Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-06 08:54:32, last edited by Luka504 (2018-09-22 15:29:10)

Luka504

Luka's Oficialy Unofficial Reviews

Hello everyone! So, as the title implies, I will be reviewing each of the worlds for round 3. I'll be judging by Art, Gameplay, Concept and Story. I'll rate each department on a scale of one to ten, and then multiply them on my view of how important they are to me. The maximum score is 100.

Judging Criteria

Disclaimer - These are all my opinions. If you disagree with what I say, good for you.
Let's get started!

Round 3 winners
Round 3 losers
Round 4 losers
Round 5 losers
Round 4 winners
Round 6 losers
Round 7 losers
Round 5 winners

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#2 2018-09-06 10:14:57

azurepudding

Re: Luka's Oficialy Unofficial Reviews

[Radioactive Sunflowers]

by that description it seems like you'd give more points on art and.. I guess I'm a little lost, you told me that there was too much going on.. so I remove a shade, and now it needs more shading?  Like I barely removed anything and now it's too little, but one block type more, it's too much.  Confused.

As for gameplay.. I dunno, others have said the gameplay's the best part of the map, as it offers a few different methods of playing.  It was what was most focused on the map, as I did not think I could compete in terms of story compared to my opponent's.  If you simplify any gameplay like that, it'll sound boring.  Most worlds are parkour courses, so I switched it up some.  Also the parkour parts have a few ways to win, with a quicker but harder way, or a longer but easier way.  You can jump directly off the dino's nose and probably die (but still possible to make it), or take the charge along its back to safely leap across.  For mosquito game, you can skip a fruit with well-timed jumps.  I saved the solar system minigame for last as I thought it was the most fun, and have been told it was a very unique gameplay segment.. which I thought it was too.  Solar cycles also allowed different paths on the 2nd and 3rd segments- the first being barren, to allow the player to adjust to the new game style.  And then there's also a bonus hard mode if you want a slightly harder version.

I am happy to see you liked the concept and story tho, as you seemed very skeptical about it when I discussed the idea. 

as for the total scoring.. those point totals should convert to a 70/100 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue 28/40 = 70%, or 75-80% based on review of art.

Azure2.png

#3 2018-09-06 10:15:37

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

These reviews are objectively bad and I disagree with your scores on my level.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2018-09-06 10:31:29

Kira

"Art - 10/10
This is Kira, Lictor and Kaleb we're talking about. Of course the art is phenomenal."

Art was made in 40 minutes xd

Wooted by:

PTU

#5 2018-09-06 10:38:40, last edited by 2b55b5g (2018-09-06 10:40:36)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

You spelled my team name wrong //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

I hope I can win Hexxel, Yoshilogan and Joeyc in loser round if I can...

And I hope I can put effort in my worlds xD

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#6 2018-09-06 10:50:53, last edited by Luka504 (2018-09-06 10:54:05)

Luka504

Azure - For art I suppose what I meant to say is that you need better shading. In the places where art was below par I believe you needed to utilize the blocks you used in a better way for it to not look as bad as it does. Sorry for the confusion, I could have worded that better.

In terms of gameplay, I really don't know what to say other than it felt very dull. These are my personal reviews, and as such I don't really care what others think about it.

The reason I was skeptical when you told me that idea was mostly because I misunderstood what you said the first time. The story and concept are pretty good and are the best parts of the world.

And I do judging differently than NorwegianBoy. Gameplay is much more important to me than Art, so one point to gameplay is worth twice as much as a point in Art. If you take a look at the judging criteria you can see the multipliers I used for this calculation. For your world it was:

Story          9/10 x1 = 9 points
Art             6/10 x2 = 12 points
Concept      9/10 x3 = 27 points
Gameplay   4/10 x4 = 16 points

It adds up to 64 points. A slight error on my part, but yeah.

#7 2018-09-06 11:08:47, last edited by Norwee (2018-09-06 11:09:31)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Hmm, actually i was the only one out of five judges that voted for Azurepudding’s level. Due to the fact that i preferred the great gameplay in the musEEum over CK and Unau’s story and art. (As good as it was) So wouldn’t that mean i prefer gameplay and creativity in gameplay over art and story?

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#8 2018-09-06 11:09:36, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-06 11:16:27)

azurepudding

Luka504 wrote:

Azure - For art I suppose what I meant to say is that you need better shading. In the places where art was below par I believe you needed to utilize the blocks you were given in a better way for it to not look as bad. Sorry for the confusion, I could have worded that better.

In terms of gameplay, I really don't know what to say other than it felt very dull. These are my personal reviews, and as such I don't really care what others think about it.

The reason I was skeptical when you told me that idea was mostly because I misunderstood what you said the first time. The story and concept are pretty good and the best parts of the world.

And I do judging differently than NorwegianBoy. Gameplay is much more important to me than Art, so one point to gameplay is worth twice as much as a point in Art. If you take a look at the judging criteria you can see the multipliers I used for this calculation. For your world it was:
Story - 9/10 x1 = 9 points
Art - 6/10 x2 = 12 points
Concept 9/10 x3 = 27 points
Gameplay 4/10 x4 = 16 points
It adds up to 64 points. A slight error on my part, but yeah.

I see now, but.. I don't know what to say, I mean EE has a limited palette so colors are limited too.  I will say tho that the solar cycles Play/Back section was very lacking in shade and detail, but everything else honestly looks fine to me.  Also "you should have utilized the blocks to not look as bad" is both insulting as it is unhelpful.. "it coulda been better" doesn't give me much to go off of.

And.. shrug, for gameplay, I guess I just don't understand what you mean by dull, since there is a variety of gameplay styles and different paths to take.  It's not like in most worlds where there is one solution- there are two or three ways to go, some being riskier but quicker than others.  That much is objective, but not finding it fun can be subjective.  But calling it dull makes it sound like it's not varied when it is.  The gameplay was the main focus, seeing how my opponent's world was mainly platform parkour for every segment.  That's the only area where I felt I had the edge, everything else tho they were stellar.  I wanted to do more than just platform parkour, tho I had some of that still.  Geode game simulated you swinging a pickaxe down to mine gems, and gravity game had you orbitting around in the solar system, with your smiley masked as a blue planet.  Some refinement could have been done, but dull, when it's a series of short games that switch up the gameplay, feels.. incorrect? to me.  How could the gameplay be improved?  More minigame types that break away from standard parkour?  But why are other parkour-only worlds rated higher

Azure2.png

#9 2018-09-06 11:43:10, last edited by Luka504 (2018-09-06 11:44:19)

Luka504

More variety is nice, however none of the minigames in your world felt fun to play to me.

The pikcaxe minigame is you just jumping in the highlighted door, with no real penalty for missing. I don't know how to describe it other than "It's boring." Maybe if it had a time limit or if it was more strict I would put more emphasis on accuracy.

The mosquito minigame is a very basic jumping minigame. Sure you can skip a fruit as like a little time saver, but other than that there is nothing interesting there. It really needed another mechanic or something, since as it is right now it looks like a minigame I could put in a 200 minigames to code world since you swat it aside easily and then move on with your day.

The dinosaur game is a slightly more elaborate parkour minigame. It has some okay platforming, but it ends fairly quickly. It isn't all that different from the mosquito minigame in terms of mechanics , thus it's kinda throwing a wrench into your "variety" point.

The Big Bang minigame is just spinning around collecting coins that you don't even need to collect. This is literally just a minigame that you can skip with no consequences for doing so. Maybe if I had to get all the blue coins and dodge some obstacles it would actually have a sense that the minigame is worth my time. And no don't give me that "If you skip the minigame you're purposefully ruining your own experience" nonsense. I shouldn't be able to skip it and ruin my experience at all!

The Orbit minigame is by far the best of the bunch (Or the least worst), but it's so mindlessly easy that I really don't have to try very hard to beat it. Just slightly press up or down and good job you won the minigame. Even if you somehow managed to fail that minigame, there's no real penalty for doing so, since the checkpoints are so generous.

Wooted by:

#10 2018-09-06 12:09:18, last edited by Zoey2070 (2018-09-06 12:10:05)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Luka your TITLE

Thanks for doing this btw

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#11 2018-09-06 12:54:51

Lictor666

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Hmm, actually i was the only one out of five judges that voted for Azurepudding’s level. Due to the fact that i preferred the great gameplay in the musEEum over CK and Unau’s story and art. (As good as it was) So wouldn’t that mean i prefer gameplay and creativity in gameplay over art and story?

Concept > gameplay > art > ... > color of the world border > story

#12 2018-09-06 14:12:20

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Lictor666 wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Concept > gameplay > art > ... > color of the world border > story

Uhhh... I don't get your reply. What are you trying to say?

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#13 2018-09-06 14:40:15

peace

is it offical or unoffical? title doenst explain it well oh and:

Luka504 wrote:

Story - 2/10
This grammar are real. The story is about you dying so you can go to heaven to meet your grandpa. This story could work, but in this case it just doesn't. You really need to learn grammar if you want people to take your stories seriously, peace.    wrong youre not dying you just meet god in his pyramid and he takes you (while your still alive) to heaven

Art - 0/10
This art is just awful. There's literally only two block types in the entire level - The cloud decoration and the gold bricks. The entire map just feels empty, and there's nothing that sticks out. There's almost no decorations and everything meshes together into a big pile of muck.    yeah art its true these 0 points i guess it didnt had much art tbh so ya

Concept - 1/10
Last time I checked there isn't one, unless you count dying so you can go to heaven a concept.    wrong the conecpt is you wanting to find old things come along in this pyramid and search it

Gameplay - 0/10
Just. Awful. There's hovers, edge jumps, low jump segments, extremely precise jumps and low ceiling jumps. There is nothing redeemable about this. there is 1 hover yes gennerally it isnt even a very hard level to beat

5/100 i expect a bit higher score okay it may be low byut 5/100? rly?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#14 2018-09-06 15:17:49

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

Luka504 wrote:

Story - 2/10
This grammar are real. The story is about you dying so you can go to heaven to meet your grandpa. This story could work, but in this case it just doesn't. You really need to learn grammar if you want people to take your stories seriously, peace.    wrong youre not dying you just meet god in his pyramid and he takes you (while your still alive) to heaven

Art - 0/10
This art is just awful. There's literally only two block types in the entire level - The cloud decoration and the gold bricks. The entire map just feels empty, and there's nothing that sticks out. There's almost no decorations and everything meshes together into a big pile of muck.    yeah art its true these 0 points i guess it didnt had much art tbh so ya

Concept - 1/10
Last time I checked there isn't one, unless you count dying so you can go to heaven a concept.    wrong the conecpt is you wanting to find old things come along in this pyramid and search it

Gameplay - 0/10
Just. Awful. There's hovers, edge jumps, low jump segments, extremely precise jumps and low ceiling jumps. There is nothing redeemable about this. there is 1 hover yes gennerally it isnt even a very hard level to beat

How does it feel to be in the losers bracket?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (5)

#15 2018-09-06 16:58:16

peace

mutantdevle wrote:
peace wrote:

Luka504 wrote:

Story - 2/10

Art - 0/10

Concept - 1/10

Gameplay - 0/10

How does it feel to be in the losers bracket?

well its tnot thst bad i guess?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#16 2018-09-06 20:42:17

azurepudding

Luka504 wrote:

More variety is nice, however none of the minigames in your world felt fun to play to me.

The pikcaxe minigame is you just jumping in the highlighted door, with no real penalty for missing. I don't know how to describe it other than "It's boring." Maybe if it had a time limit or if it was more strict I would put more emphasis on accuracy.

The mosquito minigame is a very basic jumping minigame. Sure you can skip a fruit as like a little time saver, but other than that there is nothing interesting there. It really needed another mechanic or something, since as it is right now it looks like a minigame I could put in a 200 minigames to code world since you swat it aside easily and then move on with your day.

The dinosaur game is a slightly more elaborate parkour minigame. It has some okay platforming, but it ends fairly quickly. It isn't all that different from the mosquito minigame in terms of mechanics , thus it's kinda throwing a wrench into your "variety" point.

The Big Bang minigame is just spinning around collecting coins that you don't even need to collect. This is literally just a minigame that you can skip with no consequences for doing so. Maybe if I had to get all the blue coins and dodge some obstacles it would actually have a sense that the minigame is worth my time. And no don't give me that "If you skip the minigame you're purposefully ruining your own experience" nonsense. I shouldn't be able to skip it and ruin my experience at all!

The Orbit minigame is by far the best of the bunch (Or the least worst), but it's so mindlessly easy that I really don't have to try very hard to beat it. Just slightly press up or down and good job you won the minigame. Even if you somehow managed to fail that minigame, there's no real penalty for doing so, since the checkpoints are so generous.

I had poison effect in mind at first, but I thought it'd be a more enjoyable experience if the player could take their time.  The dinosaur minigame was going to have a time limit because of the asteroid, which you fought so hard for me to get rid of.. and I did.  Geode game can be made a little tougher if you refrain from using the double jump and without sliding across while holding down.  I don't really know how I could have forced more difficulty without a poison effect, which I felt would be forced and wuld be unnecessary stress.  It was only used in solar cycles so that touching a block would eventually kill you, as toggleable spikes aren't available.

I did make a mistake with the blue coins, as I had replaced the blue coin door with a death one, but I should have had both.  But, like old EE levels, they had no purpose other than to just collect for a sense of accomplishment.  That you 100%'d the map.  One of those coins are a little tricky, but overall it's not too hard and is another thing to do.. or not do.  If the player wants a quicker experience, they can, if they want to do everything, they can also do that.  It doesn't feel fair to rate lower because of that option.

Skippable.. well.. I mean, as easy as I thought my previous worlds were, I've seen a lot quit part way through.  Even on this world as well.  The idea was to make a world easy, but put an optional bonus at the end for those who desire a little more challenge.  This time being all gold coins and no deaths (and also shoulda have been all blue coins).  But deathless seems mildly challenging enough, as it can be kinda easy to slip up on the final minigame, or if you fall into the tar pit.  While some things are skippable or able to be breezed through, the ability to do so is really in your hands.  It's like complaining that a game's easy mode is too easy, when a normal mode is available (and maybe there's also a hard, but I don't think my map is that hard).  If easy is too easy, that's not really the game's fault.  The world is short enough that a deathless run isn't an impossible task, in fact it's entirely doable, so if it's wanted a player can easily /reset if they die to restart their quest for gold.

As for the rest of your thoughts, I can't really argue against you not having fun, as that is subjective.  But as for the difficulty and generous checkpoints, that's just complaining about easy mode being easy, and I didn't want a hard map to begin with, I wanted something new players and average-skilled ones to enjoy.  I aim for easy-medium usually, sometimes easy, sometimes medium.  It is also a contest world, and while I do not think the judges are unable to complete a hard map, they also have a lot of maps to play through, so I did not want to artificially lengthen the map with really hard jumps and spike gaps and etc.  I mean you've also complained about some maps being too hard.  Too easy, too hard.. both extremes maybe not the most desirable, but if I want more people to enjoy my map, I'm going with easier.  Fun over frustration I think, and, I dunno, I guess you require more frustration to have fun, but I think otherwise.

I'd also like you to stop calling my stuff "awful" or how to make it "less awful," as this isn't helpful at all, and is just you being pointlessly negative again.  You're the one who wanted in my world so much when it was visible false, so I mean clearly you wanted to see.  You called it a trolled mess and that no thought was put into the art and etc.  And you were there to see me work on it for literally dozens of hours and should know that these insults are that much harsher.  You're free to not find the world fun, but please knock it off with these insults.  They're more acceptable (but still mean) for low effort worlds but you KNOW I put loads of effort here, but you really don't seem to care.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#17 2018-09-06 21:04:01

Luka504

Honestly azure at this point I'm just getting tired of your nonsense. If you don't want to listen to my advice on how you could've made your world better, then that's perfectly okay, but right now you're just throwing a tantrum like an entitled child. I do not like your world. I believe that it's not good. You need to accept that and move on.

If you're going to continue acting like this don't expect me to respond any more. I really do not want to deal with this.

Wooted by:

#18 2018-09-06 21:09:21, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-06 21:11:18)

azurepudding

Luka504 wrote:

Honestly azure at this point I'm just getting tired of your nonsense. If you don't want to listen to my advice on how you could've made your world better, then that's perfectly okay, but right now you're just throwing a tantrum like an entitled child. I do not like your world. I believe that it's not good. You need to accept that and move on.

If you're going to continue acting like this don't expect me to respond any more. I really do not want to deal with this.

But.. I did take some of your advice.  I made changes you requested (which you also attacked me for accepting), so... I don't know what you're going on about.  I just disagree with most of it, and that's not a tantrum but w/e.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#19 2018-09-06 21:42:19, last edited by Luka504 (2018-09-06 21:42:48)

Luka504

azurepudding wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

But.. I did take some of your advice.  I made changes you requested (which you also attacked me for accepting), so... I don't know what you're going on about.  I just disagree with most of it, and that's not a tantrum but w/e.

I was talking about the advice I've given recently, the ones you responded to earlier. Though honestly it doesn't matter much anymore. I've said what I wanted to say.

Side Note: I finally finished all my reviews for round 3. Considering how time consuming this was I'll probably not do any reviews for the next round.

#20 2018-09-06 21:45:19

azurepudding

Luka504 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

I was talking about the advice I've given recently, the ones you responded to earlier. Though honestly it doesn't matter much anymore.

Side Note: I finally finished all my reviews for round 3. Considering how time consuming this was I'll probably not do any reviews for the next round.

No rush with them.  I might make my own reviews after the contest myself.  But with each round, there are less and less worlds to review, so there's that.

Azure2.png

#21 2018-09-06 22:21:44

Introduction

thx luka for the review on my world. I do agree my world wasn't the best but I'm not an old user myself so I really didn't knew what to make. I looked at Egg Hunt 2's block palette and tried my best with it. I had a feeling the world was bland and thought I could've lost, until I realized my opponent was "the awesome team". RIP that team btw

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#22 2018-09-06 22:25:23

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Luka can you please make another review on my world? The review that you made is incorrect and you should try again. Don't worry you'll get it right one day.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

rat, PTU

#23 2018-09-06 23:04:28

azurepudding

TaskManager wrote:

Luka can you please make another review on my world? The review that you made is incorrect and you should try again. Don't worry you'll get it right one day.

oof how many more days will this joke last

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

rat

#24 2018-09-07 00:31:55

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

THE TITLE LUKA

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (3)

#25 2018-09-07 07:21:53

Luka504

Zoey2070 wrote:

THE TITLE LUKA

What about it

azurepudding1537650661725657

Board footer