Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-20 07:37:53

Anatoly

Secret Doors and Gates

wTnkxpZ.png

1: Secret Reset Point - Resets all your secret touches, but won't reset coins/deaths/etc.
2: Secret Switch (visible always), disabled - The disabled touch state for a secret switch.
3: Secret Switch (visible always), enabled - The enabled touch state for a secret switch.
4: Secret Gate (looks like this in god mode) -  If a user has no switch enabled, than on this place he won't see a block. If the switch with the corresponding id is enabled, he'll see purely black block here, and won' be able to
    go there.
5: Secret Door (looks like this in god mode) - If a user has no switch enabled, he'll see a purely black block here. If a user has the switch with the corresponding id enabled, he'll see nothing here. (or the background) Then
    you can go trough

Another version of vision blocker which is easier to implement.

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2018-08-20 10:02:44

LukeM
Website

Re: Secret Doors and Gates

1. What would you need this for? Surely once a player has touched a secret block theres no point removing it as they've already seen it?
2. & 3. 'Visible always'? What would be the point of having a secret switch then if you could always see it?
4. & 5. I personally think this would be quite good (especially if you could change the block thats shown), but, as you probably already know, theres already a lot of controversy about secret blocks and whether they should be a thing...

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2018-08-20 11:51:24

Anatoly

LukeM wrote:

1. What would you need this for? Surely once a player has touched a secret block theres no point removing it as they've already seen it?
2. & 3. 'Visible always'? What would be the point of having a secret switch then if you could always see it?
4. & 5. I personally think this would be quite good (especially if you could change the block thats shown), but, as you probably already know, theres already a lot of controversy about secret blocks and whether they should be a thing...

1) As players wouldn't be able to remember all details it would make more sense then you can think. not trying to be rude, if it sounds so, but people usually won't remember all the details.

2+3) It's a switch that changes the switched state of the doors/gates. If it necessarily should be hidden you could use portals for it.

4+5) If you really say that secret should not be a thing then id like to see how the "Altered Reality" campaign gets dissolved.

#4 2018-08-20 12:14:16

LukeM
Website

Anatoly wrote:
LukeM wrote:

1) As players wouldn't be able to remember all details it would make more sense then you can think. not trying to be rude, if it sounds so, but people usually won't remember all the details.

2+3) It's a switch that changes the switched state of the doors/gates. If it necessarily should be hidden you could use portals for it.

4+5) If you really say that secret should not be a thing then id like to see how the "Altered Reality" campaign gets dissolved.

1. That just sounds like you're trying to be annoying though... "Haha! I know you've already done this annoying secret minigame once, but I'm going to reset your secrets so you have to do it again!"

2. & 3. So you're saying that normal switches wouldn't work with secret doors / gates, and you'd have to use this special secret switch which isn't actually secret? It sounds like it would be much easier to just use normal switches, and if there was a secret switch added then it should actually be a secret block (similar to how portals work).

4. & 5. Personally I'm fine with secret blocks, imo if secrets are used anoyingly the blame is solely on the person that used them badly, not on the actual blocks for being easy to misuse. A lot of other people seem to disagree though (not sure about the rest of the staff...)

Wooted by: (4)

#5 2018-08-30 17:51:31

bluelover

1. to anatoly: couldnt you just like  take some pictures

#6 2018-09-01 03:45:28

jozash

i really like the idea you got i could use this in my worlds. it would be nice if you could toggle it being permanently invisible or one where if you touch it you can see it now:):)

#7 2018-09-01 09:58:16

peace

lets make the siwtches invisible until touched atleast once doors gates invis and shows a block of choice until touched

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1535792296722672

Board footer