Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

logon

I think saving should be beta only

Ive always thought the game would be worse if everyone could save
I know lots of u will RAGE:mad: at me

Reasons why
it will waste more of chris' internet
tonnes of pointless saved maps (people will have more than one using hacking ways or multiple computers)

EDIT: I think beta should stay at $9.96 US aswell

Last edited by logon (Sep 10 2010 5:22:41 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Draken09

Re: I think saving should be beta only

I definitely agree with that last one. But really, he's right, there are limits to memory mainly, but we don't want that many levels with stars, and lastly, it's what keeps people coming to beta- which is necessary if this game is to keep going.

#3 Before February 2015

Zap

Yeah, even now there are too many name changes, and too many crappy maps.

#4 Before February 2015

Pinkgraco

Yeah I agree, I just got Beta today and it's pretty awesome. Only then did I realize that it would make it really bad if people could save outside of Beta.

#5 Before February 2015

Zap

That reminds me:

No Beta: GIVE US Features!

Beta: NO FEATURES for Everyone!

:rolleyes::P

#6 Before February 2015

logon

Im suprised no-ones raged at this

#7 Before February 2015

Alex

I doubt the server could handle the load on saved rooms for everyone. If the game had more ads(like in game ones, which no one wants) then it might be possible for everyone to have a saved level but I doubt regular users, and even more so beta users would be happy with that.

#8 Before February 2015

Zap

Hey logon where ya been.

#9 Before February 2015

logon

Been making maps
Coin hunt v5 and
Team traps
BOTH SAVED XD

#10 Before February 2015

Zap

Awesome. I need a prepaid credit card right about now.

#11 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

If anything the price will drop but not be to a point where it will be free.

#12 Before February 2015

Tannn3r

Although I paid $5, I think anything above that is too much. Especially because you are testing the new things and you hit all if the bugs. Like how you skip blocks when dragging, etc.

#13 Before February 2015

Red

Wikipedia says:

Beta

"Beta" is the software development phase following alpha, named after the Greek letter beta. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release.

The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software, willing to test the software for free or for a reduced price.

Beta version software is likely to be useful for internal demonstrations and previews to select customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, a prototype, a technical preview (TP) or as an early access.

#14 Before February 2015

njutbart

logon wrote:

This isn't really a gameplay issue. It might or might not be a problem for chris logistically, but it doesn't affect how we experience the game. As long as the server can handle the strain, it has no negative impact.

tonnes of pointless saved maps (people will have more than one using hacking ways or multiple computers)

More pointless ones, but also more good ones. I can simply choose to not play the bad maps.

#15 Before February 2015

capasha

Zap wrote:

Yeah, even now there are too many name changes, and too many crappy maps.

It's has always been crap maps, and it will come more.
It's because EE is more formed for children. And children loves to destroy things and make crap maps.

I only buy beta to get the save slot, i thought it gonna be more but maybe it will never come.
Text popups is a more todo. So the children can make more fun inside their maps. Coins, Text popups.
Next will maybe be music so the children can have really fun. Or why not, more coins with other sounds.

#16 Before February 2015

Skater_X

i used to like EE but there are 2 reasons i think it just died and i probably will never really play it again:

1. chris made it so you have to pay if you want to save. i just can't make anymore maps on EE. because whenever i make them, they might be not popular and just die on their own or i get lots of people and it crashes making me lose all of my work. yes i see why you don't think everyone should be able to save but without being able to save i see no meaning to playing EE.

2: there are NO good maps anymore. about all of them are minigame levels or a level very similar to a minigame level. even the mario levels that come along; they are made poorly. it seems that out of all of the maps up in one day, there is only about 2 good ones. what i consider a 'good' EE map is a map that is not a minigame map. such as an adventure one like the ones EX crew made or the mario ones. there are also other ideas that are somewhat good but that is all i have to say as the 'good' map

#17 Before February 2015

rdococ

logon wrote:

Ive always thought the game would be worse if everyone could save
I know lots of u will RAGE:mad: at me

Reasons why

EDIT: I think beta should stay at $9.96 US aswell

I defently agree with you. ( actually )

EDIT: I have beta! Yayo!

Last edited by rdococ (Nov 19 2010 11:31:25 am)

#18 Before February 2015

Advancé

well here is a way to solve, like or dislike the map. so if its crappy people press dislike, and if it was good they press like

#19 Before February 2015

Avalkiz

This will open new way for trollers who would press "dislike" even if they actually like it.

#20 Before February 2015

Tree

I agree with your idea, because if everybody can save, that will make beta not as much worth getting, because most people get beta to save levels.

#21 Before February 2015

Tree

And yes, beta should stay the same price. If they are thinking about changing the price of beta, I would recommend making beta acually more money

#22 Before February 2015

PhillipAC

I completely agree with saved levels being Pro only. Since we don't want in game ads it gives incentive to support the game. On the side topic a saved game should be able to be rated, that way you can easily see what people think of the game, right now it is just how many people are in a level, and honestly who hasn't placed clones in your level?

logon 1423856215105217

Board footer