Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Everybody edits Is dying

As we waited over 1-2 months for a single update, many people are leaving, But, It is only replaced by noobs now, Which is quite sad.

All the good and hard maps, which are original, They are never on the lobby list, which is a shame.

The lobby list lies a plethora of cheap, Nooby minis, which frankly I am sick of, Basically, the same old stairs, Hooks. THEY ARE POINTLESS.

EX crew aren't dealing out many maps at the moment, and we all strive to play their maps, as they are good design, and are quite hard, so, I want the pro players, to actually have some hard minis to play, which can draw the pros back in, and keep the noobish players out.

Peace out.

If you still want a challenge, and haven't played my level yet, feel free to, link at the bottom.

Last edited by Doctor_downes (Nov 15 2010 12:18:41 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

EDJ

Re: Everybody edits Is dying

The game (ha) will be more fun when there will be updates again. so be patient, Chris will start the 15th again

#3 Before February 2015

capasha

Also, i don't think it's getting more fun. I mean look at all maps already. With the functions that is already there can be used to make a good map.
But none is making a good map yet. It's flooded with minigames, stairs, x to code, bosses, art, roller coaster.
I have seen "hard map" before, but when you join, it's filled with a lot of hookjumps, stairs and repeated steps. I can't call that a really hard map.

The map that eedd created now is nice, but too hard for me. More medium do i like.

Blablabla, I'm tired.

#4 Before February 2015

Alex

There are tons of good maps, I don't know what you're thinking when you say every map is minigams or boss crap.

There may be a lot of bad levels, but some really great ones are out there.

#5 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

alex wrote:

There are tons of good maps, I don't know what you're thinking when you say every map is minigams or boss crap.

There may be a lot of bad levels, but some really great ones are out there.

Not really, once you have played them, what else is there to do? You can only play it so many times before you get bored, Trust me.

I have played so many maps it is unreal, and played most of the beta map in the /top. Only a few of them were what I enjoyed.
The one's I enjoyed
Google's
Mihb's
Starblinky's
MFL's
Nou's Eerie forest when it was up
Ravatrolls's
Most of the Ex crew maps, (AYAG i didnt enjoy much, too much torture)
Super Luigi's
UO's   trees and clouds
133's (i am not sure if it is up anymore)
Koth's
Speedjumps 2

Prove to me, that there are more, as far as i am enlightened, those are the decent ones.

And @ Doh, where is 133's map? I wanna try it again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

EDIT: @ EDJ, yes, but what is he going to do? add more pointless bricks that are only pretty, or fix the games shoddy gravity. I doubt he'd try and make it lag free.

tbh, this game HAD potential, but he left it too long.

Last edited by Doctor_downes (Nov 10 2010 3:27:08 am)

#6 Before February 2015

capasha

Doctor_downes wrote:

And @ Doh, where is 133's map? I wanna try it again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Found it, Beta | nonbeta I love the levels.
Where is 133, where did he go? I think he gave up EE because it's only crap out there.

Last edited by doh (Nov 10 2010 4:43:55 am)

#7 Before February 2015

EDJ

EDIT: @ EDJ, yes, but what is he going to do? add more pointless bricks that are only pretty, or fix the games shoddy gravity. I doubt he'd try and make it lag free.

well, did you expect the keys and locks? these are nowadays quite overrated but it opened nevertheless great new opportunities. Tthis game is still full of potential. But i think that he must focus strictly on the game and level design, and not to chat.

#8 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

doh wrote:
Doctor_downes wrote:

Found it, Beta | nonbeta I love the levels.
Where is 133, where did he go? I think he gave up EE because it's only crap out there.

Probably, as it was a shame, he had bloody amazing ideas, I wish he was still playing EE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Thanks for the link again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

But, it shows good player are leaving due to the lack of changes/updates

@EDJ But, i hate keys, always have done, they just are a nuisance, and can easily be trolled now, by teleporters, and usually are just stairs, Which are again pointless.

The only thing i would like, is them to fix the gravity crap, and make some new blocks/tiles to change the physics of the game.

Yes, teleporting would be an idea, but where is the potential?
Coined doors, are just going to be a nuisance, due to missing a coin somewhere, and you cant go back, making it only possible, if you teleport
Icy blocks, that would be a good idea, as it is something that relies more on stoppage, and jumping
Chat? That is only going to cause more lag, for the people that have lag, and cause lag to people that doesnt have lag
New coloured blocks, Only good artistically, not merit in levels you play
Spring jump block, it could get exploited, if chris doesnt fix the physics of the game, as people may lag, and get higher than usual
Fake blocks, that would be fun, but quite frustrating
Diagonal arrows would be good, but i doubt the current game physics would let it work
And to sort out the crashing of the rooms, I have been crashed out 5 times within the past hour, it is annoying to say the least
Chris has a lot of work, to get crap done, i just think he has left it too late.

EDIT: @ EDJ, just played your map, great artwork, but overall, the levels were quite bland, and showed little imagination in my opinion, try to think of minis that would make your map unique, as I have played similar beforehand, then, your map will become more popular with pros, but i liked the beginning //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile, great for all experiences //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Doctor_downes (Nov 10 2010 1:50:53 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Nou

Some updates would indeed by nice. Or at least any word on when we can expect something. Right now it seems as if Chris has just abandoned this game. Yes he has a life blabla but no-one is THAT busy that he can't post something on the forum :/

I'll try to be there as well eedd.

No u.

#10 Before February 2015

Alex

He said on the blog that he's gonna resume working on EE on the 15th.

I think there are a lot of opportunities to make the game great with all the suggestions out there.

#11 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

alex wrote:

He said on the blog that he's gonna resume working on EE on the 15th.

I think there are a lot of opportunities to make the game great with all the suggestions out there.

Yes, there is loads of suggestions out there, but i doubt many will improve the game significantly,
The only decent things that would work is eliminating the lag, and sorting out the physics/inconsistent gravity

other than that, there seriously need to be a big change in the game, to keep the pro's of the game busy, and occupied, whilst the newbs/noobs are occupied with their other random stuff which is boring

Tbh, there should be like a test thing to get onto harder levels, like an initiation, so that the pro levels will only appear in the lobby, and the stairs, races and that are in the newb's lobby.

#12 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

What about me EEDD. Don't count my maps as good? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#13 Before February 2015

Bash

Doctor_downes wrote:

Tbh, there should be like a test thing to get onto harder levels, like an initiation, so that the pro levels will only appear in the lobby, and the stairs, races and that are in the newb's lobby.

Have you ever been bored and checked out the lame levels to see what was the newest thing that people were doing?   I like having all levels be shown to everyone, it allows the "pro" gamers and the newer gamers to try out all the levels.

If we did that, it would end up like how the beta was originally, one or two levels in the lobby.

#14 Before February 2015

Shesiressu

First thing is chat he said - WOOT!

#15 Before February 2015

Alex

I personally don't think chat will make EE a better game, it may ad some convenience to it, but it won't add anything new to gameplay.

#16 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

@alex yup then troll's will come and say " code is ****** " but it'll be censored right? so they will find a way and go like " code is lo lcode "

@Everybody edits is dying, its not reall dying but it is getting " boring " er

#17 Before February 2015

Alex

kaosslasher wrote:

@alex yup then troll's will come and say " code is ****** " but it'll be censored right? so they will find a way and go like " code is lo lcode

...Huh?

I'm pretty sure Doctor_Downs is trying to say pretty much that.

#18 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

alex wrote:
kaosslasher wrote:

@alex yup then troll's will come and say " code is ****** " but it'll be censored right? so they will find a way and go like " code is lo lcode

...Huh?

I'm pretty sure Doctor_Downs is trying to say pretty much that.

I Know im just so incredably BORED

and im trying to say that the chat when a troll gets code he will try and say code but it will come out like " ******* " so he will say " code > 123 456 "

#19 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Drock, Your maps are good, but at times they are boring, tbh there is very little fun stuff out there, I only have fun, when there is a new concept/new mini game i never played, which isnt cheap.

Chat? Go away, That is only going to be trolled, and cause huge lag

And yes, EE is boring now, I just want it to be "fun" again, yet i doubt it will happen //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#20 Before February 2015

EDJ

Doctor_downes wrote:

Drock, Your maps are good, but at times they are boring, tbh there is very little fun stuff out there, I only have fun, when there is a new concept/new mini game i never played, which isnt cheap.

And yes, EE is boring now, I just want it to be "fun" again, yet i doubt it will happen //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

But have you even looked at the suggestions poll, he will add all the features at some time. but he must focus on the games itself

#21 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

EDJ wrote:
Doctor_downes wrote:

But have you even looked at the suggestions poll, he will add all the features at some time. but he must focus on the games itself

I have, but none of them actually look like it is going to revolutionise EE, But, first i agree he has to sort out the booting/crashing, gravity/physics, and lag first. but then, it wont be a huge change... the game was only fun, when it was released.

EDIT: when i say released, i mean when, Released as in, you can add a key/code to a level, so it didnt get trolled

Last edited by Doctor_downes (Nov 11 2010 12:28:15 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

Shesiressu

Waw, i'm getting - Reputation coz' some retards! WTF!

Last edited by Shesiressu (Nov 12 2010 7:12:19 am)

#23 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Shesiressu wrote:

Waw, i'm getting - Reputation coz' some retards! WTF!

You are? I see no reputation on anyone lol!

And please refrain from using acronyms with swearing in, as most of the players are little.

#24 Before February 2015

Alex

I don't see your complaints with lag.

My computer isn't great but I [generally] have no problem playing ee.
It's your computer, dude.

#25 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

alex wrote:

I don't see your complaints with lag.

My computer isn't great but I [generally] have no problem playing ee.
It's your computer, dude.

Dude, i have a gaming laptop, it aint my computer. ¬¬
Maybe you are the lucky one that experiences no lag //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Codfoshie1423855825105607

Board footer