Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#351 2018-09-04 15:59:10

Kira

Re: [Discussion] OFFICIAL Everybody Edits Tournament

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Why? Judges, why? I already told you its a free win for Lictor because I didn't finish my world on time and you still locked my world.

So you're just going to give up because you're against a certain opponent?

Isn't the whole point of this contest to beat people's expectations and show what you can do as a builder?

This is the same as any other contest we've seen before, this time we have 1v1s and not 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1s.

Would you have given up because you were against certain opponents you thought you never had a chance to beat?

It doesn't matter who and what you are. Anyone has a chance, including you.

Wooted by: (5)

#352 2018-09-04 16:05:42

Pingohits
Banned

Kira wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Why? Judges, why? I already told you its a free win for Lictor because I didn't finish my world on time and you still locked my world.

So you're just going to give up because you're against a certain opponent?

Isn't the whole point of this contest to beat people's expectations and show what you can do as a builder?

This is the same as any other contest we've seen before, this time we have 1v1s and not 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1s.

Would you have given up because you were against certain opponents you thought you never had a chance to beat?

It doesn't matter who and what you are. Anyone has a chance, including you.

kira he has no chance stop spreading lies

791mAP8.png

#353 2018-09-04 17:25:32

Kirby

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

...because you submitted it

#354 2018-09-05 05:30:13

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Dear 2B55B5G TNG, please slap your head twice so your brain can function correctly.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#355 2018-09-05 06:03:16, last edited by Joeyc (2018-09-05 06:03:43)

Joeyc

Dear ILikeTofuuJoe, please slap your head twice so your brain can function correctly
unknown.png

#356 2018-09-05 06:18:46

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Dear Joeyc, you  are not a smiley. You, are an alien species of homo sapiens, which thinks they have control over the smileys, but ended up being controled by the smileys

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#357 2018-09-05 08:05:58, last edited by 2b55b5g (2018-09-05 08:07:51)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I did not want to give up. I'm just a bit lazy to build my world, so I didn't finish my world on time.

And did I say I give up and let Lictor win? I only said its a free win for Lictor because I can't finish my world on time.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#358 2018-09-05 17:10:56

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I did not want to give up. I'm just a bit lazy to build my world, so I didn't finish my world on time.

And did I say I give up and let Lictor win? I only said its a free win for Lictor because I can't finish my world on time.

For “2 French 1 cup”***

#359 2018-09-05 23:05:59

Lictor666

Kaleb wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

For “2 French 1 cup”***

gg team

next round have a great theme
but small world

#360 2018-09-06 06:45:58

peace

woow i saw LR$ theme and i though hmm nice i have an ide-.. oh medium only

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#361 2018-09-06 09:02:13

Awesome Algoodo

Where is my prize? I lost reached lr round 3 and lost that round. Where is my prize?

#362 2018-09-06 11:29:46

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I'll try my best to win 'Dragons' >:)

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#363 2018-09-06 12:34:43

Introduction

Awesome Algoodo wrote:

Where is my prize? I lost reached lr round 3 and lost that round. Where is my prize?

think you only get your rewards at the end of the contest

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#364 2018-09-06 14:32:08

peace

ohhh i got an nice idea to build ohh wiat nvm that idea doesnt have much arts hmm l hav eto think about that

peace.png

#365 2018-09-06 16:56:31, last edited by peace (2018-09-06 16:56:49)

peace

ok idk if im allowed or if it even gets seen if i do but i have an idea for a world that fits my theme but it requires a 2nd world to see the art (mostly will be placed behind blocks and will hard to be seen so a world portal at end redericting to 2nd world to see  the full art) am i allowed to do?

EDIT: oops sorry for double post

peace.png

#366 2018-09-06 16:59:07, last edited by Joeyc (2018-09-06 16:59:27)

Joeyc

peace wrote:

ok idk if im allowed or if it even gets seen if i do but i have an idea for a world that fits my theme but it requires a 2nd world to see the art (mostly will be placed behind blocks and will hard to be seen so a world portal at end redericting to 2nd world to see  the full art) am i allowed to do?

does it say you can, no

#367 2018-09-06 17:04:27

Different55
Forum Admin

Joeyc wrote:
peace wrote:

does it say you can, no

The rules are a list of things you can't do, not a list of things you can. He's right to ask.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#368 2018-09-06 17:34:05

Kirby

peace wrote:

well of course you cant use multiple worlds, otherwise there wouldn't be a point on restricting world size

Wooted by:

#369 2018-09-06 20:05:49

peace

Kirby wrote:
peace wrote:

well of course you cant use multiple worlds, otherwise there wouldn't be a point on restricting world size

well its hard to explain my question wihtout exploitng what im gonna make wait kirby im pming you wiht exact details on what i wanna make so otheres cant steal orso

peace.png

#370 2018-09-06 23:59:34

Joeyc

sorry but it's pretty much impossible since all of the losers bracket can't let out their true potential with such a small size along with the themes, don't even get me started. especially if you get picked off in the 1st round. this tournament is a literal **** show sometimes. winners and losers should've had the same sizes, with all of the same deadlines to begin with. I really don't like complaining too much either but this was on my chest since the beginning

#371 2018-09-07 00:19:51

Kira

Joeyc wrote:

sorry but it's pretty much impossible since all of the losers bracket can't let out their true potential with such a small size along with the themes, don't even get me started. especially if you get picked off in the 1st round. this tournament is a literal **** show sometimes. winners and losers should've had the same sizes, with all of the same deadlines to begin with. I really don't like complaining too much either but this was on my chest since the beginning

hence why you're in the losers bracket because your true potential wasn't enough

#372 2018-09-07 00:20:57, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-07 00:25:18)

azurepudding

I still wish this was like a 5 round contest where all teams built for every round, with a point score for each which would be accumulated at the end for total score.  Nonsubmitters wouldn't have been able to give free wins either.  Not going to say any names, but some worlds I feel.. lacking, to be this far, while some other well made worlds have lost or been eliminated early on.  Maybe it could have started with a small world, with each round bumping up the size.  Well, something to consider for next contest, maybe?

Tournament style was fun to try out but.. I can only see it becoming more stressful and sour/salty levels will only increase from here on.  It becomes about eliminating others rather than winning.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Kira wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

hence why you're in the losers bracket because your true potential wasn't enough

There's no need to beat down like this.  To be fair and honest, I think Joey's team should have won the first round, as I've been told their opponent purposely made a joke world?  And that it was literally "pro vs noob" as a theme, which is actually "good design vs bad design" which the latter shouldn't be in a contest world, honestly.  Stairs and hookjumps and such.  Joey had a cool Sun and Moon theme with decent art ingame and on minimap, and would have liked to see them continue on through winners.

Azure2.png

#373 2018-09-07 00:23:24

Kira

azurepudding wrote:

I still wish this was like a 5 round contest where all teams built for every round, with a point score for each which would be accumulated at the end for total score.  Nonsubmitters wouldn't have been able to give free wins either.  Not going to say any names, but some worlds I feel.. lacking, to be this far, while some other well made worlds have lost or been eliminated early on.  Maybe it could have started with a small world, with each round bumping up the size.  Well, something to consider for next contest, maybe?

Tournament style was fun to try out but.. I can only see it becoming more stressful and sour/salty levels will only increase from here on.  It becomes about eliminating others rather than winning.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

"It becomes about eliminating others rather than winning"

A
t o u r n a m e n t

basically

Wooted by:

#374 2018-09-07 00:26:12, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-07 00:26:49)

azurepudding

Kira wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

"It becomes about eliminating others rather than winning"

A
t o u r n a m e n t

basically

Yes and my whole point is we shouldn't do tournament style for a contest exactly.

It was something new to try at least but I prefer the past contest styles.

(also edited previous post too late)

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#375 2018-09-07 00:42:24

Introduction

Kira wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

weren't the first rounds medium worlds for both brackets though

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:
ILikeTofuuJoe1540042820728629

Board footer