Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-11 05:04:12

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

resetting while dying sometimes leaves me with a death

prob related to how you keep effects after reset

suddenly random sig change

#2 2018-09-11 11:46:05

Anatoly

Re: resetting while dying sometimes leaves me with a death

Because you get one die after killing is ended

#3 2018-09-11 16:58:12

peace

so far how i know how death works is this: touch spike>death animation comes>death packet get ssend to sever saying you got killed>sever gives packet back to client>client adds a death and respawns you
in the time while the death animation still works you can get in god and you wont be killed it sbecause the packet is delaye duntil the animation is basically over so I think that if yo ureset in that period and the sever gets both pakcte safter each other (in same tick or a tick after) and the reset one is ealier it will detec your reset and before client rechives tghe reset pcket back sever also sends death one while youre being reset the client deetcs the spawn as your 'checkpoint' and gives oyu a death
ok lukem fix me if im worng

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#4 2018-09-11 17:15:39

Anatoly

peace wrote:

so far how i know how death works is this: touch spike>death animation comes>death packet get ssend to sever saying you got killed>sever gives packet back to client>client adds a death and respawns you
in the time while the death animation still works you can get in god and you wont be killed it sbecause the packet is delaye duntil the animation is basically over so I think that if yo ureset in that period and the sever gets both pakcte safter each other (in same tick or a tick after) and the reset one is ealier it will detec your reset and before client rechives tghe reset pcket back sever also sends death one while youre being reset the client deetcs the spawn as your 'checkpoint' and gives oyu a death
ok lukem fix me if im worng

You have a developer logic! What about starting coding bots?

Anatoly1536682539724214

Board footer