Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-28 16:10:32, last edited by pncordik (2018-07-28 16:15:28)

pncordik

two mechanics in the game that are VERY POOR in the EE

1th - buy to change name, PLEASE DELETE THIS R7FSmys.png
2th - when you unlike / unfavorite an level you cannot like / favorite the level you unliked / unfavorited again, PLEASE RETIRE THIS TOO R7FSmys.png

knAxnIR.jpg

#2 2018-07-28 16:12:14, last edited by Nebula (2018-07-28 16:14:40)

Nebula

Re: two mechanics in the game that are VERY POOR in the EE

3 - code box, why can't it be changed to popup window?

But I agree with 1st one too, since the inappropriate usernames cant be created anymore, but to avoid censor it is, idk, and the 2nd one is already pointed at other topic

#3 2018-07-28 16:16:52

LukeM
Website

I'm assuming you're suggesting to remove the cost for changing your name, not name changing itself?

If so, the reason its there is to avoid people changing their name too often, as with a price you only want to do this when you are really sure about it, rather than just doing it on a whim.

Whirl wrote:

What do you mean? Is there any reason it shouldn't be a box?

#4 2018-07-28 16:37:49

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

What about username change has a cooldown

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2018-07-28 16:52:44

LukeM
Website

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Cooldowns would still mean that people would end up changing their name just for fun, and might possibly mean that people don't realise there is a cooldown then complain that they can't change it back.

Plus not sure if names stay taken after someone renames their account, but if they do then there is the problem of large numbers of names being taken but not actually used, and if they don't then there is the problem of people changing their name for fun, then their original name being taken so they can't go back //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#6 2018-07-28 16:55:12

Emma333

LukeM wrote:

Most worlds dont have a code, and barely anyone uses them. Its not logical to have the bar shown at all times.

Pm me with anything math related please

#7 2018-07-28 16:56:40

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

LukeM wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Cooldowns would still mean that people would end up changing their name just for fun, and might possibly mean that people don't realise there is a cooldown then complain that they can't change it back.

Plus not sure if names stay taken after someone renames their account, but if they do then there is the problem of large numbers of names being taken but not actually used, and if they don't then there is the problem of people changing their name for fun, then their original name being taken so they can't go back //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Coldown bar can be besid the change usernam button, they shoudnt be able to change their username if its taken

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#8 2018-07-28 16:57:15, last edited by LukeM (2018-07-28 17:01:12)

LukeM
Website

Emma333 wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Most worlds dont have a code, and barely anyone uses them. Its not logical to have the bar shown at all times.

I get that it doesn't really need to be there, but is there any reason you actively dislike it being there?

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Coldown bar can be besid the change usernam button, they shoudnt be able to change their username if its taken

Well you could put it in big bold writing that there is a cooldown so they wouldn't be able to revert for however long, but that doesn't stop people complaining about not being able to remove worlds from crews, and that has the same big bold warning //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Allowing free, fairly frequent name changes just sounds like something that will lead to a lot of people making mistakes and regretting their decisions to me...

#9 2018-07-28 17:04:41, last edited by hummerz5 (2018-07-28 17:06:12)

hummerz5

Moved to game suggestions

1) While we obviously don't want folks just changing usernames often, the alternative could be to simply give you absolutely only one username change. That seems to be the compromise. A cooldown bar that you see reasonable to have next to a username seems to imply a very short cooldown, which is fatuous to me. Defeats the purpose of your own argument using such a short time.

2) We've covered this already. Why do you insist on reliking/favoriting things

3) What do you gain by hiding the code input? A blank bar? At least this way it's one less thing to block your vision.

edit: on an entirely unrelated topic, why do you guys think renaming yourselves frequently is such a good idea? I always thought that making a positive name for oneself was the goal. Renaming defeats that purpose. Unless you run from things you've done, which suggests to me you shouldn't have done that.

Wooted by:

#10 2018-07-28 17:22:18

peace

idea chnasage th ecode bar into chat

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#11 2018-07-28 17:35:31, last edited by hummerz5 (2018-07-28 20:03:49)

pncordik

hummerz5 moved to this area?
--

LukeM wrote:

I'm assuming you're suggesting to remove the cost for changing your name, not name changing itself?

If so, the reason its there is to avoid people changing their name too often, as with a price you only want to do this when you are really sure about it, rather than just doing it on a whim.

Whirl wrote:

simple, just can change X times, when you changed the name X times you need buy to change, or have an interval of X days / weeks / months / years

do not double post -hz5

knAxnIR.jpg

#12 2018-07-29 10:43:48

cpcrabs

LukeM wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

If people don't realise there is a cooldown then that is their problem. As long as it's specifically stated in an area that would make sense then I don't see how that's anything to worry about.

17 i think

Wooted by:
cpcrabs1532857428716794

Board footer