Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#176 2018-09-28 05:33:55

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Re: [THE WINNER!] OFFICIAL Everybody Edits Tournament Results!

Introduction wrote:

when you see azurepudding and lots of quotes in the thread you know what's going on //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Not funny...
Also good luck the remaining people!

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#177 2018-09-28 09:17:31

Luka504

Azurepudding wrote:

I said they can be used to help determine.  There are some exceptions of course, but it seems most of the time liked levels are.. liked, less liked levels are less liked.

The original point you brought up was that your world had more likes and had a better like/play ratio, so since more people liked your world you implied that it makes it automatically better.
Now that we're on the same page about the fact that this isn't always true, I think your world is an exception too. All 5 judges voted against you, which is a clear indication that they believe that /quote's world is better, despite the fact that it has weaker statistics.

Azurepudding wrote:

Then there was no need to call me out on guest bombing, as that has a negative connotation and is an accusation.  It was not "worth a mention."  Calling me out on guest "BOMBING" is misleading as there were only two guests.  It's like calling a bump in the road a mountain.  I mean, I guess that's correct, but it's misleading to call it that, right?

If you haven't noticed I have somewhat conceded to the like/play ratio but I still think it's accurate most of the time.

Yes there was. You said that you sat in your opponent's world because you're not unfair, but if you only guest-bombed your own world, that is also unfair.
Sure, you could argue that you only had 2 guests, but as I've said before, using 2 guests with 20 players online in the lobby is proportionally identical to using 20 guests with 200 players online. And considering EE's current status, it hits closer to 20 players than 200 almost on a regular basis.
This was very much worth mentioning.

Azurepudding wrote:

Speaking of repeating things, I already answered this in the very post you are responding to.

And.. yeah, you do.  It's gotten to the point where it's becoming/almost becoming a meme.  Here you are bursting in to disagree with me, yeah.  It happens a lot.

No, not really. You have said some things I agree with and some things I disagreed with, and thus I called you out on the things I found to be suspicious and worrisome.
You still haven't said anything about the things I did disagree about.

Also wow, out of all the things you could have done you just had to paint me as a villian of the story. That is actually pretty hilarious.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#178 2018-09-28 10:15:23, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-28 10:21:17)

azurepudding

Luka504 wrote:
Azurepudding wrote:

I said they can be used to help determine.  There are some exceptions of course, but it seems most of the time liked levels are.. liked, less liked levels are less liked.

The original point you brought up was that your world had more likes and had a better like/play ratio, so since more people liked your world you implied that it makes it automatically better.
Now that we're on the same page about the fact that this isn't always true, I think your world is an exception too. All 5 judges voted against you, which is a clear indication that they believe that /quote's world is better, despite the fact that it has weaker statistics.

I saw lots of praise on my world with lots of dissatisfaction on end quote's world.  Opinions are subjective, but there seemed to be far more enjoyment on one world over the other.  People have their preferences, some like easier, some like harder, and most people seem to like easier than harder, and that's why my world received more praise. 

You as an individual seem to have the subjective opinion that end quote's world was better.  Pick any other individual, and they too might have the same subjective opinion.  Find another.. and their subjective opinion might favor my world.  However, in the rules it does say the judges will try to be "as objective as possible," and I believe it's objective that more people enjoyed my world.  I could show you screencaps of the immense dissatisfaction some players had with end quote's world, but I think it might be too inappropriate to share here.  As I was there idling, I was able to see quite a lot of it.  As for my world, I.. don't recall anyone hating my world at all.  Don't know what else to tell you there.

You made some like:play comparisons with worlds with vastly different play counts which can be somewhat misleading, but our two worlds, minus the 200 plays end quote gathered during boxed spawn building phase, have roughly the same amount of plays, but my world has almost triple the likes and double the favorites.  This isn't an extreme case of a 20 plays world to a 40,000 play world- no, they both have like 300 plays.  This hardly seems like an exception.. or anomaly.  Also wasn't the Square made before Likes were a thing, so that plenty of those plays couldn't even give a like? :thonk:

Luka504 wrote:
Azurepudding wrote:

Then there was no need to call me out on guest bombing, as that has a negative connotation and is an accusation.  It was not "worth a mention."  Calling me out on guest "BOMBING" is misleading as there were only two guests.  It's like calling a bump in the road a mountain.  I mean, I guess that's correct, but it's misleading to call it that, right?

If you haven't noticed I have somewhat conceded to the like/play ratio but I still think it's accurate most of the time.

Yes there was. You said that you sat in your opponent's world because you're not unfair, but if you only guest-bombed your own world, that is also unfair.
Sure, you could argue that you only had 2 guests, but as I've said before, using 2 guests with 20 players online in the lobby is proportionally identical to using 20 guests with 200 players online. And considering EE's current status, it hits closer to 20 players than 200 almost on a regular basis.
This was very much worth mentioning.

They could have sat in their own world as well.  They have two active players, which would have raised the online count to 3, but they chose not to.  Me being there with no guests is more than fair enough.

When you have 200 active players, there's typically plenty of worlds with 1-3 users in them, with a few even higher.  Same when the total online count is 20, so either way my world would have have risen around the halfway mark.  It just seems much more significant now because we barely have enough online worlds to create a scroll bar. 

But man, you're really pushing this trivial technicality.  You really wanna argue over anything, don'tcha?  You don't really seem to have a point here, perhaps you should drop this one and work on the others.

Luka504 wrote:
Azurepudding wrote:

Speaking of repeating things, I already answered this in the very post you are responding to.

And.. yeah, you do.  It's gotten to the point where it's becoming/almost becoming a meme.  Here you are bursting in to disagree with me, yeah.  It happens a lot.

No, not really. You have said some things I agree with and some things I disagreed with, and thus I called you out on the things I found to be suspicious and worrisome.
You still haven't said anything about the things I did disagree about.

Also wow, out of all the things you could have done you just had to paint me as a villian of the story. That is actually pretty hilarious.

And now you disagree about me claiming you disagree with me a lot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

This is tiresome.  You're finding it hilarious for whatever reason, but arguing like this isn't a sport for me.  Could you maybe just stop and back off for once, you're arguing trivial things now.  Snoooore.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#179 2018-09-28 19:11:35

Luka504

Azurepudding wrote:

I saw lots of praise on my world with lots of dissatisfaction on end quote's world.  Opinions are subjective, but there seemed to be far more enjoyment on one world over the other.  People have their preferences, some like easier, some like harder, and most people seem to like easier than harder, and that's why my world received more praise.

The reason people didn't like /quote's world was because they were stuck on the first part of the world and had no idea what they needed to do. The minigames themselves are incredibly easy to do, the tricky part comes from seeing when and how you should do them. It's likely that if more people had put more thought and effort into solving the world, they would like their world more than yours. Of course that's just a "if", as there's no guaranteed way to know, however I believe that this is more of an issue with the players rather than the world itself.

Azurepudding wrote:

However, in the rules it does say the judges will try to be "as objective as possible," and I believe it's objective that more people enjoyed my world.

Nice word manipulation.

Azurepudding wrote:

You made some like:play comparisons with worlds with vastly different play counts which can be somewhat misleading, but our two worlds, minus the 200 plays end quote gathered during boxed spawn building phase, have roughly the same amount of plays, but my world has almost triple the likes and double the favorites.  This isn't an extreme case of a 20 plays world to a 40,000 play world- no, they both have like 300 plays.  This hardly seems like an exception.. or anomaly.  Also wasn't the Square made before Likes were a thing, so that plenty of those plays couldn't even give a like? :thonk:

The examples I've given were extreme, yes, however I only used them as they were the most telling examples that I found. If you truly wish for a down-to-Earth examplee, I'll be happy to oblige.
For example, I found a hotel world with about 110 likes for about 700 plays, then I picked my world Polar Opposites which has about 720 plays and only 90 likes. The like count and like/play ratios are almost identical, even though my world is better. (Humblebrag)

Azurepudding wrote:

They could have sat in their own world as well.  They have two active players, which would have raised the online count to 3, but they chose not to.  Me being there with no guests is more than fair enough.

When you have 200 active players, there's typically plenty of worlds with 1-3 users in them, with a few even higher.  Same when the total online count is 20, so either way my world would have have risen around the halfway mark.  It just seems much more significant now because we barely have enough online worlds to create a scroll bar.

But man, you're really pushing this trivial technicality.  You really wanna argue over anything, don'tcha?  You don't really seem to have a point here, perhaps you should drop this one and work on the others.

They could have, but why would they? Nonetheless, you can't blame them for this, if you truly wanted to be fair you would have either not guest-bombed your own world or guest-bombed theirs too.

Also, nope. As you can see, there's plenty of worlds with more than 3 people in it. It has about 300 players online, and if you looked at the proportions again, then you'd need 30 guests with 300 online to match the power of 2 guests in 20 online.

I'm still hesitant to drop this point. I don't consider it to be as trivial as you make it out to be.

Azurepudding wrote:

And now you disagree about me claiming you disagree with me a lot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

This is tiresome.  You're finding it hilarious for whatever reason, but arguing like this isn't a sport for me.  Could you maybe just stop and back off for once, you're arguing trivial things now.  Snoooore.

...Uh... I did?

I don't find this entire thing hilarious, I just find the fact that you're trying to portray me as an evil villian who spends his days watching the forums to disagree with you just for the sake of disagreeing with you. That's the part I find amusing.

Also, why don't you trying backing off? If you find this tiresome and trivial, you're free to stop posting about it.

Wooted by: (2)

#180 2018-09-28 19:41:11, last edited by Kira (2018-09-28 19:41:23)

Kira

TaskManager wrote:

damn you guys lol
literally every single time azure posts an opinion in a thread
0u6x3fn.png

Wooted by: (3)

#181 2018-09-28 20:43:08

azurepudding

Luka504 wrote:
Azurepudding wrote:

The reason people didn't like /quote's world was because they were stuck on the first part of the world and had no idea what they needed to do. The minigames themselves are incredibly easy to do, the tricky part comes from seeing when and how you should do them. It's likely that if more people had put more thought and effort into solving the world, they would like their world more than yours. Of course that's just a "if", as there's no guaranteed way to know, however I believe that this is more of an issue with the players rather than the world itself.

Yeah, a big IF.  Nothing but speculation.

Luka504 wrote:
Azurepudding wrote:

However, in the rules it does say the judges will try to be "as objective as possible," and I believe it's objective that more people enjoyed my world.

Nice word manipulation.

I'm just using proper word definitions man.

Luka504 wrote:
Azurepudding wrote:

The examples I've given were extreme, yes, however I only used them as they were the most telling examples that I found. If you truly wish for a down-to-Earth examplee, I'll be happy to oblige.
For example, I found a hotel world with about 110 likes for about 700 plays, then I picked my world Polar Opposites which has about 720 plays and only 90 likes. The like count and like/play ratios are almost identical, even though my world is better. (Humblebrag)

Who knows, maybe the hotel world is better.

Luka504 wrote:
Azurepudding wrote:

They could have, but why would they? Nonetheless, you can't blame them for this, if you truly wanted to be fair you would have either not guest-bombed your own world or guest-bombed theirs too.

Also, nope. As you can see, there's plenty of worlds with more than 3 people in it. It has about 300 players online, and if you looked at the proportions again, then you'd need 30 guests with 300 online to match the power of 2 guests in 20 online.

I'm still hesitant to drop this point. I don't consider it to be as trivial as you make it out to be.

When I "guest bombed" my world, I went with an amount fitting at the time that'd get my world noticed, but not obnoxiously put it above everything else.  Lately we've been having many worlds with 1-3 players with the top 5 or so worlds having more.  Also given that the total online worlds is around 15-25, this would bring my world anywhere between 8th to 15th.  I don't think that math converts exactly as you think it does, as there's more variables than just total online count, but also how many worlds are online, and the online player density per world.  There could be 100 players online, each within a unique world, where having 2 guests in my world would bring my world to the very top.  Having 2 guests could have more power with more online users than less.  More variables than just online count.

Luka504 wrote:
Azurepudding wrote:

...Uh... I did?

I don't find this entire thing hilarious, I just find the fact that you're trying to portray me as an evil villian who spends his days watching the forums to disagree with you just for the sake of disagreeing with you. That's the part I find amusing.

Also, why don't you trying backing off? If you find this tiresome and trivial, you're free to stop posting about it.

You're the only one continuously referring to yourself as some kind of villain.  I came here to post and you outed me, so yeah it's you who decided to get on my back, and it should be you who should back off.  not me.  Speaking of how it's "my fault" for my feelings on the contest, let me turn that on you- you arguing here with me is also your fault, as it too is "your decision."

This is becoming such a pain.  I think you need a different hobby.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#182 2018-09-28 20:46:58

Kirby

results.

results wrote:
results wrote:

results?

results results

Results. Results results??? results...

results wrote:

RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS

results. results results.

Results results, results results.

Wooted by: (2)

#183 2018-09-28 20:47:34

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

oh NO how DID i LOSE????? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#184 2018-09-28 22:20:11

Luka504

Azurepudding wrote:

Yeah, a big IF.  Nothing but speculation.

True, it is just a theory, however considering that all 5 judges voted against you, I'd say my theory is still fairly plausible, even likely. However, yes, there is no way to know for certain.

Azurepudding wrote:

I'm just using proper word definitions man.

You know precisely what the judges meant when they said that they'll objectively judge each world. Stop trying to spin around their words to make it seem like they said something they never said.

Azurepudding wrote:

Who knows, maybe the hotel world is better.

Is... A-Are you kidding me? You're so determined to not admit you're wrong here that you're even willing to say something stupid like that?

Azurepudding wrote:

When I "guest bombed" my world, I went with an amount fitting at the time that'd get my world noticed, but not obnoxiously put it above everything else.  Lately we've been having many worlds with 1-3 players with the top 5 or so worlds having more.  Also given that the total online worlds is around 15-25, this would bring my world anywhere between 8th to 15th.  I don't think that math converts exactly as you think it does, as there's more variables than just total online count, but also how many worlds are online, and the online player density per world.  There could be 100 players online, each within a unique world, where having 2 guests in my world would bring my world to the very top.  Having 2 guests could have more power with more online users than less.  More variables than just online count.

It is true that different factors exist, however that doesn't mean much considering how these variables don't change too much depending on player count. I have never seen 100 players peppered evenly throughout the worlds, it's always been like this: High Density - Medium Density - Low Density, thus only using 2 guests wouldn't help you very much in this situation.
The only time two guests would be useful is when there's an extreme drought of players, like 15 or 20 players online at a time. Even then you can see a gradual decrease in player count, from 3 players to 1 player per world, the problem is that it's such a small difference that it's treated as insignificant, but it is still there.
Variables don't change much.

Azurepudding wrote:

You're the only one continuously referring to yourself as some kind of villain.  I came here to post and you outed me, so yeah it's you who decided to get on my back, and it should be you who should back off.  not me.  Speaking of how it's "my fault" for my feelings on the contest, let me turn that on you- you arguing here with me is also your fault, as it too is "your decision."

This is becoming such a pain.  I think you need a different hobby.

You came here to post about how your world had more likes thus it should have won the round, then I tried to explain to you why that sort of thinking is stupid, then after NorwegianBoy told you you were beating a dead horse, you went on a tangent about how you spent 15 hours on your world and lost sleep, all in an attempt to make the contest seem worse. The contest is trash, I agree, but as I've said earlier, you have no right to accuse the contest for your own personal problems.

And no, I won't back down, simply for I have no reason to. You're the one who started the entire discussion we've had, you should be the one who should end it. You've also mentioned how this is tiring and annoying for you, and if it is then maybe you should simply stop partaking in it. It honestly feels like you're only responding just so that I'd stop first, so you can "win" this debacle.
Oh and yes, me choosing to argue with you here has been my choice. But may I ask what you wish to prove with this?

Also, you've spent as much time arguing as I have, if you're going to tell me to find a new hobby, you're going to need to find another one too.

Wooted by:

#185 2018-09-28 23:31:50

Pingohits
Banned

No keep arguing

791mAP8.png

#186 2018-09-28 23:32:08, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-28 23:38:12)

azurepudding

Luka504 wrote:

I agree

speculation is speculation

definitions are definitions

hotel worlds aren't inherently bad- any world isn't by default better than any hotel world, including your own

my world never reached the top with two guests and i don't know why two guests triggers you so

i came here to be upset because i'm not a robot, you say the contest is trash but attack me for being upset with it.  one reason you gave was it started up when school was too, meaning time was an issue, and my main issue with it was time constraints.  so yes you are making 0 sense.

0u6x3fn.png

it's hard for me to back off when you argue with me about almost literally anything.  you're the only one who consistently does this.

Azure2.png

#187 2018-09-29 11:04:16

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Wow... Wack! No gg team... how we loose?? Ours was lit...

#188 2018-09-29 11:21:20

Luka504

At this point you're just repeating yourself Azure, but considering how little effort you've placed into that post it's clear that you've given up on this discussion. If you're that dead-set on being the last one to post because you don't want to end the discussion you started, then fine, I'll back out.
Also, don't use that meme, it was hilarious the first time I saw it, but now it's lost that initial punch it had.

#189 2018-09-29 11:39:06

Minimania
Moderation Team

At least there's (some) actual substance to these arguments, and not just people throwing fists at each other.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#190 2018-09-29 14:37:32

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Azure and Luka argued too much.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#191 2018-09-29 20:01:53, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-29 20:06:44)

azurepudding

Luka504 wrote:

At this point you're just repeating yourself Azure, but considering how little effort you've placed into that post it's clear that you've given up on this discussion. If you're that dead-set on being the last one to post because you don't want to end the discussion you started, then fine, I'll back out.
Also, don't use that meme, it was hilarious the first time I saw it, but now it's lost that initial punch it had.

I only repeat when you mention something that I directly countered in the very post you respond to.  I've been putting less and less effort here because this has become ridiculously tiresome of you reverse-countering my points, leaving me having to repeat my points because you didn't counter them, and then fault me for repeating.  That's unfair debate.  And when I DO bring up a new point, you conveniently skip over it (the one about you agreeing, yet simultaneously disagreeing, with time restraints there).  I don't look forward to your walls of text when all I give is a few sentences.  I think this argument means way too much to you.  And yes, I'm both tired of this and even if I had the energy, you keep arguing in reverse, and that gets us no where.

And don't blame me for "getting the last word in" when you do the same thing.

Seeing that you "disagree" with things you had previously agreed with prior:

0u6x3fn.png

This meme is perfect for you.  We're both strongly-opinionated people, but for some reason you have this compulsion to disagree with me on things you had agreed upon before my mention.  Seeing you disagree for the sake of disagreeing, this argument sucks.

Azure2.png

#192 2018-10-04 02:39:07

Tiralmo

SmittyW wrote:
Tiralmo wrote:
RavaTroll wrote:

I did not write reviews but I can explain why I picked worlds. You can ask me in PMs - with a link of your team and world if possible.

I'm also not writing full reviews for all levels/matchups, but I'd be glad to explain any of my decisions. Just reach out to me however you feel comfortable (publicly on forums, ingame, via PM here, etc.)!

Requesting reviews for Winners 5 of "2 french 1 cup" vs "beeef brocoli" if there isn't one

Sorry Smitty, I missed this message when it was posted and just had it pointed out to me today. Here are my thoughts on Beeef vs 2 french:

Beeef Brocoli
2 french 1 cup
My Vote
Later Thoughts

Wooted by:

#193 2018-10-04 03:46:22

Joeyc

i hope beeeeeef brocoliiii wins :v)

Wooted by:

#194 2018-10-04 22:17:38

Kirby

results

final 3!

#195 2018-10-04 22:26:36

Wizard2002

Well I gotta say, I'm pretty upset that all that time and effort was for some useless energy and gems. Though I think the real prize for me is to just get out of this time consuming life draining tournament...

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#196 2018-10-05 08:02:43, last edited by azurepudding (2018-10-05 08:04:44)

azurepudding

Wizard2002 wrote:

Well I gotta say, I'm pretty upset that all that time and effort was for some useless energy and gems. Though I think the real prize for me is to just get out of this time consuming life draining tournament...

This tournament is very cruel and unfair- I've only been part of two contests, but I think this is probably the worst one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

It would be nice if we could have our max energy rewards replaced with gems, as those have more value at least.  Once you have like 600+ max energy, any more is useless if you log in every day.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Could we also have some bonus prizes, like best map out of the entire contest gets something?  And one for most creative?  Stuff like that?  I don't expect to win any of those, but I hate seeing deserving teams get practically nothing after so much hard work and effort.  It's discouraging as hell to build when all this work goes for nothing..

Azure2.png

#197 2018-10-05 14:34:13

peace

azurepudding wrote:
Wizard2002 wrote:

This tournament is very cruel and unfair- I've only been part of two contests, but I think this is probably the worst one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

It would be nice if we could have our max energy rewards replaced with gems, as those have more value at least.  Once you have like 600+ max energy, any more is useless if you log in every day.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Could we also have some bonus prizes, like best map out of the entire contest gets something?  And one for most creative?  Stuff like that?  I don't expect to win any of those, but I hate seeing deserving teams get practically nothing after so much hard work and effort.  It's discouraging as hell to build when all this work goes for nothing..

yeah staff will konw what world was most creative after seeing hundreds of worlds great idea *clap*

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#198 2018-10-05 16:03:51, last edited by azurepudding (2018-10-05 16:04:41)

azurepudding

peace wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Wizard2002 wrote:

yeah staff will konw what world was most creative after seeing hundreds of worlds great idea *clap*

And they've been scoring them, haven't they? that's the whole point of judging.  if they are to judge, then how would they be unable to judge the most creative world and such?

wait nvm.. you were in agreement actually.

Azure2.png

#199 2018-10-05 17:22:50

peace

azurepudding wrote:
peace wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Wizard2002 wrote:

And they've been scoring them, haven't they? that's the whole point of judging.  if they are to judge, then how would they be unable to judge the most creative world and such?

wait nvm.. you were in agreement actually.

yeah youre right btu what fi they rate 20% of the worlds with 10/10 creativity lol

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#200 2018-10-05 18:28:11

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

azure debates with peace is this the next level

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (4)
Minimania1540240329728900

Board footer