won't be able to upload their own choices.

I understand this may be so in order to avoid copyright or something, but you should consider accepting submissions from the community or something. There are quite a few aspiring musicians out there who I'm sure would love to hear their own music/ambience in their own worlds. I know I am.

As far as music goes, I think it could be put to far greater use if you make it so that music has its own three layers, to put any music blocks in, that no other blocks can be placed in. This could make it possible to string notes together into a chord from a single space, or put down drums and piano at the same time. In addition, this could allow players to put them over gravity arrows, or one-way/door/etc, which is something currently impossible in Everybody Edits.


RM7fEdO.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#55 2018-11-30 00:18:04

Koto
Member
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 3,267

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

I always wanted to make a music world in EE.  After how long it took for the guitar pack to be made, you'd think it'd be worth saving.  Ho honestly, I don't see why you don't include music zones as well as blocks.  You could have contests where people use the music blocks to create music that could then be made into a purchasable track for the ingame music zones.


Loading...
________________________________________________________
DVNTehT.png

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#56 2018-11-30 01:05:48

KingN24
Member
Joined: 2017-08-24
Posts: 103

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

Xenonetix wrote:
KingN24 wrote:

If some of us were to design some 32x32 blocks, would they possibly be accepted per chance?

Probably not, considering they're going to be 24x24 blocks. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

oops, sorry bout my mispelling. Same question, but 24x24.


Heya.

banner.png

Offline

#57 2018-11-30 20:22:41

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 3,255

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

Xenonetix wrote:

In Everybody Edits Universe, it’s planned that (at least initially) only one type of World will be available, which anyone can purchase as many of as they wish. All newly registered accounts will receive a set amount of free worlds, and will be able to purchase further worlds directly from the player’s World List (or the shop(s)).When first accessing a world, a popup will come up with the height and width where the player can use keyboard arrows, arrows in the user interface, or type a number within a certain range. The default world size will be 200x200, but can be adjusted immediately, followed by a confirmation popup. The world size won't be adjustable after starting to edit the world unless the world is deleted or cleared, effectively replacing the world.

what if you set a fiar amount only to see after buuiilding a big complicated level you have annoying space left or are missing a few in lengt or width? and can we set shapes for our worlds? or hav ejut an L shaped world? (or any letter form the alphabet that doesn tinvolve circkles in the middl elike the O)


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.pnga.png
                                                                                           4Ba5vYC.png

ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar  and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Offline

#58 2018-11-30 22:49:21

KirbyKareem
Member
From: America
Joined: 2018-03-31
Posts: 241

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

sorry if anyone asked this already but
why does stardust have "range" when you collect a magic coin?


VOKXwvt.png

Profile and Signature by HG, check out his other creations!

Offline

#59 2018-11-30 22:52:20

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: Under your bed
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 402
Website

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

KirbyKareem wrote:

sorry if anyone asked this already but
why does stardust have "range" when you collect a magic coin?

I am not too sure but I think it means that you can get somewhere between 1 and (?) stardust from a single magic  coin, just like how a magic coin in ee can give 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 energy at random (Idk if I listed all of them)


Blue is my favourite color

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#60 2018-11-30 22:55:37

KirbyKareem
Member
From: America
Joined: 2018-03-31
Posts: 241

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

mikelolsuperman wrote:
KirbyKareem wrote:

sorry if anyone asked this already but
why does stardust have "range" when you collect a magic coin?

I am not too sure but I think it means that you can get somewhere between 1 and (?) stardust from a single magic  coin, just like how a magic coin in ee can give 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 energy at random (Idk if I listed all of them)



oh right XDDDD xenonetix told me that but i thought it was like that AND something to do with someone nearby getting some too? lol im dum

dont bother wit hwhat i said:lol:


VOKXwvt.png

Profile and Signature by HG, check out his other creations!

Offline

#61 2018-11-30 23:06:37

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 3,255

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

or it could be the % chance to get startdust from a coin an dim curious what that will be iwll i tbe aoudn 0.00001% or lower?


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.pnga.png
                                                                                           4Ba5vYC.png

ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar  and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Offline

#62 2018-12-01 00:04:43

Jet
Wiki Mod (Formerly zyhrllos)
Joined: 2015-11-08
Posts: 1,996

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

good job on adding potions back into ee mrshoe glad you’re back

Offline

#63 2018-12-01 04:15:09

CaRmAgE
Member
Joined: 2018-08-17
Posts: 59

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

Xenonetix wrote:
  • Player Progress Save System

Implementing this into MP1 will be... interesting, to say the least, but I'm glad it's a reality!

Offline

#64 2018-12-01 23:23:07

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,506

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

Somewhat disappointing. It has been a while and I don't see anything particularly game changing that will solve important issues. But I understand that you're still working on it so hopefully you will improve from here.

Currencies:
Energy is something that has been debated and has caused issues for a long time, so I'm kinda sad that you haven't talked about how you would solve any of the issues. A while ago, I proposed a levelling system which would allow players to learn the game at an easy pace and earn their action blocks by levelling up. There would be a max level at which players would have earned all action blocks. Cosmetic blocks can be bought with a currency, which could be energy. Players at max level get new action blocks for free. I still think this is a better system than energy. You didn't actually specify what items need to be bought with energy, so I don't know what your intentions are but I'm hoping at least action blocks won't need to be bought with energy. Perhaps it's actually just better for all action blocks to be free from the beginning.

Stardust seems like an improvement to current magic. I think it's nice that it's a currency. Feels like you are guaranteed that you will eventually get the thing you want, whereas in the current system it feels like you could play for years and not necessarily get all the magic items. So that will more effectively encourage investment into the game.

Not much to say about jewels, and the compensation stuff all sounds fine.

Zones:
Edit zones sound cool. They have been requested for a while, but I don't think they will have much of an impact on the game. Not an exciting change for me personally.

Music zones. At first, I thought it sounded great. However, after thinking about it some more, I'm starting to get the feeling we will be disappointed by these. We will not be able to upload our own tracks, but instead select from a handful of tracks. You're gonna reach a point where you have played enough to recognise all the songs and every level in the lobby will be using them. In fact, there will probably a few songs that will end up overused, i.e. generic adventure theme. I feel that the saturation will take away from the magic of having music in a level, and will also ruin the unique character of the levels they're used in. Building levels in this game is about creativity and executing on a concept, and the addition of another dimension to think about - music - should enhance your ability to express this. However, in this form, I just don't think that will be the case. I hope I am proven wrong.

Moreover, I don't understand the logic of removing music blocks. If the reason is that they are too niche, then I don't understand why they are still in the game. The implication is that it's because music zones will replace music blocks. But they are not the same thing. Look at the music worlds that currently exist in EE. Could they be made with music zones? No, music zones and music blocks clearly fill different niches. You do not use music blocks to create bgm for your world. You do not use music zones to bring a song you like into EE. Also, music worlds are fun to make, whereas imo music zones are gonna suck and even if they don't suck entirely, choosing a song for different areas of your world is still a very different kind of enjoyment to making a music world. The two should be able to coexist. I also don't agree with the idea that something should be removed if it's niche. In all honesty, this game could succeed without most of its features/blocks. Most additions to the game don't truly improve the game, they are just there to bring something new and prevent the game from dying (i.e. change for the sake of change). So the only reason you would want to keep most of the blocks is so that you don't upset the community. You believe that removing a niche feature won't upset too many people, so you might as well save yourself the time of coding it in. That's the impression I get anyway. But I would prefer if you would spend longer on the game and make it better than rush and get things wrong.

World sizes:
I like custom world sizes, but like the edit zones, won't impact anything and not very exciting. The best part of this section is that new users will get free worlds. This is pretty good, means you can get straight into building. But I think it would make more sense if worlds were completely free.

Save slots:
On the surface, save slots just seem like a nice luxury feature. However, I think they could potentially mean a lot more than that. The only thing that will change is that worlds won't necessarily need to be completed in one sitting, but imo this is quite important. Currently, if you are attempting a world that you are not skilled enough to complete in one sitting, your experience will be frustrating as you will get partway through the level and then have to leave before being able to complete it. Many people won't be willing to try the level again from the beginning, and they won't want to invest themselves into worlds of that kind of difficulty again because their previous experience caused frustration. But with save slots, they can feel better about leaving the level and coming back to finish it later, because they don't have to start over again. The experience is less frustrating, and the very fact that they saved their progress will encourage them to go back. Once they complete the level, they will feel pretty satisfied with their achievement. This makes attempting harder levels a more positive and fun experience, so I think it will make them more accessible. imo this is good for the game because it makes these hard and long levels less niche and a builder who likes making worlds like these can feel better about making them, just as the player feels better about playing them. Both have more reason to play the game.


Overall, it's okay. Still waiting for core issues to be tackled, which concerns me because you're saying you're gonna release alpha gameplay footage when to me, there's still so much I would like to see that hasn't been talked about, and so many questions to be answered. imo core issues are:
- growing the playerbase
- make building a level feel more rewarding
- make it easy to open the game and consistently be guaranteed to have fun (i.e. find something good in the lobby) because other games can do this easily, obviously it's harder with this genre but there are ways to do it
- in general, need to keep players invested long term
These are the things that I personally think have hurt the game the most over the years. So I think they need to be addressed if you want EEU to have a long period of success. This is also the kind thing I mean by true improvements to the game.

edit: This makes me wanna do patch rundowns for EE. anyone interested in that?

Last edited by skullz17 (2018-12-01 23:25:52)


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

#65 2018-12-01 23:45:25

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 892

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

skullz17 wrote:

This makes me wanna do patch rundowns for EE. anyone interested in that?

Yes.
Btw, i’m glad to see your opinion about the music zones. I made a post in this thread earlier that had pretty much the same exact concerns. Very dissapointed we won’t be allowed to upload our own custom music. The tools are there, but we get denied the good stuff. I don’t get it.

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#66 2018-12-02 01:08:47

rgl32
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 534

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

skullz17 wrote:

energy is something that has been debated and has caused issues for a long time, so I'm kinda sad that you haven't talked about how you would solve any of the issues. A while ago, I proposed a levelling system which would allow players to learn the game at an easy pace and earn their action blocks by levelling up. There would be a max level at which players would have earned all action blocks. Cosmetic blocks can be bought with a currency, which could be energy. Players at max level get new action blocks for free. I still think this is a better system than energy. You didn't actually specify what items need to be bought with energy, so I don't know what your intentions are but I'm hoping at least action blocks won't need to be bought with energy. Perhaps it's actually just better for all action blocks to be free from the beginning.

I think this this topic needs to be mentioned a bit more. I remember the topics about making the game new player friendly and they just kind of died down without any real solution, maybe it was around the time they made more cosmetics available, don't remember.  But This is the best time to actually think about it without being conflicted with a player base that already has everything.

Online

Wooted by: (3)

#67 2018-12-02 11:17:12

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 3,255

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

magic currency is kinda nice so magci is a bit more fun righ tnow its first of all get you Lucky **** clover on your side to get atleats a magic coin and then B get your Lucky **** clover to get what ever you want: the blcok or smiley and not 1 stupiid maxenergy whci sure is nci ebut not worth the efford whic the stardust you can choose whetr you still liek the max energy or if you wanna pump the dust into th esmiley/block you wanted form magic (will stardust also have jewles in their shop? im fiarly sure you can get a small tiny (so,methign smaller then thiny?) chnage now to get gems form magic) would make magic more fun if i will ever get to th epoint i have everythign back maby stardust can alos have an shop item to increase magic qa littl ebit and or to get a littl ebit more dust per magic i think doubling the chance to get magic doesnt do much wiht a tiny chance i mena i won tfeel the diffrenc ebetween an 0.00001% chance or 0.00002% even if it clearly doubled my chance its btoht still quit elow


EDIT: i got an diea for kong users whove spent osme kreds maby you cna give them the oppertunity to get their kreds back at teh cost  of thier gem soor something or maby atleats blcok kred sbeing spent on kong as kredsa can be used in quite much games on kong and there are quite som enice extras in games which are quite pricy and if osmeone spends kredss on the current version now and sees EEU he might think yeah that wasnt really wroth my kreds as value of gems changed

Last edited by peace (2018-12-02 11:19:35)


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.pnga.png
                                                                                           4Ba5vYC.png

ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar  and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Offline

peace1543745832733995

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1544567336.1085 - Generated in 0.096 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.6 MiB (Peak: 1.87 MiB) ]