Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2018-09-19 20:06:50

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
From: ̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍
Joined: 2015-02-20
Posts: 1,382
Website

[EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

Details: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=43842

Graveyard:
   cooldude76 - Worker Smiley - Lynched Day I
   Whirl - Hazmat - Killed Night I
   RailMat - Angry Smiley - Lynched Day II

Players:
- Daneeko
- RailMat
- Slabdrill
- Zumza
- TaskManager
- Onjit
- Whirl
- MWstudios
- cooldude76
- mutantdevle
- ILikeTofuuJoe

Role List

Last edited by realmaster42 (2018-09-25 17:40:21)


http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

Offline

#2 2018-09-19 21:46:19

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
From: ̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍
Joined: 2015-02-20
Posts: 1,382
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

Day I commences. Day I will finish in the 21th of September at around 5:30 PM UTC+0.

You can lynch somebody today.

A majority is required in order to lynch somebody (6).

Last edited by realmaster42 (2018-09-20 18:13:51)


http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

Offline

#3 2018-09-19 22:07:24

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 6,818

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

hello world
lets see where this goes, i dont have much expectations with these players tbh
shouldnt the majority be 6 with 11 players? this value is usually independent of the roles


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2018-09-19 22:30:21

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
From: canada
Joined: 2015-08-15
Posts: 2,856
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

interesting to have a slightly harder majority than usual. i think half+1 works better, but whatever.

d1 lynches are good, right?


suddenly random sig change

Offline

#5 2018-09-19 22:53:48

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 6,818

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

Slabdrill wrote:

d1 lynches are good, right?

there were debates about it every damn time
honestly, lynching just for the sake of it cause "its good" is a dumb idea and can be easily pushed by scum when necessary


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Offline

#6 2018-09-20 00:26:24

Onjit
Member
From: Bosnia
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 7,417
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

hello everyone i am the cool smiley and i think we should ax the max so we have better odds //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool


I'm off to scout camp for a week, so I won't be on at all. Completely cut off from the outside world. It's gonna be great ('cept 4 teh fud ofc.) cuz dat fud b nazty. liek srsly nazty. I IS LIKE SO PUMPED I DUN GIVE A CRAP ABOUT GRAMMR!!!!one!!!eleven1. So. Bye. When I get back I'll know how to shape metal and carve wood. I already know how to make baskets, towers(like big ones), find my way with a map, run for my life, and how to get caught in a tornado bcuz srsly that Knsas weathr is liek totaly krazy. It's like raining for 10 min then it stops and u look outsid and then you cant c a single cloud liek anywer? Yeh, is liek dat. I'll be living in a canvas, semi-permanent tent and using tons of bug spray because those ticks are absolutely awful there. And then it gets so dang hot there its like omg I'm melting and then you look at your hand where your canteen was (bcuz if u dun have a canteen in ur hand u r srsly slow and might even die) and ur hand melted off. Well, I've spammed enough and described how I will be living enough for now. Bye!

Offline

#7 2018-09-20 04:26:36

ILikeTofuuJoe
Banned
From: Obvervable Universe
Joined: 2018-06-04
Posts: 1,435
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

hello universe
                 code


https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Offline

#8 2018-09-20 05:49:50

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 6,818

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

Onjit wrote:

hello everyone i am the cool smiley and i think we should ax the max so we have better odds //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

are you **** because it's day 1 or is that an actual claim
oh wait who the hell claims d1


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Offline

#9 2018-09-20 06:02:59

ILikeTofuuJoe
Banned
From: Obvervable Universe
Joined: 2018-06-04
Posts: 1,435
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

is it night yet because I don't know


https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Offline

#10 2018-09-20 11:01:48

Daneeko
Member
From: EE Universe
Joined: 2015-02-20
Posts: 1,879

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

TaskManager wrote:
Onjit wrote:

hello everyone i am the cool smiley and i think we should ax the max so we have better odds //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

are you **** because it's day 1 or is that an actual claim
oh wait who the hell claims d1

is it just me or...
hold on...


undertale_box.png?text=%0Acolor%3Dhotpink%20%20%20%20%20%20YOU%20HAVE%20BEEN%20DESTROYED&box=undertale&boxcolor=hotpink&font=determination&asterisk=false&small=true wait what

Offline

#11 2018-09-20 11:13:55

Daneeko
Member
From: EE Universe
Joined: 2015-02-20
Posts: 1,879

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

i vote to lynch cooldude76, i suspect he's hazmat.
actually, definetly hazmat. heres why;
onjit said he's the cool smiley, i'm just the smiley...
onjit was the 6th player to join and he got the 6th role
i was the 1st player to join and i got the 1st role
that probably means every other role was given out the same way...
that also means...
- Whirl
- MWstudios
- cooldude76
are all part of the NCR!!
dun dun dun!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Daneeko (2018-09-20 11:14:37)


undertale_box.png?text=%0Acolor%3Dhotpink%20%20%20%20%20%20YOU%20HAVE%20BEEN%20DESTROYED&box=undertale&boxcolor=hotpink&font=determination&asterisk=false&small=true wait what

Offline

#12 2018-09-20 12:24:55

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,273
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

TaskManager wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:

d1 lynches are good, right?

there were debates about it every damn time
honestly, lynching just for the sake of it cause "its good" is a dumb idea and can be easily pushed by scum when necessary

Day 1 lynches are ALWAYS good. I've since played a lot of mafia on mafiascum.net (Creature is there //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue) and you should ALWAYS lynch day 1 regardless of how uninformed you are. The only time you should ever be no lynching in a mafia game is if there is an even amount of players alive or you are informed enough to know that no lynching is a good thing (eg, the PRs will solve the game instead of the lynches).


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#13 2018-09-20 12:27:08

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,273
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

Daneeko wrote:

i vote to lynch cooldude76, i suspect he's hazmat.
actually, definetly hazmat. heres why;
onjit said he's the cool smiley, i'm just the smiley...
onjit was the 6th player to join and he got the 6th role
i was the 1st player to join and i got the 1st role
that probably means every other role was given out the same way...
that also means...
- Whirl
- MWstudios
- cooldude76
are all part of the NCR!!
dun dun dun!!!!!!!!!

My role is not in the same position as when I joined so your theory is wrong. Instead, you have stupidly given away your own role. Unless, of course, you are scum who just tricked me into giving you information about my role.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#14 2018-09-20 12:28:16

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,273
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

Onjit wrote:

i think we should ax the max so we have better odds

I'd like to elect that we begin this game by lynching the people who don't post. It will be better for us in the long run. Lurkers **** you over in the late game.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#15 2018-09-20 12:29:20

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,273
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

Out of everyone in this list, I think cooldude76 is the least likely to be active.

Vote: cooldude76


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#16 2018-09-20 12:30:10

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,273
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

!lynch cooldude76

Just in case realmaster wants exact formatting.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#17 2018-09-20 14:38:44

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 964

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

Daneeko wrote:

i vote to lynch cooldude76, i suspect he's hazmat.
actually, definetly hazmat. heres why;
onjit said he's the cool smiley, i'm just the smiley...
onjit was the 6th player to join and he got the 6th role
i was the 1st player to join and i got the 1st role
that probably means every other role was given out the same way...
that also means...
- Whirl
- MWstudios
- cooldude76
are all part of the NCR!!
dun dun dun!!!!!!!!!

uh I don't know what is exactly my purpose but it said I'm against NCR
so well, not my case


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

#18 2018-09-20 15:17:51

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder
From: Emmen (NL)
Joined: 2017-05-22
Posts: 1,123

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

I claim a role

Offline

#19 2018-09-20 16:04:49

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 6,818

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

Daneeko wrote:

onjit was the 6th player to join and he got the 6th role
i was the 1st player to join and i got the 1st role

no thats not how it works

mutantdevle wrote:

Day 1 lynches are ALWAYS good. I've since played a lot of mafia on mafiascum.net (Creature is there ) and you should ALWAYS lynch day 1 regardless of how uninformed you are. The only time you should ever be no lynching in a mafia game is if there is an even amount of players alive or you are informed enough to know that no lynching is a good thing (eg, the PRs will solve the game instead of the lynches).

can you post a thorough explanation? how does it benefit us?
"i have played on mafiascum" card is good without a doubt but id like to see actually WHY is it useful, and other players i think would like to see it as well
p sure we could try pressuring weak/new players rather than hammering it straight away, aye?

RailMat wrote:

I claim a role

pls.


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Offline

#20 2018-09-20 17:17:25

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,273
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

Every time there is a lynch, there is a chance that scum will die.
If you don't lynch, no scum will die.

By not lynching, you are not increasing the chances that scum will die in the future.

You may argue that by not lynching we are not risking killing someone who has a role that MAY catch scum. However, if you calculate the odds that the person you want to lynch is a certain role and calculate that with the chances of their ability actually catching someone, then lynching will always be superior.

When you lynch, you always have a [X / total players] chances of catching mafia where X = the number of mafia alive. Say, for example, we don't want to lynch because there might be a cop. There is a [1 / total players] chance that they are a cop and a [X / (total players - 1)] chance they'll get a guilty result during the night. The fact that there are now 2 parts to the statistic to considers means that a lynch is better than a cop check. You'd also have to add on the probabilities to that cop check of the chances it could be prevented and the cop could be killed and then you multiply that across all the days the cop could live with the number of results they could get before death and it's still not worth it. Those statistics from the lynch outweigh the statistics that any action could possibly give us if we decide not to lynch.

There's also the argument that no lynching gives more power to the mafia. Every phase, there is a lynch and a night kill. The night kill will always kill town (theoretically). The lynch could kill either town or mafia (theoretically). If your not lynching, then you're just letting town be killed over and over again.

Besides, when you attempt to lynch, you get claims. In an open setup like this where every role is unique, whenever someone claims, we either get a confirmed town out of it or someone gets counterclaimed and you've narrowed the lynch down to 2 people.


In fact, now that I think about it, this setup is so stupid. All we have to do is all claim our roles and then we've narrowed down who the mafia are:

If anyone claims the same role as someone else, you lynch amongst those people.
If you claim and no one else claims to have that same role, then they are confirmed town.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#21 2018-09-20 17:20:07

Daneeko
Member
From: EE Universe
Joined: 2015-02-20
Posts: 1,879

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

ok, im wrong, yada yada
!lynch cooldude76


undertale_box.png?text=%0Acolor%3Dhotpink%20%20%20%20%20%20YOU%20HAVE%20BEEN%20DESTROYED&box=undertale&boxcolor=hotpink&font=determination&asterisk=false&small=true wait what

Offline

#22 2018-09-20 18:07:14

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 6,818

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

mutantdevle wrote:

Besides, when you attempt to lynch, you get claims. In an open setup like this where every role is unique, whenever someone claims, we either get a confirmed town out of it or someone gets counterclaimed and you've narrowed the lynch down to 2 people.

this was needless to mention. i kind of implied it in my previous post

mutantdevle wrote:

In fact, now that I think about it, this setup is so stupid. All we have to do is all claim our roles and then we've narrowed down who the mafia are:

If anyone claims the same role as someone else, you lynch amongst those people.
If you claim and no one else claims to have that same role, then they are confirmed town.

that is true. i was wondering WHEN would we be able to do this effectively? (the problem is people's inactivity)

mutantdevle wrote:

You may argue that by not lynching we are not risking killing someone who has a role that MAY catch scum. However, if you calculate the odds that the person you want to lynch is a certain role and calculate that with the chances of their ability actually catching someone, then lynching will always be superior.

When you lynch, you always have a [X / total players] chances of catching mafia where X = the number of mafia alive. Say, for example, we don't want to lynch because there might be a cop. There is a [1 / total players] chance that they are a cop and a [X / (total players - 1)] chance they'll get a guilty result during the night. The fact that there are now 2 parts to the statistic to considers means that a lynch is better than a cop check. You'd also have to add on the probabilities to that cop check of the chances it could be prevented and the cop could be killed and then you multiply that across all the days the cop could live with the number of results they could get before death and it's still not worth it. Those statistics from the lynch outweigh the statistics that any action could possibly give us if we decide not to lynch.

it should be mentioned that all probability calculations assume that all player-made choices are truly random, which causes some inaccuracy.
lynch is [X / total players] for getting mafia, yeah, but we're not going on a blind random lynching streak hopefully, right? i think we could count neutrals into X as well and consider [X/total] as chance of a lynch that isnt harmful to us. then that probability is 5/11 actually which is pretty high. our cop role is pretty retarded imo, since it only detects 3 of the townies and a neutral which kinda throws it off even more. but in general the cop has [4/(total-1)] to get a friendly result i guess? theres also wizard role that works like tracker and has [1/total-1] chance to find the person visiting someone who dies the same night? i worded it like that cause it doesn't mean that person is guaranteed to be mafioso. anyways, i guess what you said here makes sense, we could go with pressuring or lynching someone,
!vote cooldude76


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Offline

#23 2018-09-20 18:17:19

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
From: ̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍
Joined: 2015-02-20
Posts: 1,382
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

Vote Count

cooldude76 (3/6) - mutantdevle, Daneeko, TaskManager


Also all Mafia, I extremely recommend you to use the damn quick topic I sent you. It's there for a reason. If you don't use it, you're going to lose, no matter how hard you try.

Last edited by realmaster42 (2018-09-20 18:17:58)


http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

Offline

#24 2018-09-20 19:28:22

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 964

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

so, will we all lynch cooldude76? My turn
!lynch cooldude76


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

#25 2018-09-20 20:17:51

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,273
Website

Re: [EEMAFIA] EE Mafia Game 2 - Night II

TaskManager wrote:

but we're not going on a blind random lynching streak hopefully, right?

We probably will because, y'know, lurkers.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

realmaster421537893564725985

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1544848252.141 - Generated in 0.075 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.69 MiB (Peak: 1.98 MiB) ]