Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#51 2018-08-03 00:37:58

Raphe9000
Member
From: OGLE-2017-BLG-0560
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,068

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

azurepudding wrote:

And Raphe, that analogy can't quite be proven to be true because it can be possible that more FB2 users have gone inactive.

And yet my other point still stands.

azurepudding wrote:

For the sake of argument let's say half of FB1 users went inactive and EVERY SINGLE FB2 user is still somehow around.  FB2 would still be more rare.  But we don't know this, we don't know how many of each user group is active or not.  You just can't assume FB1 is more rare.  Wishful thinking.

The issue with this is that the community lost WAY more than half of its players in the timeframe of 6 years.


Hell, even if the Fanboy 1 is more common, it's the older smiley and would, you think, naturally be harder to get than the new smiley. Especially since the Fanboy 2 is just an expansion of the Ultimate Fan, it has less value anyway. In fact, that would make a lot of sense on why less people may have it than the Fanboy 1 currently. Anyone would choose the Fanboy 1 over the Fanboy 2, especially when it has been a symbol of veteranship in the game for so long.

In my eyes, it should be harder to get just because it has been that symbol for so long.


EDIT: Not to mention, I would be honestly extremely surprised if there were more people with Fanboy 1 than Fanboy 2, but more people having the older limited smiley would also communicate how many people have stayed loyal to the game for that long, you'd think actually driving up its value for the obvious reason of literally describing you as a fan. Unless a higher percentage of Fanboy 2s quit (so much for Ultimate Fan), a very large percentage of Fanboys would have had to stay to be in such numbers.

Last edited by Raphe9000 (2018-08-03 00:55:52)

Offline

#52 2018-08-03 01:50:52

EEJoranasc
Member
From: Petoria
Joined: 2016-03-20
Posts: 1,234

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

can i get 400 gems if i buy 2 merchs? when i have original fanboi and fanboi II?

Offline

#53 2018-08-03 03:18:46

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: My speech is not the greatest
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 3,469

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

As a veteran player who was upset about hearing the fanboy being given out again in the topic Xeno linked earlier, I'm completely and entirely fine with this and everything that's happening with this news.


RM7fEdO.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#54 2018-08-03 04:32:31

Xenonetix
EE Owner (Formerly Mega Lamb)
From: Essos
Joined: 2015-03-07
Posts: 781
Website

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

EEJoranasc wrote:

can i get 400 gems if i buy 2 merchs? when i have original fanboi and fanboi II?

Nope, 200 Gems is a one-off offer //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue


Xenonetix_2.png

Offline

#55 2018-08-03 06:01:48

ILikeTofuuJoe
Member
From: Obvervable Universe
Joined: 2018-06-04
Posts: 1,552
Website

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

What about 100 merches there should be a bonus for that


https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Offline

#56 2018-08-03 06:47:28

Joeyc
Member
From: Italy
Joined: 2017-11-05
Posts: 1,446

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

What about 100 merches there should be a bonus for that

not going to happen ever

Offline

Wooted by:

#57 2018-08-03 06:49:44

ILikeTofuuJoe
Member
From: Obvervable Universe
Joined: 2018-06-04
Posts: 1,552
Website

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

what about a shirt signed by xenonetix


https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Offline

#58 2018-08-03 06:52:00

minam
Member
Joined: 2016-02-10
Posts: 465

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

what about a shirt signed by xenonetix

Wouldn't that be hard to do?
Company ships shirts to xenonetix.
Xenonetix signs shirts.
1.Xenonetix sells it himself or
2.Xenonetix sends it back to company (if that's even possible)


Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

Offline

Wooted by:

#59 2018-08-03 06:53:41

Joeyc
Member
From: Italy
Joined: 2017-11-05
Posts: 1,446

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

minam wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

what about a shirt signed by xenonetix

Wouldn't that be hard to do?
Company ships shirts to xenonetix.
Xenonetix signs shirts.
1.Xenonetix sells it himself or
2.Xenonetix sends it back to company (if that's even possible)


nobody will know who he is. "LOOK ITS THAT XENONETIX GUY FROM SMILEY GAME" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile and signatures look stupid tbh

Last edited by Joeyc (2018-08-03 06:54:38)

Offline

Wooted by:

#60 2018-08-03 06:57:04

ILikeTofuuJoe
Member
From: Obvervable Universe
Joined: 2018-06-04
Posts: 1,552
Website

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

^^Clearly teasing^^

i saw you deleting your post

Last edited by ILikeTofuuJoe (2018-08-03 06:59:49)


https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Offline

#61 2018-08-03 09:28:45

Kira
Formerly Dream
Joined: 2015-04-04
Posts: 1,769

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

snip

All good. People deserve fanboys if they buy products.

Last edited by hummerz5 (2018-08-03 14:27:36)

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#62 2018-08-03 09:47:47

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,166

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

i my optinion you shouldnt prove if your fan or not by spenidng money an artist who performs well enoiugh doesnt expet money from his/her fans (exept mab buyign the ticketto get in th ecooncert but you can prrove if your fan outside concer too)


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.png
a.pngty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Offline

#63 2018-08-03 11:19:56

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 692

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

Raphe9000 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

And Raphe, that analogy can't quite be proven to be true because it can be possible that more FB2 users have gone inactive.

And yet my other point still stands.

azurepudding wrote:

For the sake of argument let's say half of FB1 users went inactive and EVERY SINGLE FB2 user is still somehow around.  FB2 would still be more rare.  But we don't know this, we don't know how many of each user group is active or not.  You just can't assume FB1 is more rare.  Wishful thinking.

The issue with this is that the community lost WAY more than half of its players in the timeframe of 6 years.


Hell, even if the Fanboy 1 is more common, it's the older smiley and would, you think, naturally be harder to get than the new smiley. Especially since the Fanboy 2 is just an expansion of the Ultimate Fan, it has less value anyway. In fact, that would make a lot of sense on why less people may have it than the Fanboy 1 currently. Anyone would choose the Fanboy 1 over the Fanboy 2, especially when it has been a symbol of veteranship in the game for so long.

In my eyes, it should be harder to get just because it has been that symbol for so long.


EDIT: Not to mention, I would be honestly extremely surprised if there were more people with Fanboy 1 than Fanboy 2, but more people having the older limited smiley would also communicate how many people have stayed loyal to the game for that long, you'd think actually driving up its value for the obvious reason of literally describing you as a fan. Unless a higher percentage of Fanboy 2s quit (so much for Ultimate Fan), a very large percentage of Fanboys would have had to stay to be in such numbers.

Fanboy isn't suppose to have any value.  You are acting so entitled to this smiley for whatever reason.  Finding out about EE before a newer player shouldn't make you a more special player than them.  That does not necessarily make you a bigger fan of the game than them.  I think you need to take a massive step backwards and see that you just as well could have been someone who had found out about the game much later and also would have missed out on fanboy.  Playing a game sooner or longer than others does not make you some kind of Super Player.  All it means is you stumbled upon the game sooner before others.  That's it.  I began playing in 2010, but that doesn't make me a more special player than someone who joined yesterday.  I might have even began playing before you as well, but again, that does not make me more special than you.  Every player is equal.

Hundreds of people have them.  They're not giving them out for free either, you have to buy a 22 dollar shirt for one.  And I wouldn't necessarily pick FB1 over FB2.  They're basically the same smiley. 

You say you're open to them being available again but not this way.  But this way's an even more pricier way to get the smiley than before.  So.. why are you against it?  I could see if you spent 22 dollars before and then they decided to give them out for free, which would be far more understandable.  If it's not this smiley representing an inappropriate special feeling over others, then what is it?

Last edited by azurepudding (2018-08-03 11:51:18)

Offline

#64 2018-08-03 12:10:54

Raphe9000
Member
From: OGLE-2017-BLG-0560
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,068

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

azurepudding wrote:

Fanboy isn't suppose to have any value.  You are acting so entitled to this smiley for whatever reason.  Finding out about EE before a newer player shouldn't make you a more special player than them.  That does not necessarily make you a bigger fan of the game than them.  I think you need to take a massive step backwards and see that you just as well could have been someone who had found out about the game much later and also would have missed out on fanboy.  Playing a game sooner or longer than others does not make you some kind of Super Player.  All it means is you stumbled upon the game sooner before others.  That's it.  I began playing in 2010, but that doesn't make me a more special player than someone who joined yesterday.  I might have even began playing before you as well, but again, that does not make me more special than you.  Every player is equal.

Hundreds of people have them.  They're not giving them out for free either, you have to buy a 22 dollar shirt for one.  And I wouldn't necessarily pick FB1 over FB2.  They're basically the same smiley. 

You say you're open to them being available again but not this way.  But this way's an even more pricier way to get the smiley than before.  So.. why are you against it?  I could see if you spent 22 dollars before and then they decided to give them out for free, which would be far more understandable.  If it's not this smiley representing an inappropriate special feeling over others, then what is it?

I've already explained all of this in my previous arguments. Repeating the same stuff over again is not an excuse to put forward baseless accusations.

Offline

#65 2018-08-03 13:00:32

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 692

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

Raphe9000 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Fanboy isn't suppose to have any value.  You are acting so entitled to this smiley for whatever reason.  Finding out about EE before a newer player shouldn't make you a more special player than them.  That does not necessarily make you a bigger fan of the game than them.  I think you need to take a massive step backwards and see that you just as well could have been someone who had found out about the game much later and also would have missed out on fanboy.  Playing a game sooner or longer than others does not make you some kind of Super Player.  All it means is you stumbled upon the game sooner before others.  That's it.  I began playing in 2010, but that doesn't make me a more special player than someone who joined yesterday.  I might have even began playing before you as well, but again, that does not make me more special than you.  Every player is equal.

Hundreds of people have them.  They're not giving them out for free either, you have to buy a 22 dollar shirt for one.  And I wouldn't necessarily pick FB1 over FB2.  They're basically the same smiley. 

You say you're open to them being available again but not this way.  But this way's an even more pricier way to get the smiley than before.  So.. why are you against it?  I could see if you spent 22 dollars before and then they decided to give them out for free, which would be far more understandable.  If it's not this smiley representing an inappropriate special feeling over others, then what is it?

I've already explained all of this in my previous arguments. Repeating the same stuff over again is not an excuse to put forward baseless accusations.

Your past arguments keep bringing up the "veteranship" that comes with the smiley which is the inappropriate special feeling over others I was talking about there.  Also.. you don't counter a counter with the original argument.. that's just looping the argument, or a backwards argument.

Offline

#66 2018-08-03 13:03:27

Raphe9000
Member
From: OGLE-2017-BLG-0560
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,068

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

azurepudding wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Fanboy isn't suppose to have any value.  You are acting so entitled to this smiley for whatever reason.  Finding out about EE before a newer player shouldn't make you a more special player than them.  That does not necessarily make you a bigger fan of the game than them.  I think you need to take a massive step backwards and see that you just as well could have been someone who had found out about the game much later and also would have missed out on fanboy.  Playing a game sooner or longer than others does not make you some kind of Super Player.  All it means is you stumbled upon the game sooner before others.  That's it.  I began playing in 2010, but that doesn't make me a more special player than someone who joined yesterday.  I might have even began playing before you as well, but again, that does not make me more special than you.  Every player is equal.

Hundreds of people have them.  They're not giving them out for free either, you have to buy a 22 dollar shirt for one.  And I wouldn't necessarily pick FB1 over FB2.  They're basically the same smiley. 

You say you're open to them being available again but not this way.  But this way's an even more pricier way to get the smiley than before.  So.. why are you against it?  I could see if you spent 22 dollars before and then they decided to give them out for free, which would be far more understandable.  If it's not this smiley representing an inappropriate special feeling over others, then what is it?

I've already explained all of this in my previous arguments. Repeating the same stuff over again is not an excuse to put forward baseless accusations.

Your past arguments keep bringing up the "veteranship" that comes with the smiley which is the inappropriate special feeling over others I was talking about there.  Also.. you don't counter a counter with the original argument.. that's just looping the argument, or a backwards argument.

A counter is supposed to bring up new information.

The veteranship is not an inappropriate feeling... or even a feeling in how I intended it to be used. It's how the smiley is viewed by the community. Just like a big spender is from being a... big spender. That was what caused the whole diamond controversy.

Offline

#67 2018-08-03 13:51:00

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 692

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

Raphe9000 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Fanboy isn't suppose to have any value.  You are acting so entitled to this smiley for whatever reason.  Finding out about EE before a newer player shouldn't make you a more special player than them.  That does not necessarily make you a bigger fan of the game than them.  I think you need to take a massive step backwards and see that you just as well could have been someone who had found out about the game much later and also would have missed out on fanboy.  Playing a game sooner or longer than others does not make you some kind of Super Player.  All it means is you stumbled upon the game sooner before others.  That's it.  I began playing in 2010, but that doesn't make me a more special player than someone who joined yesterday.  I might have even began playing before you as well, but again, that does not make me more special than you.  Every player is equal.

Hundreds of people have them.  They're not giving them out for free either, you have to buy a 22 dollar shirt for one.  And I wouldn't necessarily pick FB1 over FB2.  They're basically the same smiley. 

You say you're open to them being available again but not this way.  But this way's an even more pricier way to get the smiley than before.  So.. why are you against it?  I could see if you spent 22 dollars before and then they decided to give them out for free, which would be far more understandable.  If it's not this smiley representing an inappropriate special feeling over others, then what is it?

I've already explained all of this in my previous arguments. Repeating the same stuff over again is not an excuse to put forward baseless accusations.

Your past arguments keep bringing up the "veteranship" that comes with the smiley which is the inappropriate special feeling over others I was talking about there.  Also.. you don't counter a counter with the original argument.. that's just looping the argument, or a backwards argument.

A counter is supposed to bring up new information.

The veteranship is not an inappropriate feeling... or even a feeling in how I intended it to be used. It's how the smiley is viewed by the community. Just like a big spender is from being a... big spender. That was what caused the whole diamond controversy.

Yes, new information, which you haven't given to counter my counter.

So, your two main arguments are that a) The smilies give a special feeling of veteranship; and b) That the smiley FB1 is more rare than FB2

By amount of players regardless of activity, B is wrong.  Considering activity, B might still be wrong, but we do not know.  This leaves me with A, which I have already countered.  And then you repeated it, and then I counter with the same info, then you tell me I'm repeating myself... ????  I mean yeah, if you disregard my counterpoints and repeat yourself, you may see me repeating myself, as no new information was sent my way.  That's not fair to blame me for that.

But OK, some new info in this post.

Why is it not?  Why does "veteranship" even matter? (I really dislike that term, we're not heroes of war or anything.)  It is an inappropriate feeling over others because it is a desire to feel more special than a huge part of the community.  Big Spender and Diamond are different, they're expensive items to buy that mainly support the game.  New player, or old player, a player can buy these items when they want.  Fanboy, for some reason, is locked to "veteranship" until now.  And I think it was a wise choice, because withholding items from new players isn't a smart idea if you wish to attract and maintain new players.  Luckily for this game it's only been these two smileys, so not too big of a deal, but still feels kinda scummy.  Returning the availability is a definite step forward, as now it's also another source of funding for the game.

Offline

#68 2018-08-03 17:21:50

Raphe9000
Member
From: OGLE-2017-BLG-0560
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,068

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

azurepudding wrote:

Yes, new information, which you haven't given to counter my counter.

I can't give new information to counter a counter which has no new information. This argument is basically at a dead end.

azurepudding wrote:

By amount of players regardless of activity, B is wrong.  Considering activity, B might still be wrong, but we do not know.

You seemingly have no idea of how an economy works if you believe rarity is described by production. The fact that somebody would have the smiley if they logged in in moot when that person will more than likely never log in again.

azurepudding wrote:

And then you repeated it, and then I counter with the same info, then you tell me I'm repeating myself... ????

You don't appear to understand the basics of the situation. I also tried to expand upon all information I gave. When you ignore said information, what do I do?

azurepudding wrote:

a) The smilies give a special feeling of veteranship

The 'special feeling' doesn't exist. I said it is the symbol, which it is to more than just the people that have it.

azurepudding wrote:

(I really dislike that term, we're not heroes of war or anything.)

That is why homographs exist.

azurepudding wrote:

And I think it was a wise choice, because withholding items from new players isn't a smart idea if you wish to attract and maintain new players.

I would dislike to see the old Pumpkin and Bunny smilies given out too ya know. They especially shouldn't be given away (the only way to not withhold items from new players) because the game kinda needs to make money.

azurepudding wrote:

Luckily for this game it's only been these two smileys, so not too big of a deal, but still feels kinda scummy.

Not everyone gets everything, and that makes the things you get more valuable for old and new players. That's why limited items exist.

azurepudding wrote:

Returning the availability is a definite step forward, as now it's also another source of funding for the game.

Like shirts and other merch?

azurepudding wrote:

Big Spender and Diamond are different, they're expensive items to buy that mainly support the game.

You mean was. Now, the Fanboy is a small spender.

azurepudding wrote:

It is an inappropriate feeling over others because it is a desire to feel more special than a huge part of the community. 

Maybe I just want to remember the old game and the years I put into the game as a whole with an item that for 5 years described it. Don't put words in my mouth about trying to better than someone because I don't care who is better than me or who I'm better than.

Edit: Why would I want it to stay exclusively to old players and give alternative ways to give it away?

Like I said, this argument has reached a dead end.

Last edited by Raphe9000 (2018-08-03 17:23:15)

Offline

#69 2018-08-03 17:23:38

Joeyc
Member
From: Italy
Joined: 2017-11-05
Posts: 1,446

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

is just a smiley, why u have to be mad

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#70 2018-08-03 19:49:01

ThreeWheelDrive
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 10

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

Wonderful, another chance at Fanboy that I won't be able to do, because I'm too shy for any part of me to be on camera. *cries*

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

HG, PTU

#71 2018-08-03 21:13:26

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 692

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

Raphe9000 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Yes, new information, which you haven't given to counter my counter.

I can't give new information to counter a counter which has no new information. This argument is basically at a dead end.

azurepudding wrote:

By amount of players regardless of activity, B is wrong.  Considering activity, B might still be wrong, but we do not know.

You seemingly have no idea of how an economy works if you believe rarity is described by production. The fact that somebody would have the smiley if they logged in in moot when that person will more than likely never log in again.

azurepudding wrote:

And then you repeated it, and then I counter with the same info, then you tell me I'm repeating myself... ????

You don't appear to understand the basics of the situation. I also tried to expand upon all information I gave. When you ignore said information, what do I do?

azurepudding wrote:

a) The smilies give a special feeling of veteranship

The 'special feeling' doesn't exist. I said it is the symbol, which it is to more than just the people that have it.

azurepudding wrote:

(I really dislike that term, we're not heroes of war or anything.)

That is why homographs exist.

azurepudding wrote:

And I think it was a wise choice, because withholding items from new players isn't a smart idea if you wish to attract and maintain new players.

I would dislike to see the old Pumpkin and Bunny smilies given out too ya know. They especially shouldn't be given away (the only way to not withhold items from new players) because the game kinda needs to make money.

azurepudding wrote:

Luckily for this game it's only been these two smileys, so not too big of a deal, but still feels kinda scummy.

Not everyone gets everything, and that makes the things you get more valuable for old and new players. That's why limited items exist.

azurepudding wrote:

Returning the availability is a definite step forward, as now it's also another source of funding for the game.

Like shirts and other merch?

azurepudding wrote:

Big Spender and Diamond are different, they're expensive items to buy that mainly support the game.

You mean was. Now, the Fanboy is a small spender.

azurepudding wrote:

It is an inappropriate feeling over others because it is a desire to feel more special than a huge part of the community. 

Maybe I just want to remember the old game and the years I put into the game as a whole with an item that for 5 years described it. Don't put words in my mouth about trying to better than someone because I don't care who is better than me or who I'm better than.

Edit: Why would I want it to stay exclusively to old players and give alternative ways to give it away?

Like I said, this argument has reached a dead end.

christ

i haven't ignored anything and you.. i'm not in the mood to argue about projection right now. 

you say it's this "symbol" but a symbol represents something, yes? why are you so protective about this smiley if it doesn't have this special feeling over others?  if there is no special feeling (which is entirely the point to keep a smiley like this exclusive), then there is zero reason to keep it exclusive.

Again you bring up contest smileys which I thought I already countered.. they.. are different, I already explained why.  Fanboys aren't contest smileys and you know that.  That said, I'm not against their return if they were won the same way.

Big Spender and Diamond are still expensive items to support the game tho.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral there is no arguing against that??

Yes, Fanboys are now smaller big spender type smileys now.  Why is this such a big deal ughhhhgaaaaah

It can be a technically correct term, but I can still dislike it.  Call yourself a veteran IRL and people will understand it very differently.  If you then explain that you're a veteran of a game, you'll probably get an eye roll and groan.  Words change over time, and it's hard to accept hero of war and videogame player can be defined with the same word.  They are vastly different things.  That's also why using this term to describe yourself can fall under "wanting to feel more special."  A veteran is an honorable title.  You call yourself a vet, I call you an ee player.

"Maybe I just want to remember the old game and the years I put into the game as a whole with an item that for 5 years described it. Don't put words in my mouth about trying to better than someone because I don't care who is better than me or who I'm better than."
I asked you if it wasn't a special feeling over others, then what's the meaning to keep it locked away to older players.  You answered "veteranship" and to reward longer time players, which.. if desiring to keep it that way, IS a special feeling over others.  I don't know what else to tell you.  That's not putting words in your mouth, that's you phrasing something in a different way which means the same, but are insisting it's different because you don't want to be outed as someone who desires this special feeling over others.  Wanting to have and wanting to keep "veteranship" bonuses is EXACTLY that.

"Why would I want it to stay exclusively to old players and give alternative ways to give it away?"
I believe this is what I asked you on post one.  You were open to FB2 being given out but not FB1.  You gave the reason of "veteranship" bonuses, which again is that special feeling over others.  If you were to defend FB1 with that nonsense, it would only make sense to defend FB2 with that same reasoning, but for some reason you change your mind there. 

This argument is only over because you keep dancing around what I've called you out on.  Wanting "veteranship" bonuses = Wanting to be treated over newer players.  This has become so frustrating, but I've made my point, and it looks like fanboys are here to stay.  The community wins, not just the "veterans," which is all that matters to me.  As you said, argument is over, but you can try again I guess, but ultimately fanboys are back and I can't say anything more than to deal with it, I guess.

Offline

#72 2018-08-03 21:45:22

Raphe9000
Member
From: OGLE-2017-BLG-0560
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,068

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

I'm not gonna explain my point since it keeps being shot down seemingly without any reason, so I'll clear up a few things.

azurepudding wrote:

you say it's this "symbol" but a symbol represents something, yes? why are you so protective about this smiley if it doesn't have this special feeling over others?  if there is no special feeling (which is entirely the point to keep a smiley like this exclusive), then there is zero reason to keep it exclusive.

I'm just saying throwing away what it meant to the community for so long is kinda dangerous.

azurepudding wrote:

Again you bring up contest smileys which I thought I already countered.. they.. are different, I already explained why.  Fanboys aren't contest smileys and you know that.  That said, I'm not against their return if they were won the same way.

That doesn't mean it should be treated as a polar opposite or as a normal smiley. Giving someone nothing to compare something to, even indirectly. You just compared the Fanboy 1 and Fanboy 2, but I guess it's bad if I compare a limited time smiley only given out to people that made something for the game to a limited time smiley only given out to people that made something for the game in a contest.

azurepudding wrote:

I asked you if it wasn't a special feeling over others, then what's the meaning to keep it locked away to older players.

Believe it or not, nostalgia doesn't put people down.

azurepudding wrote:

Big Spender and Diamond are still expensive items to support the game tho..  there is no arguing against that??

I didn't.

azurepudding wrote:

Yes, Fanboys are now smaller big spender type smileys now.  Why is this such a big deal ughhhhgaaaaah

It was never supposed to be in the first place, so I thought the least that could be done is make it closer to the big spender.

azurepudding wrote:

They are vastly different things.  That's also why using this term to describe yourself can fall under "wanting to feel more special."  A veteran is an honorable title.  You call yourself a vet, I call you an ee player.

Actually, I just use words that have a definition that fit in a palce. I almost completely ignore connotation of a word unless it has started to become its own denotation. It's like 'while' and 'whilst'. Don't accuse me of feeling above people for using one or the other.

azurepudding wrote:

I believe this is what I asked you on post one.  You were open to FB2 being given out but not FB1.

This is a lie. I gave alternative ways to give it out.

azurepudding wrote:

This argument is only over because you keep dancing around what I've called you out on.  Wanting "veteranship" bonuses = Wanting to be treated over newer players.  This has become so frustrating, but I've made my point, and it looks like fanboys are here to stay.  The community wins, not just the "veterans," which is all that matters to me.

This is the only reason I responded after trying for a conclusion. I wanted to end it because it was going nowhere. I accused nobody for that. The fact you attempt to accuse me solely for that is a sign of blaming others and failing to even understand there may be an alternate opinion just as valid as yours.

I'm done because it's starting to get off topic now. Respond if you feel free to.

Offline

#73 2018-08-03 22:19:14

Vitalijus
Member
From: Lithuania
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 1,378
Website

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

Why even bother on making the EE logo t-shirt if according to staff the name of the game MIGHT change in reboot?


wn7I7Oa.png

Offline

#74 2018-08-03 22:53:16

EEJoranasc
Member
From: Petoria
Joined: 2016-03-20
Posts: 1,234

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

Raphe9000 wrote:

I'm not gonna explain my point since it keeps being shot down seemingly without any reason, so I'll clear up a few things.

azurepudding wrote:

you say it's this "symbol" but a symbol represents something, yes? why are you so protective about this smiley if it doesn't have this special feeling over others?  if there is no special feeling (which is entirely the point to keep a smiley like this exclusive), then there is zero reason to keep it exclusive.

I'm just saying throwing away what it meant to the community for so long is kinda dangerous.

azurepudding wrote:

Again you bring up contest smileys which I thought I already countered.. they.. are different, I already explained why.  Fanboys aren't contest smileys and you know that.  That said, I'm not against their return if they were won the same way.

That doesn't mean it should be treated as a polar opposite or as a normal smiley. Giving someone nothing to compare something to, even indirectly. You just compared the Fanboy 1 and Fanboy 2, but I guess it's bad if I compare a limited time smiley only given out to people that made something for the game to a limited time smiley only given out to people that made something for the game in a contest.

azurepudding wrote:

I asked you if it wasn't a special feeling over others, then what's the meaning to keep it locked away to older players.

Believe it or not, nostalgia doesn't put people down.

azurepudding wrote:

Big Spender and Diamond are still expensive items to support the game tho..  there is no arguing against that??

I didn't.

azurepudding wrote:

Yes, Fanboys are now smaller big spender type smileys now.  Why is this such a big deal ughhhhgaaaaah

It was never supposed to be in the first place, so I thought the least that could be done is make it closer to the big spender.

azurepudding wrote:

They are vastly different things.  That's also why using this term to describe yourself can fall under "wanting to feel more special."  A veteran is an honorable title.  You call yourself a vet, I call you an ee player.

Actually, I just use words that have a definition that fit in a palce. I almost completely ignore connotation of a word unless it has started to become its own denotation. It's like 'while' and 'whilst'. Don't accuse me of feeling above people for using one or the other.

azurepudding wrote:

I believe this is what I asked you on post one.  You were open to FB2 being given out but not FB1.

This is a lie. I gave alternative ways to give it out.

azurepudding wrote:

This argument is only over because you keep dancing around what I've called you out on.  Wanting "veteranship" bonuses = Wanting to be treated over newer players.  This has become so frustrating, but I've made my point, and it looks like fanboys are here to stay.  The community wins, not just the "veterans," which is all that matters to me.

This is the only reason I responded after trying for a conclusion. I wanted to end it because it was going nowhere. I accused nobody for that. The fact you attempt to accuse me solely for that is a sign of blaming others and failing to even understand there may be an alternate opinion just as valid as yours.

I'm done because it's starting to get off topic now. Respond if you feel free to.

can you both calm down. so that u wont get banned

just forget about conflict, raphe and azure
accept that fanboy is just a smiley

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#75 2018-08-03 23:13:46

Joeyc
Member
From: Italy
Joined: 2017-11-05
Posts: 1,446

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

Okay, so let me get this. It matters more to you cause you found out about the game before us. So it makes you better than us and more exclusive to you? That makes no sense. We should all be able to a damn smiley man. I have to be honest with you. I probably won't even use the fanboys either. But It's up to you if you really want to waste 25 bucks to get a shirt for a smiley on a random game. Nothing deserves to be special in my opinion as well. It's more fun if we all have a chance to obtain it. I understand we'll never be able to get it the same way you did, but that's just how it is. just accept it. Our current time is always going to change from back in 2010. Nothing stays the way you want it. ITS CALLED MOVING ON

Last edited by Joeyc (2018-08-03 23:15:18)

Offline

Wooted by:
Raphe90001533750008718630

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1553113011.4871 - Generated in 0.136 seconds, 11 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.7 MiB (Peak: 2 MiB) ]