Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2018-07-30 15:39:11

Kira

Re: Plans for Patreon!

Xenonetix wrote:

Just to add on to what Luke's said, there will most likely still be public images, and possibly videos, from the Alpha period, so the community won't be completely in the dark! It just means people won't be able to play it until the Closed Beta stage.

Think of it like the Unity development before it was scrapped. The staff and a very select few community members were invited to take part in Unity Alpha testing, but basically, no big deal was made about it. I'm guessing most of you didn't even know there was an Alpha testing phase for Unity, because it was mostly kept a secret.

I understand the logic of "Well, now we've heard about this happening, we want to be able to play it!", but in reality, the Alpha testing stage is unlikely to be much 'fun' to play. It's one of the earliest stages of development, and we may not have announced it was happening at all (or at least until we were actually in it) if we didn't plan to include the select few high-tier Patrons.

In my mind, the first properly "playable" version will be the Closed Beta. If everyone had access to the Alpha, I feel like the majority of the community would just be really disappointed with how buggy and glitchy it is, expecting it to be a true example of how the reboot will be, when that's exactly the stage when there'd probably be huge numbers of physics adjustments and stuff. The more people that are playing that version, the harder it is to make 'big' changes to it, such as the physics. I'm really hoping that we won't have to change the physics much at all by the Closed Beta stage, and it'll be more that we'll be making changes to functionality and interface more, as the game will be playable to the extent that people can build decent worlds in short amounts of time, instead of spend weeks on a single world that might have to be scrapped because it's during the Alpha stage. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

We greatly appreciate if you choose to go for the higher tier option just for access to the Alpha, but that's not really the intention of it as a tier. As Luke mentioned, it's more to make sure we can properly demonstrate the progress we're making and show the returns on your investments into making this game great and popular again. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

That said, based on the feedback we've received, we are now planning on reducing the $100/month tier to a lower amount, but it's likely to still be higher than $50/month. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

So you're gonna pay $50 just to be dissapointed? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue That's some bad advertisement there buddy

#127 2018-07-30 15:42:25

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Xenonetix wrote:

Think of it like the Unity development before it was scrapped.

hey i dont feel like people would love to think of this as of something that was attempted before and failed pathetically

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

rat

#128 2018-07-30 17:33:35

peace

i rly hope much action blocks stay so porting over worlds is actualy somethin to odo expencely for switches dont need same ghrapic but sure these are the main fun togheter with bots to play ee

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#129 2018-07-30 18:39:41, last edited by Anatoly (2018-07-30 18:40:23)

Anatoly

Reboot sucks by what I’ve heard yet.

Edit: I have beta, why do I need to pay more gems for still having it? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I can tell for sure, that I will leave that reboot, if ee gets closed, too.

#130 2018-07-30 18:45:48

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Anatoly wrote:

Haven't heard of any leaks yet so I guess you're just gullible enough to trust fake news and gossips

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by: (5)

#131 2018-07-30 20:55:59

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Anatoly wrote:

I have beta, why do I need to pay more gems for still having it? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

You don't?

Xenonetix-2.png

#132 2018-07-30 21:29:05

Guest.

Anatoly wrote:

if ee gets closed you cant leave it because its already closed

Wooted by:

#133 2018-07-30 21:38:25

peace

Anatoly wrote:

Edit: I have beta, why do I need to pay more gems for still having it? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

heres what i dont get why do you wanna leave the reeboot if we dont knwo what will come in it or do you? do you know plans on what will be added? if so teel me please now k thnx

peace.png

#134 2018-07-31 16:41:18

Anatoly

20$ dollars every month to speak to Xeno... Like he will stop posting on forums or what?

5$ to be in an "isolated" discord?

And that every month?

Do I get correctly that current players may skip some of them?

#135 2018-07-31 16:47:29

LukeM
Website

Anatoly wrote:

20$ dollars every month to speak to Xeno... Like he will stop posting on forums or what?

And that every month?

All of this is on top of what we already have, we're not going to stop posting things on the forums, you're beta isn't going to be taken away, we're not going to delete the current EE discord //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

These are just extra perks for anyone who wants to donate (we're not suggesting that you donate specifically to get the rewards, they are just as a thank you for people donating anyway)

Wooted by:

PTU

#136 2018-07-31 16:54:44

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

LukeM wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

And that every month?

All of this is on top of what we already have, we're not going to stop posting things on the forums, you're beta isn't going to be taken away, we're not going to delete the current EE discord //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

These are just extra perks for anyone who wants to donate (we're not suggesting that you donate specifically to get the rewards, they are just as a thank you for people donating anyway)

Not sure if the question has been answered already so I'll repeat it
Will rEEboot have a beta membership similar to the beta in current EE? (Not beta testing access!) If yes, will the current players with beta get it for free in rEEboot?
Again, I'm talking about a membership status, NOT access to testing phase

i8SwC8p.png

#137 2018-07-31 17:16:50

Anatoly

TaskManager wrote:
LukeM wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

And that every month?

Not sure if the question has been answered already so I'll repeat it
Will rEEboot have a beta membership similar to the beta in current EE? (Not beta testing access!) If yes, will the current players with beta get it for free in rEEboot?

If I get it correctly we all will be free in the closed beta...

#138 2018-07-31 17:40:14

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

TaskManager wrote:

We plan to have some sort of "membership status", which is likely to be a single subscription of some sort, most closely equating to Gold Membership now, but perhaps closer in style to what Builders' Club used to be - Somewhere in between!

There's unlikely to be a "Beta" status specifically, and, provided the Beta items are in the reboot, they'll most likely be available, probably for free to everyone in the Closed Beta. By the time we reach Open Beta, we'll make the decision over whether to keep them free or available for energy (or whatever the equivalent of energy might be), but anyone who had it for free in the Closed Beta would keep them for free, thus keeping their value.

Xenonetix-2.png

#139 2018-07-31 20:28:07

Yu

I suppose you could call it Paytreon

Wooted by:

#140 2018-08-01 11:36:54, last edited by noob4lyfe (2018-08-01 11:42:22)

noob4lyfe

Xenonetix wrote:

$5/month - Beta Access & Gold Membership! - If you already have Beta Access and/or Gold Membership, we'll provide reimbursement in the form of gems if you go for this option! Beta Access also includes access to the Closed Beta of the reboot planned for January 2019!

Yes I would like my refund if it's going to be a subscription based monthly payment.. I wouldn't have donated if i knew that - i thought it was going to be permanent not change and be monthly payment.. Completely dissatisfied. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Utterly dissatisfied, I agree if players would want to donate to support that's completely fine but now this is worse than gold membership subscription..

#141 2018-08-01 11:39:26

LukeM
Website

noob4lyfe wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

Yes I would like my refund if it's going to be a subscription based monthly payment.. I wouldn't have donated if i knew that - i thought it was going to be permanent not change and be monthly payment.. Completely dissatisfied. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

For the millionth time, if you already have beta before Patreon, you will still have beta after Patreon //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Patreon is just another way to get beta, not a replacement for the current one time payment.

Wooted by: (2)

#142 2018-08-01 11:40:26, last edited by minam (2018-08-01 13:51:17)

minam

noob4lyfe wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

$5/month - Beta Access & Gold Membership! - If you already have Beta Access and/or Gold Membership, we'll provide reimbursement in the form of gems if you go for this option! Beta Access also includes access to the Closed Beta of the reboot planned for January 2019!

I thought that it was only if you go for that option.

EDIT:We are now currently complaining about waiting for Patreon at:
https://everybodyedits.com/games/PWYyCpro0RcEI

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

Wooted by:

#143 2018-08-01 11:51:31

Nebula

will patreon kill the gems system?

#144 2018-08-01 12:20:40

CyanEE

NOO! I really wanna be a $100/m patron but I can't :c

Example of my best building:

[REDACTED]

#145 2018-08-01 12:48:58

peace

nope patreon will be a new way to donate ee besides alreayd doign wiht gems

peace.png

#146 2018-08-01 13:50:24

Anatoly

Everything is complaining about Patreon in this topic.

Why would HG call me ridiculous if I complain too.

#147 2018-08-01 14:56:51

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Thanks for calling me out.

Your complaints in the fan Discord server were completely different to the usual ones in this topic. Here, everyone gave their opinions about some features, and reasons for something to be a bad idea, in a detailed manner.

Meanwhile, you were only repeatedly complaining about losing Beta access, which has been repeatedly mentioned in the topic, that none with Beta access will lose it.

You then proceeded to insult the reboot project, and call out the staff members as if they were trying to make a personal profit from the Patreon.

That's an intolerable level of complaining.

Wooted by: (2)

#148 2018-08-01 15:13:43

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

HG wrote:

Your complaints in the fan Discord server were completely different to the usual ones in this topic. Here, everyone gave their opinions about some features, and reasons for something to be a bad idea, in a detailed manner.

Meanwhile, you were only repeatedly complaining about losing Beta access, which has been repeatedly mentioned in the topic, that none with Beta access will lose it.

You then proceeded to insult the reboot project, and call out the staff members as if they were trying to make a personal profit from the Patreon.

[becoming a member of the community intensifies]

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by: (3)

#149 2018-08-01 15:28:12

Jorc

HG wrote:

HG wrote:

Your complaints in the fan Discord server were completely different to the usual ones in this topic.

HG wrote:

the fan Discord server

what

there isnt official ee server, processor's ee server isnt considered as "official", you might know why

#150 2018-08-01 15:39:21, last edited by drunkbnu (2018-08-01 15:40:41)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

EEJoranasc wrote:
HG wrote:

the fan Discord server

what

there isnt official ee server, processor's ee server isnt considered as "official", you might know why

Which is why I mentioned it as a "fan" server.

An official server would be one run by the staff. This one is run by the community, thus "fan".

oxidizer1533597949718418

Board footer