Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#51 2018-08-20 16:48:34

Jorc
Member
From: Petoria
Joined: 2016-03-20
Posts: 1,310

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I don't know but how people can even find a game which has a long name, also RealMaster42's new EE remake also had the word UNIVERSE (or something similar) to it.

Block Universe vs EE universe strikes again

Offline

Wooted by:

#52 2018-08-20 18:32:41, last edited by Zoey2070 (2018-08-20 18:35:54)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team
From: Shakuras
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,319

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I don't know but how people can even find a game which has a long name

"Everybody Edits Universe" is not that long of a name...

Especially when compared to Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Rise And Fall which has four words for the main title and 3 for the subtitle, but five if you disclude the sid meier part.

I'm sure once we get a lil bit of SEO you'll be able to google ridiculous things and still get the game like I did with "civ 6 raf" or even "everyone edit game"

We spent a lot of time trying to find a decent name that fits EE thematically and still makes it obvious that the game is Everybody Edits, if you have any suggestions for the name feel free to give them. it's not exactly "lazy" to try to find

  1. a name that fits

  2. a name that abbreviates well

  3. a name that has domains available and isn't already taken.

Naming a game is something that requires a lot of thought and work, and this wasn't a decision taken lightly in the least. I'm not even sure how one can be considered "lazy" when creating a name. Even if you went the randomization route and opened a book and pointed at a word, that's still effort being put into the randomization and deciding on what book to use etc.


tl;dr: "everybody edits universe", which, again, fits thematically with the term "worlds", is in no way a lazy name, and I have no idea what you would have considered a better name.


proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂
danke bluecloud thank u raphecOtX1wh.gif rest in peace my dear lil crab teague. and fitzpatrick. i loved you a lot
🌈 Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Offline

#53 2018-08-20 20:16:27

Tomahawk
Forum Mod
From: BiH
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 2,083

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

But what will happen to the EEU after Brexit?


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Offline

Wooted by:

#54 2018-08-20 21:59:21

Trytu
Member
From: Poland
Joined: 2017-12-10
Posts: 574

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

Just rename it from EE (2.0) to EE (3.0)
that mean name won't change, but officially it's next big step
from the other side, in new EE, maps won't transfer, so it's more new than EE (1.0) to EE (2.0)
huh... i hope someone'll add special tool to transfer our world in some way (for example without some blocks)


4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#55 2018-08-21 16:48:55

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,418

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

Yea EE 3.0 might be better xDD

Offline

#56 2018-08-21 17:34:35, last edited by Crybaby (2018-08-21 17:34:49)

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,216

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

Trytu wrote:

Just rename it from EE (2.0) to EE (3.0)
that mean name won't change, but officially it's next big step
from the other side, in new EE, maps won't transfer, so it's more new than EE (1.0) to EE (2.0)
huh... i hope someone'll add special tool to transfer our world in some way (for example without some blocks)

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Yea EE 3.0 might be better xDD

I wholeheartedly disagree, I like the way Everybody Edits Universe sounds, and I think it sounds better. It makes thematic sense and ties in well with some of the official terms (i.e Worlds)


unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

Wooted by:

#57 2018-08-21 18:47:35

Jorc
Member
From: Petoria
Joined: 2016-03-20
Posts: 1,310

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

minimania wrote:
Trytu wrote:

Just rename it from EE (2.0) to EE (3.0)
that mean name won't change, but officially it's next big step
from the other side, in new EE, maps won't transfer, so it's more new than EE (1.0) to EE (2.0)
huh... i hope someone'll add special tool to transfer our world in some way (for example without some blocks)

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Yea EE 3.0 might be better xDD

I wholeheartedly disagree, I like the way Everybody Edits Universe sounds, and I think it sounds better. It makes thematic sense and ties in well with some of the official terms (i.e Worlds)

i disagree from what u said, ee 3.0 is  better than ee universe

Offline

#58 2018-08-21 18:52:06

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,216

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

EEJoranasc wrote:
minimania wrote:
Trytu wrote:

Just rename it from EE (2.0) to EE (3.0)
that mean name won't change, but officially it's next big step
from the other side, in new EE, maps won't transfer, so it's more new than EE (1.0) to EE (2.0)
huh... i hope someone'll add special tool to transfer our world in some way (for example without some blocks)

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Yea EE 3.0 might be better xDD

I wholeheartedly disagree, I like the way Everybody Edits Universe sounds, and I think it sounds better. It makes thematic sense and ties in well with some of the official terms (i.e Worlds)

i disagree from what u said, ee 3.0 is  better than ee universe

Okay but why do you think it's better?


unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

#59 2018-08-21 18:53:43, last edited by LukeM (2018-08-21 18:54:23)

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,810
Website

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

EEJoranasc wrote:
minimania wrote:

i disagree from what u said, ee 3.0 is  better than ee universe

One of the main reasons we're changing it is that there is a certain company also called EE, and they happen to be pretty well known, so there's no chance for us to ever be in the top page when you google EE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue So whatever you think of the actual name, it's better practically than EE

Offline

Wooted by:

#60 2018-08-21 19:18:28

Trytu
Member
From: Poland
Joined: 2017-12-10
Posts: 574

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

LukeM wrote:

One of the main reasons we're changing it is that there is a certain company also called EE, and they happen to be pretty well known, so there's no chance for us to ever be in the top page when you google EE  So whatever you think of the actual name, it's better practically than EE

so let's google EE universe:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNtJKq … z_iXgphrtA


4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Offline

#61 2018-08-21 19:20:12

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,216

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

Trytu wrote:
LukeM wrote:

One of the main reasons we're changing it is that there is a certain company also called EE, and they happen to be pretty well known, so there's no chance for us to ever be in the top page when you google EE  So whatever you think of the actual name, it's better practically than EE

so let's google EE universe:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNtJKq … z_iXgphrtA

Two videos, the more watched one has 136 views. EE has more daily players than that video has views. I think it's safe to say we're getting the top of the page.


unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

#62 2018-08-21 20:17:15

Zoey2070
Moderation Team
From: Shakuras
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,319

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

EE 3.0 heavily implies there's at least a second version instead of just using version numbers as a gimmick. People will wonder where EE1 or 2 are when all these is would be just the flash version and the HTML5 version.

If anything, EE 3.0 is the "lazy name" here.


proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂
danke bluecloud thank u raphecOtX1wh.gif rest in peace my dear lil crab teague. and fitzpatrick. i loved you a lot
🌈 Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#63 2018-08-21 20:42:05

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,631

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

LukeM wrote:
EEJoranasc wrote:
minimania wrote:

i disagree from what u said, ee 3.0 is  better than ee universe

One of the main reasons we're changing it is that there is a certain company also called EE, and they happen to be pretty well known, so there's no chance for us to ever be in the top page when you google EE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue So whatever you think of the actual name, it's better practically than EE

a company called everybody edits?!


OeaNm9Q.png              MYaIIs9.png
ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.pngKFPwcx.jpg

Offline

Wooted by:

#64 2018-08-22 04:43:10

ILikeTofuuJoe
Member
From: Obvervable Universe
Joined: 2018-06-04
Posts: 1,724
Website

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

so it'll be called EEU? Eew!!! You get what I mean


https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Offline

#65 2018-08-22 04:51:23

cwearly1
Member
Joined: 2018-08-17
Posts: 37

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

Everybody Edits Evolved?

Obviously the Universe was chosen to represent some change to the game when the new HTML one is released, but I like alliteration

Offline

Wooted by:

#66 2018-08-22 05:20:45

Kirby
Campaign Team
Joined: 2015-04-04
Posts: 4,122

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

cwearly1 wrote:

Everybody Edits Evolved?

Obviously the Universe was chosen to represent some change to the game when the new HTML one is released, but I like alliteration

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline

Wooted by:

PTU

#67 2018-08-22 06:16:11

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,216

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

Everybody Edits Exalted


unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

#68 2018-08-22 06:20:23, last edited by Freckleface (2018-08-22 06:21:19)

Freckleface
Member
Joined: 2015-04-02
Posts: 1,355

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

Everybody Edits Extreme Evolutuion Extraordinaire: Everlasting Encore Edition


F

Offline

#69 2018-08-22 07:18:31

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,786
Website

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

Freckleface wrote:

Everybody Edits Extreme Evolutuion Extraordinaire: Everlasting Encore Edition

Actually, I think Everybody Edits Encore is a fitting name for a reboot and keeps the alliteration.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#70 2018-08-22 07:59:42

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123
From: Cali Baby | 2017 popin
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 1,217

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

mutantdevle wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

Everybody Edits Extreme Evolutuion Extraordinaire: Everlasting Encore Edition

Actually, I think Everybody Edits Encore is a fitting name for a reboot and keeps the alliteration.

Genius idea!!!

Offline

#71 2018-08-22 09:56:34

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,418

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

EE 3.0 and EEU.

Yea EEU better

Offline

#72 2018-08-22 10:32:01, last edited by Trytu (2018-08-22 10:32:32)

Trytu
Member
From: Poland
Joined: 2017-12-10
Posts: 574

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

so let's Google EEU

image if something would change (i'm sory for language)

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Offline

#73 2018-08-22 10:42:08, last edited by LukeM (2018-08-22 10:42:19)

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,810
Website

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

Trytu wrote:

so let's Google EEU

image if something would change (i'm sory for language)

If 'Electrical Equipment Upgrading' can get to 5 in the list then I'm sure the rEEboot can at least get to there //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Offline

#74 2018-08-22 10:46:52, last edited by rgl32 (2018-08-22 10:49:20)

rgl32
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 542

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

Trytu wrote:

so let's Google EEU

image if something would change (i'm sory for language)

You are trying to make a statement that doesn't hold any ground, the hits you are getting with EEU are pretty small relative to what EE pops up,which is a popular mobile network and a popular twitter account (both the same people), iincluding other pretty popularly searched names.
You will not find a search result that will lead to nothing unless you type in pure gibberish. So saying that because Google shows something the name won't work doesn't make any sense.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#75 2018-08-22 14:10:14, last edited by azurepudding (2018-08-22 14:10:31)

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 726

Re: Everybody Edits Reboot Name Promo

Everybody Edits Universe, Yeah


Azure2.png

Offline

ILikeTofuuJoe1535949464722963

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1566113151.4235 - Generated in 0.074 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.77 MiB (Peak: 2.07 MiB) ]