Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2018-09-11 20:00:32

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,953

Tower Appreciation Day

What's your favourite tower houseware?
500w-glass-jar-blender-with-grinder-p41-12843_zoom.jpg


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#2 2018-09-11 20:03:17

ASDruska
Member
From: Everybody Edits
Joined: 2016-08-05
Posts: 703

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

my favirote tower model is the one that is actualy a tower

i have 2 towers btw


I'm actually the boshy now

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2018-09-12 03:59:24

Zoey2070
Moderation Team
From: Shakuras
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,324

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

Again, can we maybe not do this **** on 9/11? A few thousand people died y'know


proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂
danke bluecloud thank u raphecOtX1wh.gif rest in peace my dear lil crab teague. and fitzpatrick. i loved you a lot
🌈 Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Offline

#4 2018-09-12 09:16:11, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-12 09:22:12)

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 726

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

I hate when people make 9/11 jokes.  You know, about 3,000 innocent people died, therefore.. let's laugh about it???? Why in the world would one think that and find it acceptable?

I also hate when you call someone out on their distasteful joke and then they claim you "have no sense of humor."  I disagree, it's not "not having a sense of humor," it's "having a sense of humor, but being decent too."  9/11 jokes are distasteful and indecent, there is nothing funny about that tragedy.  Or any tragedy for that matter.  I couldn't imagine having to both deal with losing a loved one and ALSO seeing jokes about their death.  This is disgusting, please stop.  There are millions, billions, trillions.. a seemingly infinite amount of other things to joke about.  9/11 is not one of them.


Azure2.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2018-09-12 12:57:40

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,474

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

Just like with basically everything else, I disagree with you on this Azure.

This type of humor is dark humor, and the whole point of dark humor is that it makes fun of subjects that you shouldn't laugh about. If you don't like this type of humor, that's perfectly okay, but to say that no one should be allowed to joke about tragedies is literally censoring an entire genre.
That's the equivalent of me telling you to never, ever make knock knock jokes, because someone might find knock knock jokes offensive. In fact, you shouldn't be allowed to make any jokes since anybody can find whatever you say offensive. Hyperbolic? Maybe. But you get the idea. How offensive something is is completely subjective.

If you aren't allowed to joke about everything then you aren't allowed to joke about anything at all. Simple as that.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

#6 2018-09-12 13:05:44

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,330

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

azurepudding wrote:

I hate when people make 9/11 jokes.  You know, about 3,000 innocent people died, therefore.. let's laugh about it???? Why in the world would one think that and find it acceptable?

I also hate when you call someone out on their distasteful joke and then they claim you "have no sense of humor."  I disagree, it's not "not having a sense of humor," it's "having a sense of humor, but being decent too."  9/11 jokes are distasteful and indecent, there is nothing funny about that tragedy.  Or any tragedy for that matter.  I couldn't imagine having to both deal with losing a loved one and ALSO seeing jokes about their death.  This is disgusting, please stop.  There are millions, billions, trillions.. a seemingly infinite amount of other things to joke about.  9/11 is not one of them.

seems like the topic creators don't care
because more jokes came


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

#7 2018-09-12 13:21:09

Zoey2070
Moderation Team
From: Shakuras
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,324

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

Dark humor is to cope with bad or traumatic things and last I checked, none of you were personally affected by 9/11. You're making jokes to be edgy, not to deal with what happened. There's a difference.


proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂
danke bluecloud thank u raphecOtX1wh.gif rest in peace my dear lil crab teague. and fitzpatrick. i loved you a lot
🌈 Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2018-09-12 13:35:43

minam
Member
Joined: 2016-02-10
Posts: 458

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

TaskManager wrote:

What's your favourite tower houseware?
https://www.towerhousewares.co.uk/image … 3_zoom.jpg

Literally why did you post this...


Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

Offline

#9 2018-09-12 13:41:45

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,474

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

Zoey2070 wrote:

Dark humor is to cope with bad or traumatic things and last I checked.

... Huh...?
I mean dark humor can be a way to cope with traumatic experiences, I won't deny that. But you're directly implying that everyone who likes dark humor or makes jokes in that genre has to be directly involved with an issue to talk about it. And let's be real, that is extremely wrong.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#10 2018-09-12 14:15:28, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-12 14:17:49)

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 726

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

Luka504 wrote:

Just like with basically everything else, I disagree with you on this Azure.

This type of humor is dark humor, and the whole point of dark humor is that it makes fun of subjects that you shouldn't laugh about. If you don't like this type of humor, that's perfectly okay, but to say that no one should be allowed to joke about tragedies is literally censoring an entire genre.
That's the equivalent of me telling you to never, ever make knock knock jokes, because someone might find knock knock jokes offensive. In fact, you shouldn't be allowed to make any jokes since anybody can find whatever you say offensive. Hyperbolic? Maybe. But you get the idea. How offensive something is is completely subjective.

If you aren't allowed to joke about everything then you aren't allowed to joke about anything at all. Simple as that.

yes because an event where 3000 innocent people were killed is the same thing as a knock knock joke.  as zoey said, these aren't jokes being made to cope, they're being made to be edgy.  very "cool"

edit: anyone who'd be offended by knock knock jokes would be considered unreasonable.  someone who lost their loved one in 9/11 wanting to punch someone in the face for making a 9/11 joke, i don't think would be considered unreasonable.  they damn right deserve it.


Azure2.png

Offline

#11 2018-09-12 14:30:34, last edited by Luka504 (2018-09-12 14:33:10)

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,474

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

Right now you're precisely doing what you hate people doing to you. You consider knock knock jokes to be inoffensive and anyone who does finds them offensive as unreasonable, just as I view you as unreasonable for promoting physical violence onto someone for making a joke you personally find distasteful.

Humor is subjective. You do not have a right to tell anyone what is objectively offensive and what isn't. If you do not like this type of humor I can almost certainly tell you that it isn't going anywhere. The only thing you can do is plug your ears and ignore it.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

#12 2018-09-12 14:49:26, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-12 14:51:58)

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 726

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

Luka504 wrote:

The point of the comparison is to show you how humor is completely subjective. You're precisely doing what you hate people doing on you. You consider knock knock jokes inoffensive and anyone who finds them offensive as unreasonable, just as I view you as unreasonable for promoting physical violence for making a joke you personally find distasteful.

Humor is subjective. You do not have a right to tell anyone what is objectively offensive and what isn't. If you do not like this type of humor I can almost certainly tell you that it isn't going anywhere. The only thing you can do is plug your ears and ignore it.

You act as if it has to be one extreme or the other, to allow all forms of humor, or none at all.  Life's not that binary, and just because it may be difficult to exactly know where to draw a moral line, doesn't mean everything's in this gray area.  To allow all forms of humor is as ridiculous as disallowing all forms of humor.  A moral line CAN be drawn, and we may disagree exactly where, but we are talking about an extreme case here, which you are equating to a knock knock joke for some reason. 

And don't turn this on me like that, I wouldn't punch someone in the face or tell someone else to.  But do you know what it's like to lose someone in a tragedy like this?  And for someone to make some edgy joke about it to be "cool."  I wouldn't blame someone who lost a loved one if they punched someone in the face for that.  Society is built upon these subjective moral lines.  For example, murder is illegal.  This is a necessary line to draw, so a society can exist.  Jokes that offend, however, isn't as necessary to prevent.  However, one can conclude that if it's wrong to murder someone, then it must be wrong to joke about someone who was murdered.  I think that is an easy way to draw that line.  If you are going to argue how it's "subjective if murder is wrong," then don't even bother, because I won't respond to a clearly wrong argument.

There are an infinite amount of other things to joke about.  Murder and rape should easily be on the "no" list.

EDIT: I also don't know why calling it "dark humor" somehow excuses it.  If you can acknowledge that it's dark, then shouldn't that be indicative of something?


Azure2.png

Offline

#13 2018-09-12 15:29:42

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,953

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

damn you guys lol
literally every single time azure posts an opinion in a thread
0u6x3fn.png


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#14 2018-09-12 18:53:13

Xfrogman43
Member
From: need to find a new home
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,171

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

if this was posted on 9/12 would it be ok?


zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Offline

#15 2018-09-12 19:00:56

ASDruska
Member
From: Everybody Edits
Joined: 2016-08-05
Posts: 703

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

Xfrogman43 wrote:

if this was posted on 9/12 would it be ok?

NOPE against the law infact you will be fined 9 dollars for your BAD behaviour


I'm actually the boshy now

Offline

#16 2018-09-12 19:09:23

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,968

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

ok no hat ebut before you make jokes baout 9/11 what if YOU were in that building at THAT time? or a perosn you love was there?


OeaNm9Q.png              MYaIIs9.png
ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.pngKFPwcx.jpg

Offline

#17 2018-09-12 19:11:35

ASDruska
Member
From: Everybody Edits
Joined: 2016-08-05
Posts: 703

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

peace wrote:

ok no hat ebut before you make jokes baout 9/11 what if YOU were in that building at THAT time? or a perosn you love was there?

im not american how is any of that possibe


I'm actually the boshy now

Offline

#18 2018-09-12 19:13:26

Vitalijus
Member
From: Lithuania
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 1,382
Website

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

Can y'all stop commenting? 9/11 is over, put your 9/11 meme books back into the bookshelves, see you all next year.


wn7I7Oa.png

Offline

#19 2018-09-12 19:20:05

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,330

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

Why don't we talk about mixers and housewares if the topic is about them?


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

Wooted by:

#20 2018-09-12 21:09:59

Pingohits
Banned
From: aids lizard
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 7,591

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

plane


791mAP8.png

Offline

#21 2018-09-13 03:11:38

Andymakeer
Member
From: Nine-tails Vale
Joined: 2016-05-29
Posts: 288

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

lots of people are killed everyday guys

considering that a date is "sacred" is worst than doing jokes about that


F

Offline

#22 2018-09-13 03:39:12, last edited by Yu (2018-09-13 03:39:50)

Yu
Member
Joined: 2018-06-18
Posts: 272

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

Andymakeer wrote:

lots of people are killed everyday guys

considering that a date is "sacred" is worst than doing jokes about that

Nobody is saying 9/11 is "sacred". It's the insensitivity behind 9/11 that people dislike.

9/11 was a terrorist attack on the United States. About 3,000 people died and 6,000 were injured--in a country of freedom! This wasn't even a war, this wasn't something we knew of beforehand--this was pure evil that involved many innocent individuals. Children, mothers, fathers, friends, they all died. These people may have been on vacation just looking to take time off.

Imagine the fear of seeing buildings like that collapse, without any warning. Knowing someone you loved was killed without any warning--no chance to say goodbye.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#23 2018-09-13 04:45:24

Joeyc
Guest

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

smh, I can't even believe you guys would still make jokes even after the day it happened.
im ashamed of this community

here's how you guys think.          "Not me, why do I give a **** https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL"

#24 2018-09-18 02:06:31

Andymakeer
Member
From: Nine-tails Vale
Joined: 2016-05-29
Posts: 288

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

death is death

there is no most honorable or less honorable death

there is no most fearful or less fearful death

everyday people die, by homicide

you just ignore it and try to put a measurable value to their death


F

Offline

#25 2018-09-18 02:51:11

Bobithan
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,401

Re: Tower Appreciation Day

truth

bvWuAFP.png
im not a real mod btw

Offline

Wooted by:
Luka5041568211766761641

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1568602633.5274 - Generated in 0.072 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.75 MiB (Peak: 2.04 MiB) ]