Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-30 21:31:06

Jorc

What games do you recommend people to play and why? (STEAM ONLY)

I would recommend people to play:

Terraria - to those people who likes RPG, 2D game
Town of salem - deception, killing, medieval (It's free in its browser just like EE)

what about you guys?

#2 2018-08-30 21:38:43, last edited by TaskManager (2018-08-30 21:39:05)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: What games do you recommend people to play and why? (STEAM ONLY)

EEJoranasc wrote:

Town of salem - deception, killing, medieval (It's free in its browser just like EE)

i play this every day a little bit
you could've just said "it's like mafia" and people would understand
btw i wouldn't mind playing in a party with ppl occasionally, so if anyone's up to that, message me!!

games that i'd recommend:
insurgency - its an FPS game with classic middle east warfare setup and with inclination to realism
from the depths - a sandbox game about building huge ships, submarines, aircraft and spaceships
boring man - a 2d shooter stickman game, really fun to play and with it's own humour and fun achievements that make gameplay even more enjoyable. it's dying now though, not that many players //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#3 2018-08-30 21:42:48

Vitalijus
Website

I will write a huge list of great games of which most don't even need to be explained why, just the titles should tell you everything (and if some don't I've put little explanations for some): Terraria, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Rust, PAYDAY 2, Grand Theft Auto V, Garry's Mod, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Counter-Strike: Source, H1Z1, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Counter-Strike: Source, VRChat, American Truck Simulator, The whole Saints Row franchise, actually the whole Grand Theft Auto franchise too, Worms Ultimate Mayhem, Goat Simulator (for the lols), both parts of Poker Night, Speedrunners, Timberman (fun little game to play when you're bored), all of the Half-Life series and most of the mods it has, Portal and all of the Portal and Portal 2 fan made mods, Quake III, Quake Champions, Cities Skylines, Subnautica, BeamNG.Drive, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and the regular The Binding of Isaac, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, Minecraft: Story Mode (what?), South Park™: The Stick of Truth™, Planet Coaster, Gang Beasts, Life is Strange, Plants vs Zombies (because why not? It's fun), Rocket League, Bridge Constructor Portal.

wn7I7Oa.png

#4 2018-08-30 21:45:58

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

starbound - sci-fi space terraria

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2018-08-30 22:01:30

Pingohits
Banned

descriptions taken from steam

Flywrench -- "Flywrench is a frenetic action game from the makers of Nidhogg about piloting an aerobatic ship through the depths of space."
Hexcells -- "Hexcells is an ambient logic puzzle game for PC, Mac and Linux."
Kentucky Route Zero (treat this more as an interactive movie) -- "Kentucky Route Zero is a magical realist adventure game about a secret highway in the caves beneath Kentucky, and the mysterious folks who travel it."
Nuclear Throne -- "Nuclear Throne is a post-apocalyptic roguelike-like top-down shooter. Not 'the final hope of humanity' post-apocalyptic, but 'humanity is extinct and mutants and monsters now roam the world' post-apocalyptic. Fight your way through the wastelands with powerful weaponry, collecting radiation to mutate some new limbs and abilities."
Puzzle Agent -- "When White House inquiries to the Scoggins Eraser Co. are answered only with curious puzzles, Nelson Tethers from the U.S. Department of Puzzle Research is sent on the case. The strange events in Scoggins will challenge every ounce of Tethers’ expertise, and possibly his very wits too, with brainteasers at every turn: mazes, logic..."
Stardew Valley -- "You've inherited your grandfather's old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home?"
Super Win the Game -- "Throw on your nostalgia goggles and travel back in time with Super Win the Game, a retro-core explosion of exploration and platforming action!!"
West of Loathing -- "West of Loathing — a slapstick comedy stick-figure wild west adventure role-playing game."
Wuppo -- "Play as an exiled 'wum' looking for a new home in this bizarre but charming world, filled with strange creatures, puzzles, monsters and political chaos."

791mAP8.png

#6 2018-08-30 22:25:48

Kirby

these ones are good

unknown.png

#7 2018-08-30 22:41:18

Joeyc

celeste is a must, if you like platformers

#8 2018-08-30 22:49:40

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

SOMA: Excellent horror/exploration game by frictionalgames (creator of Amnesia the dark descent) the story is amazing, and if you don't like horror there's even an story mode where you can't die. The atmosphere is immersive and astonishing.

Metro 2033 Redux: Great game about the apocalypse where the remains of humanity survive in the metro tunnels of Moscow, the stations have become livid city states, while the surface is a deadly and toxic wasteland. It's a shooter game where the player has to survive both mutants and humans by scavenging their way through the hostile and friendly stations.

Penumbra Overture/Black plague: Old games, but they still have atmosphere that rivals Amnesia the dark descent and SOMA at parts. Big focus on puzzle solving and survival. It's horror doesn't dwell on the tired "screaming in your face" BS, rather it pulls you in with it's immersive atmosphere and creeps the hell out of you. Pretty much like SOMA or Amnesia does.

Left 4 dead 2: Great co-op game where the players have to work together to survive the zombie apocalypse, there are many interesting enemies in the form of "special infected" which often require teamwork to deal with. I have spent many hours on the "versus" mode. It's a mode where 8 players are split into 2 teams, zombie and human. The humans have to make it to the end goal, while the zombies have to work together to kill them before they reach it.

Red Orchestra 2/Rising storm: Tactical World War 2 Multiplayer shooter which pretty much subverts every trope you know from Call of Duty. You can either play as the Germans or Soviets in the Eastern Front of Stalingrad, or you can play as the Japanese or Americans in the brutal pacific war. There are many guns, but 80% of the team has to use a bolt-action rifle, (Which is how guns were usually distributed in the real war.) every gun is also extremely deadly. Pretty much one well-placed shot from a bolt-action rifle is all it takes to end you. It makes for intensive fights where tactical co-ordination and fighting for the objective takes precedence over 1v1 gunfights. Not recommended for casual players, but extremely rewarding for people that want to experience a completely different take on the multiplayer shooter genre.

Long live the queen: Very fun game that takes tropes from Japanese Visual Novels and uses it to create a compelling story-based game where decisions matter. The player is the 14 year old daughter of the recently deceased queen, which makes her the new one. However there are an endless amounts of challenges facing her. Political intrigue, failing economy, foreign invasions, civil war, uprisings, assassination plots, etc etc...
Every week you get to study a little bit on the subject of your choice, which will help you to find out more about the world around you and to maybe help you survive whichever challenge appears that day. Very many endings to find, as well as alternative story branches.

Papers please: Probably you all heard about this one, it's that game where the player works as a border guard for the Arstotzkan goverment. By scrutiny you'll have to sort many ID cards and passports in hope of finding discrepancies and screening the entrees for any contraband. Play it if you haven't. 

F.E.A.R: Widely praised for having some of the smartest enemy AI seen in FPS games. The soldiers fighting against the player use tactics such as cover fire, retreating when caught in a bad spot, using grenades to flush the player out, splitting up into fireteams and attempting to flank the player by shooting him from behind. etc... Also good atmosphere and story.

Dead space: Brutal sci-fi survival horror game that pits the the player, an ordinary engineer against "necromorph" enemies that are extremely deadly, fast and flexible. Using engineering tools the player has to "cut off the limbs" of the terrifying enemies, as merely shooting their heads or body does absolutely nothing to stop them from assaulting you. This introduces an gameplay element which is very intuitive and combined with the tension and atmosphere of the spaceship location makes for a recommended buy.

Condemned criminal origins: An interesting FPS/detective game where enemies are everywhere and firearms are scarce, requiring the player to survive by using the well made melee combat system. The graphics are from an older generation, creating an bleak atmosphere which surprisingly works to the games advantage. Highly recommended.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#9 2018-08-31 00:40:12, last edited by Andymakeer (2018-08-31 00:40:45)

Andymakeer

Don' Starve and Don't Starve Together

because they're awesome

F

Wooted by:

#10 2018-08-31 00:50:33, last edited by Jorc (2018-08-31 02:12:07)

Jorc

TaskManager wrote:
EEJoranasc wrote:

i play this every day a little bit
you could've just said "it's like mafia" and people would understand
btw i wouldn't mind playing in a party with ppl occasionally, so if anyone's up to that, message me!!

True, but part of that game is mafia, yes. but sometimes not, for like coven, custom, mode like vigilantics

i can play with you if you want, im not busy all of time (will when school starts)

#11 2018-08-31 01:49:35, last edited by Raphe9000 (2018-08-31 01:55:26)

Raphe9000

Streets of Rogue, any Portal game, Hyper Light Drifter, Dead Cells, Blossom Tales, Parkitect, Planet Coaster, Plague Inc, Witcher III, Kingdoms and Castles, Cities Skylines, and Bloons TD5 are a few of my favorites.

Joeyc wrote:

celeste is a must, if you like platformers

I second this.

Vitalijus wrote:

Grand Theft Auto
Plants vs Zombies
Gang Beasts

These and the Elder Scrolls (or really any Bethesda game) will never get old.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Papers please: Probably you all heard about this one, it's that game where the player works as a border guard for the Arstotzkan goverment. By scrutiny you'll have to sort many ID cards and passports in hope of finding discrepancies and screening the entrees for any contraband. Play it if you haven't. 

I haven't played this one, but I've only heard good things about it.

RCT3 used to be a good pick too, but it was pulled from the store. I'm happy I got it when I did.
The ones I see myself spending the most time in are streets of rogue (buy it), parkitect, plague inc, the Witcher 3, BTD5, skyrim, and spore.

It's good to look for all of these in sales (wish list works), and I'm looking to try Frostpunk, Moonligter, Monster Hunter World, No Man's sky, Eco.

I also want to try Lost Ember when it comes out.

#12 2018-08-31 05:05:22

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

EEJoranasc wrote:

True, but part of that game is mafia, yes. but sometimes not, for like coven, custom, mode like vigilantics

Mafia, as in not a faction, but the game concept itself
Like the one we played on these forums
With a town, roles, lynching, etc

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#13 2018-08-31 09:18:45

daneeko

Just Shapes & Beats: Geometry Dash on drugs its a really cool game where you have to dodge stuff to the beat and its pretty neat cuz theres a story mode

UzI5nBc.png

#14 2018-08-31 10:12:55

Doomsdaytoy9000

garry's mod
portal 2
ultimate chicken horse
move or die
jackbox
the ship
gang beasts

these all require friends though sort of

XR0wvu0.png

#15 2018-08-31 12:39:03, last edited by Luka504 (2018-08-31 12:47:48)

Luka504

Celeste - This is most likely my favorite game of all time. I'm not joking. It's phenomenal. It's a 2D adventure that talks about serious issues in such a respectful and tasteful manner that it left me in awe at how they managed to make something so stellar and charge only 20 dollars for it. The less you know about the game, the better. Buy it.

Portal 2 - Quite possibly one of the best games ever created. I recommend playing the second one over the first one, as I believe it has better graphics and better puzzles. One of the few 3D games I love to play. It's a must have.

Papers Please - A game with a really creative concept where you work at a border checkpoint and have to look at people's passports to see if they're allowed to enter your country. It's set up in a dystopian world where violence, misery and corruption always loom over the country of Arztotzka.

Sonic Mania - The best way I can describe Sonic Mania is - It's a nostalgia filled love-letter to long time Sonic fans. If you loved the classic sonic games I cannot recommend Mania more. Even if you didn't play the Genesis games, I'd still recommend this lighthearted 2D adventure.

Ori and the Blind Forest - A really beautiful 2D metroidvania-styled game that has such lovely graphics and music. This game is pure art. However, if you have a low-end computer you may not be able to run it, but other than that I seriously recommend it.     

RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic - If you loved the original RCT games or are a fan of tycoon games in general, this is a great choice to add to your steam library.

Super Fancy Pants Adventure - If you played a lot of flash games as a kid, you may remember a game called Fancy Pants Adventures. The team behind FPA made this entirely new game. It's a fairly short 2D adventure that is really fun to try to speedrun.

Stephen's Sausage Roll - Quite possibly the best puzzle game I have ever played. However I can only recommend this game if you're really looking for a truly brutal and difficult puzzle game. If you fit that description, then you will love this game.

(Side note, if you know of any other great 2D platformer game, feel free to shoot me a PM)

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#16 2018-08-31 16:04:14

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

factorio. it's a great game for people who aren't really into platforming, with gameplay feeling a lot like traditional modded minecraft 'expert' packs (but not **** balanced).

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (4)

#17 2018-08-31 23:56:42

Ratburntro44
Website

play starbreak because it's the only good game in existence

#18 2018-09-02 16:53:38, last edited by some woman (2018-09-02 16:54:29)

some woman

The complete Binding of Isaac: Rebirth bundle. Rebirth and its expansions compose a roguelike kind of game with insane mix-n-match item synergies. The plot itself seems like an excuse for the action to happen, but the lore unveils itself after the first ten runs or so. If you're familiar with Afterbirth+ being described as dull and unfair, it's gotten much better since the Steam reviews for it were closed, with heaps of balance patches and content additions. Note that there is another DLC coming out sooner or later (but with no set release date), so you might save a few bucks on the bundle if you play the waiting game.

Celeste is an indie platformer designed by a man who's been involved with indie platformers for fourteen years - namely Matt Thorson, who some people here might know for An Untitled Story. Unlike his other games, Celeste is focused around being convenient and accessible for speedrunners, as well as being much more refined in general. The art and plot don't fail to deliver either, and although the plot only lasts for the main 8 levels, it's well-written enough to be fully memorable.

^ Try to take these at more than just face value, it seems like whenever I try to recommend a game it just comes out as generic marketing fluff.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#19 2018-09-02 17:05:01

Gosha

Celeste - one of the best games of all time.
Cuphead - hardcode, but not bad
Firewatch - Totally awesome
Game dev tycoon - pls no comments, these are all great
Overload Raising hell <3
Papes please <3
Portal 2 <3
The Stanley Parable -> The Beginner's Guide best. Amazing games, 2nd's atmosphere is glorious
Stardew valley

#20 2018-09-02 17:48:02

peace

i think this game is also on steam not sure but i pplay the free demo on kong and is a nice game but is called aground and its basically a huge survivle game you can check the free demo on kogn first if youre not sure the cutscene starst that you starnd on an island basically all alone and you firstly gatehr wood for a hut then you meet new people like a builder farmer hunter magic guy ect

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#21 2018-09-03 18:30:16

Freckleface

Celeste - Read above
A Hat in Time - Great 3d platformer/collectathon with mod support
Enter the Gungeon - Rougelike with many items referencing pop culture
Dead Cells - dark souls if it were 2d
Binding of isaac (Rebirth) - Rougelike with many synergies to play around with
Starbound - Space terraria with easy modding support and mechs (!!!)
The Witness - Challenging pizzle game involving drawing lines on boards. Also has great atmosphere and is very calming.

But it all depends on what you like. So our suggestions are moot.

Also theres this terrible game called Everybody Edits, you should stay away from that.

F

#22 2018-09-04 00:00:30

GreenyMix
Formerly Snivy2014

fortnite 2 bcs you can have the bird bee with reggie

#23 2018-09-04 02:35:56

HeyNK

Zoey2070 wrote:

starbound - sci-fi space terraria

This game is actually trash and I regret paying money for it. It's only good if you mod it with Frackin Universe, and even then, that mod adds way too much content for the base game and so you can spend hours discovering a bunch of obselete tech that you just straight up don't have the time for.

#24 2018-09-07 08:33:04

Yu

Nier: Automata

#25 2018-09-07 16:24:16

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

Superbrothers Sword And Sworcery

long image

the art of this game is incredible, also good puzzles.

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Norwee1536393983723673

Board footer