Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-12 00:19:06

Luka504

No Man's Sky is finally a good game.

Yep. After 2 years and 3 major updates, No Man's Sky is actually starting to look like the game that was originally promised way back in 2016.
The game looks way more beautiful and immersive, the game runs much smoother than before, from what I've heard there are no more crashes/freezes, the camera is adjustable so you can play in 3rd person and there's actual multiplayer! So much content has been added that you feel like you're exploring an entire universe.
Overall, the game is just way more expansive and fun and I really recommend picking it up again, as it is finally worth the 60$ price tag it asks for.

I really have to commend Hello Games for not just taking the money and running away with it. They're actually trying to fix the game and their reputation.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#2 2018-08-12 02:15:30

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: No Man's Sky is finally a good game.

Yeah but are there any players left? It’s supposed to be a multiplayer game, right?

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#3 2018-08-12 02:19:22

Anak

Tomahawk wrote:

Yeah but are there any players left? It’s supposed to be a multiplayer game, right?

Just a couple

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2018-08-12 02:53:22

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Luka504 wrote:

After 2 years and 3 major updates, No Man's Sky is actually starting to look like the game that was originally promised way back in 2016

Sorry that's a bit late
If you order a pizza and they deliver you just a piece of dough with all the other ingredients getting delivered later one per day/week. Would you be fine with that?
Also an insanely overhyped 60 bucks game is expected to feature slightly more than just beauty/immersion, lack of crashes/freezes, adjustable camera (wow!) and working multiplayer (wow!!!)

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#5 2018-08-12 02:58:02

Anak

TaskManager wrote:

If you order a pizza and they deliver you just a piece of dough with all the other ingredients getting delivered later one per day/week. Would you be fine with that?

Yes because I have anxiety

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2018-08-12 09:00:00, last edited by Luka504 (2018-08-12 09:02:54)

Luka504

TaskManager wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

After 2 years and 3 major updates, No Man's Sky is actually starting to look like the game that was originally promised way back in 2016

Sorry that's a bit late
Also an insanely overhyped 60 bucks game is expected to feature slightly more than just beauty/immersion, lack of crashes/freezes, adjustable camera (wow!) and working multiplayer (wow!!!)

That is a very bad example, considering that you could have gotten refunds for this game on Steam even if you had played for more than 2 hours. So after fixing your example, it would be more like this.

You've seen an advertisement for a delicious looking pizza, and decided to order it. The pizza man arrives and gives you a pizza that looks pretty shoddy compared to what was advertised, but you don't care. You pay for it and excitedly rush to eat the pizza, but after a few slices you realize that it actually isn't really all that good. You return the pizza to get your money back and you leave a negative review of the pizza restaurant, along with the numerous other dissatisfied customers. Some time passes and news starts popping out about how the restaurant improved their recipe by a lot, and most of the recent reviews seem to agree. You buy it again and you're actually satisfied with it. Frankly TaskManager, I would be ok with that.

I'd much rather take a game that eventually becomes good rather that a game that stays awful forever. If you're going to reject this game just because it had a bad history behind it, you're losing out on a great game that can finally live up to our astronomical expectations we had way back in 2016.
Oh and TaskManager. If you expected more out of this game than what I have mentioned, don't worry, as I've barely scratched the surface of the new content this game has to offer.

#7 2018-08-12 13:30:12

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Luka504 wrote:

You've seen an advertisement for a delicious looking pizza, and decided to order it. The pizza man arrives and gives you a pizza that looks pretty shoddy compared to what was advertised, but you don't care. You pay for it and excitedly rush to eat the pizza, but after a few slices you realize that it actually isn't really all that good. You return the pizza to get your money back and you leave a negative review of the pizza restaurant, along with the numerous other dissatisfied customers. Some time passes and news starts popping out about how the restaurant improved their recipe by a lot, and most of the recent reviews seem to agree. You buy it again and you're actually satisfied with it. Frankly TaskManager, I would be ok with that.

Your "remaster" of my example is completely different and completely ignores the point that I was making

Luka504 wrote:

I'd much rather take a game that eventually becomes good rather that a game that stays awful forever.

Well, obviously. Isn't that what anyone with common sense would do if they had to choose between the two?

Luka504 wrote:

If you're going to reject this game just because it had a bad history behind it, you're losing out on a great game

Not only because of bad history. I'm rejecting it because the game studio promised and didn't deliver. And because one does not place a "60.00 USD" label on a game that promises working multiplayer/stable runtime (that has to be assumed already and not questioned at all) and pseudo-immersion that is nothing more than generating planets/creatures by differently combining same blocks together over and over

Luka504 wrote:

that can finally live up to our astronomical expectations we had way back in 2016

Hmm I wonder why these expectations were astronomical? Maybe because the devs made them as such..? It is their and only their fault that they fed the community with teasers and promises and whatnot and obviously could not fulfill their very own expectations.

i8SwC8p.png

#8 2018-08-12 14:00:27

Luka504

TaskManager wrote:

Your "remaster" of my example is completely different and completely ignores the point that I was making

I understand the point you tried to make, but the example you gave is a pretty bad one as it implies that you're stuck with the pizza and can't do anything about it except wait until it's finished.

TaskManager wrote:

Well, obviously. Isn't that what anyone with common sense would do if they had to choose between the two?

...ok..? Thanks for agreeing?

TaskManager wrote:

Not only because of bad history. I'm rejecting it because the game studio promised and didn't deliver. And because one does not place a "60.00 USD" label on a game that promises working multiplayer/stable runtime (that has to be assumed already and not questioned at all) and pseudo-immersion that is nothing more than generating planets/creatures by differently combining same blocks together over and over

It really sounds like you're just living in the past tbh. Yes they failed to keep their promises, but those days are long gone. They are actually trying to fix the game and deliver on all of those promises, and so far they are doing a great job. Even then, just because they didn't keep their promise doesn't impact the quality of the game now. The game is worth the pricetag it asks for, and I still implore people to give it another shot.

TaskManager wrote:

Hmm I wonder why these expectations were astronomical? Maybe because the devs made them as such..? It is their and only their fault that they fed the community with teasers and promises and whatnot and obviously could not fulfill their very own expectations.

I agree with this definitely. However I really need to reiterate the point that they are actually fixing the game to meet those expectations. The whole point of this topic is to tell people that this mess of a game is making a comeback and is trying to win us back over, thus we should at the very least give it a second chance.

#9 2018-08-12 15:51:23

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Luka504 wrote:

I understand the point you tried to make, but the example you gave is a pretty bad one as it implies that you're stuck with the pizza and can't do anything about it except wait until it's finished.

you didnt make a better one https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL sure, you can refund, but the point was that you order a pizza and just get the basic dough first with everything else slowly delivered later

Luka504 wrote:

The game is worth the pricetag it asks for,

no it isnt

Luka504 wrote:

and I still implore people to give it another shot.

Luka504 wrote:

The whole point of this topic is to tell people that this mess of a game is making a comeback and is trying to win us back over, thus we should at the very least give it a second chance.

how much are you paid for this

i8SwC8p.png

#10 2018-08-12 15:58:23

Luka504

TaskManager wrote:

you didnt make a better one https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL sure, you can refund, but the point was that you order a pizza and just get the basic dough first with everything else slowly delivered later

Still worth it in the end imo.

TaskManager wrote:

no it isnt

Ok

TaskManager wrote:

how much are you paid for this

Hilarious joke xD.

#11 2018-08-12 16:23:07

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Luka504 wrote:

Still worth it in the end imo.

no it isnt

Luka504 wrote:

Hilarious joke xD.

thanks!

i8SwC8p.png

#12 2018-08-13 04:18:03

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

As someone who preordered No Man's Sky and played a bit before realizing it wasn't very fleshed out. I'm glad to see them not totally scam players out of their money, and I'm glad to see them carry out their vision.

Do I think what they did was ****? Yes. Do I think them **** buckling down and making the game **** FANTASTIC is a good move? **** yea I do. It's a great game. Go buy it.

Wooted by:

#13 2018-08-13 13:23:59

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

A game that’s taken two years to become what it should’ve been at launch isn’t worth even close to $60.

You’re supporting a bunch of money-grabbing liars by paying that much now. They’re still rolling around in their preorder money, and you can’t change that, but a scam like that cannot be redeemed.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2018-08-13 14:32:49

Freckleface

Tomahawk wrote:

A game that’s taken two years to become what it should’ve been at launch isn’t worth even close to $60.

You’re supporting a bunch of money-grabbing liars by paying that much now. They’re still rolling around in their preorder money, and you can’t change that, but a scam like that cannot be redeemed.

>promise to make a good game
>cant deliver the game promised
>people call them crooks
>continue developing game until it resembles what was promised
>still called crooks
>????
Dont you dare reference how I did greentext. Its the only way I could think of.

They just needed more time. They just promised more than they could, and now that they are adding those promises they are still crooks. Scamming would be never updating the game since release. I personally dont think any game is worth 60$ but at least theyre trying to make the game worth it.

F

Wooted by: (3)

#15 2018-08-13 15:48:43

Pingohits
Banned

Tomahawk wrote:

Let us assume Hello Games is a congregation of money-grabbing liars. If that were the case, why are they still pushing out updates?

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (4)

#16 2018-08-13 22:19:58

soniiiety

finally they updated no man's skey, it was my favorite game, and now I can't play becuase it crashes now YAY

#17 2018-08-13 22:36:15

Pingohits
Banned

sonytv you have 2 gb of ram, are you sure you're talking about No Man's Sky by Hello Games?

791mAP8.png

Pingohits1534196175719404

Board footer